AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > General > Video Games

Notices

Old 2009-08-29, 09:59   Link #341
Kyero Fox
Tastes Cloudy

Quote:
Originally Posted by yezhanquan View Post
I'll certainly try out the female Witch Doctor and Monk.

Now, if they have a decent-looking lady PC wearing heavy armour and kicking ass, I'm sold.
eye candy lover huh? eh to each his own. too bad the games gonna be birds eye :P so no staring at ur chars cleavage
Old 2009-08-29, 12:51   Link #342
SaintessHeart
NYAAAAHAAANNNNN~

Quote:
Originally Posted by Narona View Post
I should not find that enjoyable imo , but I had fun trying to steal items from salesmen, and rare NPC (Like Drizzt) in BG2 >.>

Might be fun if they implement the possibility to steal items in D3 XD

On the topic of the female characters, the Amazon looked quite good in D2
I thought she looked horrible. The Assassin looks better. The sorceress looks totally turn-off, so I was hoping there would be a megane mod for the female wizard in D3.

It would be nice to have a steal capability in Diablo, but it should be like Chinese Paladin's mechanic of stealing in the MIDST OF COMBAT, resulting in rare items (stealing from a dragon can beget a stat increasing pearl, which adds +1 to all stats).

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kyero Fox View Post
eye candy lover huh? eh to each his own. too bad the games gonna be birds eye :P so no staring at ur chars cleavage
Damn there is no fun then.

I was hoping that they have a support class like the Paladin to play with. A RPG without a support class is twice as boring as Neverwinter Nights without the Harper Agent.

Also I hope the game mechanics won't be too retarded. I was playing Lost Planet on PC and the camera angle is total shit. Implementing the grappling hook without free-look camera angle is totally retarded, so I hope there is no "falling into chasm while jumping across breakaway" in this game.

RANDOM : I suddenly have a good idea. Why not replace the sound file for the "Disintegrate" spell with "MOE MOE....KYUN!" instead of "Bzzztt!"? And we can colour the beam pink!

When three puppygirls named after pastries are on top of each other, it is called Eclair a'la menthe et Biscotti aux fraises avec beaucoup de Ricotta sur le dessus.
Most of all, you have to be disciplined and you have to save, even if you hate our current financial system. Because if you don't save, then you're guaranteed to end up with nothing.
SaintessHeart is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-08-29, 13:05   Link #343
Kusa-San
I'll end it before April.

The monk should have some support skill I think.
Old 2009-08-30, 13:52   Link #344
Kyero Fox
Tastes Cloudy

Quote:
Originally Posted by SaintessHeart View Post
I thought she looked horrible. The Assassin looks better. The sorceress looks totally turn-off, so I was hoping there would be a megane mod for the female wizard in D3.

It would be nice to have a steal capability in Diablo, but it should be like Chinese Paladin's mechanic of stealing in the MIDST OF COMBAT, resulting in rare items (stealing from a dragon can beget a stat increasing pearl, which adds +1 to all stats).

Damn there is no fun then.

I was hoping that they have a support class like the Paladin to play with. A RPG without a support class is twice as boring as Neverwinter Nights without the Harper Agent.

Also I hope the game mechanics won't be too retarded. I was playing Lost Planet on PC and the camera angle is total shit. Implementing the grappling hook without free-look camera angle is totally retarded, so I hope there is no "falling into chasm while jumping across breakaway" in this game.

RANDOM : I suddenly have a good idea. Why not replace the sound file for the "Disintegrate" spell with "MOE MOE....KYUN!" instead of "Bzzztt!"? And we can colour the beam pink!
i just hope they make something like Paladins from D2, insane killers of the holy light XD Lightning paladin ftw XD
Old 2009-08-31, 02:19   Link #345
Oppius
Banned

What classes will be available in this game? I hope Paladin will be there too.
Oppius is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-08-31, 02:55   Link #346
Jazzrat
Bearly Legal

Quote:
Originally Posted by Oppius View Post
What classes will be available in this game? I hope Paladin will be there too.
Announced so far are

Barbarian = standard heavy armored melee
Witch Doctor = Necromancer but with voodoo magic?
Wizard = Sorcereress 2.0
Monk = Assassin with a holy twist

I highly doubt we ll get to see Paladin again as Monk have taken the holy warrior role of the game. Assuming if they kept it to 5 class release as Diablo 2 was, then the last one would most likely be a range user... then again, there's no iron fist on just having 5 class to choose from.
Old 2009-08-31, 03:36   Link #347
Xacual

Blizzard stated that there would be only 5 classes at release, that was a while ago though.

I was influenced by a certain group overflowing with madness and started trying to write a story. Please give it a try. Crashed into Fantasy
Xacual is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-08-31, 07:32   Link #348
brocko

Well, there's always the expansions... whenever they come out.

Last class will almost definitely be a ranger type class imo, just depends on what to name it and what type of twist they'll decide to add to the class. Archers, rogues, and thieves have all been done to death already so I'm kinda anticipating what they'll manage to come up with this time.

http://www.freerice.com/ - For each word you get right, 10 grains of rice is donated through the UN to help end world hunger.
brocko is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-08-31, 07:37   Link #349
Narona
Emotionless White Face

Amazon/archer/rogue type class please

(iirc, that would please Daniel.E too )
Narona is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-08-31, 08:50   Link #350
Kusa-San

Maybe something like an archer Elf with nature support skill ? (a mix between the druid and the amazon from D2)
Old 2009-08-31, 09:01   Link #351
brocko

The idea does seem pretty refreshing, but they'd have to call it something other than an elf (though a dark elf may barely possibly pass). I really can't imagine the Lord of Terror being slain by an elf though to be honest lol

http://www.freerice.com/ - For each word you get right, 10 grains of rice is donated through the UN to help end world hunger.
brocko is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-08-31, 09:07   Link #352
Kusa-San

A Night Elf then, like in Warcraft 3 It would be great ( with the power to be invisible and all like the Night Elf archer in Warcraft 3)
Old 2009-08-31, 09:22   Link #353
synaesthetic
blinded by blood
*Author

Send a message via AIM to synaesthetic
There are only humans in Sanctuary. No tree-hugging purple elves, just badass humans, woot!

5th class should be Pirate (Corsair?).

You know it'd be awesome.

Hybrid melee/ranged class. Guns and cutlasses, yo ho ho and a bottle of rum!

Quote:
Originally Posted by SaintessHeart View Post
Two words:

Mikuru Beam.
Old 2009-08-31, 10:25   Link #354
zibi88

Well by looking on may videos we can notice 1thing that it seems the classes are kinda made for cooperateing play... like they want to put more into coop mode than solo play..... like last blizzcon movies about monk.... we notice in few moments that all classes are together fighting masses of enemies... (barb, wiz, doc and monk)

And well all those fights were kinda fast...... so a ranger/hunter class seems possible but it gives the feeling that this class might be to slow to deal with such huge mass monters (well maybe if its teh elf from LotR)

for now I would play a wiz/monk class... doc is hmmm it doesnt give the same feeling as neco from D2 ^^ (it looks more like a shaman [similar to wow] ) and barb well it was pure in D2 so not much exited about this.... (Iwould prefer to switch him with paladin class like char. )
zibi88 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-08-31, 10:45   Link #355
Kusa-San

Quote:
Originally Posted by synaesthetic View Post
There are only humans in Sanctuary. No tree-hugging purple elves, just badass humans, woot!

5th class should be Pirate (Corsair?).

You know it'd be awesome.

Hybrid melee/ranged class. Guns and cutlasses, yo ho ho and a bottle of rum!
You're serious O_o There is only humans in this World ? I want my night elf archer

And I don't think a Pirate class fit the univers either

Quote:
Originally Posted by zibi88
for now I would play a wiz/monk class... doc is hmmm it doesnt give the same feeling as neco from D2 ^^ (it looks more like a shaman [similar to wow] ) and barb well it was pure in D2 so not much exited about this.... (Iwould prefer to switch him with paladin class like char. )
Same here, I would most likely play a monk. It seems to be a very fast fighter and I love fast fighter
Old 2009-08-31, 13:18   Link #356
zibi88

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kusa-San View Post

Same here, I would most likely play a monk. It seems to be a very fast fighter and I love fast fighter
well too fast fights are bad too XD becouse at one point we will lose sight of what is going on on the battlefield XD (usually happens with lots of enemies surrounding you.... you dont know where your char is or who he should attack first XD)
zibi88 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-09-02, 00:39   Link #357
Daniel E.
AniMexican!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Narona View Post
Amazon/archer/rogue type class please

(iirc, that would please Daniel.E too )
Amen to this!

If nothing like the Amazon is included, I could always start playing with a female monk and just take it from there.
Old 2009-09-02, 01:16   Link #358
Jazzrat
Bearly Legal

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kusa-San View Post
You're serious O_o There is only humans in this World ? I want my night elf archer

And I don't think a Pirate class fit the univers either
Yep, only humans, angels and demons in Diablo. So keep those damn pointy ears off my diablo

I vote for a ranger/stalker sort of range class. Bow & dual wielding + traps like what assassin has. Having a pet would be nice too though i'm not sure if they want another pet class.

Sorta like a hunter in WoW.
Old 2009-09-02, 01:34   Link #359
SaintessHeart
NYAAAAHAAANNNNN~

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jazzrat View Post
Yep, only humans, angels and demons in Diablo. So keep those damn pointy ears off my diablo

I vote for a ranger/stalker sort of range class. Bow & dual wielding + traps like what assassin has. Having a pet would be nice too though i'm not sure if they want another pet class.

Sorta like a hunter in WoW.
No catgirls? Damn!

If you want trap wielding I would rather you play Aion as a Ranger. In D2 the trap skill set is so lame and useless that rarely do I see someone playing a trap Assassin for fun.

Maybe they will introduce both a Ranger and healing-support class. It would be fun to have a support class that has many stack buffs available to make it at potent solo class at high levels.

P.S Maybe I should join the modding community. Making the female witch doctor being able to summon killer bunnies, kemonomimis and many other cute-looking-yet-ferocious-animals may help increase players around the world.

When three puppygirls named after pastries are on top of each other, it is called Eclair a'la menthe et Biscotti aux fraises avec beaucoup de Ricotta sur le dessus.
Most of all, you have to be disciplined and you have to save, even if you hate our current financial system. Because if you don't save, then you're guaranteed to end up with nothing.
SaintessHeart is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-09-02, 01:58   Link #360
synaesthetic
blinded by blood
*Author

Send a message via AIM to synaesthetic
swap wizard female sprite with Marisa

make Disintegrate green-blue-yellow and much wider

MASTER SPARK BITCHES

Tags
arpg, blizzard, dungeon crawler