AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Fairy Tail

Notices

Old 2012-07-17, 01:52   Link #4801
sergel02

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kafriel View Post
It would have ended the same way even if Legion had gathered the clock pieces instead; of course it was a stupid idea to dig up long forgotten and well protected ancient artifacts in order to "protect" them. If Legion hadn't taken any action, the world would still be a safe place lol.
Unless someone else wanted it. Like Jackpot. Right now he seems to play the role of an observer just watching the two sides battle each other out, and then gets the prize in the end.

The Archbishop said in episode 138 that the Cardinal told him a certain magic guild is searching for the Infinity Clock and that they must stop them. They didn't go searching for the clock pieces first it seem, but rather to stop whoever else was trying to get them. Almost like a race. We don't really know what guild he was talking about. In their eyes, FT is doing the wrong thing by bringing the clock pieces together. But then again, we don't know for sure if it was FT that the Cardinal was talking about. Plus, it was said in the last episode there is a traitor in Zentopia.

So many questions lol. I still think that sadistic teddy bear set them against each other.
sergel02 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-07-17, 02:04   Link #4802
Kafriel
Senior Guest

It's still the same though; jackpot is one person, it would take a far longer time for him to go to all separate locations and would be more likely to fail if he went at it solo. If another guild was looking for them, tracing and stopping that guild should have taken priority over finding the clock pieces.

Quote:
I still think that sadistic teddy bear set them against each other.
Very likely, teddy bears are evil and carnivorous, forget about that honey stuff :P

Quote:
Plus, it was said in the last episode there is a traitor in Zentopia.
My money is on the silver bobcut guy.
Kafriel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-07-17, 02:04   Link #4803
Krono

Quote:
Originally Posted by sergel02 View Post
Unless someone else wanted it. Like Jackpot. Right now he seems to play the role of an observer just watching the two sides battle each other out, and then gets the prize in the end.

The Archbishop said in episode 138 that the Cardinal told him a certain magic guild is searching for the Infinity Clock and that they must stop them. They didn't go searching for the clock pieces first it seem, but rather to stop whoever else was trying to get them. Almost like a race. We don't really know what guild he was talking about. In their eyes, FT is doing the wrong thing by bringing the clock pieces together. But then again, we don't know for sure if it was FT that the Cardinal was talking about. Plus, it was said in the last episode there is a traitor in Zentopia.

So many questions lol. I still think that sadistic teddy bear set them against each other.
The thing is, they more or less couldn't be talking about Fairy Tail, as Fairy Tail didn't begin searching for the clock until after Legion attacked them, and that scene appears to have been before then.

Plus Jackpot is apparently part of the new OS, and was apparently searching for information on the clock before then.
Krono is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-07-17, 02:21   Link #4804
sergel02

^
^
Who's the silver bobcat?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Krono View Post
The thing is, they more or less couldn't be talking about Fairy Tail, as Fairy Tail didn't begin searching for the clock until after Legion attacked them, and that scene appears to have been before then.

Plus Jackpot is apparently part of the new OS, and was apparently searching for information on the clock before then.

I was thinking that too, so I'm guessing someone else was searching for it before FT, or someone knew about it and was planting info.

Also there is the stuff about someone spreading info about FT's search as well.

My guess, we'll probably find out a lot of things this week. I wonder if Angel sounds like an old crow, because she still looks like one. Wonder what her powers how though, since i saw some teleportation.
Old 2012-07-17, 05:51   Link #4805
Kafriel
Senior Guest

Quote:
Who's the silver bobcat?
The priest who watched the bishop go crazy, he's also in the OP.
Kafriel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-07-17, 06:12   Link #4806
Dextro
He Without a Title

Quote:
Originally Posted by alekos23 View Post
personally i think that he's brain :P
he used to refer to people ( his enemies and cobra when he shot him ) as maggots
I got the feeling that the Cardinal might be Brain as well. By the end of the episode my brain was screaming that out to me.
Old 2012-07-18, 02:18   Link #4807
Shuuda
Sniped.

Send a message via MSN to Shuuda
Long haired Angel and bald Erigor. Phwoar! This arc just got easier on the eyes.
Shuuda is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-07-18, 23:39   Link #4808
sergel02

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shuuda View Post
Long haired Angel and bald Erigor. Phwoar! This arc just got easier on the eyes.
She does look a lot better with long hair. Still hate her though. But i like how she's written.
Old 2012-07-20, 21:24   Link #4809
sergel02

Angel's new magic is creeeeeeeepy.

Wonder if the Cardinal is Jackpot. Or in on them. Lol this is a hard arc to watch one episode at a time.
Old 2012-07-20, 21:53   Link #4810
immblueversion

Spoiler for Episode 140:

I just know what you should be doing.
immblueversion is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-07-20, 22:03   Link #4811
ars89
One-Eyed Dragon

Spoiler for ep 140:
Old 2012-07-20, 23:29   Link #4812
Kaijo
Banned

Location: Somewhere over the rainbow, in a house dropped on an ugly, old woman.
Send a message via AIM to Kaijo Send a message via MSN to Kaijo
Not that bad of an ep, but I am getting a bit tired of enemies that show up and show how incredibly strong they are, that the heroes are absolutely no match for them. As if outsmarting or manipulating wasn't enough.

FT is either gonna need an instant powerup, or there is going to have to be some major glaring weakness to defeat those guys.
Kaijo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-07-21, 02:16   Link #4813
MechR

Quote:
Originally Posted by alekos23 View Post
personally i think that he's brain :P
he used to refer to people ( his enemies and cobra when he shot him ) as maggots
Glad it's not just me who suspects that. It's hard to tell if the sameface is intentional or not

Quote:
Originally Posted by ars89 View Post
Spoiler for ep 140:
That's something that bugged me too. I have to assume they escaped a while ago and nobody noticed. Maybe the Cardinal only visited periodically to renew the decoys.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kaijo View Post
FT is either gonna need an instant powerup, or there is going to have to be some major glaring weakness to defeat those guys.
Funny you should mention that... the manga kinda makes that impossible for this arc. I, too, am wondering how the heck they're supposed to beat these guys.
MechR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-07-21, 05:06   Link #4814
ookamigirl

Spoiler for Episode 140:

Guess they'll never change...
Spoiler for episode 140:

Those Zentopian guys and their ways... don't like it one bit.

My Blog --> ookami
ookamigirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-07-21, 08:15   Link #4815
Kaijo
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by MechR View Post
Funny you should mention that... the manga kinda makes that impossible for this arc. I, too, am wondering how the heck they're supposed to beat these guys.
I have been reading the manga, so I know what you're referring to, which makes me wonder as well. From that light, and my theory, I kinda understand why the OS guys might be stronger now. Still makes it odd, then, how they might defeat OS. Probably going to be a glaring weakness, once their magic is figured out.

With the Legion guys, I figured their weakness was in the fact that they needed an object to use their magic; separate them from their object, and they are mostly powerless.

On that note, I'm wondering why Byron was so easily defeated. It was shown that he could nullify any magic no matter what it was or what direction it came at him from... so why was Midnight so easily able to hit him? Why did Dan's shield not repel the magic?

There better be some really good explanations here, or it reeks of plot contrivance.
Old 2012-07-21, 08:46   Link #4816
immblueversion

Quote:
I have been reading the manga, so I know what you're referring to, which makes me wonder as well. From that light, and my theory, I kinda understand why the OS guys might be stronger now. Still makes it odd, then, how they might defeat OS. Probably going to be a glaring weakness, once their magic is figured out.

With the Legion guys, I figured their weakness was in the fact that they needed an object to use their magic; separate them from their object, and they are mostly powerless.

On that note, I'm wondering why Byron was so easily defeated. It was shown that he could nullify any magic no matter what it was or what direction it came at him from... so why was Midnight so easily able to hit him? Why did Dan's shield not repel the magic?

There better be some really good explanations here, or it reeks of plot contrivance.
Remember when Gildarts fought Byro? The magic didn't affect Byro, but it did affect the area behind him. But when Midnight attacked, he "refracted the range of Byro's magic and attacked simultaneously" (according to the translation of what Jackpot said, anyway). Judging from the attacks on Byro and Dan look the same, he clearly did the same thing to both.

Old 2012-07-21, 09:04   Link #4817
Kaijo
Banned

I saw that "explanation" but it's practically technobabble. "Refracted" means to change the direction of something. How do you change the direction of range? "Range" doesn't have a vector, so there is nothing to change. Byro simply nullifies any magic that comes close enough.

For Midnight to hit, he'd have to nullify the nullification.
Old 2012-07-21, 11:53   Link #4818
immblueversion

Quote:
I saw that "explanation" but it's practically technobabble. "Refracted" means to change the direction of something. How do you change the direction of range? "Range" doesn't have a vector, so there is nothing to change. Byro simply nullifies any magic that comes close enough.

For Midnight to hit, he'd have to nullify the nullification.
Maybe that's what he did to Byro's stick.

Old 2012-07-21, 14:57   Link #4819
Shuuda
Sniped.

Send a message via MSN to Shuuda
I am the only one who thinks Midnight actually looks more manly now? Not by much though. The coat is sweet.
Shuuda is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-07-21, 17:12   Link #4820
Tempest35
Awe of She
*Author

^ Maybe because he looks more like a pimp than anything else, whereas he looked liked the one being pimped from before?

Tags
action, adventure, fantasy, shounen