Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > General > General Chat

Notices

Old 2007-07-19, 21:03   Link #1
Kaioshin Sama
Banned

Send a message via MSN to Kaioshin Sama
Concert For Diana (2007)

As many are probably aware, the tenth anniversary of the tragic death of Diana Princess of Wales is fast approaching and tonight I got a chance to see part of the July 1st memorial concert on TV. So much power and raw emotion went into this whole event at Wembley Stadium and over 60,000 people attended, many with pictures of the late Princess Diana to show their regard for her legacy. The event was organized by Prince Harry and Prince William and rarely have I been so touched by the human races ability to come together as one, not just to remember one of the most influential individuals of our time, but to show the will of the human spirit to act as one for the greater good. That greater good was in the money raised for the concert going to notable charities that were founded or supported by Princess Diana including the Diana, Princess of Wales Memorial Fund. Exactly what she would have wanted. It's so fulfilling to see how much good her name and memory can still do even after ten years, and I'm sure Princes Harry and William had that in mind with the concert as well.

Guests included British Royalty as well as celebrities like Kiefer Sutherland and the American Idol Judges (minus Paula Adbul) and host Ryan Seacrest. Bill Clinton, Nelson Mandela and Tony Blair also had pre-recorded messages played during the event. Some of the performances I saw were Elton John, Duran Duran, Josh Groban and Sarah Brightman, Rod Stewart, P.Diddy, Kanye West and James Morrison

WOW.....
Kaioshin Sama is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-07-19, 22:09   Link #2
faustianideals
Disabled By Request

I'll definitely watch it if it's televised in the USA. My mother was born in the UK, so we sorta pay attention to what goes on over there. Heh, my mom sorta cried during the Princess Diana funeral. I would have too if I were old enough to understand wtf was going on.
faustianideals is offline   Reply With Quote