AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > To Aru Majutsu no Index

Notices

Old 2013-05-09, 11:19   Link #3461
demino_hellsin
That one guy

They know he's multi-skill. But the lack of progress into higher levels due to general idiocy that let him achieve multi-skill in the first place makes him useless. His logic goes along the lines of:

"If I wnted to make all the water in the world into tartar sauce then I would keep working on it till I succeed. Why? Tartar sauce is awesome. But it isn't tartar sauce right? That's because I don't want water to become tartar sauce, it'd make my powdered juices taste weird when I mix them."

demino_hellsin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-05-09, 11:28   Link #3462
faiz blaster

On a side note, I believe that the latest To Aru game had something to say on the Dual-Skill/Multi-Skill subject.
Old 2013-05-09, 18:01   Link #3463
MeisterBabylon
~ Your Smile ~
*Author

Which was 'unpossible!' iirc.
Old 2013-05-09, 18:35   Link #3464
Chaos2Frozen
We're Back

For humans.
Chaos2Frozen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-05-09, 20:09   Link #3465
demino_hellsin
That one guy

The ability to control energy should be able to grant him all of those abilities. Then again the ability to control energy is like merging Touma and accelerator in one.
Old 2013-05-09, 21:40   Link #3466
Dyingbreath

Quote:
Originally Posted by demino_hellsin View Post
The ability to control energy should be able to grant him all of those abilities. Then again the ability to control energy is like merging Touma and accelerator in one.
You could do it by controlling one thing and using it to control the others. Control of oxygen would allow aerokinesis and pyrokinesis, control of water would allow you to create lightning by friction between water particles in the air which would also allow control of air itself.
You could say that he can control oxygen bonding which would allow him to control both oxygen in air and oxygen in water (the O in H2O) and then say that other things are too complex for him to control so he doesn't get overpowered.
Dyingbreath is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-05-09, 22:09   Link #3467
demino_hellsin
That one guy

What bout just causing oxygen to shift electrons? That way the charge is directly from oxygen

The limitation is pretty sever though. As he's consuming oxygen while he uses his powers

Better yet why not just choke his opponents by keeping oxygen away from him?
Old 2013-05-10, 22:28   Link #3468
demino_hellsin
That one guy

Hmmm how about...

Access(Level 0)
-- Access is not a true ESPer ability per se but it was developed by the power development curriculum so they were forced to accept it as such. It's considered a useless ability as it only allows the user to adapt. So to speak, the owner of the ability's body will never undergo any physiological abnormality such as illnesses or even organ rejection. The body is capable of adapting to any internal changes on a micro or macro-level. So to speak if you introduce a virus into the body, the immune system will effectively destroy it. If he accepts an organ transplant, even from another animal, his body won't reject it.

Due to this abnormal type of ability, he was chosen for an experimental project known as upgrade. Scientists wondered how it would be possible to grant a normal person ESPer powers without forcing them to use the drug approach. The interesting prospect turned to machines. However a different project was already heading the cyborg program. So instead they changed their thesis into something a bit different. "How far could they push the human body without sacrificing their humanity?". So they developed a unique memory system. It analyzes brainwaves and records a core reference brainwave. Similar brainwaves would update into it as time passes. They built it into nanomachines and injected them into Access. It took a few injections before Access' immune system began to adapt to them and regulated them inside the body, seeing them as benign.

The nanomachines are capable of "jacking" into nerves of Access body and transmit their brainwaves directly into the nervous system. This feeds Access the alternative brainwaves which turn up as split personalities. The experiment is a success. As regular cases of split personality were drawn from people who had originally one personality split into two, the case would be two people with the same core ability but the application is variedthat it resembles different powers. But with Access' nanomachines, he gained 4 new personalities which are completely separate from the original. However these personalities aren't truly alive and only manifest as ESPer powers and slight spikes in Access' emotional spectrum.

does this work?
Old 2013-05-11, 01:05   Link #3469
MeisterBabylon
~ Your Smile ~
*Author

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chaos2Frozen View Post
For humans.
You are implying that there are aliens asides from Aiwass and Kazakiri. Which insofar I haven't seen any evidence of.

We deal with original characters, but I do believe involving beings from another plane requires much taste. And even then will take some convincing to be taken seriously or the plot device or carriage would risk being dismissed as a convenient or at worst convoluted deus ex machina.

Even the fact that the PSP game even with the presence of Kamachi’s overmind involved time travel was enough for some Toaruists to call for excommunicating it from canon. Some go even further to consider the Railgun anime, also produced with Kamachi’s hand, to be even more non-canon because of 1) “JC Staff shenanigans” and 2) “too advanced technology.” The best I’ve heard was some calling the NT novels non-canon for the overtechnology being used.

These "Roman Catholic Critics" are what drowns you in tears and I was hoping to let you guys know before you go headlong into really bad territory.

Last edited by MeisterBabylon; 2013-05-11 at 01:28.
MeisterBabylon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-05-11, 01:56   Link #3470
Chaos2Frozen
We're Back

Alien Wizards.

I'm not kidding.
Old 2013-05-11, 02:05   Link #3471
MeisterBabylon
~ Your Smile ~
*Author

Quote:
Alien Wizards.

I'm not kidding.
You've thoroughly lost me now. Could you elaborate? I care not for spoilers, because canonicity is paramount in my work. And unlike the RCC who have selectively canonized their definition of absolute canon, I take anything that Kamachi has produced as justification.

Btw, Toaru alien wizards has me thinking of gynous eldritch gods of moe destruction...
Old 2013-05-11, 02:47   Link #3472
Chaos2Frozen
We're Back

There's a short side story called Mars SS.

There's strong indication of Martians.

And the one helping them is a Magician.

Alien Wizards.
Old 2013-05-11, 03:07   Link #3473
OverNOut
The Obsever

Quote:

Alien Wizards.
I thought the one helping "them" was an esper and it was the magician who wanted to destroy them.
OverNOut is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-05-11, 03:23   Link #3474
Chaos2Frozen
We're Back

Quote:
Originally Posted by OverNOut View Post
I thought the one helping "them" was an esper and it was the magician who wanted to destroy them.
I can't remember the details- I'm still stuck on

Quote:
“Don’t get so down. I thought you did quite well.”

“…”

“Really, though. I was shocked when you managed to bring that pursuit helicopter down with only that net gun. You really must have a talent for that kind of thing to get the net caught in the rotor like that.”

“That doesn’t make me happy!! What kind of talent is that anyway!? How is that every going to be useful in normal life!?” Kamijou shouted back, but Fleiss-san must have been used to getting others caught up in dangerous situations because she showed no sign of being bothered by it.
Old 2013-05-11, 03:59   Link #3475
demino_hellsin
That one guy

Access doesn't have a limiter so he can probably achieve level 5 in all his abilities. Unlike with other abilities. The ones he gets from project upgrade aren't related to his calculative ability or personal reality at all. All of that is on the nanomachines. They get stronger the more powerful opponents of the same type of ability faced. But level 5 requires intricate understanding and manipulation of the ability. Access does not have that and even if he did, to reach level 5 he needs to fight a level 5 of the sme ability or fight hundreds upon hundreds of level 4's.
Old 2013-05-11, 04:08   Link #3476
MeisterBabylon
~ Your Smile ~
*Author

Quote:

Alien Wizards.
Toaru wiki says:

Toaru Majutsu no Index: Mars SS is short story featuring microbe of Mars.

...what the flying fuck? And why would anyone help microbes?!
Old 2013-05-11, 04:29   Link #3477
OverNOut
The Obsever

Quote:
Originally Posted by MeisterBabylon View Post
Toaru wiki says:

Toaru Majutsu no Index: Mars SS is short story featuring microbe of Mars.

...what the flying fuck? And why would anyone help microbes?!
Spoiler for Mars SS:
OverNOut is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-05-11, 04:30   Link #3478
Chaos2Frozen
We're Back

Kha doesn't yet realized the importance of finding life on other planets... Let alone Intelligent life...
Old 2013-05-11, 05:10   Link #3479
MeisterBabylon
~ Your Smile ~
*Author

They were microbes that were SENTIENT?! I wasn't told about this!!

Kataru and the Enterprise would be totally all over this discovery!! And self-aware enough to have powerz? The hell, this isn't even Toaru, its STAR TREK.

I assume the mage was successful in eradicating those heretical entities therefore I still have nothing to write about.
Old 2013-05-11, 05:15   Link #3480
Chaos2Frozen
We're Back

Quote:
Originally Posted by MeisterBabylon View Post
I assume the mage was successful in eradicating those heretical entities therefore I still have nothing to write about.
For the ending...

Spoiler:

Tags
character, crack, crossover ideas, discussion, fanfiction