AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > General > General Chat

Notices

Old 2011-03-28, 20:50   Link #221
Lost Cause

(Time to dust this one off and get it going again!)
I don't know if it was mentioned, but the Colt 1911 pistol is 100 years old this year! And still going strong!

Ride, Boldly Ride!
Lost Cause is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-03-28, 23:26   Link #222
Asuras
Dictadere~!

Yay! My favorite pistol!

*birthday whistle*

Did you know...
That Utah's official "state gun" is the Browning M1911?
Old 2011-03-29, 18:17   Link #223
Lost Cause

Quote:
Originally Posted by Asuras View Post
Yay! My favorite pistol!

*birthday whistle*

Did you know...
That Utah's official "state gun" is the Browning M1911?
I didn't know that! Nor did I know you liked the 1911 either!

Ride, Boldly Ride!
Old 2011-03-29, 23:07   Link #224
Dalek Sec

Send a message via AIM to Dalek Sec Send a message via MSN to Dalek Sec Send a message via Yahoo to Dalek Sec
possibly my favorite gun ever...and currently working on buying one

The M1 Garand

Been in the military for several years and there is a website that sells WWII M1's of various grades to military and police
Old 2011-03-30, 06:53   Link #225
Lost Cause

A nice rifle for sure Dalek Sec, I've seen them on the range when they have the WW2 rifle matches here on base. I have yet to shoot one though.

Ride, Boldly Ride!
Old 2011-04-01, 16:07   Link #226
Mithfalath
Elegiac Servant

Send a message via Yahoo to Mithfalath
M1 Garand. 'nuff said.
Old 2011-04-22, 23:09   Link #227
grylsyjaeger
Onani Master

Send a message via MSN to grylsyjaeger
Just had the A-Bolt out and picked off some critters eating the freshly sewn grass.

I shot four all up with six shots. Had to finish two off so it was 100% accuracy!

Hands are all jittery from the adrenaline, been a while since I've actually shot something besides a paper target.

"It doesn't mean much, we never had a chance."
grylsyjaeger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-04-22, 23:15   Link #228
JRendell
Manga Addict

I love the fact that you came straight here afterwards.

Duck tonight anyone?
JRendell is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-04-22, 23:45   Link #229
grylsyjaeger
Onani Master

Heh, they were feathered, boned and filleted with a single hit...

But Wood Duck is a disgusting meat.

I'll let the foxes come for them then I'll shoot them too.

Old 2011-05-02, 00:17   Link #230
justinstrife

Send a message via AIM to justinstrife

Two new additions to the family as of yesterday. Another M1 Carbine and a 10/22 Ruger.
Old 2011-05-02, 22:47   Link #231
Lost Cause

Justinstrife; is that some sort of bipod on the 10/22?
Love the little M1 though, it's a sweet little rifle.
fall: Wood Ducks? EWW!@.@ Disgusting meat! Only thing worse is goose!x.x

Ride, Boldly Ride!
Old 2011-05-03, 06:38   Link #232
Roger Rambo
Sensei, aishite imasu

Quote:
Originally Posted by SaintessHeart View Post
And I can't believe that my relatives sold the shirasaya my granddad got from a IJN officer to a collector after his death for money to pay for the funeral. What a bunch of ingrates.
Wait. You mean when they could have afforded to give him a funeral anyway?

That IS kind of...wow.
Roger Rambo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-05-03, 09:09   Link #233
SaintessHeart
NYAAAAHAAANNNNN~

Quote:
Originally Posted by Roger Rambo View Post
Wait. You mean when they could have afforded to give him a funeral anyway?

That IS kind of...wow.
Typical Asian mentality : WE need cash for that, but not out of MY pocket.

When three puppygirls named after pastries are on top of each other, it is called Eclair a'la menthe et Biscotti aux fraises avec beaucoup de Ricotta sur le dessus.
Most of all, you have to be disciplined and you have to save, even if you hate our current financial system. Because if you don't save, then you're guaranteed to end up with nothing.
SaintessHeart is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-06-10, 08:22   Link #234
grylsyjaeger
Onani Master

Finally ordered my Browning T-Bolt Varmint 22LR this afternoon.

Also put a Zeiss Conquest 3-9x40mm German #4 Reticle scope aside for it. Just need to track down some mounts when the rifle comes in and I'll be laughing.

Old 2011-06-10, 08:43   Link #235
Cosmic Eagle
今宵の虎徹は血に飢えている

Quote:
Originally Posted by Asuras View Post
What are you? American? Of course you need to clean those damned M16A2/M4A1/M6A2/M249/ etc's

They jam!
---
We really (in a war perspective) need a new standard rifle for our infantry. The M4 series is just becoming to outdated compared to the world. Isreal with their Tar-21's. Russian AN-94's. It goes on.
If you think those M-16 s jam, you haven't seen SAR 21 yet...that hunk of plastic and metal makes the M-16 feel like a bloody AK-47
Old 2011-06-10, 09:54   Link #236
Renegade334
Sleepy Lurker
*Graphic Designer

...And the reason why the AN94 is not so widespread is because the internal mechanisms are too complicated and too high maintenance to be issued to regular troops instead of just the Special Forces. Yes, the double-round system allows for very high rates of fire and the avant-garde flash hider does reduce muzzle rise, but the big counterweight is that the AN94 is not as easy to dismantle/put back together and service as, say, the M4/M16. Which is why the Russian Army prefers the AK74/AK100 series - they're less trouble for the "normal" soldiers.

And only an idiot, a complete ignoramus or a lazyass wouldn't maintain his weapon in proper state, regardless of its intrinsic ruggedness/rusticity. US troops in combat have repeatedly confirmed that the M16/M4, when properly - and regularly - serviced, doesn't jam much and can actually be quite reliable (it certainly allows more precise shots than the AK47 thanks to a flatter bullet trajectory). One reporter in particular (I must've cited/linked him in one of my previous posts in this thread) even stated that troops who frequently have to play bunny hop with and crawl through the Afghan irrigation ditches don't encounter catastrophic amounts of trouble when they get their weapons dirty...contrarily to what all those self-appointed gun pundits claim.

However, if you're recklessly clogging the barrel, the mag well or the ejection port with mud, talcum-like sand or hard soil with the preconception that you can abuse your weapon as much as you want without feeling sorry for it afterwards, then don't be surprised if something goes wrong once you pull the trigger. AR15 model or not, you're just asking for it.

Last edited by Renegade334; 2011-06-15 at 17:41.
Renegade334 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-06-15, 16:43   Link #237
Yu Ominae
ARCAM Spriggan agent

Send a message via Yahoo to Yu Ominae
I remember seeing photos of SCARS at the hands of Peruvian soldiers in a parade...

Even if we were at odds with each other, I still thank you for training me, Instructor Bowman - Yu Ominae, reflecting on Bowman's death after killing him in Phantom Island
Yu Ominae is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-06-16, 02:26   Link #238
SaintessHeart
NYAAAAHAAANNNNN~

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cosmic Eagle View Post
If you think those M-16 s jam, you haven't seen SAR 21 yet...that hunk of plastic and metal makes the M-16 feel like a bloody AK-47
The difference between the M-16 and the SAR-21 is that the M-16 can be cleaned 100% without armory tools - most of the parts can be removed by hand or with the stick. It is just that oil isn't enough to clean the spring in the rifle butt, you need Autosol to remove the rust before using oil to clean it again.

The SAR-21 is a brainless piece of engineering. The slide for the trigger group cannot be removed, the gas tap cannot be opened up, the battery cap falls off easily (and it costs $550 to replace), and the whole thing dies if there is mud or sand in the chamber which cannot be shaken out easily because the bolt group locks forward and seals the entire chamber. Sure it keeps the mud and sand out, but what if it already gotten in?

How can one even clean a weapon that doesn't have parts that come apart by hand?

When three puppygirls named after pastries are on top of each other, it is called Eclair a'la menthe et Biscotti aux fraises avec beaucoup de Ricotta sur le dessus.
Most of all, you have to be disciplined and you have to save, even if you hate our current financial system. Because if you don't save, then you're guaranteed to end up with nothing.
Old 2011-06-18, 13:28   Link #239
Anh_Minh
I disagree with you all.

So I've tried pistol shooting today. I expected to be kinda bad, but I'm not confident I can hit the broad side of a barn. Unless maybe I'm inside the barn.

Is eyesight important for that stuff?
Anh_Minh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-06-18, 14:43   Link #240
SaintessHeart
NYAAAAHAAANNNNN~

Quote:
Originally Posted by Anh_Minh View Post
So I've tried pistol shooting today. I expected to be kinda bad, but I'm not confident I can hit the broad side of a barn. Unless maybe I'm inside the barn.

Is eyesight important for that stuff?
It is technique. I am guessing you are using a common 9mm pistol, but the only pistol I have shot before is a SIG P226.

Distance is also important, because pistols tend to ride up more than rifles and submachine guns when the round is fired due to recoil and the slide pulling backwards to chamber the next round.

What I was taught was to look and focus on the target until everything else outside of it becomes blur, then simply point and shoot if the target is less than 20m. Holding the pistol in firing stance and aiming will make you more nervous and screw your aim, but if you focus until everything else becomes blur, the promethium sights will form a straight line. Put the line over the target's eyes will hit the temple, over the nipples will hit the cartoid artery/below the neck, over the elbow joints (around the bottom-most of the ribcage) will hit the heart, over the crotch will hit the stomach, and over the knees will hit his crotch - within 10-15m with lots of practice.

Tags
firearms, guns