AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Current Series > Naruto/Boruto

Notices

Old 2013-10-09, 19:51   Link #41
shalala

Brace yourselfs the second coming of Kyuubi&Susanoo is coming. This time it will be far more powerful then the last time.
shalala is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-10-09, 23:04   Link #42
itachi-san314

Quote:
Originally Posted by Owlman View Post
How far ahead do you think these arcs and chapters are planned? (I agree with you btw)
i have no idea and i'm sure it varies to an extent, but this is a giant arc with many (if not all) loose ends tied up and possibly even the end of the story entirely. it was surely planned for a long time. I'd venture to guess kishi started planning it at the beginning of shippuden when he did kakashi gaiden, but i have no doubt he's modified it along the way. i'm sure he always intended tobi to be obito and madara to come back for example. that and a war that unites all the nations instead of dividing them. but yea, i just think it was too much in one story arc. even if this was all written really well it would get tiring and implausible for all this to be happening in the matter of a couple days. i thought marineford in one piece was stretching the limits of too much at once, but this is like marine ford on steroids
itachi-san314 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-10-09, 23:38   Link #43
Artimus_Prime
The First Rasengan!!

seeing orochimaru use obitos name makes me wonder how long he actually knew it was him...they (he and kabuto) obviously knew he wasnt the real madara but exactly when they knew im curious about...not that it matters all that much.

Quote:
Originally Posted by shalala View Post
Brace yourselfs the second coming of Kyuubi&Susanoo is coming. This time it will be far more powerful then the last time.
yeah i wonder what will be so differnt this time around...bijuudama with inferno arrows, another wind/fire combination,

oh yeah wait. sasuke combining with naruto gets him a new source of sage chakra...
Old 2013-10-10, 02:07   Link #44
Shockingly
Sweet Perfume Mist ♥..♪

So as it seems from this chapter, Naruto and Sasuke will be the ones to finish off Obito.
Things have gotten very interesting. At first it seemed liek the story was being rushed and maybe it still is.

I'm sure a lot of people hope that Naruto obtains the rinnegan. That would be sweet but he has that unique type of eye of his with the sage and demon fox chakra.

Hopefully the hokage's will not interfere with the fight between Sasuke Naruto and Obito.
Old 2013-10-10, 06:03   Link #45
janipani

This battle is tiresome. I could care less about the Konoha's feelings about Naruto right now. I already got the picture countless of chapters ago. I wanna see one very good fight.. and without cheese! Can Kishi do it? Probably not.

-Best anime was made in 80s-
janipani is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-10-10, 10:43   Link #46
Hiking_Bear

Quote:
Originally Posted by janipani View Post
This battle is tiresome. I could care less about the Konoha's feelings about Naruto right now. I already got the picture countless of chapters ago. I wanna see one very good fight.. and without cheese! Can Kishi do it? Probably not.
The story feels sluggish in more ways than one.
Old 2013-10-11, 09:59   Link #47
Artimus_Prime
The First Rasengan!!

Quote:
The jiraiya vs pain fight was quite good imo
Old 2013-10-11, 17:23   Link #48
janipani

Quote:
Originally Posted by Artimus_Prime View Post
The jiraiya vs pain fight was quite good imo
It was awesome! And best part about it was, Jiraya really died. And I don't mean any bad for Jiraya, he's probably my favorite character in the show... and if Kishi rapes him by reviving, he's worse than the worst can be.

-Best anime was made in 80s-
janipani is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-10-11, 22:58   Link #49
Artimus_Prime
The First Rasengan!!

Quote:
It was awesome! And best part about it was, Jiraya really died. And I don't mean any bad for Jiraya, he's probably my favorite character in the show... and if Kishi rapes him by reviving, he's worse than the worst can be.
Yeah he was awesome wrapped in five slices of bacon...tho at this point I prolly wouldn't mine all that much if he reappeared. IT would be the better setting for it but an ol school Sannin reunion would make me smile also
Old 2013-10-12, 05:04   Link #50
Ero-Senn1n

Now that Orochimaru has some nostalgia of the old days he could even summon Jiraiya back just to have some fun fighting and talking with the other 2 sannins. In this situation it would also be logical since Jiraiya is a sage who could fight Obito directly. And of course now that everybody who's dead is summoned just to see how cool and great Naruto has become it would be fitting that his most important sensei also could see what has become of his student.

BTW the 3rd place where someone clan learn the sage fighting is the forest from where the Slug summon comes from? All the Sakura fans would be very happy if she managed (after a timeskip) to become a sage and keep up with the other 2 (of course only until it's revealed that they have also been upgraded )
Ero-Senn1n is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-10-12, 08:58   Link #51
itachi-san314

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ero-Senn1n View Post
Now that Orochimaru has some nostalgia of the old days he could even summon Jiraiya back just to have some fun fighting and talking with the other 2 sannins. In this situation it would also be logical since Jiraiya is a sage who could fight Obito directly
there is nothing logical about orochimaru being a 'good' guy and 'having fun'. this is pure bullshit. shikamaru might as well dig hidan up and have a tea party at this point
Old 2013-10-12, 10:26   Link #52
ranchan13

Quote:
Originally Posted by itachi-san314 View Post
shikamaru might as well dig hidan up and have a tea party at this point
Still a better love story than Twilight
Actually, that might even be a more interesting story than Naruto's been lately
Integrated
Artificial
Lifeform
ranchan13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-10-12, 11:57   Link #53
Artimus_Prime
The First Rasengan!!

Quote:
BTW the 3rd place where someone clan learn the sage fighting is the forest from where the Slug summon comes from? All the Sakura fans would be very happy if she managed (after a timeskip) to become a sage and keep up with the other 2 (of course only until it's revealed that they have also been upgraded )
I'll put a few pennies on the table and say that this forest may be where Hashirama trained...(tho part of me still believes it was really a temple of some kind...) it's kinda cool that with two proficient users of the technique they can only summon a tenth of katsuya...is she the most powerful boss summon!? This story might be far from over...
Old 2013-10-12, 13:43   Link #54
Ero-Senn1n

Quote:
Originally Posted by itachi-san314 View Post
there is nothing logical about orochimaru being a 'good' guy and 'having fun'.
You know how Orochimaru behaves sometimes. Even if you say that Orochimaru still thinks of the alliance as his enemies it is logical to help them because the enemy of my enemy is a friend, and right now stopping Tobito/Madara is more important for him. He brought back Tsunade and the kages when they were almost dead, why wouldn't he use edo tensei if he wants to. Also to him Jiraiya meant more than the 3rd or Tsunade, the author even showed us a long time ago how Jiraiya and Orochimaru were like Naruto and Sasuke, maybe Kishi wants to show us this similarity too after he showed us the "new sannins" a few chapters ago.

Quote:
it's kinda cool that with two proficient users of the technique they can only summon a tenth of katsuya...is she the most powerful boss summon!? This story might be far from over...
Maybe it's a hint that only with sage mode can someone summon the whole thing? Tsunade's and Sakura's ability to store chakra in a seal and then use it seems to be similar to the cursed seal thing in that it's a minor version of a future huge powerup. This war will not resolve the issues between Naruto and Sasuke, so i'm sure there will be something after the war ends, and my guess is there will also be a timeskip. It would be reasonable if Sakura gets a big powerup, to keep up with the guys.
Old 2013-10-12, 15:07   Link #55
itachi-san314

Quote:
the author even showed us a long time ago how Jiraiya and Orochimaru were like Naruto and Sasuke, maybe Kishi wants to show us this similarity too after he showed us the "new sannins" a few chapters ago.
except that sasuke only kills bad guys with the exception of some nameless/faceless samurai. orochimaru was portrayed as pure evil, experimenting, torturing and even bringing the dead back to life. sasuke has always had some sort of saving grace. even naruto has always acknowledged it, agreeing with sasuke's reasoning most of the time

Quote:
It would be reasonable if Sakura gets a big powerup, to keep up with the guys.
I made the mistake of assuming she already did have a power up, namely sage mode. but no, we got same old useless sakura who can't even heal people as well as tsunade and that's her specialty
Old 2013-10-12, 15:22   Link #56
Artimus_Prime
The First Rasengan!!

Quote:
Maybe it's a hint that only with sage mode can someone summon the whole thing? Tsunade's and Sakura's ability to store chakra in a seal and then use it seems to be similar to the cursed seal thing in that it's a minor version of a future huge powerup. This war will not resolve the issues between Naruto and Sasuke, so i'm sure there will be something after the war ends, and my guess is there will also be a timeskip. It would be reasonable if Sakura gets a big powerup, to keep up with the guys.
so our discussion to this point sounds as if you think the power up will be senjutsu...
Old 2013-10-12, 16:01   Link #57
Ero-Senn1n

Quote:
so our discussion to this point sounds as if you think the power up will be senjutsu...
That at least doesn't sound like something coming from nowhere. It's well grounded and there are many other things connected to it.
Or you think there's no need for any more powerups and lets end the story with this war?

Last edited by Ero-Senn1n; 2013-10-12 at 16:13.
Old 2013-10-12, 16:54   Link #58
Artimus_Prime
The First Rasengan!!

Quote:
That at least doesn't sound like something coming from nowhere. It's well grounded and there are many other things connected to it.
Or you think there's no need for any more powerups and lets end the story with this war?
no i think there is more story to be told...im still looking for the Uzumaki clan
Old 2013-10-12, 20:38   Link #59
milan kyuubi
Call me MK! :)
*Graphic Designer

Tomoyuki Dan, the voice actor of Kisame died on 10th october.

R.I.P

Old 2013-10-12, 21:17   Link #60
Artful Dodger

Quote:
You know how Orochimaru behaves sometimes. Even if you say that Orochimaru still thinks of the alliance as his enemies it is logical to help them because the enemy of my enemy is a friend, and right now stopping Tobito/Madara is more important for him. He brought back Tsunade and the kages when they were almost dead, why wouldn't he use edo tensei if he wants to. Also to him Jiraiya meant more than the 3rd or Tsunade, the author even showed us a long time ago how Jiraiya and Orochimaru were like Naruto and Sasuke, maybe Kishi wants to show us this similarity too after he showed us the "new sannins" a few chapters ago.
I think we've had more than our fair share of symbolism and comparisons of Naruto to Minato and Hashirama, and even team 7 to the Sannin. We've gotten so much of this stuff that we could probably comprise a small arc if we put all the pages together. Naruto has been glorified and glorified for this whole arc, I think its past time to just move along with the plot.

Quote:
But where do we go from here, blowing up planets with laser beams from peoples finger tips? I've always been of the opinion that Kishimoto has taken the "easy" way out and emphasized on the power of power-ups instead of focusing on the creativity. People like Orochimaru and Jiraiya were cool to me because their breadth of knowledge seemed so wide. They'd come up with creative attacks and escapes like the time Jiraiya created that decoy mini restaurant that was really a frog summon. I'd be all for new creative jutsu's, but all we've been getting is more raw power and bigger monsters, and imo it feels kind of cheap.
Artful Dodger is offline   Reply With Quote