Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series

Notices

Old 2010-10-18, 15:37   Link #121
Shiroth
Beautiful fighter.

Spoiler for Episode 03:
Old 2010-10-18, 16:32   Link #122
LKK

Now that my computer is back at full capacity, I'm playing catch-up will all my anime. Just finished episode 2. The overall atmosphere is really special. I'm not yet sure what makes it standout, but it really feels has a unique feel when compared to other currently showing anime.

Avatar: Hazuki of Natsuyuki Rendezvous / Signature: flowers from Natsuyuki Rendezvous
LKK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-10-18, 17:17   Link #123
ars89
One-Eyed Dragon

so liked that zakuro and agemaki are getting along, the end when everyone speculates what happened was hilarious, looks like an interesting plot is developing
ars89 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-10-18, 21:05   Link #124
mpt37

Spoiler for ep 3:
Old 2010-10-18, 22:03   Link #125
Sackett
Cross Game - I need more

Location: I've moved around the American West. I've lived in Oregon, Washington, Utah, and Oklahoma
Hmm...

Promising developments. This might turn out to be a good story.

Cross Game - A Story of Love, Life, Death - and Baseball. What more could you want?
Sackett is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-10-18, 23:15   Link #126
HandofFate

Pretty good bonding episode. Nice to see some Zakuro team alone time. I hope we get to see some solo adventures of the other groups, even if Zakuro is the main heroine.
I liked when the guy started singing when they encountered the boss fight.
Old 2010-10-19, 01:09   Link #127
PreSage
Strangely dependable...

I'm totally enjoying this series, surprising enough. Agemaki seems to be progressing more and more, and he's not as much of a coward as he was in the first episode - he shows some unexpected courage that hints maybe he'll be great in later episodes?

That Hanadate guy...to perfect to be true. Feels like he has some hidden motive, especially when he made all that decision himself - I agree with others and feel he's very suspicious.

Kushimatsu (can't remember exact spelling), the fox spirit, looks like a seal (the animal) every time I see her. But her full fox form is magnificent!

I find this series balances humour and seriousness quite well - the characters (especially Zakuro and Agemaki) truly bring this series alive. Really am enjoying this.

[/TH][/TR][/table]
PreSage is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-10-19, 02:28   Link #128
Ansalem
Speaker

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shiroth View Post
Spoiler for Episode 03:
Spoiler for Episode 3:
Old 2010-10-19, 07:01   Link #129
FlareKnight
User of the "Fast Draw"

Send a message via AIM to FlareKnight Send a message via MSN to FlareKnight
Spoiler for Ep3:
Old 2010-10-19, 10:39   Link #130
Mairsile
Athletic girls are sugoi!

After episode 3, this series has been added to my favorites of the season list. Its all too common in series that features strong female leads to have a male supporting character be a useless weakling. Fortunately, Agemaki continues to mature with each episode while living among the spirits and learning more about Zakuro. Likewise, Zakura has progressed from being a cold, tsundere to becoming more receptive to Agemaki's presence and role as her partner . Thus far, I really like how the show advances the story as well as character development.
Old 2010-10-19, 10:43   Link #131
Kanon
Kana Hanazawa ♥

This anime is the hidden gem of the season for me.

An overarching plot is already appearing and it seems like it's linked to Zakuro's past. Very good. The half-spirits' backstory was a bit heavier than I expected, it's not all bad however, as the fox (forgot her name) was there to take care of them. She cares for them as much as any real mother would.

So, it seems like Zakuro doesn't need the other girls to sing to use her powers, which leads me to think the other girls are probably able to do the same (especially since they were send on missions alone). I laughed so hard when Agemaki started singing
Old 2010-10-19, 18:28   Link #132
Vexx
Obey the Darkly Cute ...
*Author

The seinen classification gives me some hope I won't be blindsided but when I was looking it up, I thought it might be shoujo or josei (some of the art and story elements imply it but as we all know - the classifications don't really mean much).

Rapidly becoming my pick of the season (just no "out of the blue" blindsides, eh? - a nice double romance would be fine ) They're dealing with some serious issues but those seem to be "work-a-day job tickets" and not the main focus ... we do get some bigger picture clues in ep 3 (possibly a faction of spirits really not interested in "working with humans"????). Given the crappy behavior of the city people - its a bit hard to think badly of them.

After 3 eps I am finding I wish each episode was a hour (got a bit spoiled by Katanagatari that way).

Last edited by Vexx; 2010-10-20 at 00:01.
Vexx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-10-19, 19:05   Link #133
pagan poor
Swayin' to the beat

I've already liked Zakuro since the first ep. Right now my favorite character of the season due to her extreme reactions to things. Good show too balancing out the comedy and drama.
pagan poor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-10-20, 00:56   Link #134
mangatron
worshipping the pantyhose

phone post

Like many others I'm enjoying the relationship between Zakuro and Amegaki. I knew nothing of this series before watching this, and it's one of those unexplainable things where I find this on my "must absolutely watch" list ahead of stuff like PantyStockingW/UFCBelt. Episode 03 was great, Amegaki charging forward even though it's known the saber does jack to the spirit , something male leads rarely do. Zakuro is a rare kind of Twintail, too....hmm...

But, my main question, was that Tomatsu Haruka voicing one of the cloaked girls? Even more reason for me to watch this series, looking forward to more Teruya Eiko voice
mangatron is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-10-20, 03:47   Link #135
Shiroth
Beautiful fighter.

Quote:
Originally Posted by mangatron View Post
But, my main question, was that Tomatsu Haruka voicing one of the cloaked girls?
Yeah, Haruka Tomatsu and Minako Kotobuki.
Old 2010-10-20, 04:00   Link #136
mangatron
worshipping the pantyhose

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shiroth View Post
Yeah, Haruka Tomatsu and Minako Kotobuki.
There's no way I can forget that voice. Though, again it seems that I've fallen for the bad girl

Nice avatar btw. Big or small, Klan Klan is a fun girl
mangatron is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-10-20, 10:52   Link #137
Vexx
Obey the Darkly Cute ...
*Author

Quote:
Like many others I'm enjoying the relationship between Zakuro and Amegaki. I knew nothing of this series before watching this, and it's one of those unexplainable things where I find this on my "must absolutely watch" list ahead of stuff like PantyStockingW/UFCBelt. Episode 03 was great, Amegaki charging forward even though it's known the saber does jack to the spirit , something male leads rarely do. Zakuro is a rare kind of Twintail, too....hmm...
No question that the Zakuro/Amegaki is front and center but I'm also quite attached to the secondary relationship with "Big, scary" and "Tiny Ms. Bashful" (argh, haven't memorized the names yet). That "am I still scary?" sequence was priceless. Wish there was more air time for them, so it goes.
Old 2010-10-20, 11:36   Link #138
Saturn Beaver
Home of Silent Prayer

Send a message via MSN to Saturn Beaver
Quote:
Episode 03 was great, Amegaki charging forward even though it's known the saber does jack to the spirit , something male leads rarely do. Zakuro is a rare kind of Twintail, too....hmm...
I know of your twintail obsession, but personally I prefer Zakuro with her hair down. Not that she normally looks bad, but for instance, the part where she's in bed, there she looks even better than usual.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vexx View Post
No question that the Zakuro/Amegaki is front and center but I'm also quite attached to the secondary relationship with "Big, scary" and "Tiny Ms. Bashful" (argh, haven't memorized the names yet). That "am I still scary?" sequence was priceless. Wish there was more air time for them, so it goes.
Susukihotaru is the girl and Riken is the guy. Strangely, despite her having one of the longest first name I've recently see in anime, it's Riken's name that I have to look up...maybe it's because her name is mentioned in the episode. Yeah, as a main couple Agemaki and Zakuro is great, but I actually like all three of the relationships, they fit well with each others partners. I'm looking forward to Riken/Susukihotaru (seriously, girl needs a nickname) developments as well, thankfully it seems from the preview that we'll get our wish next episode.
Old 2010-10-20, 11:37   Link #139
Seihai
スマイリウム

Spoiler for full OP:
Old 2010-10-20, 11:52   Link #140
Kanon
Kana Hanazawa ♥

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vanish View Post
Spoiler for full OP:
Far from it. They did Hatsukoi Limited (debut), Ichiban Ushiro Dai Maou and Asobi ni iku yo's openings as well, and maybe more I'm not aware of.

Thanks for the link!

Tags
fantasy, seinen