AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Retired > Retired A-L > Haruhi Suzumiya

Notices

Closed Thread

Old 2011-06-18, 14:42   Link #1881
Joe4evr
(Ex-)Seitenkan VN coder

Location: Slightly south-west of the exact center of this country's X and Y axes.
Quote:
Originally Posted by AbZeroNow View Post
http://www.animenewsnetwork.com/pres...-expo-schedule

Lucky LA people. I wonder if anybody here is going to go to Bandai's panel on July 2nd and ask when they actually are going to release Disappearance in North America.

I envy those Californians who will get the opportunity to see the premiere of the English dub on July 1st. I like on the other side of the country so yeah...
Oh wow, I hope someone brings cameras and records Cristina Vee's performance there. I would LOVE to hear that.

And Disappearance's blooper reel, Bandai better show that as well.
Old 2011-07-01, 16:58   Link #1882
AbZeroNow
North American Haruhiist

http://twitter.com/#!/ultimatemegax/...02804861558784

Was reading Megax's twitter feed and saw that he posted that there is a rumor that Disappearance's BD/DVD combo is coming out in September.

I am hoping that Bandai officially announces the release date sometime this weekend.
Old 2011-07-01, 21:24   Link #1883
TheHaruhiIncarnate
Goddess

That cant be right. How is the UK going to have it before us(America)?

F**k Moe
Embrace Tsundere
Old 2011-07-01, 22:48   Link #1884
Heminga13
Wannabe Sleuth

Well, Europe has been on a roll lately *coughXenobladecough*

Heminga13: Speculating and anticipating 'The Disappearance of Haruhi Suzumiya' movie since August 3, 2009.
Old 2011-07-02, 01:03   Link #1885
AbZeroNow
North American Haruhiist

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheHaruhiIncarnate View Post
That cant be right. How is the UK going to have it before us(America)?
Actually, Manga UK's release has been delayed until November so no, they won't likely have it first.

http://www.animenewsnetwork.com/news...ed-to-november
Old 2011-07-02, 07:03   Link #1886
ultimatemegax
Nyahahahaha♥

Send a message via MSN to ultimatemegax Send a message via Yahoo to ultimatemegax
When I went to purchase something at the Bandai booth, the gentleman manning the register mentioned that they were going to release the NA version in September. That's not valid enough for me to officially announce it, but it's enough to state their intentions.

The dub was fantastic. We watched what was likely a work-in-progress BD version of the film. Unfortantely, Bandai tested part of the movie with the beginning of Kyon's monologue, so they accidentally spoiled the big twist. It was one of the best dubbing performances I have seen. Crispen mentioned before that he spent 43 hours recording dialogue for this movie. That's usually what he spends on a full TV series. It was worth it. All of the English cast were great.

“Nyahaha! Then we move to round two, Hero! ★”
Chuunibyou translation: 1st novel - OUT/ 2nd novel - OUT
Old 2011-07-02, 13:03   Link #1887
Joe4evr
(Ex-)Seitenkan VN coder

Location: Slightly south-west of the exact center of this country's X and Y axes.
Quote:
Originally Posted by ultimatemegax View Post
The dub was fantastic. We watched what was likely a work-in-progress BD version of the film. Unfortantely, Bandai tested part of the movie with the beginning of Kyon's monologue, so they accidentally spoiled the big twist. It was one of the best dubbing performances I have seen. Crispen mentioned before that he spent 43 hours recording dialogue for this movie. That's usually what he spends on a full TV series. It was worth it. All of the English cast were great.
Glad to hear this, I so wish I could've been there as well, but I hope I can purchase it (EU/UK version) soon enough. If it does appear in November, it could even work as a(n early) birthday present for myself.
Old 2011-07-02, 19:43   Link #1888
TheHaruhiIncarnate
Goddess

Aw fuck. I just saw in Ultamatemegax's twitter feed that the Disappearance dub comes out 9/20. Which is all fine and dandy, but I start school and I don't want to prioritize if i'm buying a textbook for class or the Haruhi DVD. (Frikin college)

*sigh* Guess i'll have to deal with it.

F**k Moe
Embrace Tsundere
Old 2011-07-03, 01:44   Link #1889
AbZeroNow
North American Haruhiist

I am glad that we finally know the release date.

ANN link for the Bandai panel is here: http://www.animenewsnetwork.com/conv.../anime-expo/14

Kudos to ultimatemegax for tweeting out the news as well. Hopefully, there'll be a pre-order link out soon.
Old 2011-07-16, 19:17   Link #1890
cbfox99
Scrumy!

It looks like Otakon is showing the movie as well. I'm assuming its the dubbed version since it says BANG ZOOM ENTERTAINMENT on the poster.
http://www.otakon.com/events_premieres.asp

Yep, I'm so there!
Old 2011-07-25, 14:15   Link #1891
sennbonzakura

when will it be dubbed in english!!!?????????????????? i've watched it with subs, and its brilliant, but i want the dub now!
Old 2011-07-25, 14:18   Link #1892
Ithekro
Gamilas Falls

I believe it was suppose to be September, but it might be October...but definately before the end of the year.
Old 2011-07-25, 16:19   Link #1893
ultimatemegax
Nyahahahaha♥

Send a message via MSN to ultimatemegax Send a message via Yahoo to ultimatemegax
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ithekro View Post
I believe it was suppose to be September, but it might be October...but definately before the end of the year.
It's still targeted for September. Bandai has not released their solicitations for the month so there still exists the possibility of a delay.

Old 2011-07-25, 19:18   Link #1894
D-Gold
Aurum

Quote:
Originally Posted by ultimatemegax View Post
It's still targeted for September. Bandai has not released their solicitations for the month so there still exists the possibility of a delay.
Well I am personally hoping for them to release it on
December 18th
Old 2011-07-26, 08:47   Link #1895
GMT
Orthodox Haruhiist

Quote:
Originally Posted by D-Gold View Post
Well I am personally hoping for them to release it on
December 18th
I, personally, am not. December 18 would be an absolutely terrible release date, because everything else will be on sale about that time. The latest Bandai could release the movie would be about October (this is taking into account Bandai's love of delays . . . an October release may well end up shipping in November, or even early December,) so it'd be out and available in-quantity when the holiday shopping season starts up
Old 2011-07-26, 18:56   Link #1896
speedyexpress48
Boo, you whore

Send a message via AIM to speedyexpress48 Send a message via MSN to speedyexpress48 Send a message via Yahoo to speedyexpress48
September would be a good release date, but knowing Bandai, it might as well be next year...oh well.

Hope it comes with both subbed and dubbed versions.
Old 2011-07-26, 20:57   Link #1897
Goggen

Quote:
Originally Posted by speedyexpress48 View Post
Why wouldn't it?
Old 2011-07-26, 21:30   Link #1898
GMT
Orthodox Haruhiist

Quote:
Originally Posted by speedyexpress48 View Post
September would be a good release date, but knowing Bandai, it might as well be next year...oh well.

Eh? Crispin Freeman tweeted and talked about all the time he's spent dubbing Kyon's lines for the movie. They spent as much time working on the dub for this one film as is spent dubbing entire seasons of anime (mind you, the film lasts for about as long as the presidency of FDR, so YMMV.)

It will definitely have a dub release.
Old 2011-07-26, 21:31   Link #1899
speedyexpress48
Boo, you whore

Send a message via AIM to speedyexpress48 Send a message via MSN to speedyexpress48 Send a message via Yahoo to speedyexpress48
Quote:
Originally Posted by Goggen View Post
Why wouldn't it?
They could sell a dubbed version and a subbed version for more profit

Of course, that only has a 0.01% chance of happening...meh, I was overthinking this. Sorry.
Old 2011-07-28, 17:41   Link #1900
ultimatemegax
Nyahahahaha♥

Full solicitation from Bandai:
Quote:
The Disappearance of Haruhi Suzumiya

Ten days before Christmas, it seemed like another ordinary day for the SOS Brigade; Haruhi came up with another one of her crazy ideas to hold a Christmas party in the club room. But then things got weirder from there… The next day Kyon woke up to a world in which Haruhi didn’t exist and no one besides him had any memory of her. How can someone like Haruhi Suzumiya, who’s supposed to be center of the universe, just vanish?

DVD Features:
Interactive Menus / Japanese 5.1 Audio / English 5.1 Audio / Optional English Subtitles
DVD Extras Disc:
Location Hunting / BGM Recording / Special Screening in Tokyo / Special Screening in Kyoto / Cutting, Dubbing, Editing / PV Making / Teasers / Trailers / Commercials / ASOS Brigade Episode

SRP: $29.98
Street Date: 09/20/2011
SKU: 20857
TRT: 164 minutes

BD Features:
Interactive Menus / 1080p HD Video / Japanese Dolby TrueHD 5.1 Audio / English Dolby TrueHD 5.1 Audio / Optional English Subtitles
DVD Features:
Interactive Menus / Japanese 5.1 Audio / English 5.1 Audio / Optional English Subtitles
DVD Extras Disc:
Location Hunting / BGM Recording / Special Screening in Tokyo / Special Screening in Kyoto / Cutting, Dubbing, Editing / PV Making / Teasers / Trailers / Commercials / ASOS Brigade Episode

[Blu-ray & DVD Combo Pack]
SRP: $39.98
Street Date: 09/20/2011
TRT: 164 minutes
Not only is that lossless audio for the BD, that is all of the extras that were included on the JP release LE disc! Likely the extras in BD format were an additional cost, so that's the reason for the DVD extras disc.

Closed Thread

Tags
science fiction, shounen