AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Retired > Retired A-L > Little Busters

Notices

View Poll Results: Little Busters - Episode 12 Rating
Perfect 10 2 5.56%
9 out of 10 : Excellent 12 33.33%
8 out of 10 : Very Good 12 33.33%
7 out of 10 : Good 7 19.44%
6 out of 10 : Average 2 5.56%
5 out of 10 : Below Average 1 2.78%
4 out of 10 : Poor 0 0%
3 out of 10 : Bad 0 0%
2 out of 10 : Very Bad 0 0%
1 out of 10 : Painful 0 0%
Voters: 36. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread

Old 2012-12-23, 22:28   Link #21
Master_Yoma
Nekokota Festival

5 yen or 10,000 yen just showing how much Kyousuke is an idot he can just let go
Old 2012-12-23, 22:41   Link #22
Archon_Wing
On a mission
*Author

Send a message via MSN to Archon_Wing
Great episode. Mio is cute.

I'll elaborate later.

Avatar/Sig courtesy of TheEroKing
Guild Wars 2 SN: ArchonWing.9480
MyAnimeList || Reviews
Old 2012-12-24, 08:05   Link #23
Guardian Enzo
Seishu's Ace
*Author

I'm finding the humor pretty funny most of the time too, and sometimes downright hilarious. It is, as has been said, an extremely subjective thing.
Old 2012-12-24, 09:57   Link #24
matrixhazard

I really like how people are now talking and making a theory about Mio right now. Looks like this episode made a lot of interest to audience.

Hope this will turn the tide for anime to have more audience
Old 2012-12-24, 12:13   Link #25
Stundedx

Man, I'm itching to tell you guys what Mio's problem is.., but i guess you just have to find out, think about it! This is Key we're talking about!
Old 2012-12-24, 13:01   Link #26
Meltyred

From the look of the preview of next episode..
It looks like Mio arc will be condensed into 2 episodes...
Maybe it will stretch to 3 if they don't hate Mio...
But it felt way too rushed...
Old 2012-12-24, 23:55   Link #27
kitten320

For most part I don't really like humor here because of how dumb characters are. Some parts are good but otherwise I just want to face palm. It's like if they are studying at low IQ school =/

Anyway onto good parts... a new arc! Finally!
Does seem promising so far.

I'm betting on split personality since we already have twin sisters (at least I can't picture those two purple heads to be anyone else) with problems. We also already have a dead brother so having dead sister ghost is also not very smart. It would be repetitive.

Mio seems to know about this "someone", could be her protection mechanism just like with last arc. Though I duno about the reason... she also said that she is out of time, possible brain illness?

Last edited by kitten320; 2012-12-25 at 00:26.
Old 2012-12-25, 01:19   Link #28
Archon_Wing
On a mission
*Author

Send a message via MSN to Archon_Wing
Well, the main issue I had with LB is that the cast seems excessively immature, though Riki has been somewhat better, and now Mio. I mean it's a bit funny at times like the cell phone screw around scene. I sometimes like to mess with my friends by calling them on the phone when they're right in front of me. There's nothing wrong with some silly fun every now and then, but for the most part Little Busters has been really lacking in balance. Everyone's just constantly fucking around and I'm just like, the cast is one of the most screwball idiot casts I've seen in a while since Hana Saku Iroha, and wonder why Mari Okada's over there.

It doesn't mean I hate them. A lot of Key characters are umm on the "special" side, but I find them endearing because they really mean well deep down. And they really do care for each other, so I actually think the group cohesion for Little Busters is very strong as opposed to Air/Kanon/Clannad where it often feels like characters are parts of quests or something and then you move on. It's also no surprise that Angel Beats most likely took from LB. Though it's sorta funny that Angel Beats, of which I consider the worst of any Key story has the cast as a whole clicks the best.

Mio helps the anime a lot, not just because I like that kind of personality but because her character is more subtle and that is something Little Busters really needs. She's not just a straight deadpan character that's there to show how stupid every one is as shown by her somewhat odd interest in shipping and her rather secretive ways of messing with people. So it seems like she wants to have fun though nobody really understands her and apparently she has given up, because it's "too late". Is she dying from UKD (Unspecified Key Disease)? Many signs point to that, or she could be crazy.

It could also be seen that she doesn't want to be there at all and that not all the books can be read. Ironically, I think it's actually the fact that you can't possibly learn or read about everything that makes life fun, since there's always more. But Mio seems to be stuck in a dead mindset and most likely feels unable to change what is going on. That reminds me of "It's a miracle because it doesn't happen." from an earlier Key work. Ahhh, ignorance is bliss sometimes.

It also helps that Riki is one of the more sensible people in the cast too, so they sorta interact nicely with each other. So overall, I'd say the setup for this plotline seems to have much more meaning though hopefully they won't fuck it up by taking one of two polarized extremes that Key constantly undermines themselves with (aka, DEATH or the problem fixes itself without adding any meaning)

Avatar/Sig courtesy of TheEroKing
Guild Wars 2 SN: ArchonWing.9480
MyAnimeList || Reviews
Old 2012-12-26, 16:35   Link #29
NoemiChan
Banned

Send a message via Yahoo to NoemiChan
Where in the world is the story heading.........
Old 2013-01-23, 21:27   Link #30
Marcus H.
Princess or Plunderer?

The Mysterious Parasol Lady, despite Riki's attempts to bring her closer to his circle of friends, remains elusive, returning to her habit of reading books at the comfort of her sun-basked umbrella. However, Riki continues to reach out to her, driven by his curiosity to know more about her. Meanwhile, a mysterious girl who enjoys the embrace of the sun appears...

I agree to the comments of many regarding Mio. She's a mysterious beauty, and she has this appeal that brings me closer to her in a different way that Anego would (). In a sense, she is a Pandora's box whose hidden mysteries, when uncover, would change one's life forever.

Mio seems like a person who has given up on life, and it is implied that she does suffer from a sickness related to the sun, explaining her preference to staying under the shade and her urge to read all of the books in the world (in a desperate attempt to prolong her only life). However, who is this person who wears an ominous smile and what does she have to do with Mio?

The storm is once again approaching.
Spring 2023: Yamada-kun to Lv999 no Koi wo Suru, Kuma Kuma Kuma Bear Punch! (4/12), Skip to Loafer, Tonikaku Kawaii S2 (1/12), Otonari ni Ginga (5/12) and Kimi wa Houkago Insomnia (3/13).

Contact me on Wikia and MyAnimeList.
Anime List Status ~ Watching: 33. Completed: 468. Plan to watch: 39.
Old 2013-04-18, 00:41   Link #31
s07195
However,

I liked this episode. Mio was great, and I want to find out more. She's the character I find with the most depth. I like this arc more than Komari's arc. Which reminds me, it's nice that Riki isn't totally thick like lots of main characters. And what's with the weather?! I'm guessing that since LB! was a VN, this storm should have been the same one with Komari's?

Ugh, had a long post, then tried posting it with a busted internet connection. Poof, all gone.