Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Related Topics > Reviews & Recommendations

Notices

Closed Thread

Old 2011-08-15, 11:49   Link #1
limao
DeAd

Recommend me Anime

I can be very picky when it comes to an anime title, even if some are similar it doesn't mean it will attract me.

I liked Action series like Claymore, Evangelion, Akira, Cowboy Bebop and Berserk.
I liked Fantasy series like Spirited Away, Porco Rosso, Nausicaa, Escaflowne and Princess Mononoke.
There were very few School-plot i liked, one of them were Mai-Hime, yet i totally hated Mai-Otome.
I like complex Mecha stuff, still i hate Gundam and Code Geass (Too shitty/blocky).

I think i like intelligent action series with a touch of medieval, pre/pos-apocalyptic, complex cyborgs, ancient advanced artifacts (probably alien).

If you know what I mean.

Do not suggest me:
Naruto, Bleach, Rahxephon, One Piece, Bored Haruhi, Sailormoon, Xam'd - Lost Memories, Clannad, Card Captor.

No vampires!! No pure breed School Plots!! No girl/boy romances!! No lesbos/gays!! No adaptations of real-people TV series
Old 2011-08-15, 11:55   Link #2
Theowne
耳をすませば

Perhaps you might like Planetes? A near-future sci-fi series that starts off very light (almost slice-of-life) but eventually reaches a very stirring climax with a gripping plot.

My Site - Reviews collection, Sheet music, and etc.
Anime reviews/blog, piano arrangements, Studio Ghibli..
Old 2011-08-15, 12:35   Link #3
Reikokuna

Easy doing.
Ever heard of Umineko no naku koro ni?

The plot is somewhat difficult to explain without getting spoiled.
It contains bloody scenes, a little bit romance and of course mystery + fantasy.

The first episodes might be sort of boring but don't mind that, it's worth one sight (: Afterwards it's getting better!
Old 2011-08-15, 12:43   Link #4
Obelisk ze Tormentor
Black Steel Knight

Quote:
Originally Posted by limao View Post
I think i like intelligent action series with a touch of medieval, pre/pos-apocalyptic, complex cyborgs, ancient advanced artifacts (probably alien).
This is quite common, but have you seen Scrapped Princess? It's about a girl who is prophecized to be the destroyer of the world. She only has her (step) elder brother and sister to protect her from the rest of the world. It's post-apocalyptic-medieval.

By the same category, there are also Utawarerumono and Last Exile.
Old 2011-08-15, 16:21   Link #5
Niji

Sounds you might like other Ghibli shows too: Howl's moving castle, Kiki's delivery service, and others.

Slow action but overall a superb show is Seirei no Moribito.
I dont know Mai-Hime, but Tenjou Tenge was a very interesting "school" watch. Some ecchi in case that is a hinderance.
Ever tried Wolf's Rain? I would not call it too action-y, but there is something to it, you might like.
When Utawarerumono is mentioned, Guin Saga is not far away. Both good shows.
Record of Lodoss Wars may work too. Classical fantasy.

As for intelligent, I would mention Noein, and Dennou Coil. If you dont mind philosophical background and generally a goth feeling, Ergo Proxy might work too.
Old 2011-08-15, 20:14   Link #6
SeijiSensei
AS Oji-kun

Kemono no Sou-ja Erin might match your interests. Just a hint, the fansubs are better translated than the Crunchyroll version. It's based on a light novel by the author of Moribito.

Two other shows I'll mention were both made by Shirow Masumune of Ghost in the Shell fame. One is Ghost Hound, a strange mix of science-fiction, mysticism, neuroscience, and psychiatry. The other is Real Drive that depicts cyberspace as akin to an ocean into which people "dive." Androids play important roles in this show, as they do in Time of Eve.

Seconds for Planetes, Scrapped Princess, Moribito, Noein, and Dennou Coil. These are all excellent choices.

If you've never seen Twelve Kingdoms, you should put that near the top of your list.
Old 2011-08-15, 20:55   Link #7
Sackett
Cross Game - I need more

Location: I've moved around the American West. I've lived in Oregon, Washington, Utah, and Oklahoma
Madoka Magica

Katanagatari

Cross Game - A Story of Love, Life, Death - and Baseball. What more could you want?
Old 2011-08-16, 14:18   Link #8
limao
DeAd

Thank you. I've already seen Scrapped Princess, El Hazard, All Ghibli's movies and Utawarerumono in the past.
For some reason Twelve Kingdoms didn't attract me, didn't see all of it.

I'm trying Planetes to see where it goes.
Closed Thread