AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Movies, OVAs/OADs, and Specials

Notices

Old 2012-03-04, 11:22   Link #21
Smithsky

What a beautiful short movie, totally loved the story, scenery and both characters, it's pretty much a given being huge fan of Natsume Yuujinchou.

Spoiler for ending spoiler:
Old 2012-03-05, 21:23   Link #22
Godspeed

Everything was just stunning. I can't even begin to describe how absolutely beautiful this movie was. I just found this randomly on the home page of animeseason and tried watching it as a form of procrastination, but soon I was falling in love. The style of animation, the music, and the story came together wonderfully.

The only problem I have with this, and I know someone mentioned this earlier, is that the final scene was just so...I dunno...rushed?

Spoiler for scene:
Godspeed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-03-11, 02:21   Link #23
Yuutsu

Quote:
Originally Posted by Godspeed View Post
Spoiler for scene:
I actually found that scene to be quite well done. As someone else has previously mentioned, it was initially surprising to see it end the way that it had - with no prelude, warning, or build-up (yes, I like to be redudant. : )).

Spoiler for Spoiler:

Hotarubi no Mori e was a short, but soothing film. It encompasses everything I love about Natsume Yuujinchou, and is a refreshing departure from the current glut of forgettable animation that plagues the Japanese market.

Last edited by Yuutsu; 2012-03-11 at 02:40.
Yuutsu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-03-11, 05:06   Link #24
mpt37

Started watching this not knowing it was same staff as Natsume since I just read the plot summary. But the second I saw the character designs and heard the music I quickly realized it and was overjoyed. This movie definitely didn't disappoint.

I really love these slower paced peaceful animes. There's hardly any surprise with the story and not overly dramatic but they always feel so powerful after I finish watching them.

Hopefully we keep getting animes like this, Natsume and Aria.
Old 2012-03-11, 14:09   Link #25
broken270
Defying gravity

I read the manga and cried. I watched this movie and cried even more. I am not disappointed with how this was animated and was not surprised that the movie was short, for the manga was not all that many pages either (I think it was just a chapter in the collection of short stories?). Like someone said previously, there was no prologue or epilogue in the manga, not that i remember/know of. The way they animated the ending was really beautiful. Definitely will not forget about this.
broken270 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-03-11, 16:31   Link #26
Forsaken_Infinity

Really lovely little movie. All there is to say. I am not fond of someone falling in love with a kid they saw grow up but this movie made me stomach even that.
Old 2012-03-11, 19:52   Link #27
Dop
Mmmm....

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yuutsu View Post
Spoiler for Spoiler:
Spoiler for spoilers:

Damn. Just remembering the show while writing this comment brought tears to my eyes again.
Dop is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-03-18, 17:50   Link #28
vansonbee
❤Ichigo 100%❤

Spoiler:
Old 2012-06-09, 11:30   Link #29
Kanon
Kana Hanazawa ♥

Forgive the bump, but I finally watched this.

I was really looking forward to it when it was initially announced, yet I somehow completed missed its release... Better late than never, I suppose. I would have hated to miss this wonderful movie.

Spoiler for Just in case:
Old 2012-06-19, 07:28   Link #30
Tempester
Japanese Culture Fan

Oh man, this was fantastic. It wasn't too short, but it fortunately wasn't dragged out to meet a standard movie length. I'd easily recommend this to anyone.
Tempester is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015-05-01, 07:34   Link #31
AnimeFangirl

Finally got round to watching this. My reaction was this:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Haak View Post
It was really good but I was hoping there would be more to it than that. It had the potential to be so much more.
Plus this:
Quote:
Originally Posted by hoshino_crimsonwings View Post
It was very emotional, I failed to cry because it was pretty obvious, the whole foreshadowing about humans going into a crowded festival.
I was rooting for the romance all the way, but the signs were there from the start about how things would play out. I'm just glad
Spoiler:

All's well that ends well!

Last edited by AnimeFangirl; 2015-06-09 at 05:36.
AnimeFangirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015-05-31, 00:00   Link #32
BPD Renegade

Every time I see this thread bumped up a bit, I get this twinge of faint hope that it's been licensed, only to find that it's just someone new seeing it.

Realistically speaking, it's probably never going to be licensed, but still, I can imagine NIS America's beautiful premium edition for this...
BPD Renegade is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015-06-07, 23:59   Link #33
orion
Waiting for more taiyuki!

Quote:
Originally Posted by BPD Renegade View Post
Every time I see this thread bumped up a bit, I get this twinge of faint hope that it's been licensed, only to find that it's just someone new seeing it.

Realistically speaking, it's probably never going to be licensed, but still, I can imagine NIS America's beautiful premium edition for this...
I agree. It was a beautiful title. Unfortunately, the filmmaker chose to make a short film with a sad ending. That was 2 strikes against it imo.
Old 2015-06-09, 03:52   Link #34
DragoonKain3
Osana-Najimi Shipper

To be honest, I've read the manga like years before the movie, as IIRC it was the scans that made me watch Pushing Daisies (which had a similar premise). While by the time the movie was released I've long since stopped reading manga, the movie still is a reminder why I force myself not to read source material or seek out spoilers... there's something magical seeing it first animated. Still I wonder if I would rate this as high as, say, 5cm/s if I didn't read the source as I remember I got absolutely REKT upon finishing the one-shot.

On the bright side, it was fun seeing the characters move and in colour. Seeing the climax in motion and hearing the MC after the hug is still HHNNNGGG inducing even now on my second viewing of the movie years later, though maybe my disposition towards childhood friends might be a huge contributing factor to that.

Yes its YOU childhood friend - source of BERZERKER RAGE since forever
Childhood Friend couple STATISTICS(spoilers abound though)
DragoonKain3 is offline   Reply With Quote