AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Retired > Retired A-L > Infinite Stratos

Notices

View Poll Results: Infinite Stratos - Episode 12 [END] Rating
Perfect 10 32 22.22%
9 out of 10 : Excellent 15 10.42%
8 out of 10 : Very Good 22 15.28%
7 out of 10 : Good 28 19.44%
6 out of 10 : Average 15 10.42%
5 out of 10 : Below Average 9 6.25%
4 out of 10 : Poor 8 5.56%
3 out of 10 : Bad 2 1.39%
2 out of 10 : Very Bad 1 0.69%
1 out of 10 : Painful 12 8.33%
Voters: 144. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread

Old 2011-04-01, 13:32   Link #81
eiyuu99

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vanish View Post
I don't understand the wife comment in the very end. Ichika as wife? And was that Laura or Houki saying it?
edit: Something like "You're not treating me properly with my being your wife!" by Laura, maybe?
In Ep 8, Laura (thanks to her lack of understanding) declared Ichika is her bride.
Old 2011-04-01, 13:38   Link #82
FlareKnight
User of the "Fast Draw"

Send a message via AIM to FlareKnight Send a message via MSN to FlareKnight
Well I guess this proves that the only difference between a respected genius or international criminal is how the world looks at it. The first incident that Tabane likely started could have cost a lot of lives and thankfully didn't. Then here she ruins other countries property and nearly gets people killed again so her sister can have a fancy debut. The world better step up before another one of her stunts really causes a disaster.

Well a normal harem end. The first girl on the scene gets a special moment, the rest of the girls hover in rage, and the series ends with Ichika likely not having a clue what is going on.
Old 2011-04-01, 15:28   Link #83
frodonk
Master of Killing Time

hmm

how should I say this, typical harem fare, comparable to the empty calories you get from drinking soda or eating junk food: while it is enjoyable, still it does nothing good for you.

in the end, I don't know why i watched the whole series, maybe its the animation, or the promise of an epic fight(s) in the first episode, still, i didn't regret it.
Old 2011-04-01, 16:49   Link #84
Divini
Senpai!

Oh dear, I think Cecilia finally snapped.

1. Point-blank laser blast! Aiming for a headshot too.
2. THAT EVIL LAUGH

Can't say he doesn't deserve it though.
Old 2011-04-01, 17:00   Link #85
Anh_Minh
I disagree with you all.

Kinda surprised about two things:
- the name change. Where did that come from?
- I thought Ichika's IS' powerup would make it more of what it was. Faster, stronger. Instead, it added a shield. I guess it resigned itself to Ichika not being much good with an all-offensive suit.
Old 2011-04-01, 17:14   Link #86
bombyethan1000

Well that was disappointing, they wrapped up things faster in the anime than in the LN with Houki end, the mecha animation was good but the plot and mecha musume idea are all out of place...still the character designs are great in this series

Last edited by bombyethan1000; 2011-04-02 at 06:12.
Old 2011-04-01, 17:25   Link #87
SoldierOfDarkness
The Dark Knight

Location: From the deepest abyss in the world, where you think?
Quote:
Originally Posted by Anh_Minh View Post
Kinda surprised about two things:
- the name change. Where did that come from?
- I thought Ichika's IS' powerup would make it more of what it was. Faster, stronger. Instead, it added a shield. I guess it resigned itself to Ichika not being much good with an all-offensive suit.
The machine probably realized that even if it made Ichika faster and stronger his opponents would still be able to hit him since he doesn't seem to know how to dodge.

Even with the shield he still was running low on power and getting hit.
Old 2011-04-01, 17:50   Link #88
Xacual

Quote:
Originally Posted by SoldierOfDarkness View Post
The machine probably realized that even if it made Ichika faster and stronger his opponents would still be able to hit him since he doesn't seem to know how to dodge.

Even with the shield he still was running low on power and getting hit.
Actually if you noticed it also added a ranged attack, he was shooting a beam from the hand before he activated the shield.

I was influenced by a certain group overflowing with madness and started trying to write a story. Please give it a try. Crashed into Fantasy
Old 2011-04-01, 18:26   Link #89
Archmagination2002

About what I expected.. this series should have properly been 24 episodes and going to 12 really cut out a lot of character development. Of course the LN themselves are not bastions of originally, but its still pulled off a lot better than the anime.

BTW Ichika is not even close to the worst male harem lead. 9/10 harem leads are single celled organisms with not a redeeming feature among them.

I would say Ichika is the most frustrating male lead in awhile because his character has so much potential to be great, but in the anime they emasculate him to such a degree that its makes you want to screem.
Old 2011-04-01, 18:44   Link #90
DragoZERO
Spoilaphobic

Ichika isn't the worst because it was made into jokes so you can laugh at. At least, I don't think you were meant to take him seriously. Sure there were times where it was more frustrating than funny, but no where near as frustrating as Natsuru.
Old 2011-04-01, 20:05   Link #91
Dralha

Damn that was some intense mecha action. Gorgeous backdrops, too.

Pretty standard harem ending (not complaining). Nice bit o' fanservice there too...
Old 2011-04-01, 22:50   Link #92
Azuma Denton
~AD~

Dissapointing on last episode...
So much for the latest generation IS that being created and tuned by the IS Creator herself...
Can't even handle the 3rd generation prototype IS...

And the ending is quite bland...
Not feeling any spesial feel, except that Houki is more getting honest with herself...
Old 2011-04-01, 23:41   Link #93
Xacual

Quote:
Originally Posted by Azuma Denton View Post
So much for the latest generation IS that being created and tuned by the IS Creator herself...
That's more because of Houki being a bad pilot than anything else. She barely had the aptitude to enroll in the school, likely only got in because Tabane is her sister.

I was influenced by a certain group overflowing with madness and started trying to write a story. Please give it a try. Crashed into Fantasy
Old 2011-04-01, 23:48   Link #94
Joe88

Quote:
Originally Posted by Azuma Denton View Post

And the ending is quite bland...
Not feeling any spesial feel, except that Houki is more getting honest with herself...
well houki did pretty decent until gospel went through 2nd shift...
Old 2011-04-02, 01:17   Link #95
Patriot's Blade
its Ghost Madoka time!!!

Send a message via Yahoo to Patriot's Blade
"son of a bitch"? how did Houki know that the unmanned IS Gospel's gender is male?
"legends said that Alto Saotome made a correct decision, he left both Ranka Lee & Sheryl Nome to marry the skies & proceed to make love with her, it was a long sight to behold according to the witnesses, the sky is now pregnant"
Old 2011-04-02, 01:22   Link #96
Haak
Me, An Intellectual

That's probably just the fansubbers showing a bit of liberty in their translation...
Old 2011-04-02, 01:52   Link #97
mysterious

So is there anything worthwhile with Char in this episode? if so, I might just watched it. Looking through the comments, I just glad that at least Char doesnt end up with that idiot for her sake, even if I am a Char's supporter.
Old 2011-04-02, 03:11   Link #98
HayashiTakara
Chicken or Beef?

Quote:
Originally Posted by mysterious View Post
So is there anything worthwhile with Char in this episode? if so, I might just watched it. Looking through the comments, I just glad that at least Char doesnt end up with that idiot for her sake, even if I am a Char's supporter.
Nope, none at all.
Old 2011-04-02, 03:30   Link #99
mysterious

Quote:
Originally Posted by HayashiTakara View Post
Nope, none at all.
Oh, thanks.
Old 2011-04-02, 03:34   Link #100
hai_san

Well this ep was ok.
Closed Thread

Tags