AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Retired > Retired A-L > Kami nomi/TWGOK

Notices

View Poll Results: Kami nomi/TWGOK - Episode 4 Rating
Perfect 10 27 30.68%
9 out of 10 : Excellent 22 25.00%
8 out of 10 : Very Good 11 12.50%
7 out of 10 : Good 8 9.09%
6 out of 10 : Average 9 10.23%
5 out of 10 : Below Average 4 4.55%
4 out of 10 : Poor 1 1.14%
3 out of 10 : Bad 1 1.14%
2 out of 10 : Very Bad 0 0%
1 out of 10 : Painful 5 5.68%
Voters: 88. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread

Old 2010-10-27, 18:14   Link #41
Hooves
~Official Slacker~
*Author

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vanish View Post
Oh, I thought the skip option was only left out for the mini game.
Either way, skip or not, his finger skillz are insanely fast.
Well he has been playing games for quite a long time, it naturally develops on your fingers
Old 2010-10-27, 18:15   Link #42
Seihai
スマイリウム

Quote:
Originally Posted by paladinenvec View Post
I am the only one that thought that the episode was very good?, all keima's expression's and reactions were pretty funny, at some point i understand that the pacing got a little slow, nevertheless it was a good episode overall, this filler was entertaining cause captures can get a little too repetitive so slice of life episodes are needed to change the pace...
You're not alone.
And maybe the thing about the pacing has to do with the different director? I'm not knowledgable about director's stuff but maybe that's part of the reason the episode turned out like it turned out.
Old 2010-10-27, 18:22   Link #43
Saturn Beaver
Home of Silent Prayer

Send a message via MSN to Saturn Beaver
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hooves View Post
It is surprising but this filler was good, Keima is very determined when it comes to heroines who need to be saved from bugs that just spin out of control
Um, if by filler you mean an anime-original content, it's definitely not. The content for the episode is taken directly from the manga. If it means that it don't really have any connection to the main plot to the loose-soul capturing main plot, then that would be more fitting, although it serves some function in showing Keima's character.

Quote:
Well, besides the company not existing anymore so a complaint letter would be impossible, I agree to you and serenade_beta finding a fix yourself shouldn't be impossible, at least in reality. But yeah, this is much less than reality to begin with.
Well, I don't know, they can still find the ones who make the codings for the game or something, and ask them once and for all whether it's possible or not to finish the game. Perhaps even deliver some punishment for giving a price tag of 16,000+ yen for such a literally broken game.
Old 2010-10-27, 18:24   Link #44
serenade_beta
そのおっぱいで13才

Quote:
He's never had common sense to begin with. He's simply, like Ryuutai pointed out, totally absorbed and obsessed in his game.
The loop thing is just a huge shock for him, so he acted even more disturbing.
Also, the fact that he can perfectly answer correctly under his situation, playing a game and being troubled by it, is hilarious and awesome.

Indeed, the teachers can only scream at him and give him physical pain.
But his otherwise rational and logical way of thinking (= he's smart) makes up for his habit which in fact doesn't bother anyone else in his class.
Even if they took it away, we already know he's got a spare PFP.
Regardless, it isn't a statement usable to let a character do anything they want.
It's like... having a character do one thing, and then let him do something completely random. And if the viewers ask why he did it? Answer: He doesn't have common sense.
So in other words, there is no way normal people can understand him?
Heh, maybe a usable excuse if he was mentally insane.
Besides, if he was so absorbed into his games and love the characters so much and this is an excuse for anything he does, it still doesn't connect for some scenes, like where he plays his games while bathing. If he does treasure so much, he wouldn't put his girls in danger of being permanently irretrievable or game unplayable.
Oh right, he doesn't have common sense, so it works. (sarcasm)

And as for "Indeed"... Hah?!
There is no indeed. No matter how smart he is or whether he can answer the questions doesn't change the fact he is playing video games in class and they CAN take it away.
It's like saying, I know everything so I don't have to show up for class and no absence can be marked on me. As logical as that. Eh?

-Blog --> http://tdnshumi.blogspot.com/ (Mainly about video games)
-R.I.P. Hiroshi Yamauchi, Gaming wouldn't have been the same without you (9/19/13)
Old 2010-10-27, 18:38   Link #45
Texas84
よろしく

Laugh out loud hilarious for me. The stupid mini-game with all the different foods killed. Was this episode called 'Endless Ate?' (ごめん)
Old 2010-10-27, 18:46   Link #46
Cassiopeia

Thumbs up

Spoiler for Episode 4:
Old 2010-10-27, 19:03   Link #47
MeoTwister5
Komrades of Kitamura Kou

Great adaptation, bad choice of pacing.

You can have both actually, and this episode proved it.
Old 2010-10-27, 19:42   Link #48
karuroso

=D awesome way to adapt that single chapter,great job Manglobe! if just this one was like this i can't wait for the others ch animated
Old 2010-10-27, 20:46   Link #49
Sackett
Cross Game - I need more

Location: I've moved around the American West. I've lived in Oregon, Washington, Utah, and Oklahoma
I was surprised that the Sora chapter was given an entire episode. But I think people who are screaming about everything has been RUINED FOREVER, are getting a bit overwrought.

I enjoyed the school scenes, because they fit exactly with my experience. Not with games, but books. I was always reading when I was in junior high and highschool. I read while walking in the hallways, I read while walking to school, I read on the bus, in the car. And yes, I read in class. And yes, the teachers would try to catch me out by asking me questions, and I would answer them correctly leaving them flummoxed. Taking my books away didn't stop me either, I was often reading three or four different books at the same time. Once I got as high as 7 different books. And I always aced my tests, (except spelling, spelling always got me). It got to the point that teachers would just try to ignore me. Except they would sometimes say something that was incorrect- at which point I would put my book down and raise my hand. They would feel forced to call on me and then I would point out how what they had said wasn't actually correct. (I always read my entire textbook for the class during the first two weeks).

I swear. Looking back now I can understand why so many teachers hated me. But I didn't care at all back then. I was a man possessed. I'd read anything. Anything. Fantasy, Sci-Fi, geography books, biographies, economic analysis, newspapers, the encyclopedia, the dictionary, even the girly books that my sisters would hide from me (although that was only when I was desperate- no other unread books left in the house, and unable to visit the library). So I guess I sort of understand Keima a little bit.

Also, I think it did effectively show Keima's nobility of spirit, underneath the twisted mind of an otaku. His "save any heroine" will surely become a plot point eventually.

I also did get the impression that Sora did somehow realize that she was trapped, and that no one could save her except Keima. It might have been stronger in the manga, but I think there are virtues to being subtle, and it didn't really bother me. Just something extra to those paying attention.

As for the references... did Keima turn into an EVA at one point?

So... yes, it was a slow episode. And they could have covered the same material much faster, although I'm not sure the emotional impact would be the same.

I did notice the slowness of the episode though. A little too slow if judging the episode on it's own merits. But as part of the greater series I think it might not be a bad idea. We were clipping along at a rather rapid pace and we are about to hit the heroine that is the first really step up in the plot and intensity. This breather episode might not be a bad idea.

Spoiler for Future Events hinted at by the ending picture of today's episode:

Cross Game - A Story of Love, Life, Death - and Baseball. What more could you want?
Old 2010-10-27, 20:47   Link #50
Thelastguardian

I wonder why all the bad mouthing of the episode. I think it is a very fine episode myself.

First of all, most galgame players would be familiar with the bugs he mentioned in this episode. Seeing a kuso game that encompassed all these 'features' definitely bring a smile to most galgamers' faces. I am guessing that some viewers are disappointed because they want to see him getting the real girls; But one must realize that this series is also about galgames. That is probably the mismatch in expectation. I personally enjoyed seeing him battling these obstacles, so there.

Furthermore, this episode shows what kind of person Keima is. To the things he cares about, he is one dedicated SOB. We learn, in this episode, he is willing to go any length to 'save' the thing he loves. This will prove to be important as the later captures become more difficult- it is this determination that carries him through. As a bonus, it also provides a chance for Eleise to realize that Keima is earnest in his conquest.

Someone mentioned that he shouldn't play in class. Well, what do you expect him to do? He gets 100% in all his tests, he listens in class, answer all the questions correctly, and never disturb anyone else. It is quite hard to expect more from a student. As far as I can see, as long as you are present in the classroom, learning, and not disturbing other students, there is no problem playing video games. Now there might be issues with respect for elders and co., but frankly those stuff are never in the curriculum, and I shudder to think that one can properly learn those ways of social conduct in school.

Of course this episode is not without flaw. The loop sequence is a bit weak. I personally would reorganize that sequence. I believe I can shorten it while leaving a larger impression on the viewer. Keima's voice is not as bipolar as I imagined when I read the manga, and the description of the game left much to desire. In the second half the producer was obviously trying to drum up sympathy for Sora; unfortunately for him, it didn't quite work out.

But these are only nitpicks. When a producer makes not one, but two custom songs for one character (that's not even real!), you know he is serious .

Last edited by Thelastguardian; 2010-10-27 at 20:57.
Old 2010-10-27, 20:50   Link #51
KROMEangel
Baby Got Back

Quote:
Originally Posted by serenade_beta View Post
Spoiler for .:
Hey, did you read the synopsis?
"A kid who's the master of galges is enslaved by a demon to rid spirits out of the gaps in girl's hearts, by using his extensive dating sim experience."

And you're complaining that he doesn't keep his PFP dry? Or that he's not the most model of students despite being an ace? Well, my God, my suspension of belief has been utterly destroyed.
pfft.

Anyway, I liked this episode quite a bit; manga-adapting be damned, I treat this and that as different entities. I'm okay with a full episode, because we need a sneak peak into the character of Keima. He may be playing games, but he takes his games very seriously. Sora's dimension was a great way to symbolize having to go through constant reruns, and I chuckled quite a bit with the "minigame."
Keima shows us that when he says he cares for his heroines, he really means it, even if he has to go through great lengths. Taking this into the real world, Keima will certainly put his all into the infected girls.

Last edited by KROMEangel; 2010-10-27 at 21:44.
Old 2010-10-27, 20:52   Link #52
larethian

the loop is nothing compared to a particular endless summer I know of.
Old 2010-10-27, 21:06   Link #53
omimon
Professional Hikkikomori

Quote:
Originally Posted by larethian View Post
the loop is nothing compared to a particular endless summer I know of.
Except this loop was painful for the characters but that fateful summer was painful for us.
Old 2010-10-27, 21:26   Link #54
ImAKami
Paragon of Ero

Misc/Allusions:
- Is that Unlimited Blade Works I see near the beginning?
- First one to call Indiana Jones reference with "Raiders' March" from Raiders of the Lost Ark. (When Keima is explaining the loop bug to Elsee)
- Piano Sonata No.2 in B Flat Minor Op. 35, 3rd movement, Marche funebre: Lento by Frederic Chopin. (When the people who have failed to clear Sora's route are shown)
- The actual title of this FLAG should have been "Welcome to nPr!"
- ...was that a oppai mousepad at the end?

Spoiler for Review(?):

Edit: Seriously? People are complaining about Keima? Geeze, what's the big deal?

Last edited by ImAKami; 2010-10-27 at 23:06. Reason: ppl should relax.
Old 2010-10-27, 21:31   Link #55
Dremora

Too little stretched too far; I found it pretty disappointing. Should have been half the episode or saved for a DVD special or something. At least we'll be returning to the main plot next week, I think.
Old 2010-10-27, 21:54   Link #56
Kakkou
Tch.

@ImAKami - The more I keep seeing your sig, the more I'm finding it cute... Oh dear...

I love how they expanded the chapter into one episode and on top of that had some eroge staff assist in the episode. But what really got me sold was TENMON, freaking TENMON being hired just to compose the music and two songs for the game, which is instant win to me. Sora's VA Sakurai Tomo surprised me, since I kept having the feeling that she was one of the ef VAs instead, and truly her vocals in the ED song composed by Tenmon really had me thinking she was from ef. More praise to Hiro's performances as Keima, I always enjoy hearing his crazy lines.

Seeing Kodama animated finally made me realise how gaudy his taste in clothes is, since most of the time I only pay attention to his huge mouth in the manga. Oh, and the preview illustration was from Aquaplus right? I remember seeing their name somewhere in the credits, plus it looked like Tears to Tiara's artist's style.
Old 2010-10-27, 22:11   Link #57
MrTerrorist
Takao Tsundere Cruiser

I feel sorry for Keima being rip-off of a very buggy game(At least he had some nice extras).

But i have to hand it to him, he kept trying to reach the ending despite there were no saves, no skip button, an insane number of options and many, many bugs, he kept starting over again and again and again!(If i was him, i would just hack the damm game to see the ending.)

Overall it was nice episode for those who play these games and may have suffered the same problem.

PS. Rocky and Indiana Jones theme songs were heard. Also Keima being Lelocuh. LOL

BTW, who was this week's end credits artist?
Old 2010-10-27, 22:29   Link #58
Clarste
Human

Quote:
Originally Posted by MeoTwister5 View Post
Great adaptation, bad choice of pacing.

You can have both actually, and this episode proved it.
No, that actually makes no sense, because pacing is a part of the quality, especially for a comedy.
Old 2010-10-27, 22:52   Link #59
serenade_beta
そのおっぱいで13才

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cassiopeia View Post
Teachers have tried to stop him doing that, but he never stop playing even if he gets punished. so in the end, they just kinda gave up on him.

so what I said in the beginning? This manga doesn't reflect reality, so there is no point of arguing about that, cuz he is just the way he is. If you want reality reflected in anime, then you won't have many stuff to watch. For an example, judging by your avatar, you are probably watching mm!. I don't think MM! is realistic or logical at all.
I don't want to ever meet a school with these kind of teachers then.

MM! isn't realistic, yes. Then again, I am not talking about whether the manga reflects reality or not. But regardless of that, the characters have to make sense.
Just because it is a manga or fantasy or whatever doesn't mean the characters can do whatever they want even if it is out of character, obviously.
For instance, we have a fantasy setting...

And then we have this character that hates someone (no, not tsundere, but blood-lust hate)... But then in the next episode, the character loves that person.
At this point, wouldn't you feel something is odd?
Or maybe a easier example. The fact Ash can get hit by 10000 volts of electricity, rock climb on walls, etc. is perfectly acceptable, but if he forgets how to properly catch Pokemon? One big ( O_O)?, yes?
That's what I am talking about. There is no way I could expect the show to be realistic. But expect the characters to make sense? Yes. Unless the show was full of mental patients that didn't have a properly working brain or something.
And in regards to MM!, I don't feel that.

Quote:
Originally Posted by KROMEangel View Post
Hey, did you read the synopsis?
"A kid who's the master of galges is enslaved by a demon to rid spirits out of the gaps in girl's hearts, by using his extensive dating sim experience."

And you're complaining that he doesn't keep his PFP dry? Or that he's not the most model of students despite being an ace? Well, my God, my suspension of belief has been utterly destroyed.
pfft.
There's less connection between the two paragraphs than there is a connection between coke and the sun.

And you know, if he is a master of galges, than I would expect him to keep his PFP dry, yeah.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ImAKami View Post
Edit: Seriously? People are complaining about Keima? Geeze, what's the big deal?
*People need to relax
Yeah, truly.

-Blog --> http://tdnshumi.blogspot.com/ (Mainly about video games)
-R.I.P. Hiroshi Yamauchi, Gaming wouldn't have been the same without you (9/19/13)

Last edited by serenade_beta; 2010-10-27 at 23:22. Reason: Add a easier example
Old 2010-10-27, 22:59   Link #60
ImAKami
Paragon of Ero

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sackett View Post
I also did get the impression that Sora did somehow realize that she was trapped, and that no one could save her except Keima. It might have been stronger in the manga, but I think there are virtues to being subtle, and it didn't really bother me. Just something extra to those paying attention.
The anime was rather subtle with it, but they made it so that the viewers could distinguish it without any difficulty. Perhaps it's because the anime had more interactions/scenes with Sora than in the manga.

To support this, I would like to call attention to canvases in the art room. I think nobody has mentioned them before, so I will share my own interpretation of their significance. The sketches on the canvases represents the person, the player, playing the game, or have played the game. As you may have noticed, none of the canvases are entirely finished, with the facial feature of the person in the portrait always missing. In other words, these are the "saviors" that have failed to rescue Sora. Think of them as skeletons in a dungeon if you will. Countless unfinished canvases of those "saviors" who have vanished before her eyes. In the end, we never see the complete drawing of Keima; however, you may rest assured knowing that he is the one and only Otoshi-gami.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kakkou View Post
@ImAKami - The more I keep seeing your sig, the more I'm finding it cute... Oh dear...
ImAKami used Nekomimi Keima on Kakkou!
Kakkou became confused!
It's super effective!

Quote:
Originally Posted by MrTerrorist View Post
BTW, who was this week's end credits artist?
IIRC, it's Mitsumi Misato. She also did illustrations for ToHeart2, among many other. If you look closely, you can see Konomi with her school uniform.

Last edited by ImAKami; 2010-10-27 at 23:09. Reason: Answering a question.
Closed Thread