AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Retired > Retired M-Z > School Days

Notices

Old 2007-03-22, 23:22   Link #41
Newprimus
NO ESCAPE FROM NYAAA
*Artist

I think I hear a sound in the wind. It is Kotonoha's broken laughter......
Old 2007-03-23, 00:41   Link #42
Sushi-Y
湯音カワユス~
*Scanlator

But really, for me, the game's biggest impression wasn't the bloody stuff, but the seriously heavy drama. I have never played a game before where I was actually afraid to watch on.

I mean, watching clips like this:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iX0rUgJcByE

really reminded me of how "good" the game was (at the same time getting me pissed off at hetare Makoto again). This game is really just a story of two perfectly nice girls getting their feelings played to hell by the biggest loser of the century.

In a way, I'm REALLY interested in how the anime will turn out, since both Sekai and Kotonoha are equal heroines.

+50 points if Makoto chooses Sekai *is a Sekai-supporter*
+100 points if Makoto dies in the end
Sushi-Y is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-03-23, 00:46   Link #43
cyth
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sushi-Y View Post
Indeed, the guy is a slut and deserves no sympathy.
cyth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-03-23, 00:49   Link #44
Mgz
Madlax fanboyz

Send a message via Yahoo to Mgz
Quote:
Originally Posted by Skyfall View Post
*jumps on the wagon as well*
+1

bring it on, rawr!!!

the more violent the better XD

2007 seems to be a good year for anime
Mgz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-03-23, 00:52   Link #45
Klashikari
阿賀野型3番艦、矢矧 Lv180
*Graphic Designer

the unilateral makoto's bashing is really something
can anyone tell how many times "at least" makoto cheat on either sekai or kotohana in only one route? kinda curious how far he is despicable.

an undecisive hero is already a pitiful character, but the way all of you describe hime... he appears to be even worse than a cockroach
Old 2007-03-23, 02:33   Link #46
Skyfall
Lost in my dreams...

Spoiler for plot spoilers:
Old 2007-03-23, 04:13   Link #47
wontaek

Sekai route is the only route where the main character have opportunity to act decent, plus it gives more flexibility to put in the gores, so if I was in charge of the plots, I would go that direction. The problem is, Kotonoha is supposed to be prettier, is the initial object of desire of the main character, has the considerable 'assets' to hook male fans, and is the more widely known, if not more popular, girl.
Old 2007-03-23, 05:42   Link #48
holyman282
Snape: "I hate Potter!"

Quote:
Originally Posted by wontaek View Post
Sekai route is the only route where the main character have opportunity to act decent, plus it gives more flexibility to put in the gores, so if I was in charge of the plots, I would go that direction. The problem is, Kotonoha is supposed to be prettier, is the initial object of desire of the main character, has the considerable 'assets' to hook male fans, and is the more widely known, if not more popular, girl.
Not to mention that i feel Kotonoha is more mentally unstable... I mean just look at her violent ends...

Spoiler:
holyman282 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-03-23, 06:13   Link #49
Potatochobit
Certified Organic

this is going to be very interesting. I wonder how they are going to work with multiple endings.

I REALLY hope its not a hentai horror flick though.
Potatochobit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-03-23, 07:39   Link #50
Question
Crossdresser

Firstly there isnt that much horror in it in the first place. Any horror will be a shocking last scence if they go for the gory endings.

And theres no way this is going to be hentai. Ecchi probably. But thats it.
Old 2007-03-23, 07:51   Link #51
Mueti
あ!

Send a message via ICQ to Mueti
Quote:
Haha, exactly.
I'd even say that if Makoto doesn't die at the end it'll fail.
Old 2007-03-23, 08:01   Link #52
DragoonKain3
Osana-Najimi Shipper

From watching the the spliced together opening, my premature tendencies put me on the Sekai group. I find it sweet that she's trying to hook up the guy she likes with another girl, and that's moe to me. XD

But man, I would give up any and all chance of Sekai winning if it means even more blood and gore. I sure hope girls in Oyashiro-mode, cleavers, and lots and lots of violence are in it. Gee, can anyone tell I loved Higurashi to bits?

And people say the lead is scum of the earth... Realistic? Maybe not, but it makes the anime even more interesting, because it's a breath of fresh air from the generic do-goody male lead.

Definitely my most awaited anime for the summer season. Okay okay, that's a total lie, since it's been rumored that the 2nd season of Higurashi starts in that time frame as well, but it's still up there in my 'want to watch' list.

Yes its YOU childhood friend - source of BERZERKER RAGE since forever
Childhood Friend couple STATISTICS(spoilers abound though)
DragoonKain3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-03-23, 08:34   Link #53
Shiroth
Beautiful fighter.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shinova View Post
I think I hear a sound in the wind. It is Kotonoha's broken laughter......
Thats me going crazy over the fact that a School Days TV series is actually going to happen. ^^;;

Quote:
But really, for me, the game's biggest impression wasn't the bloody stuff, but the seriously heavy drama. I have never played a game before where I was actually afraid to watch on.
Indeed --- thats why i did mention before that this is not just any other game when taking away the crazy endings that its known for. Anyone can tell the amount of drama to come from a love triangle story, though School Days works on that, and builds it up. Making one hell of an experience.

Quote:
I've got my fingers crossed... kinda.

Quote:
The fact is, everyone is going to be wanting that once they've seen the first few episodes. ;_;
Old 2007-03-23, 09:22   Link #54
Skyfall
Lost in my dreams...

Quote:
Originally Posted by holyman282 View Post
Not to mention that i feel Kotonoha is more mentally unstable... I mean just look at her violent ends...

Spoiler:
I don't think she is more mentally unstable than any other girl in the series... it is just that Makoto ends up hurting her the most, which leads to her heartbreaks and other stuff.

Besides, any mental problems she or Sekai develops trough the series, is Makoto's fault, and his fault alone. Actually, i think i liked her suicide end the most for the fact that it ended up mentally scarring Makoto. (him getting stabbed by Sekai was nice as well, but this way he ends up suffering for a much longer time )

Bakayuki from KGNE has nothing on this Shinji of ero games.

< 100% Kotonoha fan, and hoping for her end. Though my money is on Sekai. But i think "the wife" is an ending i would be highly satisfied with as well... and won't lead to Kotonoha's and Sekai's fans clashing spears ... that is, if they won't be to busy lynching Makoto in a joint effort.
Old 2007-03-23, 09:52   Link #55
2H-Dragon
Silent Warrior

Really sad that they need to go for the bad endings. Just to sell more. While its a great romance and the normal endings are quite nice. Seeing its horror they will go for the crappy endings. I for one will not watch this.

The only way to get the bad endings is to treat that girl like crap. So the main character will be a nasty bitch.
2H-Dragon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-03-23, 10:04   Link #56
Skyfall
Lost in my dreams...

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2H-Dragon View Post
Really sad that they need to go for the bad endings. Just to sell more. While its a great romance and the normal endings are quite nice. Seeing its horror they will go for the crappy endings. I for one will not watch this.
No, they don't need to, and there is no indication they will. The only reason it is listed as horror is because NSW was bored and listed it as such.... which i don't think was a good thing, because a lot of people seem to be taking it as the truth of the matter >.>
Old 2007-03-23, 11:15   Link #57
Xellos-_^
Not Enough Sleep

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2H-Dragon View Post

The only way to get the bad endings is to treat that girl like crap. So the main character will be a nasty bitch.

I for one like to see a indecisive jerk for the male lead in a harem anime. The genre is populated by too many indecisive nice guys who wouldn't even dream of holding hands with a girl much sleep with them all.

Quote:
Originally Posted by skyfall
No, they don't need to, and there is no indication they will. The only reason it is listed as horror is because NSW was bored and listed it as such.... which i don't think was a good thing, because a lot of people seem to be taking it as the truth of the matter >.>
*gets the buring pitch ready for the lynching
Old 2007-03-23, 11:29   Link #58
mangatron
worshipping the pantyhose

Something tells me everyone is into this anime for the gore....

Wouldn't it be amazing, if the anime totally goes the opposite way? Imagine the backlash

Ok, I understand the need this anime must be to have the psycho girls. But come on, isn't that too sad for release? Might as well watch a bad hentai...lol.

Maybe we can start clubs over this. Like a "Bloody bastard" club, one dedicated to the future possible mutilation of the unfortunate bloke who will take up the reins as protagonist for this series

then there'll be Kotonoha clubs, Sekai clubs, etc

I take charge of the BB club lol

Now I make wonders as to the treatment this kind of thing will get. If it goes on TV, might see that very late night time slot....Or go to DTV....humm....

And Xello! Don't be calling me lolitron! Or else I will use the power of money to pursuade the SD creators to stop production on this anime

I cannot hide lol....

BTW, this site has some pics about some School Days related things about the TV announcement. (it's in the Mar 22 post) Might not be a worksafe site...
mangatron is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-03-23, 11:44   Link #59
Scribble
Sloth

Send a message via MSN to Scribble
As a non-Japanese understanding, non-eroge/VN playing person, I was first drawn to School Days because of the ending (who wasn't?). Now that some of the members here have touched upon some of the other aspects of the game, I'm happy that *those* endings have come from somewhere, and I won't be experiencing generic 'love triangle' type story for most of the series.

That was my problem with SHUFFLE!. Though I liked certain aspects of it (It wasn't 100% clear as to who Rin would go with....for the first half of the series or so anyway), the only thing that stood out about it was the Kaede part, really =/
Old 2007-03-23, 11:55   Link #60
Shiroth
Beautiful fighter.

Quote:
Originally Posted by mangatron View Post
Something tells me everyone is into this anime for the gore....

Wouldn't it be amazing, if the anime totally goes the opposite way? Imagine the backlash
Just to point out, like i already have done before --- the original story is solid Drama, some of the best i've ever come across. I am looking forward to the TV series to see how this is done. Of course i adore the crazy/blood scenes that made the game so popular, and am looking forward to see if they'll add them in some way.

Quote:
Originally Posted by mangatron View Post
BTW, this site has some pics about some School Days related things about the TV announcement. (it's in the Mar 22 post) Might not be a worksafe site...
They're just images from the Tokyo Anime Fair 2007 (MakubeX2 already posted the main image).

Tags
bishoujo, drama, ecchi, harem, romance, tnk, yandere