AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Current Series > One Piece

Notices

Old 2006-10-27, 18:52   Link #21
sanzolim

Luffy's Girl

If there is romance in One piece.. who should luffy end up with
sanzolim is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-10-27, 22:28   Link #22
ashez2ashes

Send a message via AIM to ashez2ashes
Luffy has many loves... like Luffy + beef, Luffy + pork, Luffy + chicken...
ashez2ashes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-10-27, 23:13   Link #23
matsuno

This is a very shonen styled series. Wherein the character is devoid of the ability to really look at women as secual beings. Luffy sees Nami with the same view he has of Nico Robin, of Usopp and even of Zoro. He cares for them as trusted comrades on his quest to be pirate king. They are his Nakama.

A good example of this behaviour I would show is in Goku from Dragon Ball. There was no competition for his heart between bulma and Chichi, he kjust agreed to marry chichi from her asking him to (thinking it was some sort of food). Then later, rather than break a promise he made (though he had forgotten about it) he marries chichi and of course at some point consumates the marriage at least twice. There was never anything in the entire run of the series to show any sort of "love" between them, but many times of worry about consequences of actions (more so about if they concerned food (remind you of someone?).
matsuno is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-10-28, 00:04   Link #24
Mr. DJ
Schwing!

Luffy is still a kid by default, a rather young, ambitious one at that. So I think women is hardly a thing on his mind atm.

I'd say the one closest to him would be Nami. And sometime down the road *bow chika bow wow* >.> what? *cough* herm...anyhow, I think you get the point ;P

I don't see Nico Robin w/ anyone besides Zoro.

AFAIK, Vivi is outta the picture since Crocodile's arc ended.

dear god...*moves his can of air freshener away from the computer* damn near drank that instead of my soda >.<
Mr. DJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-10-28, 04:12   Link #25
astrallionheart

Eh?...Zoro eh. Is it because she tried to get his attention early on by semi-flirting? She seemed like she was pretty much "flirting globally" when she first joined the series, aka, just sorta had a seductive pose when anyone/everyone was looking.

IMO, Zoro might end up with Smoker's lieutenant...LOL.

I voted Nico Robin...because she seems more of a traumatized individual and is more likely to cling to someone. Nami has always had the outward appearance of nonchalance (though, it's probably because she's used to being around bawdy pirate crews, and has a more girlish aura than Robin, who just looks dangerously laid back).
astrallionheart is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-10-28, 08:20   Link #26
modamer jahim

zoroxrobin
there's a lot of thing happen in the series proove it!

like in skypia arc
!!
modamer jahim is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-10-30, 17:31   Link #27
pinkflower80
MY PROFILE!!!!!

i agree with you people. Zolo is to...tense and he needs some love in his life. i say heshould endup with Nami. Cause they are in the PERFECT age for eachother. Cause robin is to old for Zolo and Luffy is to young for nami. So they are PERFECT!!! Or wecan twist the show up We could do it YAOI AND YURI STYLE!!!! Like robinand nami could be together and either Luffy and Zolo be together or with Sanji. but....thats just me. But also...If we add romance it would just mess the show up so....we should save that for later.
pinkflower80 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-10-30, 18:02   Link #28
forest child

yaoi and yuri? that would freak people out a bit wouldn't it? anyway... romance is for stuff like shojo....NOT...i repeat...NOT for OP....it would screw up the show...
forest child is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-10-31, 01:03   Link #29
kvnphm1

Should we start a fraction poll like in school rumble?

*vote for blanket fraction: zoro x robin*
kvnphm1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-10-31, 15:17   Link #30
pinkflower80
MY PROFILE!!!!!

*does evil laugh* Whats wrong in scarying people?!?!? anyways......true.....it is made for SHOJI. (or how ever you spell it) But...youhave to agree...once they do allthe crews dream and does all of that junk...they should a have ROMANCE thign going on.....how bout that?
pinkflower80 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-11-01, 06:48   Link #31
Climhazard
Funk Freed

Manga Spoiler Alert!!!!
Spoiler:
Climhazard is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-11-04, 05:43   Link #32
fieryshadowcard

Quote:
Originally Posted by Climhazard View Post
Manga Spoiler Alert!!!!
Spoiler:
Spoiler:

I'd love to see more Zoro/Robin suggestion; something about just the idea of those two makes me smile. As to people who think romance would kill a shounen series, that's only because we have yet to see romance done right.

Too much genre-categorizing, not enough flat-out story appreciation. Too bad Oda's been alluding to no romance whatsoever in his interviews... -_-
fieryshadowcard is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-11-04, 06:58   Link #33
S_C_L-1

Frankly, i dont c age being that relevant pinkflower... age might seem important at a young age, but becomes alot less significant in the long run. to the point that it doesnt matter at all.
S_C_L-1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-11-04, 13:36   Link #34
Chuixupu
Shikachu

Quote:
Originally Posted by fieryshadowcard
I'd love to see more Zoro/Robin suggestion; something about just the idea of those two makes me smile. As to people who think romance would kill a shounen series, that's only because we have yet to see romance done right.
I've seen plenty of romance done right, I like romance. I just don't think it belongs in One Piece. Niether does Oda.

Quote:
Too bad Oda's been alluding to no romance whatsoever in his interviews... -_-
I rather say thank goodness he hasn't been alluding to it.
Chuixupu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-11-04, 23:43   Link #35
Xefiris
Lord of bored!

Send a message via AIM to Xefiris Send a message via Yahoo to Xefiris
Romance in this anime would be bad if its within the crew period. I like the anime so much because they have so much love for each other as comrades and nothing else.
Xefiris is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-11-05, 00:22   Link #36
Mr. DJ
Schwing!

:P

GomoGomo Fruit+nude beach=winner of Nami's heart xD
Mr. DJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-11-06, 03:01   Link #37
hagane no kaizoku

I don't think romance belongs in OP, but not because of some inherent trait as a shounen series. Plenty of shounen series (i.e. Naruto) have romance as an element. It just doesn't belong here because it's all about the adventure and friendship. I also like that the women are strong characters in their own right and aren't just worried about their latest crush. I must admit that romance in shounen series often seems sort of forced, like they're just trying to appeal more to girls.

Still, it's good fanfic material, and I'm pretty open as far as pairings go. The only common pairing that bugs me is Sanji x Zoro, because Sanji is one of the most agressively heterosexual men I've ever seen in anime. He imagines a future child with Nami, even.

Oh wait, we weren't talking about yaoi/yuri. Never mind then.
hagane no kaizoku is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-01-05, 22:50   Link #38
anti-sasuke brigade

OP fractions

iono if someone has created a thread like this but here is mine

i know that OP is not a ramantic anime or any in that kinda sense, the cloest to a romantic scene i guess only come from Sanji. but in the end someone should end up with someone else or else how can they make babies

i will try my best to do this and sorry if i miss out on a character or so
and please dont spoil anything cause i only seen the anime itself

please vote which fractions you preferr from the Straw Hat crew

LuffyxNami

LuffyxRobin

ZoroxTashigi (for those who dont know this person, she is the one that look like the girl in Zoro past)

ZoroxRobin

ZoroxNami

SanjixNami

SanjixRobin

UssopxNami

UssopxRobin

UssopxSick Girl (forgot whats her name but she is the one back in his hometown)

i left Chopper cause his an animal

feel feee to add other fractions that i have missed out on
also sorry for my english

Last edited by anti-sasuke brigade; 2007-01-06 at 03:43. Reason: typos
anti-sasuke brigade is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-01-05, 23:08   Link #39
brandfireX
Jedi Trainer of ONE PIECE

ussop and kaya she is the sick girl and we know that they love each other

robin and zoro she is not weak but she wants someone strong and serious cause she is older and sanji is to young and crazy

sanji and nami cause idkthey just will like each other sanji we save her and then it will be all good

luffy doesnt care about girls right now only one piece
brandfireX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-01-06, 02:23   Link #40
Chuixupu
Shikachu

Fractions? I don't think I've heard of that term before, other than meaning such mathematical terms as 1/8

I think we already had a lot of discussion on the topic of romance and pairing here http://forums.animesuki.com/showthread.php?t=8866

I don't think there is going to be any pairings actually shown between any main characters. Maybe hinted at. UsoppxKaya is definately hinted at, but not certain. I'd say if ANY pairing does happen at the end of the story, it's that one.
I just like pairings in a fun, fandomm sense. I always will like UsoppxNami, though it's not like I'm actually expecting it in the story.
Chuixupu is offline   Reply With Quote