AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series

Notices

Old 2009-11-16, 16:00   Link #21
musume_no_hoshi
~*Eternal Bakaness*~

Does this mean it gives the novel more time? So more volumes would be released first?

Reading the summery from ANN really makes me really looking forward to this.

Quote:
The story centers around a spirited high school girl named Marika. She keeps herself busy with the space yacht club and her part-time job at a high-class retro café. One day, two men suddenly appear and claim to be subordinates of her dead father. They demand that she assume command of the space pirate ship Benten Maru. A privateer ship's compact was made during a war of independence a century ago, and according to that compact, the ship must be inherited by the captain's next direct descendant. Marika finds herself embarking on a new life as a space pirate.
For now, this just sounds like fun. I don't mind an almost all-girls-cast, as long as it's not harem.
Old 2009-11-16, 20:39   Link #22
FlareKnight
User of the "Fast Draw"

Send a message via AIM to FlareKnight Send a message via MSN to FlareKnight
Miniskirt. Space. Pirates. Yeah this will turn out great .

Quite a ways away though. Will probably have forgotten about it until a few months before it comes out.
Old 2010-03-25, 18:43   Link #23
Joojoobees

According to NeoSam, the title of this anime has changed to Moretsu Uchuu Kaizoku, and broadcast is still expected in 2011. Apparently this was announced by Satelight at the Tokyo Anime Fair.

Image from Moonphase:

UPDATE: According to this ANN post,
Quote:
Akiman is responsible for the original character designs for the animation, and Starchild Records is handling the music. Tatsuo Sato (Stellvia, Shigofumi: Letters from the Departed, Shingu: Secret of the Stellar Wars) is directing and supervising the scripts.

Last edited by Joojoobees; 2010-03-25 at 20:07. Reason: Found some production details
Joojoobees is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-03-25, 21:29   Link #24
Mizuno
Undefined

Send a message via MSN to Mizuno
Space + Satelight, we might be in for a treat visually. Consider they did Macross Frontier... although I don't expect the same budget for this show.
Mizuno is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-10-31, 10:42   Link #25
Westlo
Lets be reality

Saw this on Canyoumoe blog.

Quote:
Moretsu Space Pirate is scheduled for 2011 July. -_- Then why the heck did they announce it in 2009?
About damn time.
Westlo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-10-31, 11:32   Link #26
Bonta Kun
Know who you are

OH HELL how did I miss this before?!!

Well looks like I got something totally awesome to look forward to in 2011.

Btw does Moretsu still mean Miniskirt?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mizuno View Post
Space + Satelight, we might be in for a treat visually. Consider they did Macross Frontier... although I don't expect the same budget for this show.
I'd agree we probably wouldn't see the same budget but honestly I would think this deserves the same if not more cause just going by the premise alone this totally owns Macross Frontier
Old 2010-10-31, 11:41   Link #27
MisaoFan
Autistic NEET bath lover

I thought that the anime will be scheduled next spring. Angela is the most likely artist to perform the opening theme since the music was doned by King Records.
MisaoFan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-10-31, 11:45   Link #28
Shiroth
Beautiful fighter.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mizuno View Post
Macross Frontier isn't the only visual treat show Satelight have done. Keeping those in mind, i'm sure this show will deliver with what people want to see.
Old 2010-10-31, 11:46   Link #29
Westlo
Lets be reality

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bonta Kun View Post
I'd agree we probably wouldn't see the same budget but honestly I would think this deserves the same if not more cause just going by the premise alone this totally owns Macross Frontier
A lot of the people who did Frontier left to form 8-Bit, Satelite also lost a studio who are now GOHANDS. Don't know how much "talent" they have left...
Old 2010-10-31, 13:47   Link #30
ZODDGUTS

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shiroth View Post
Macross Frontier isn't the only visual treat show Satelight have done. Keeping those in mind, i'm sure this show will deliver with what people want to see.
Satelight isn't all that great they have had alot of production problems with their shows often falling behind even Macross Frontier had some eps that needed to be fix/improved animation wise. Engage Planet Kiss Dum was a disaster all around, Kamichama Karin had awful animation that most people in the official thread here on animesuki were people complaining for how awful the animation was. Heat Guy J needed improvements on DVD, Fairy Tail has been a disappointment animation wise, Kiddy Girl-and was a huge joke. Basquash! had problems as well. There almost as bad as Gonzo was if not even worse.

And as Westlo said most of their talent have left to form their own studios. Not to say they can be replaced but...
ZODDGUTS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-10-31, 14:22   Link #31
Kunagisa

I'm just curious how far along the plot would be, since volume 5's releasing on the 19th, that and ... Hanazawa Kana's one of the two announced VA.
Kunagisa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-10-31, 15:00   Link #32
Westlo
Lets be reality

Quote:
Originally Posted by stuopidget View Post
I'm just curious how far along the plot would be, since volume 5's releasing on the 19th, that and ... Hanazawa Kana's one of the two announced VA.
Geez her Moteki is never ending lol, who's the other announced VA?
Old 2010-10-31, 15:10   Link #33
Kunagisa

Quote:
Originally Posted by Westlo View Post
Geez her Moteki is never ending lol, who's the other announced VA?
Komatsu Mikako, whom most likely is unknown to anyone besides people who have watched Heroman, which also means so far she is continuing her lead role streak as a VA.
Kunagisa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-11-01, 04:34   Link #34
Shiroth
Beautiful fighter.

Quote:
Originally Posted by stuopidget View Post
Komatsu Mikako, whom most likely is unknown to anyone besides people who have watched Heroman, which also means so far she is continuing her lead role streak as a VA.
Glad she has another role so soon. Hopefully it won't be a boy this time, so i can hear some range.
Old 2010-11-01, 21:09   Link #35
SaintessHeart
NYAAAAHAAANNNNN~

I seriously think that most people here are just for the miniskirts.

That is so wrong! I mean, you guys can't just view girls like that.....ah heck. I am joining in.

When three puppygirls named after pastries are on top of each other, it is called Eclair a'la menthe et Biscotti aux fraises avec beaucoup de Ricotta sur le dessus.
Most of all, you have to be disciplined and you have to save, even if you hate our current financial system. Because if you don't save, then you're guaranteed to end up with nothing.
SaintessHeart is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-11-01, 22:53   Link #36
Westlo
Lets be reality

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shiroth View Post
Glad she has another role so soon. Hopefully it won't be a boy this time, so i can hear some range.
But her only role so far has been a girl!
Old 2010-11-02, 01:41   Link #37
totoum
Me at work

Send a message via MSN to totoum
Quote:
Originally Posted by SaintessHeart View Post
I seriously think that most people here are just for the miniskirts.

You've got it wrong,every anime these days has girls wearing mininskirts.This has miniskirts..........IN SPACE

oh and Tatsuo Sato being involved is a nice personal bonus.So is Hanazawa Kana though since she's in right about everything these days it's less of a bonus.
Old 2010-11-02, 12:47   Link #38
nojay
Scanlator

Looking at the poster art originally on Moonphase the new title is actually "Mo-retsu Uchuu Kaizoku" which I think means "Hard-working Space Pirates" or "Workaholic Space Pirates".
Old 2010-11-02, 13:04   Link #39
mentat

Quote:
Originally Posted by totoum View Post
oh and Tatsuo Sato being involved is a nice personal bonus.
x2. Seems like the right man for the job considering the work he's done with Nadesico and Vandread, both character-driven space operas that I enjoyed.

I'm just a little disappointed that we have to wait until July for this.
mentat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-11-03, 12:00   Link #40
billborden

Quote:
Originally Posted by totoum View Post
You've got it wrong,every anime these days has girls wearing mininskirts.This has miniskirts..........IN SPACE
No, No, It's the miniskirts on PIRATES that we all want to see, right...

Tags
light novel adaptation, science fiction, seinen, yuri