AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Related Topics > Reviews & Recommendations

Notices

Closed Thread

Old 2010-05-07, 04:59   Link #1
RwIron

Dark/Bloody/Action anime HERE!

Hey guys I just need some more recommendations on animation that are the Dark/Bloody/Action types if you know what i mean
[No Immature animes such as naruto(although a good anime) please!]
[No Girly type animations please! ONLY animations made for MEN! ]

Animations of my LOVINGS:
-Hellsing Ultimate (Best/Fave)
-Claymore (B-E-A-UTIFUL! action!)
-Elfen Lied (bloody as hell!)
-Samurai Champloo (although not bloody, still very Awesome!)
-GunGrave (Although not mainly focused on action, still a seriously good anime!)
-Fate Stay night

Currently Watching + Lookin Forward to Watching Animes:
-Ergo Proxy (looks very interesting and AWESOME graphics!)
-Darker than Black
-Wolf's Rain
-Black Lagoon
-requiem for phantom
-Texhnolyze

[Please tell me if these anime are good or not! so i dont have to bother watching it if it sucks, although its everyones preferance, tell me judging by what kind of animes I like.]

THANK YOU! and I LOVE YOU!
Old 2010-05-07, 07:52   Link #2
CeDeR
Inactive Member

Send a message via ICQ to CeDeR Send a message via AIM to CeDeR Send a message via Yahoo to CeDeR
Black lagoon, Darker than black(1st season) and Texhnolize fit your criteria and are worth watching.
I add Afro Samurai and Kurozuka( Not as good as the others but fits your criteria too).
Old 2010-05-07, 11:00   Link #3
barcode120x
MSN, FNP-C

I 2nd Ergo Proxy. I love the plot and the acting is awesome. It's been probably 2 years since I last watched it so I think I'm gonna re-download it .

Vampire Knight
Vampire Knight Guilty
~has romance in it but it's pretty dark/bloody IMO~
~fighting is good, I wish there was more~

Tokko
~labeled as action and horror, is dark~
~it's a couple years old so the animation isn't the best, plot is okay~

Hm, that's all I can think of now.
Old 2010-05-07, 11:11   Link #4
DragoZERO
Spoilaphobic

• Baccano! - more drama than action, but the action is awesome when you get it, not to mention it's an awesome series with high re-watch value.
  • Blood+ - Monsters, school girl with sword and has dark past...sounds good? Well it is awesome. And it get's deep later into the series.
  • Canaan - Great characters with depth and the action is amazing.
  • Ga-Rei -Zero- - One of the best animes I've seen in a while. The action is great and the story itself is exhilarating.
  • Kurozuka - Not much to say, samurai action and the truth behind the mystery of the story is pretty dark.
  • Sword of the Stranger - Movie with samurai action. Touching story, not so dark, but the action is great.

What you are watching are great choices, especially Requiem for the Phantom (don't you dare drop it, it picks up so much you won't be able to stop watching). As for Scanner's suggestion on Tokko, sorry but I thought that series was rather bland. It was bloody, but the plot didn't have to be as shallow as it was.
Old 2010-05-07, 11:48   Link #5
Scorch

You might like Gantz. It's really violent, with arcs of it regularly resulting in huge chunks of the cast getting killed.

As far as the ones on your list - Texhnolyze stands out as something very different than the others. It's dark and violent, yes, but it's much more intellectual than the others. It's from the people behind Serial Experiments Lain if that means much to you.
Old 2010-05-07, 12:59   Link #6
TyG3R

Kara no Kyoukai - 7 movies , very bloody.
Berserk - lot of action , bloody . but manga is better.
Basilisk - historical , 80% action , very intense.
Old 2010-05-07, 16:32   Link #7
RwIron

Hey thx to all of you! I got good feedbacks and I'm going to check out a lot of them. But please suggest me some more if there are any others out there! thx
Old 2010-05-07, 17:36   Link #8
Arbitres
Disabled By Request

Strait Jacket.

It's pretty bloody, though it's an OVA rather then an actual series. It also has magic in it, and a rather interesting theme to it. "If you fight with monsters, be careful not to become one." is very close to what it implies with the fighting.

I also second Blood+ and Sword of the Stranger.
Old 2010-05-07, 17:48   Link #9
Haladflire65
*Artist

I second Strait Jacket, Sword of the Stranger, Darker than Black and Baccano!.

I'm adding Karas to the list. It's an action/sci-fi 6-episode OVA series with amazingly animated fights. There's also quite a lot of blood and violence, too, but not as much plot since it's pretty short.
Old 2010-05-07, 18:51   Link #10
DragoZERO
Spoilaphobic

Quote:
Originally Posted by Haladflire65 View Post
I'm adding Karas to the list. It's an action/sci-fi 6-episode OVA series with amazingly animated fights. There's also quite a lot of blood and violence, too, but not as much plot since it's pretty short.
You know, I thought of that but I haven't watched it in so long I wasn't sure what it was about exactly and if it matched the criteria here. Guess I should watch it again.
Old 2010-05-08, 05:58   Link #11
RwIron

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scorch View Post
You might like Gantz. It's really violent, with arcs of it regularly resulting in huge chunks of the cast getting killed.

As far as the ones on your list - Texhnolyze stands out as something very different than the others. It's dark and violent, yes, but it's much more intellectual than the others. It's from the people behind Serial Experiments Lain if that means much to you.
Hey, I tried Texhnolyze and I kinda get what you mean by "more intellectual".
It defineatly looks like a interesting anime, but right now it just doesn't cut it for me.
I mean... I dont have much space in my computer right now and I have so much other animes to try out, I'm going to delay this one for now lol.

I saw the first 3 episodes and one side of me thought "what the F..." and the other "I wonder what happens next??" So defineatly checking it out later on, but not quite what I was looking for right at the moment.
Thx anyways bro~

Oh yeah! Another reason why I'm staying away from Ghost in the shell for the moment. Space and "intellectual" wise. hahaha
Old 2010-05-15, 15:55   Link #12
RwIron

I finished Ergo Proxy and it was pretty good. Although i thought it lacked a lil more action, it was still a interesting anime. I liked it overall!

But wat I really loved was the anime Black Lagoon! Wow it's got good plot and action. awesome!
Old 2010-05-15, 16:20   Link #13
fertygo
Hyakko Fanboy

Casshern Sins.

If you think the design is girly, I'm not want make friend with you.