AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series

Notices

Old 2009-01-07, 21:02   Link #181
ZODDGUTS

What annoyed me about Aya's voice here is because she has that Konata (Lucky Star) sounding voice sounds too much like her, well at least it was nowhere near as bad as she sounded in Akane-Iro which it was EXACTLY like Konata's voice at least for the first 4 or 5 episodes which just didn't fit well with the character she was voicing for, thanfully she changed it a bit. Hopefully she ends up changing the voice a bit here as well because in my opinion it doesn't fit with the character.
ZODDGUTS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-01-07, 22:11   Link #182
Peanutbutter

Aya in here sounds like Konata?

Unless my ears really went down the drain, I haven't really heard her reusing her Konata voice fully in other series, except bits and parts in Zettai Karen Children. I don't quite know how to describe it but the Konata voice seems to grunt at intervals and not smooth-sailing delivery.

If I were to compare her voice here with her other characters she had voiced in the past, it's Misa. And that can get pretty screechy.

IMO, the voice she's using here suits well at the moment, as it is suitable as one to convey her idolistic dreams and focus on it, while neglecting the boyfriend which I suspect will be a factor here.

You know, I haven't really heard her using her "natural voice" which is rather deep and pretty normal. (Refer to her DVDs) Though I guess there isn't any demand for that cause it's too normal.
Peanutbutter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-01-07, 22:50   Link #183
ZODDGUTS

She does sound a bit like Konata not fully but I can hear that somewhat similiar voice to konata's.

Quote:
Unless my ears really went down the drain, I haven't really heard her reusing her Konata voice fully in other series
Then your ears must be really bad because her character in Akane-Iro for the first 4 or 5 episodes she sounded just like Konata thanfully she changed it a bit mid through series.
ZODDGUTS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-01-07, 23:06   Link #184
Sterling01
霊夢→デレ

I'm probably only going to watch this to see how much of a wuss they make Touya. As from what I've played in the game he's pretty bad
Old 2009-01-07, 23:22   Link #185
Peanutbutter

Quote:
Originally Posted by ZODDGUTS View Post
Then your ears must be really bad because her character in Akane-Iro for the first 4 or 5 episodes she sounded just like Konata thanfully she changed it a bit mid through series.
Looks like I need to get my ears checked.
Peanutbutter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-01-07, 23:59   Link #186
Ice Block
less qq; more pewpew

Watched Ep 01. It was a nice episode, which pretty much introduces the basic premise of the series. And, as others have already pointed out, this is very reminiscent of True Tears -- with the melancholic mood and slightly heavy atmosphere. I am also intrigued on how Touya came to be known as Itou Makoto BETA version.

Also, I'm amazed at how natural the show's characters act -- from Touya's complaints at the cameraman for his poor choice of angles and shots, to Yuki suddenly hanging up and her subsequent gestures when Rina walked in on her phonecall with her bf.

A pretty good start IMO. Definitely gonna be following this, and hoping the studio somehow saves Touya from the fate of being Spineless Male Lead no. 2148660.
Old 2009-01-08, 00:20   Link #187
pagan poor
Swayin' to the beat

I liked what I've seen so far in Ep. 1. With a lot of exposition, I expected it not to have too much on the fireworks side, and that it did. There is a somberness that is similar to "true tears", so like "true tears" I'll keep watching. As far as the male lead is concerned, pretty much everyone who watched "true tears" last winter, had the "Shinichiro is a wimp" thing going until the end. I somewhat expect the same sort of roller coaster ride for Touya this time around for White Album. I would think a lot of strong forces pulling in different directions will make whatever decisions he has to make regarding Yuki account for tensions in the series.
pagan poor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-01-08, 04:10   Link #188
SuperKnuckles
Anime Hobbyist

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kaoru Chujo View Post
That last statement was fairly offensive. And the rest I just personally disagree with. true tears was a very good, if not excellent show, with real characters and a story that did, in fact, make sense, especially emotionally.
It had emotions, sure, but almost none of its developments made much logical sense. Many of the story developments went with pure emotion, hence any semblance of what many people would consider as logical isn't at play. To me, True Tears had WAY too many convenient plot devices and strange twists near the end for me to take it too seriously. I'm sure many people did, but not me. It made sense in that old soap-opera-ish sense. I mean, the main love interests were LIVING UNDER THE SAME ROOF. Talk about tropes. I do think it was a very well made show. But it had the typical TV tropes associated with romantic drama.

Quote:
It bothers me to see people classifying what I regard as true emotion as "angst." It just seems like a way of dismissing feelings that deserve to be taken seriously. I think of these things as emotional depth.
You're putting words in my mouth dude. lol. For me, angst is not a negative. I was just making light of it. That said, White Album took itself pretty damn seriously and I can't help but look at it from a distance a bit. Considering it IS a romantic drama.

As for Aya Hirano, I think she does the innocent girl thing really nicely. It's just that she is more popular with her more frantic and wild roles like Kaoru in Zettai Karen Children.

Quote:
Originally Posted by holyman282 View Post
I'm a bit offended as well, True Tears did have logic and a real ending. It's one thing to express one's opinions, but to call other people who likes to watch things to the end like housewives is not only insensitive but tinged with misogyny.

LOL, don't take everything I say so seriously, because one of my favorite genres nowadays is the good old anime soap. I just have to laugh when people take shows like ef, Toradora, True Tears and other romantic comedy/drama too seriously. To me, it's more like watching a human version of a catfight. That's basically the draw of these shows. If everything went right in their lives, it would lose all meaning for the entertainment value. That's the mark of a good soap.
SuperKnuckles is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-01-08, 05:27   Link #189
rose-wisteria
~Cuteness is NOT a Crime~

Send a message via AIM to rose-wisteria Send a message via MSN to rose-wisteria Send a message via Yahoo to rose-wisteria
Quote:
Originally Posted by SuperKnuckles View Post
LOL, don't take everything I say so seriously, because one of my favorite genres nowadays is the good old anime soap. I just have to laugh when people take shows like ef, Toradora, True Tears and other romantic comedy/drama too seriously. To me, it's more like watching a human version of a catfight. That's basically the draw of these shows. If everything went right in their lives, it would lose all meaning for the entertainment value. That's the mark of a good soap.
You don't take ef seriously?!

Anyways, I rather like the first episode of White Album. I also find Aya's voice unnatural. I just want more of Nana's voice because I adore hers so far. I just haven't heard it enough this episode. I'm all for Rina getting more spotlight later on. ^__^

If Touya is as bad as a lot of people say he is, I don't think I can keep up with this show...

Minnie's Blog- My thoughts, my stories.
Hey, Say, Anime!- My anime blog with a group of writers.
rose-wisteria is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-01-08, 05:44   Link #190
SaintessHeart
NYAAAAHAAANNNNN~

I just got Eclipse's, the story seems like a watered-down version of Macross Frontier.

But the ED and OP definitely rocks. Does anyone know when a music CD of that will be coming?
SaintessHeart is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-01-08, 06:57   Link #191
Pellissier
♪~ Daydreaming ~♪
*Graphic Designer
*Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by SaintessHeart View Post
But the ED and OP definitely rocks. Does anyone know when a music CD of that will be coming?
OP Single "Shinai" by Mizuki Nana: January 21

ED Single "Maiochiru Yuki no You ni" by Suara: January 28

Official Site
Old 2009-01-08, 07:44   Link #192
Sinestra
ショ ン (^^)
*IT Support

Send a message via AIM to Sinestra Send a message via MSN to Sinestra Send a message via Yahoo to Sinestra
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pellissier View Post
OP Single "Shinai" by Mizuki Nana: January 21

ED Single "Maiochiru Yuki no You ni" by Suara: January 28

Official Site
ah thanks Pelli thats whats i was just looking right before i saw your post. Gotta love Mizuki Nana and sometimes i like Suara but Nana is must have for me.
Old 2009-01-08, 07:56   Link #193
Skyfall
Lost in my dreams...

Quote:
Originally Posted by pagan poor View Post
I liked what I've seen so far in Ep. 1. With a lot of exposition, I expected it not to have too much on the fireworks side, and that it did. There is a somberness that is similar to "true tears", so like "true tears" I'll keep watching. As far as the male lead is concerned, pretty much everyone who watched "true tears" last winter, had the "Shinichiro is a wimp" thing going until the end. I somewhat expect the same sort of roller coaster ride for Touya this time around for White Album. I would think a lot of strong forces pulling in different directions will make whatever decisions he has to make regarding Yuki account for tensions in the series.
I wouldn't be too quick assigning any fault to the male lead as of yet though. As things start now, it is Yuki's side largely to blame for the fraction in their relationship, not his. The way i see it Yuki is too caught up chasing stardom to notice what she is neglecting along the way ... and we can be fairly certain that at one point that realization will catch up to her and hit her like a wall of bricks. No doubt that by that point the relationship will have degenerated close to beyond repair. Will see how things go from there, but as of now it is far too early to accuse the male of anything.
Old 2009-01-08, 08:03   Link #194
Deathkillz
~ You're dead ^__^* ~
*Graphic Designer

Send a message via MSN to Deathkillz
Long distance relationship hardly ever work out, why? Because either one or the other will become too roonery to keep up with playing lovey dovey over the phone
In this case it is true that Touya is being held back by Yuki even though there are evidence of other girls falling over him. This will be a test of how faithful he remains to the temptations but that isn't any guarantee that Yuki would do the same (In comes the drama truck ).

Siggy: hohohohoho~ | AnimeHistory welcome to our blog ~ | Summer2009 early review
Under the radar series Summer2009: Kanamemo, GA Geijutsuka Art, NEEDLESS
Deathkillz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-01-08, 09:34   Link #195
Sorrow-K
Somehow I found out

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kaoru Chujo View Post
It bothers me to see people classifying what I regard as true emotion as "angst." It just seems like a way of dismissing feelings that deserve to be taken seriously. I think of these things as emotional depth.
Well, admittedly there is a pretty fine line between emotional depth and angst. Like most things, the difference between emotional and angsty is pretty much extent, and angst is usually used to label something when the use of emotions becomes excessive. I also think characters play a very important role in stories like this. If a story is largely driven by emotions but the characters aren't sympathetic, than what connection does the audience have to what's happening on screen? In that case, it's no surprise when they don't find it a particularly compelling experience or that they even find it annoying. Characters are everything in a story like this. It's what allows something like Marimite to be in the very centre of angst city but still be a thoroughly absorbing experience, but the exact same reason why I ended up finding True Tears to be so disappointing, especially considering how promising it was to begin with.
Sorrow-K is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-01-10, 14:49   Link #196
sirn
田舎者言うな

Watched ep 2, I enjoyed it much better than the first. The animation looks smooth and cleaner than it was, all the actions looks great, especially Haruka and Touya's scene at the beginning. I hope they can keep this up for the whole series. (But after all, this is Seven Arcs...)

Spoiler:

But seriously. Haruka scene at the beginning is really good. I think I'm in love with her (and her voice).

Edit: Just checked, apparently this episode was done by Production I.G. No wonder why it looks so good.

Last edited by sirn; 2009-01-10 at 15:07.
sirn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-01-10, 15:05   Link #197
serenade_beta
そのおっぱいで13才

Spoiler for ep2:

-Blog --> http://tdnshumi.blogspot.com/ (Mainly about video games)
-R.I.P. Hiroshi Yamauchi, Gaming wouldn't have been the same without you (9/19/13)
serenade_beta is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-01-11, 01:50   Link #198
KoroshiyaX
X

Quote:
Originally Posted by serenade_beta View Post
Spoiler for ep2:
Spoiler:
KoroshiyaX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-01-11, 02:40   Link #199
dahl_moon
Apathy moe~
*Scanlator

Hm... Just watched the first episode, and I think I'll stick with this one. Highly enjoyed the fact that the series has an interesting setting; 1986, college-age, idol business. We definitely could use more of this age group.

I've read some about this series, and the protagonist is not what I expected (I expected him to be more brush-off of Yuki), but I'll stop the argument here.

Also loved the pay-phones. Yay for pay-phones!
Old 2009-01-11, 14:25   Link #200
MercFH
I can't win this one
*Fansubber

Send a message via AIM to MercFH
So can anyone kinda give me a summary of what exactly this show is about?
i looked around but couldn't find anything really detailed?

and is it good so far? i've read mixed blogs about it
MercFH is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
drama, eroge, romance, seinen