AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Related Topics > Manga

Notices

Old 2009-12-29, 00:01   Link #1861
Wargumm1i
Hentai

I wonder what is Road´s main obsession with Allen? It cant be because of the Noah blood right?
Wargumm1i is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-12-29, 03:25   Link #1862
zibi88

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wargumm1i View Post
I wonder what is Road´s main obsession with Allen? It cant be because of the Noah blood right?
you could ask.... why Wisely that met allen first time in his life said that "he is very interesting".... the same goes for Tyki who likes Allen like a friend.....

I guess its Allen's character that eveyone likes... Road is very attached to it... kind hearted even for a noah (like in rewinding town... normaly other person would shot her... yet allen couldnt... and road liked that).... allen is funny and road likes that sicne she alone is more like a fun girl.....

so yeah its mostly becouse who allen is as a person that Road is attached to him.... evne other noahs fell for his charm.......... Road developed a crush on allen long long before she learned that allen has a noah inside him... so its not made by that noah ^^
zibi88 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-12-30, 09:15   Link #1863
kitten320

Somehow this chapter seemed a bit weird... and Alma is irritating... duno, it didn't really get my interest here.

Although Alma and Kanda sure had to suffer a lot through experiments, to lose their blood and body parts like this... yuck!
Old 2010-01-24, 17:26   Link #1864
(Hiyori_Tamura)
Currently Buried In Manga

Tis one of the best Manga I have ever read, I love it ^3^
Although...You know how the whole story is very biblical and everything? Well, I keep thinking that Allen Walker is like Jesus or something, I have no idea why but I keep thinking that since there was a Noah but no one else.

Quote:
Originally Posted by zibi88 View Post
you could ask.... why Wisely that met allen first time in his life said that "he is very interesting".... the same goes for Tyki who likes Allen like a friend.....

I guess its Allen's character that eveyone likes... Road is very attached to it... kind hearted even for a noah (like in rewinding town... normaly other person would shot her... yet allen couldnt... and road liked that).... allen is funny and road likes that sicne she alone is more like a fun girl.....

so yeah its mostly becouse who allen is as a person that Road is attached to him.... evne other noahs fell for his charm.......... Road developed a crush on allen long long before she learned that allen has a noah inside him... so its not made by that noah ^^
I once got totally flamed for this, but I really hope that Road and Allen actually do end up together...Yah know?
I have a strange obvious feeling that it ain't gonna happen, but, I can dream.
I'm alittle tired of Lenalee though, I mean she got new Innocence and she might be "The Heart" but she's only fought like 2 or 3 tough battles while Allen almost got killed 10-20 different times xD

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vampire View Post
Or random and pointless head shot panels.
I agree that she's rushing the plot, but in the next issue is where she should slow it down a notch. It'll just be more confusing when she throws it all at once, first the new noahs, then third exorcists, Kanda's past and now Alma Karma smashed together in 3 chapters. Also, the artwork changed considerably from a few chapters ago with different coloring, but it's at least tolerable. But I guess it's really not easy to be her with all this pressure and illness, forced to draw manga to help please the fans.
I did have a bit of a WTF?! Moment when it was all squished in there, but I feel for her, she probably had deadlines and stuff like that so I'm not that upset.
But the art...I LOVE IT! I love how she changed loads of stuff =D Everyone looks older, and more mature, especially Allen. He doesn't wear a hood anymore (Which he used to wear to hide his hair because he was embarrassed about it) and now he's almost a lesser form of Kanda except with more awesome. I really liked the part where he looked super evil and the 14th came out xD
I Really wanna hear about Lavi's past though...I mean, how did he get the eyepatch? No one knows...Mystery...

Last edited by NightWish; 2010-01-24 at 17:57. Reason: Merged; Please avoid sequential posting...
(Hiyori_Tamura) is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-01-26, 09:51   Link #1865
Atlanty
Artist wannabe

Send a message via MSN to Atlanty
Quote:
Originally Posted by Vampire View Post
Or random and pointless head shot panels.
I agree that she's rushing the plot, but in the next issue is where she should slow it down a notch. It'll just be more confusing when she throws it all at once, first the new noahs, then third exorcists, Kanda's past and now Alma Karma smashed together in 3 chapters. Also, the artwork changed considerably from a few chapters ago with different coloring, but it's at least tolerable. But I guess it's really not easy to be her with all this pressure and illness, forced to draw manga to help please the fans.
I totally agree ;O It's getting confusing.

Also, I think it's kind of disturbing that they fight while they're trying to talk and the art is a little confusing so I get hard time concentrating =_= I really like the story and where it is going, but still.
Atlanty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-02-03, 05:27   Link #1866
andrewsch5658
*Author

Chapter 191 is out.XD

Awesome chapter as always. Full of mysteries as always.

Bak's so young and Marie got hair.O.O Kanda's the demon as always. Alma's cute and very talkative.:P

Kanda's dream was quite confuse for me.@_@
Old 2010-02-03, 17:52   Link #1867
-Sho-
~Omedetô~

Chapter 191 :

I kinda think that it was Kanda's mom and she work as a scientist .(Maybe)
-Sho- is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-02-04, 03:33   Link #1868
Arabesque
Licensed Hunter-a-holic

inb4 Kanda is a clone pops up.

Did anyone else this the art in this chapter was really good? I mean the shot of the hand pointing towards the sky and the view from the prescriptive of the person had some impact on me. Not to mention that the Color page was exceptionally beautiful.
Old 2010-02-04, 10:37   Link #1869
ffantasy24

^Actually I thought the art quality had gone sketchy again in this chapter. There were good shots like the one u mentioned but other than that alot of the pages dont feel completed and the lines are all really roughly done, and some panels havent even been rendered in. It almost feels like Hoshino is reversing back into her old deadline days. Sigh. U'd think with DGM being a monthly now she'd have more time to work on things and bring the quality up a notch..but I suppose with the back/wrist condition she has at the mo u can't really blame her. Bleh. I'm ranting I know. Everything's just changed so much in dgray lately that I still finding it hard to adjust.

Personal complaints aside, quite a revelation this week's plot has brought in. I cant get over the haunch that the ghostly woman might be the "person" that he's been looking for. It seems like she's somehow connected with the exorcist that keeps appearing in kanda's dreams. Could it be that the akuma Kanda was fused with used to be that exorcist and the visions he keeps seeing are the memories that belonged to the exorcist? Crack theory of course but the "flashbacks" obviously arnt from kanda's experiences so there might be a possibility.... The majority of the story is still quite confusing tho, why did they have to destroy him now that he has the regenerating ability permanently set in his system? Isn't that what they were trying to achieve at the start?

It was nice seeing more kiddy interactions with Alma. Who woulda expected young Kanda had been able to laugh so openly as a child. That was definitely a sweet moment but also sad as well knowing the torture they're about to experience later that would make Kanda the grump he is now. And new DGM artbook is out, yay! Looks like Hoshino probably had been busy with that, hence the drafty quality in the serialization this month.
ffantasy24 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-02-04, 16:14   Link #1870
(Hiyori_Tamura)
Currently Buried In Manga

I absolutely loved Chapter 191, it was a bit confusing at some parts, which was why I read it 2 times, but I thought the whole flashback was really amazing.
Bak looked young (And cute *3*, Marie was pretty sad looking...but it was nice to get some back story on them) And I really liked Alma, it's really upsetting that the future chapters will have Kanda, his best friend, almost killing him.
I really am liking the art more and more though, it just seems to have gotten so clean cut and realistic. =3
(Hiyori_Tamura) is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-03-01, 20:00   Link #1871
-Sho-
~Omedetô~

Chapter 192 out :

So that was it the Second Exorcist Project "Create Artificial Bodies"

Anyway , Road really like Allen She's cute ^^
-Sho- is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-03-01, 21:41   Link #1872
Guido
Snobby Gentleman

This chapter was exceptionally good. It revealed haunting truths about the Second Exorcist Project, paving the way for overall tone of the storyline to reach for a 'gray' storytelling.

With 'gray' I mean that I'm expecting from now on that D.Gray-man will move bit by bit into an even more realistic vision of the world and its people, which holds no room anymore for fictionalized ideals.

The point is that D.Gray-man has potential to shake off of the traditional conflict between good v.s. evil and pave more room to explore about its characters, their experiences, and relationships.

Transitioning good and evil not for the sake of justice or for being evil, but because how what's happening to them affects their respective worlds.

Spoiler for Second Exorcist Project:
Guido is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-03-01, 23:24   Link #1873
andrewsch5658
*Author

Chapter 192
Spoiler for :

An Epic chapter for me. I'm in love with Road's smile in pg 15.

This chapter explain about the second exorcist project and why we get to see Alma's memory as well.

I think the next chapter should be at least where Alma was killed by Kanda, which ends the flashback. If fast, we might see the awakening of Alma in the last page/ last few page for the next chapter.
Old 2010-03-02, 02:46   Link #1874
~Yami~
a random Indonesian otaku

I don't really understand about Kanda's past

But one thing I know,
Exorcist's fate is really sad
~Yami~ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-03-02, 03:52   Link #1875
zibi88

Quote:
Originally Posted by ~Yami~ View Post
I don't really understand about Kanda's past

But one thing I know,
Exorcist's fate is really sad
I dont get it why do you not understand there ?? the past memories are streached for sooo long so people would understand it better yet you still dont get it ?

Personaly I would get the whole picture just in 1-2chapters without needing more...
zibi88 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-03-02, 19:36   Link #1876
Xion Valkyrie

Quote:
I dont get it why do you not understand there ?? the past memories are streached for sooo long so people would understand it better yet you still dont get it ?

Personaly I would get the whole picture just in 1-2chapters without needing more...
I found the whole thing except for the big reveal this chapter kind of confusing. The chapters being monthly pretty much made me forget most of the stuff that happened in the previous chapters. It doesn't help that a lot of times I can't tell the characters apart anymore.
Xion Valkyrie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-03-03, 01:00   Link #1877
King Lycan
User Title eaten by ravenous bunnies
*IT Support

I have a feeling Road would betray The Earl because of her liking for Allen .
Old 2010-03-03, 04:14   Link #1878
Shiroth
Beautiful fighter.

Quote:
Originally Posted by King Lycan View Post
I have a feeling Road would betray The Earl because of her liking for Allen .
If we're going to compare the two, she seems much more devoted to the Earl then her crush on Allen.
Old 2010-03-04, 21:08   Link #1879
Altima of the Gates
Casting a spell on you...
*Graphic Designer

Location: Where there are no mallets or tentacles.... and the female cast of Tenjou Tenge is mine, all mine!
Send a message via AIM to Altima of the Gates Send a message via MSN to Altima of the Gates Send a message via Yahoo to Altima of the Gates
Quote:
Originally Posted by Shiroth View Post
If we're going to compare the two, she seems much more devoted to the Earl then her crush on Allen.
Yeah, I don't actually see it happening either.
Whether she likes Allen or not, she's got a role to play and she's gonna play it regardless.
Altima of the Gates is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-03-05, 08:17   Link #1880
Chaos2Frozen
We're Back

Quote:

To be honest, the whole monthly thing doesn't help either

Spoiler:

P.S - My god, Road's cute meter just went off the chart this chapter
Chaos2Frozen is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
action, manga, shounen, steampunk, supernatural