AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Related Topics > Archived Manga & Light Novel Discussion

Notices

Closed Thread

Old 2008-04-30, 00:20   Link #1
HmR.kS

Psycho Busters

Kakeru has just been possessed and led to a dilapidated house where a group of psychics are taking refuge from the organization that they have escaped from. What I do not understand is why Kakeru has to be forced there when the young female psychic appeared in his room, naked. Weird, I thought all men would follow her willingly after beholding such a sight! But anyway… They did not manage to have more than a mere few peaceful moments when the organization surrounded their hideout. In an unlucky turn of events, a gun trigger was pulled at our powerless and harmless protagonist. Whether it was pure luck or Kakeru’s undiscovered power that saved him we do not know yet, but the bullet was deflected by a falling rubble from the ceiling. What are the chances a falling rubble will stop a gun bullet going for you at 300 mph/s? Zero! Kakeru has got to have a hidden power, just like all the other typical mangas out there. I admit I was was quite put off when I realized this. Yet, I was equally pleased to find out that in the rest of Kakeru’s confrontations with the bad psychics, no psychic abilities from Kakeru’s part helped them won the battles (at least in volume one). On the other hand, it reminds me greatly of another series in which the protagonist relied only on his wits and physical mettle to fight unnatural forces and that is… Mx0.

Overall, I find this title to be entertaining thus far and I am curious as to what power is lying dormant in Kakeru, if any. A solid clue that suggests that Kakeru does indeed possess a power would be the leader of the captivators mentioning that he has found a Category Zero. Another thing that might get you interested in reading this would be that this is actually the same author/mangaka as GetBackers. So GetBackers fans, what are you waiting for?

Humor: 5/10
Plot: 7/10
Character Design: 6/10
Overall: 7/10

Author: 青樹佑夜 (Yuya Aoki)

This manga review is proudly brought to you by ChapterDesu.Com!

Last edited by HmR.kS; 2008-09-15 at 23:21.
Old 2008-04-30, 05:40   Link #2
yezhanquan
Observer/Bookman wannabe

The story is by the author of GB, but it's not drawn by Ayamine Rando.

My advice is: Take a deep breath, and wait for the subsequent volumes first. If GB is anything to go back, it makes more sense to start from the middle and then go back to the beginning and read on at the same time.
Old 2008-04-30, 15:30   Link #3
DeotoxSlayer

Quote:
Originally Posted by yezhanquan View Post

My advice is: Take a deep breath, and wait for the subsequent volumes first. If GB is anything to go back, it makes more sense to start from the middle and then go back to the beginning and read on at the same time.
what's GB???
Old 2008-04-30, 17:25   Link #4
xris
Just call me Ojisan

Quote:
Originally Posted by HmR.kS View Post
Another thing that might get you interested in reading this would be that this is actually the same author/mangaka as GetBackers.
Quote:
Originally Posted by yezhanquan View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by DeotoxSlayer View Post
what's GB???
GB = GetBackers.
Old 2008-04-30, 20:36   Link #5
technomo12
Wise Otaku Seeker

well read it til the latest chapter and well it still not caugh on many updates still im hoping fo this one to be noticed by many translator
Old 2008-05-01, 18:02   Link #6
myopius

The group that's on it is producing great work.

Yeah, this is a very enjoyable story. Fun characters, with a somewhat serious story but it's not too heavy, as you'd expect of a shounen. From the most recently scanlated chapter, it seems like we (the reader) have a pretty clear idea of what Kakeru's "power" is. Not really that amazing, in my personal opinion. I was expecting his power to be something related to the idea of destiny.

Well-drawn, fairly unique character designs, nice and fairly likable characters, and an above-average plot with some nice intrigue going on... I'm not actively following this series, but I periodically see that there are new releases and enjoy catching up in my free time.
Old 2008-09-15, 23:24   Link #7
HmR.kS

This series should be worth continuing, I bought the second volume recently. The reason why I took so long to get the second volume after the first was because I bought too many other series. lol =D
Old 2009-01-06, 02:40   Link #8
yongshun

Just grab volume 4 and LOL at Maya.
Old 2009-02-25, 18:49   Link #9
Kirvee
SoulxMaka Fangirl

Send a message via AIM to Kirvee Send a message via MSN to Kirvee Send a message via Yahoo to Kirvee
I love this series, Xiao is cute and I think the character designs are great. I love the plot too.

I kinda wish this could get an anime someday.....how far along is the series in Japan, anyway? I'm not entirely sure if this is a monthly or weekly series, I've only bought the English volumes.
Old 2009-08-23, 23:17   Link #10
incube
Dango Master
*IT Support

It is so frustrating when u find a enjoyable / interesting manga and have no idea when the next chap will be released >.<

I would also like to know till what chapter/ volume was released in japan..
Old 2009-08-24, 00:52   Link #11
jpwong

I believe the series ends at the end of Volume 7. So just 2 more volumes to go until the entire series is available in stores (in english).
Old 2009-08-24, 23:11   Link #12
Kirvee
SoulxMaka Fangirl

Send a message via AIM to Kirvee Send a message via MSN to Kirvee Send a message via Yahoo to Kirvee
Only 7 volumes? I imagine the novels go on a bit farther than that though, right? I really hope so....
Old 2009-08-25, 00:16   Link #13
jpwong

There are novels? Because the manga defiantly ends at volume 7, they even put "Fin" on the last panel.
Old 2009-08-26, 12:49   Link #14
Kirvee
SoulxMaka Fangirl

Yeah. The original story, according to the creator, was originally intended to be in novel form rather than a manga form (but they made a manga anyway to go with the novels). Delrey is currently translating and publishing the novels as well as the manga (I got the first book, it's really good actually). I don't know how far out the novels go or how far ahead it is of the manga. The fandom for this series is almost nonexistant (*tear*) and Wiki has like, no info at all.
Closed Thread