AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Current Series > Gundam

Notices

View Poll Results: Critique of Episode 11
10: Amazing... 6 14.63%
9 out of 10: Excellent... 3 7.32%
8 out of 10: Very Good... 7 17.07%
7 out of 10: Good... 10 24.39%
6 out of 10: Average... 7 17.07%
5 out of 10: Below Average... 1 2.44%
4 out of 10: Poor... 3 7.32%
3 out of 10: Bad... 0 0%
2 out of 10: Very Bad... 2 4.88%
1 out of 10: Torturous... 2 4.88%
Voters: 41. You may not vote on this poll

Old 2011-12-18, 04:52   Link #21
GN0010 Nosferatu
Where's the monoeye?

Well, now we know it won't be transforming. That was a close one.
GN0010 Nosferatu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-12-18, 05:15   Link #22
Realist_Classic
Casual prosumer of anime

I would've been a bit happier had the writers trolled the audience for a few more weeks about the final weapon. However, all of the animation work for Flit's arc has been completed a few weeks back.

Other musings:

1. They really like to use megaphones in the AGE world.
2. Writing errors really stick out like a sore thumb. Unless Madorna's been tailing the Diva for the last two weeks, he can't just appear out of nowhere if the transit from Fardain to Minsry takes two weeks. Hopefully they address these sloppy writing in Asem's arc.
3. Cardboard characters. We get nothing about Yurin's foster father, other than he's Don Boyage's old friend and he has trouble relating to Yurin. Given that he's the financial backer of the big operation, a little bit more background would be nice. And what's with Candybar-kun? He's neither scary nor comedic.

The last two points really took the episode a few notches down for me :-/
Realist_Classic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-12-18, 05:39   Link #23
casval cehack

Lots of blushing in this episode. Though the stated focus was the Ambat assault planning, alot happened in the sidelines:

-Even more Millias X Woolf scenes (and Largan was the first one to notice it). Millias' blush made this episode super.
-Yurin's background was revealed (in show), especially the reason why she was running during the Nora incident.
-Emily will goto to war once she discovers what Flit did for two weeks. Camping with Yurin was certainly fun and complete with a theme song (Memorial Days).
-Earth was hinted to be the different now, being Minsry a replica of it. Also, a colony can opt out of the EFF in this universe too.
-Diva has got something new (photon blaster?) for the UE thanks to the Age system and Mr. Madornna.
-Short beam saber action! Flit actually used steam to blind the Genoace during Grodeks rescue (five minutes after he was arrested by the energy bar chomping Zenigata).
-Grodek hinted the the EFF is hiding the true nature of the UE (which we all know by now).

From the preview, EFF fleet action and Decil "kidnapping" Yurin.
Old 2011-12-18, 06:17   Link #24
bio9205
Reborn

Screw Emily to hell, this episode convinced me that Yurin is a kajillion times better.

Not a bad episode, I guess. It had my attention, unlike some of the previous episodes. Can't wait for what's to come. But some of the plot holes like Madorna's sudden appearance... Ehh.
bio9205 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-12-18, 06:43   Link #25
Sides

Episode was good, because it had an insert song, not sure was that song sung by KOKIA?
Couple of new characters this week, a choco bar munching captain from the federation and the Bermings. guy who runs the independent colony.
Couple of fun stuff happening in this episode, but the one that suck out for me was, that the DIVA has an anti-anti-graviation chamber or field, with weight lifting equipment ^^.
Sides is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-12-18, 07:08   Link #26
LightningZERO
You are Dominated!
*Author

No new episode from Gundaminfo channel?
Old 2011-12-18, 07:14   Link #27
brightman
Ancient Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Realist_Classic View Post
2. Writing errors really stick out like a sore thumb. Unless Madorna's been tailing the Diva for the last two weeks, he can't just appear out of nowhere if the transit from Fardain to Minsry takes two weeks. Hopefully they address these sloppy writing in Asem's arc.
I don't think they ever said that it takes two weeks to get to Minsry from Fardain. They stayed at Minsry for two weeks to restock and to plan the attack.

I find the fact that Flit was able to pull the Gundam out of nowhere in the middle of the river to be more strange (though its not the first time something similar to this has happened)... His boat was still on the river when the Gundam came out, so how was he able to get to the Gundam back in the Diva?

Oh well, Akihiro Hino wrote the script for this ep so I'm not surprised.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sides View Post
Episode was good, because it had an insert song, not sure was that song sung by KOKIA?
The song is "Memorial Days" by KOKIA
Old 2011-12-18, 07:15   Link #28
duotiga
Zander Yuusha Kyorugold

Send a message via ICQ to duotiga Send a message via MSN to duotiga
nxt wk episode i got a feeling that....
Spoiler:
duotiga is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-12-18, 07:19   Link #29
bio9205
Reborn

Quote:
Originally Posted by LightningZERO View Post
No new episode from Gundaminfo channel?
Um, here it is.
Old 2011-12-18, 07:26   Link #30
Realist_Classic
Casual prosumer of anime

Quote:
Originally Posted by brightman View Post
I don't think they ever said that it takes two weeks to get to Minsry from Fardain. They stayed at Minsry for two weeks to restock and to plan the attack.
I'm pretty sure I heard the dialogue between Woolf and Vargas right in the closing scene of Episode 10. You are right in that they did end up staying at Minsry for 2 weeks (went by in 2 minutes seemingly).

Quote:
I find the fact that Flit was able to pull the Gundam out of nowhere in the middle of the river to be more strange (though its not the first time something similar to this has happened)... His boat was still on the river when the Gundam came out, so how was he able to get to the Gundam back in the Diva?

Oh well, Akihiro Hino wrote the script for this ep so I'm not surprised.
They probably pulled ashore right after Gundam's launched to Flit's location, dropped him off, and then continued tailing the Federation officer's boat with Flit rendezvousing with them later. But yeah, that was mighty sloppy, too.
Old 2011-12-18, 07:36   Link #31
LightningZERO
You are Dominated!
*Author

Quote:
Originally Posted by bio9205 View Post
Wow...thanks!
Old 2011-12-18, 07:37   Link #32
Realist_Classic
Casual prosumer of anime

Quote:
Originally Posted by duotiga View Post
nxt wk episode i got a feeling that....
Spoiler:
Spoiler for :
Old 2011-12-18, 07:43   Link #33
brightman
Ancient Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Realist_Classic View Post
I'm pretty sure I heard the dialogue between Woolf and Vargas right in the closing scene of Episode 10. You are right in that they did end up staying at Minsry for 2 weeks (went by in 2 minutes seemingly).
Yup, forgot about that scene.

No idea how to explain that one. But Hino's crappy scriptwriting is really showing here (and affecting the rest of the screenwriters too).

Quote:
They probably pulled ashore right after Gundam's launched to Flit's location, dropped him off, and then continued tailing the Federation officer's boat with Flit rendezvousing with them later. But yeah, that was mighty sloppy, too.
Gundam can't be launched inside a colony, since it can't fly. Plus they had to go by water to get to the mansion so trucking it in like last time wouldn't work.
Old 2011-12-18, 07:52   Link #34
Znozzy
Praise the sun!

Quote:
Yup, forgot about that scene.

No idea how to explain that one. But Hino's crappy scriptwriting is really showing here (and affecting the rest of the screenwriters too).

Gundam can't be launched inside a colony, since it can't fly. Plus they had to go by water to get to the mansion so trucking it in like last time wouldn't work.
tbh, they never said the Gundam can't fly inside a colony, we've just never seen it fly, not to mention the mega-jump when the Titus did it's entrance would be impossible without flying/booster enhanced jumps, so it's safe to assume it can atleast jump/semi-fly with the backpack boosters while inside a colony

Also, the AGE-builder can shit out parts for the Diva but not the Genoaces? That thing is seriously being used in the most stupid ways possible "for the plot"

Yurin is going to die, background song, " Happy playing in the water ", smiling, blushing and looking at flowers? then suddenly .. Flit and Yurin are back in the forest like nothing happend talking again? Did they have a Newtype mindmeld vacation? what just happened?

Grodek going over strategies, sweet, too bad Largan is still useless due to his Genoace.

Going to rewatch the episode again once fansubs are out
Znozzy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-12-18, 07:57   Link #35
brightman
Ancient Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Znozzy View Post
tbh, they never said the Gundam can't fly inside a colony, we've just never seen it fly, not to mention the mega-jump when the Titus did it's entrance would be impossible without flying/booster enhanced jumps, so it's safe to assume it can atleast jump/semi-fly with the backpack boosters while inside a colony
Are we going back to this discussion again? I think its quite obvious that it can't fly. They don't need to say it. There are plenty of opportunities for it to fly, and it didn't.

The Titus entrance meant nothing. It was the camera angle and the fact that the fight was taking place on the side of the mountain/hill. After that the Titus never showed that it can do much more than a small boosted jump (nowhere near the level of the jumps seen in UC).

And we're talking about it flying *unmanned* from the Diva to where Flit is... Even if it could do boosted jumps, that doesn't help in this situation.

Quote:
Also, the AGE-builder can shit out parts for the Diva but not the Genoaces? That thing is seriously being used in the most stupid ways possible "for the plot"
Energy output limitations have been used as excuses for grunt suits not being able to use fancy weapons in the past. Its probably the same here.

And yes, the Genoace Custom was able to use the Dodd's rifle once, but that doesn't mean it can use it two, three more times. Its probably similar to Duel using Buster's cannon in the last episode of Seed.
Old 2011-12-18, 08:14   Link #36
Znozzy
Praise the sun!

Quote:
Are we going back to this discussion again? I think its quite obvious that it can't fly. They don't need to say it. There are plenty of opportunities for it to fly, and it didn't.

The Titus entrance meant nothing. It was the camera angle and the fact that the fight was taking place on the side of the mountain/hill. After that the Titus never showed that it can do much more than a small boosted jump (nowhere near the level of the jumps seen in UC).

And we're talking about it flying *unmanned* from the Diva to where Flit is... Even if it could do boosted jumps, that doesn't help in this situation.
Once again, there has been nothing said about it being able to sustain flight, and not being able to sustain flight, from what's been seen in the show, it can do booster-powered jumps, there has been nothing said or shown against that, quite the opposite.

The gundam randomly showing up was bad storytelling, again, but i hope it gets retconned like the Titus entrance and parts switching in the next episode.

Quote:
Energy output limitations have been used as excuses for grunt suits not being able to use fancy weapons in the past. Its probably the same here.

And yes, the Genoace Custom was able to use the Dodd's rifle once, but that doesn't mean it can use it two, three more times. Its probably similar to Duel using Buster's cannon in the last episode of Seed.
The Dods rifle has it's own powersource, Flit ran out of Ammo in episode 2 or 3 (correct me if im wrong here regarding which episode it was)

Woolf, as you said used it with no issues at all, if it was relevant it would've been used as a excuse why the Genoaces can't use the Dods rifle, like it being too powerful or something like that, it wasnt, we can only speculate here, from what the show has shown us the Genoace has no issues using the Dods rifle.

The AGE-Builder keeps being misused and only used as a plot device, which is pretty sad since the thing had alot of potential. Odds are someone is going to reply with " it didnt have raw materials to produce a rifle for the Genoace "

Yet it had enough raw materials to shit out Spallow parts and something for the Diva.

Sorry, the AGE builder not making things for the Genoace (sofar) is just bad writing.

Have to say the Genoaces was animated nicely in this episode though.
Old 2011-12-18, 08:27   Link #37
brightman
Ancient Member

Quote:
Once again, there has been nothing said about it being able to sustain flight, and not being able to sustain flight, from what's been seen in the show, it can do booster-powered jumps, there has been nothing said or shown against that, quite the opposite
Nothing says Flit can't grow wings and fly either, but are we just going to make assumptions for the heck of it?

Again, there's been more than enough evidence that the Gundam can't fly. The UE suits can fly, the Gundam can't.

Quote:
The Dods rifle has it's own powersource, Flit ran out of Ammo in episode 2 or 3 (correct me if im wrong here regarding which episode it was)

Woolf, as you said used it with no issues at all, if it was relevant it would've been used as a excuse why the Genoaces can't use the Dods rifle, like it being too powerful or something like that, it wasnt, we can only speculate here, from what the show has shown us the Genoace has no issues using the Dods rifle.
The AGE-Builder keeps being misused and only used as a plot device, which is pretty sad since the thing had alot of potential. Odds are someone is going to reply with " it didnt have raw materials to produce a rifle for the Genoace "

Yet it had enough raw materials to shit out Spallow parts and something for the Diva.

Sorry, the AGE builder not making things for the Genoace (sofar) is just bad writing.
Fair enough. No need to apologize to me for criticizing the show's bad writing. I've been doing the same.
Old 2011-12-18, 08:30   Link #38
bio9205
Reborn

Quote:
I don't think it's a matter of the Dods Rifle being too powerful, but more of compatibility issues. Kind of like how in Unicorn, the Delta Plus' right arm malfunctioned after firing a shot from the Unicorn's beam magnum.
Old 2011-12-18, 08:34   Link #39
Znozzy
Praise the sun!

Quote:
Nothing says Flit can't grow wings and fly either, but are we just going to make assumptions for the heck of it?

Again, there's been more than enough evidence that the Gundam can't fly. The UE suits can fly, the Gundam can't.
i'm not saying it can fly, i'm saying it can do booster powered jumps, which would make sense from the scenes we've seen sofar, and once again we've had nothing to show the opposite

Quote:
I don't think it's a matter of the Dods Rifle being too powerful, but more of compatibility issues. Kind of like how in Unicorn, the Delta Plus' right arm malfunctioned after firing a shot from the Unicorn's beam magnum.
Read my previous post, we've been give no indication's at all the Genoaces arent able to fire the Dods rifle more than once. It has it's own powersource, Woolf didn't mention anything, we are given no scene or explanation why it wouldn't be able to fire it again.
Old 2011-12-18, 08:36   Link #40
brightman
Ancient Member

Quote:
i'm not saying it can fly, i'm saying it can do booster powered jumps, which would make sense from the scenes we've seen sofar, and once again we've had nothing to show the opposite
That's exactly what I was saying too... So why are we debating this again?

Quote:
Yup. Its like Zakus continuing to use the cheap machine guns even after Gelgoogs were introduced with beam rifles. There's a limitation somewhere that isn't described. And poor writing or not, they will probably recon in an explanation somewhere down the line, whether in the show itself or in some guidebook somewhere.

Tags
weekly episode discussion