AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > General > Video Games

Notices

Old 2010-03-15, 14:09   Link #2781
yeahitschris

oh... ouch. that sucks then ~_~. i got you now lol. thought you sync'd it before that happened. but from what you saying, you never got a chance to sync since your wireless connection is weak. . d/w from what i learned. being a trophy whore is a BITCH. im playing gundam dystanty warriors 2. its such a pain to get the trophies. so much repetitive stuff. ~_~
Old 2010-03-16, 11:08   Link #2782
zebra
❙❙❙❙❙❙❙❥

Send a message via AIM to zebra Send a message via MSN to zebra
Haha,that's why I'm happy that their not that imprtant to me Only really try for them, when I love a game and their fun.
But they're a motivation for challenges~

Still aggravating to lose them all, my sympathy buddy. That sucks indeed.
zebra is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-03-17, 07:11   Link #2783
-Sho-
~Omedetô~

News again for PS move and now it concerns on the latency/speed :

http://kotaku.com/5495260/so-how-lag...aystation-move

Video's link :

http://www.eurogamer.net/videos/digi...tency-analysis

So 20% speed .

"It doesn't take the 20% speed to see that there's some noticable lag there."

For the First guys , i didn't noticed an important lag .

"Not enough to render the controller useless, of course, but enough to have an impact on any game that requires precise timing."

But the 3rd guy , yeah , you can see the 20% .
-Sho- is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-03-23, 17:15   Link #2784
-Sho-
~Omedetô~

See more about Playstation Move :

http://kotaku.com/5500300/playstatio...rols-in-action

2 demos .

"The second shows a whole new way people could make levels in a game like Little Big Planet."
Interesting .
-Sho- is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-03-29, 02:19   Link #2785
iceyfw

http://blog.us.playstation.com/2010/...-v3-21-update/

Quote:
Originally Posted by PS3 Firmware v3.21
The next system software update for the PlayStation 3 (PS3) system will be released on April 1, 2010 (JST), and will disable the “Install Other OS” feature that was available on the PS3 systems prior to the current slimmer models, launched in September 2009. This feature enabled users to install an operating system, but due to security concerns, Sony Computer Entertainment will remove the functionality through the 3.21 system software update.
i was never interested in installing another os on the ps3 and people are raging over this matter. april fools? i don't think so most likely.
iceyfw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-03-29, 18:25   Link #2786
chikorita157
ひきこもりアイドル
*IT Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by IcExAlcHeMy View Post
http://blog.us.playstation.com/2010/...-v3-21-update/

i was never interested in installing another os on the ps3 and people are raging over this matter. april fools? i don't think so most likely.
Has to be a April Fools joke... If they did so, I think they are becoming just as closed as... well, you know the iPhone.

Anyways, I still have Linux installed on my PS3... I never use it because H264 perform poorly due to a lack of Graphics Acceleration.
Old 2010-03-30, 02:31   Link #2787
Sides

Some institutions are actually using old retail ps3 for projects, cutting them out that seems to be a bit strange. Sony has been supporting linux for a long time, see ps2 linux kit, i don't see why they want to stop now. It has to be a april fools joke.
Sides is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-03-30, 14:23   Link #2788
kujoe
from head to heel

Well, even if it's not an April Fools' joke, I'm frankly not surprised.

This doesn't really affect institutions that rely on the PS3 for their own projects, since their units wouldn't require updates to run games online; however, this affects the small tech-savy, hardcore base that has been using this feature.

Others believe that there's a legitimate claim to hacking the console for more functionality (i.e., homebrew development), but the world doesn't work that way unfortunately.

People are pointing the finger at the hacker Geohot for this mess, and while he claims that his aims are not piracy, it's naive to think that something more malicious won't ever happen as a result of his efforts. What Geohot has accomplished so far apparently isn't enough to run pirated software, but fearing the worst, Sony is most likely very reluctant to have another PSP on their hands.

"The road to hell is paved with good intentions." My feelings on this issue are mixed, but I've experienced just enough to realize how piracy is rampant in other parts of the world—online or otherwise. If there was just only a way Sony could've prevented this without taking out the Other OS feature...
kujoe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-03-30, 15:17   Link #2789
Sides

Honestly even if "other OS" feature allow piracy, how many people still have an old ps3. I know i have one, but i also know that alot of people who have the new model, that didn't had the option to install other oses. I don't see why early adopter should be punish, for supporting the company for some anti-piracy PR.
By my guesstimation, based on zero facts, probably 1 in 10000 PS3 owners are using an old ps3. So piracy or not, it won't affect software sales at all.
I reckon if the removal of other OS is true, it is either because sony are downsizing their company and firing some devs responsible for maintaining the linux feature, the numbers of old ps3 are now so low, that it isn't worth supporting them or they are just too lazy and find it too troublesome to maintain one firmware for both ps3 version out there. Be there to see the ps2 BC being stripped off soon.
Old 2010-03-30, 15:40   Link #2790
kujoe
from head to heel

Actually, I think it's not just about piracy. I think also there's some worry about possible hacks that could apply in online gaming, trophies, etc., but without knowing the true potential of what can be achieved from the hacking that has been done so far, it's pretty hard to tell where things will go on from here.

The thing is, Sony has provided the Other OS support as a way to open up to a more tech-savy audience while maintaining some measure of control of the system. As long as the community played nice, Sony would be satisfied and vice-versa. Unfortunately this functionality has been gimped from the get-go, as users have no real access to the RSX (the GPU). Some people are interested to run homebrew aps and get more functionality out of their PS3, but without this limitation.

Like I said before: "The road to hell is paved with good intentions." The issue that is being debated across forums and blogs is that of being able to use what you've bought as you see fit vs. Sony protecting its own interests from potential, malicious uses of their product.

Personally, I haven't even used this feature, but since I paid for a phat PS3 I am kind of miffed at the idea of this. I know the slims don't have this anymore, but still...
Old 2010-03-30, 15:56   Link #2791
Woopzilla
Desensitized

It probably would affect Sony in some way. People would start coveting the fat PS3s... there's millions out there (or else the 'apocalyps3' wouldn't have seen such a reaction). People would probably stop buying slims and go for the 'chipped' fats that are available.

To what degree this would affect them is debatable though, as not everyone in the world is a die hard pirate.
Old 2010-03-31, 06:21   Link #2792
Sides

Looks like the removal of other OS is true after all. Well, we still have SACD...
Old 2010-03-31, 16:12   Link #2793
chikorita157
ひきこもりアイドル
*IT Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by kujoe View Post
Actually, I think it's not just about piracy. I think also there's some worry about possible hacks that could apply in online gaming, trophies, etc., but without knowing the true potential of what can be achieved from the hacking that has been done so far, it's pretty hard to tell where things will go on from here.

The thing is, Sony has provided the Other OS support as a way to open up to a more tech-savy audience while maintaining some measure of control of the system. As long as the community played nice, Sony would be satisfied and vice-versa. Unfortunately this functionality has been gimped from the get-go, as users have no real access to the RSX (the GPU). Some people are interested to run homebrew aps and get more functionality out of their PS3, but without this limitation.

Like I said before: "The road to hell is paved with good intentions." The issue that is being debated across forums and blogs is that of being able to use what you've bought as you see fit vs. Sony protecting its own interests from potential, malicious uses of their product.

Personally, I haven't even used this feature, but since I paid for a phat PS3 I am kind of miffed at the idea of this. I know the slims don't have this anymore, but still...
The EFF (Electronic Fontier Foundation) also complaining about Sony's decision: http://www.eff.org/deeplinks/2010/03...-playstation-3

The Linux environment is pretty limited on PS3 in terms of 3D, so you can't really play any games really. I think this decision is a really stupid one and paving a way to be more like Microsoft and just as closed as the iPhone and AT&T's modified Android devices like the Motorola Backflip. What they should of done is patch that hole so it wouldn't happen, but now they are getting backlash from that decision. After this, I probably won't buy another Sony product again if they keep up with the anti-consumer practices.
Old 2010-03-31, 17:38   Link #2794
kujoe
from head to heel

Quote:
Originally Posted by chikorita157 View Post
What they should of done is patch that hole so it wouldn't happen, but now they are getting backlash from that decision.
It'll just end up being a patching war. Actually, that's probably what's going to happen regardless of what Sony will do.

In my opinion, they should just come up a system where they can ban maliciously modded PS3s (as in the console itself) from PSN. Xbox Live does this to cheaters, as they should be treated as such, and leave the rest of its user base alone.

This 'scorched earth' approach is unfortunate, and will only result to bad PR.
Old 2010-04-01, 01:09   Link #2795
kk2extreme
Your wife is hot...

new update is against phat ps3 owners who are the sony purists

whats wrong with being fat, soon they will take away my backward capabilities too.
kk2extreme is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-04-21, 23:02   Link #2796
King Lycan
User Title eaten by ravenous bunnies
*IT Support

New Valkyrie Profile

This Better not be an 360 exclusive I will kill Tri Ace
Old 2010-04-21, 23:19   Link #2797
kk2extreme
Your wife is hot...

Quote:
Originally Posted by King Lycan View Post
New Valkyrie Profile

This Better not be an 360 exclusive I will kill Tri Ace
i suspect that it would be like SO4...
Old 2010-04-22, 14:02   Link #2798
Sides

Wow, just came back from a trip and tada what do I see, new update. Apparently they added 3D support. Now we need to wait until 3D TVs are affordable and works without glasses.
Old 2010-04-22, 22:00   Link #2799
Shinji103
Crazy Devout Fanboy

Location: 1st Ra Cailum-class battleship Ra Cailum, port-side officer's bunks
Yeesh, about time. They released the 3.30 update yesterday through PS3 Internet connection, but it wasn't made available for download onto a USB stick until just a little bit ago today. It shouldn't take that long for Playstation.com to get the update posted up. Sure there isn't anything dire in the update there, but still.
Old 2010-04-29, 00:42   Link #2800
kk2extreme
Your wife is hot...

http://ps3.ign.com/articles/108/1086720p1.html

some news, i knew that its gonna happen sooner or later, but i would not sue sony unless they are making us pay for online gaming.

Tags
console, ps3, sony