AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series

Notices

Old 2009-01-25, 16:24   Link #361
whit3mag3

Quote:
Originally Posted by Matrim View Post
Yes, it's totally the one from Rose of Versailles, if I remember correctly in the manga Nodame even talks about visiting Versailles because she loves Rose of Versailles.
why is chiaki called andre?
whit3mag3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-01-25, 16:30   Link #362
Kazu-kun

Quote:
Originally Posted by whit3mag3 View Post
why is chiaki called andre?
André is a character from the The Rose of Versailles. Remember that Nodame is an Otaku.
Old 2009-03-29, 22:06   Link #363
typhonsentra

Just finished this season.... what a disappointment as I saw both seasons back to back. They really pulled the focus away from the music appreciation and even recycled some pieces/cut them way down. I still don't really like Chiaki either. He's been stringing Nodame along for years and yeah he's showing interest finally but he's not really taking it seriously. Given how long she's been emotionally invested in him I think he owes it to her by now.
typhonsentra is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-03-30, 00:08   Link #364
VC Matsumoto
Anime Fanatic

Send a message via MSN to VC Matsumoto
To: Typhonsentra,

Yea, Chiaki isn't that likeable; his characture flaws are stated alot by others...LoL!
I always though that his characture was like a "male" version of the female lead
in Suzuka; She was arrogant, easy to anger and a challenge to see what her
significant other saw in her. I think Nodame vented some of her fustration when
she kicked his ass at the end of Ep. 5 (or 6?) in this 2nd season.

VC
VC Matsumoto is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-05-12, 16:16   Link #365
FuzzyWuzzy

I watched this and now I just saw the live action episodes of the story in paris. The live action sp was a lot better in story telling, delivering the funny parts and giving the joy of triumph and agony of defeat. At first, I thought the creator of the manga or story really fell apart at the second season. But after watching the live action, that doesn't seem to be the case at all.

So in short- the anime Pari-Hen was really crappy.
FuzzyWuzzy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-05-13, 03:05   Link #366
MikaMiaka
I like guavas.

I actually like all the episodes, from both seasons.

Like the majority, I also had qualms about Chiaki's verbally and emotionally abusive behavior.

It wasn't until episode 10 of the Paris season that I finally understood their relationship. It was during the scene where Nodame and Chiaki were laying out in the garden after her recital, basking in the glow of her success.

As dim lights gently hit their faces, Chiaki says, "It's like you're always with me but you're not. You traveled alone and then suddenly returned." He pulls her down for a kiss, and to himself, whispers, "as long as I don't lose her."

They were such sweet words, and coming from someone like him, whose character flaw lies in his in ability to find comfort in his feelings, I melted. It meant so much because it was so rare. It was a truly brilliant scene.

I don't think there can be anyone else who understands (and doesn't understand) her the way he does, and the writing is utter perfection in subtly revealing this fact.
MikaMiaka is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-11-12, 23:15   Link #367
SeijiSensei
AS Oji-kun

SARS has released a subbed version of the first Nodame movie that covers the events in Paris through the first Marlett concert. I was impressed with the amount of time they devoted to musical performances and with Tamaki Hiroshi's portrayal of Chiaki. It's pretty much his film; Ueno Juri's Nodame plays more of a supporting role in this one. (I'm guessing their roles will be reversed in the sequel.)

There are some wonderful animated sequences here and there throughout, ones that will resonate with anime fans. My favorite was the sequence after Chiaki asks Nodame to play the celesta in the first Marlett performance. She runs through the streets of Paris accompanied by a host of animated characters from Puri Gorota. There's also a funny "battle" scene where Nodame and her antagonist (who was that, by the way?) shoot magical power balls at each other.

Still it's Tamaki's performance that holds my attention. (I get tired of Ueno's mousy interpretation of Nodame which doesn't fit my image of her from the anime.) I suspect he worked with a real conductor or two to develop some technique as his work on the podium is quite convincing.

HD: http://www.nyaatorrents.org/?page=download&tid=144626
SD: http://www.nyaatorrents.org/?page=download&tid=144708
SeijiSensei is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-01-08, 16:51   Link #368
SeijiSensei
AS Oji-kun

Movie part 2 from SARS:

SD: http://www.nyaatorrents.org/?page=to...nfo&tid=179695
HD: http://www.nyaatorrents.org/?page=to...nfo&tid=179636
SeijiSensei is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-01-10, 15:40   Link #369
KazePT
Witch Hunter

Quote:
Originally Posted by MikaMiaka View Post
I actually like all the episodes, from both seasons.

Like the majority, I also had qualms about Chiaki's verbally and emotionally abusive behavior.

It wasn't until episode 10 of the Paris season that I finally understood their relationship. It was during the scene where Nodame and Chiaki were laying out in the garden after her recital, basking in the glow of her success.

As dim lights gently hit their faces, Chiaki says, "It's like you're always with me but you're not. You traveled alone and then suddenly returned." He pulls her down for a kiss, and to himself, whispers, "as long as I don't lose her."

They were such sweet words, and coming from someone like him, whose character flaw lies in his in ability to find comfort in his feelings, I melted. It meant so much because it was so rare. It was a truly brilliant scene.

I don't think there can be anyone else who understands (and doesn't understand) her the way he does, and the writing is utter perfection in subtly revealing this fact.
I subscribe this. I also thought that we saw Chiaki's true feelings and their relation in episode 10 - it was one of the most heart throbbing scenes I saw in a romance.
Old 2011-04-28, 08:47   Link #370
User68604
Disabled By Request

Quote:
Originally Posted by typhonsentra View Post
Just finished this season.... what a disappointment as I saw both seasons back to back. They really pulled the focus away from the music appreciation and even recycled some pieces/cut them way down. I still don't really like Chiaki either. He's been stringing Nodame along for years and yeah he's showing interest finally but he's not really taking it seriously. Given how long she's been emotionally invested in him I think he owes it to her by now.
thats funny b/c i thought season 1 was by FAR inferior to season 2 due to the lack of character/relationship development
User68604 is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
comedy, josei, musical, nodame cantabile, noitamina