AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Current Series > One Piece

Notices

Closed Thread

Old 2012-12-12, 09:51   Link #21
Somnus
Eh?

Quote:
Originally Posted by khoa1708 View Post
according to the translation the NW pirates said some stuff that was pretty interesting...

"Joker's gonna make his move"
"It's probably the LEAGUE"

which one looks like Rob Lucci? The one wearing the top hat?
The translation I read had nothing about this. If I'm guessing the correct place this should be, they're talking about "it's not just the underworld's problem" (in reference to Luffy and Law's alliance).

Of course, this also means Killer heard the news and by extension the other supernova alliance in the works. Oh the possibilities! (Of course, that's if the translation I'm following is actually correct)

Anyways, great chapter.
Old 2012-12-12, 10:08   Link #22
marvelB

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Small One View Post
Hm, so they were flying. This explains how they can be there before anything is over.
Though Dressrosa still needs to be very close; only minutes have passed since they got ordered to fly there and even with high speed it should take a while.

Was there EVER a need to doubt that Dofla's crew would reach PH before the Straw-Hats left the island? Personally, I'm not the least bit surprised that the both of them arrived at the time they did.

Anyways, as expected, Baby-5 is the thread's hot topic at the moment, but I'm pretty much in the minority of those who's more interested in Buffalo (who is NOT the loli from earlier. Yes James, I still remember our previous chat about that ). Cuz hey, now we've got some weirdo who has the power of flight AND wind! Seems like a pretty powerful combination to me. And as a member of Dofla's crew, he should be no pushover in a fight either....

But going back to Baby-5 for a bit: As strange as this may sound, I think she would actually be a more suitable opponent for Franky than just about any of the other Straw-Hats. Mainly because the both of them are weapon users. Maybe the maid even has her own mecha transformation.....
Old 2012-12-12, 10:36   Link #23
SilverSyko
Okuyasu the Bird

A maid character that uses incredibly oversized firearms and has a proficiency in combat with them....hmmmmm, now where have I seen this before? Heck she's probably an expy of the robot maid archetype in general. That aside, her quirk of getting off on being relied on by men (or maybe anybody?) is kind of amusing.

Buffalo's power is something I wouldn't have expected enabling him to fly. Pretty unique. I guess this counts as one of the very few known devil fruit powers that allow that now.

And Franky finally appears after god knows how many chapters of mysterious absence. His Iron Shogun mech suit obviously protects him from Shinokuni, but one has to wonder why he's waiting out there. With Oda there has to be a reason.

And Kinemon is dead. That's surprising. I suspect it won't be forever but how the heck is he going to be "revived"?

Anyway, Dressrosa is definitely looking like the next destination. Finally after such a long time since his introduction Doflamingo's going to get an arc villain role.~
Old 2012-12-12, 11:56   Link #24
khoa1708
www.kh0a.net

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Small One View Post
It's not really a matter of doubt or not. It's a matter of plausibility. After all they only had about two hours. Though coming by air is a nice solution to the problem.

I wonder if the fact, that a lot of the NW saw what Luffy is capable of in the transmission, is going to make it harder for the SH now, or not.
were they impressed with how luffy can hit a logia?
Old 2012-12-12, 11:57   Link #25
ellifeedn
Thinker

I think Franky was standing on the ship waiting for everyone else to come out.
Old 2012-12-12, 13:14   Link #26
Mr. E

Quote:
Originally Posted by SilverSyko View Post
Anyway, Dressrosa is definitely looking like the next destination. Finally after such a long time since his introduction Doflamingo's going to get an arc villain role.~
I'm thinking this has to be it. My guess is that Franky is going to get obliterated by Baby 5 and Buffalo (I love Franky, but against two high ranking Dofla officers? No chance.), then Luffy is going to be furious and go after Dofla while Law is more concerned about collecting Caesar.

Either that or Franky will have no idea what is going on and just let them walk away.
Old 2012-12-12, 13:52   Link #27
Animizzle
Cool as a Cucumber

Am I the only one who's getting slightly annoyed with Luffy's behaviour? I mean, of course, Luffy will be Luffy etc. But even after promising Zoro to get serious, this being the NW and all, he still fucks up and acts like a child in regards to his pact with Law.

I dunno. It ticked me of. Would be great for once to see some form of planning from that idiot. Wouldn't hurt his character development if he does so from time to time. Not too often of course.
Old 2012-12-12, 14:03   Link #28
Rainbowman

Quote:
Originally Posted by marvelB View Post
-Chapter title is "Assassins from Dresrosa". Once again, a color page takes the place of the ministory this week (and for the record, a third one will take next chapter's splash page, too). However, this one is just centered around the Straw-Hats this time (though the Jump cover is at least related to Film Z).
How often would this sort of thing happen?

Quote:
-Caesar desperately tries to convince Luffy to become his underling, but the rubber man won't have that. He then proceeds to blast away the scientist once and for all with his haki-powered Gear 3 Bazooka, which is dubbed Grizzly Magnum!
Looks like Grizzly Magnum outranks Elephant Gun in this fight.

Quote:
-The entire fight, including Caesar's loss, was featured on the underworld TV broadcast. We then see the various reactions of NW pirates who witnessed the battle, including Tamago and Pekoms (who decide to report the news to Big Mom), and apparently a dude who resembles Rob Lucci. We then cut back to PH where the Straw-Hats are still scrambling around. Unfortunately, it seems that Kinemon was infected by Shinokuni's gas while searching for his son.....
Looks like Law and Chopper will have to try to remove the poison somehow.

Quote:
-Most of the crew, as well as Law and Smoker (who have some SAD with them), reunite with Luffy. However, Law gets angry at his new partner after learning that Caesar was blasted away instead of being captured as originally planned, and forces him to search for the gas man.
Luffy did it again. But what's done is done because elsewhere...

Quote:
-We then cut to outside of the lab, where a plane is approaching PH. Aboard it is Doflamingo's assassin, Baby-5! She's also revealed to have a DF power: the Buki Buki (weapon) fruit. Also, the plane itself is the other member of the warlord's crew, Buffalo! He too has a DF power: The Guru Guru (spin) fruit. We learn that the reason Baby-5 is so angry at Dofla is because he kills her lovers, the most recent victim being the 8th one (though he does it because he's protective of her). As the two land on the island, Buffalo blows away some of the poison gas with his power, and they soon find Caesar flying toward them. They inform their boss of this, and the warlord, regaining his composure (and smile), orders them to take him back to Dresrosa immediately. As the two are about to depart with CC (they decide to abandon Vergo and Monet apparently), they notice that General Franky is nearby, watching them.....
Buki Buki and Guru Guru. Very Nice. I'm guessing Baby-5 wants to be pregnant with her own baby and Doflamingo must be preventing her chance. And what is it that makes him protective of her? Also, we apparently haven't seen the last of CC if Doflamingo has plans for him. And I assume Vergo and Monet will remain in a coma unless they have their own Mini-story series. Lastly, Franky must be curious on what Doflamingo's crewmembers are up to. This arc is almost finished now.
Old 2012-12-12, 14:13   Link #29
Blaat

Buffalo's face reminded me of the Joker (The Batman one)
Old 2012-12-12, 14:26   Link #30
Blackbeard D. Kuma

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr. E View Post
My guess is that Franky is going to get obliterated by Baby 5 and Buffalo (I love Franky, but against two high ranking Dofla officers? No chance.), then Luffy is going to be furious and go after Dofla while Law is more concerned about collecting Caesar.

Either that or Franky will have no idea what is going on and just let them walk away.
I have a strong feeling Baby 5 and Buffalo are considerably weaker than Vergo. After all, Vergo was Dofla's most-trusted subordinate. Within 15 years, he attained VA status and has thus become a noteworthy marine acting as a mole unbeknownst to them. That's some pretty big hype right there, and it's these pieces of info that make him exceptional/set him apart from his peers.

That being said, Franky can probably take either one down by himself. He hasn't made much of an impact in this arc, so now is the perfect opportunity to rectify that.
Old 2012-12-12, 14:29   Link #31
Dengar
Kamen Rider Muppeteer

Of course people want Baby 5 for nakama. What else is new?
Old 2012-12-12, 15:17   Link #32
Randrak42
ANEGO Worshiper

Quote:
Originally Posted by bigdeal000 View Post
Well, Luffy is naming his attacks after animals now. Red hawk, elephant gun, grizzly magnum. Maybe his experience on that island is what made him do that. I imagine him seeing a giant grizzly attacking with both arms and deciding: "I know, I'm gonna name my giant bazooka after him." It's good there's still a gun theme to them as well.
The Grizzly .45 Magnum is an actual RL gun BTW.
Old 2012-12-12, 15:29   Link #33
Randrak42
ANEGO Worshiper

All of Luffy's new Haki attacks are named after RL guns with animals in their names. What I wonder is why Oda chose to name Luffy's giant haki punch after an Elephant killing weapon but then named a much stronger attack after a smaller and weaker pistol.
Old 2012-12-12, 15:44   Link #34
Randrak42
ANEGO Worshiper

Quote:
Originally Posted by bigdeal000 View Post
And thus, the truth is revealed (am I the only one that had no idea?)
Yea...kinda?
Old 2012-12-12, 17:19   Link #35
marvelB

Quote:
Originally Posted by Animizzle View Post
Am I the only one who's getting slightly annoyed with Luffy's behaviour? I mean, of course, Luffy will be Luffy etc. But even after promising Zoro to get serious, this being the NW and all, he still fucks up and acts like a child in regards to his pact with Law.

I dunno. It ticked me of. Would be great for once to see some form of planning from that idiot. Wouldn't hurt his character development if he does so from time to time. Not too often of course.

The funny thing is, the scene where Luffy made that promise to Zoro was kind of a gag setup in the first place.

I get your point, though. You basically want to see more maturity in Luffy. I remember lots of folks had similar expectations during the chapters leading up to the timeskip. I think I was one of the only few in the minority who believed he wouldn't undergo some big change, though. Being simple-minded is.... just his nature. Plus, it was already established much, MUCH earlier in the series that he wouldn't tolerate people who treat their crew like trash (the Kuro arc, to be more specific). And seeing as Caesar really WAS a huge scumbag anyway, can you really blame Luffy for getting as angry as he did.....?

And honestly, if it's about planning, that's kind of what his crew is there for. Going back to East Blue again, Luffy had already admitted back then that he wouldn't be able to survive without his crew's help. So pardon me if I don't really expect a guy who loudly confessed such flaws to suddenly start formulating his own strategies. Frankly, I'm surprised that he even agreed to Law's alliance proposal on his own!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blackbeard D. Kuma View Post
I have a strong feeling Baby 5 and Buffalo are considerably weaker than Vergo. After all, Vergo was Dofla's most-trusted subordinate. Within 15 years, he attained VA status and has thus become a noteworthy marine acting as a mole unbeknownst to them. That's some pretty big hype right there, and it's these pieces of info that make him exceptional/set him apart from his peers.

Honestly, I think it's a little unfair to assume that both Baby-5 and Buffalo are THAT much weaker than Vergo. I mean, I also don't doubt that he's superior to the both of them, but that doesn't have to mean that there's such a huge gap between them (seeing as they're fellow members of Dofla's crew). Especially if the both of them are haki users.... again, I wouldn't doubt that Vergo has more advanced mastery of haki over them, but that doesn't mean that they couldn't use it in some rather unique ways.....

That being said, I'm actually a little surprised that there hasn't been much talk about the following:

-Oda once again making a gag out of something "serious". Last arc we had that whole Sanji nosebleed thing that literally led to a life-or-death situation. Now here we have this whole deal with Baby-5's quirk of being insecure, which results in her losing money AND lovers! And again, such misery is being treated as a gag! Personally, I don't have a problem with it, but considering how many people were griping about Sanji nearly dying from horniness last arc, I'm surprised nobody else has taken issue with Baby-5's plight so far.

-The top hat guy who may or may not be Lucci. Considering how popular he seems to be around these parts, I figured more people would be speculating about how he's potentially become a major force in the NW or something. Personally, I don't care much about the guy myself, but I actually am interested in seeing what became of him and the rest of the old CP9 since that ministory.....

Last edited by marvelB; 2012-12-12 at 17:35.
Old 2012-12-12, 17:51   Link #36
Kizoku Keenan
ばか =)

I think a lot of people are over looking Mr Peakoms and his partner viewing the punk hazard's occurrences....maybe a clear sign of big mum using the zoan army?

I think Luffy being forever immature is 100% fine by me. Luffy will always be Luffy love him or hate him.

Go Franky Go. He will somehow manage to stop Ceasar from being taken..somehow.

I'd love to have BABY 5 as a new nakama....but I agree that her powers clash with frankies but still she's an immediate hit.
Old 2012-12-12, 18:03   Link #37
coodie29

Send a message via Yahoo to coodie29
IMO franky advantage over baby 5 is his laser... Aside from the marines, they're the only pirate who has one...
Old 2012-12-12, 18:10   Link #38
Frenchie
Shougi Génération
*Graphic Designer

Send a message via MSN to Frenchie
Quote:
-Oda once again making a gag out of something "serious". Last arc we had that whole Sanji nosebleed thing that literally led to a life-or-death situation. Now here we have this whole deal with Baby-5's quirk of being insecure, which results in her losing money AND lovers! And again, such misery is being treated as a gag! Personally, I don't have a problem with it, but considering how many people were griping about Sanji nearly dying from horniness last arc, I'm surprised nobody else has taken issue with Baby-5's plight so far.
Mostly male readership.
Old 2012-12-12, 18:32   Link #39
Tommy
Mr. Prince

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kanon View Post
That works too. In fact, it could be even better. Instead of confessing, he'd just ask to see her panties and she'd fall head over heels for him.
In for Brooke finally getting his request granted.
Old 2012-12-12, 18:44   Link #40
james0246

Does anyone else find the cover colour page a little weird. Particularly the small section with Usopp and Robin....
Closed Thread