AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Retired > Retired M-Z > Negima

Notices

Closed Thread

Old 2010-10-09, 04:13   Link #341
Merctrin
Immi

@deathcurse: Setsuna's nest is just a jumble of blankets. Any other kind of nest would have warranted multiple comments from Tsukuyomi.

@RadiantBeam: You should totally be rooting for them to work out their problems so they can really be together as a couple. Give in to the dark side!

Prequel
Prologue
Day 1
Day 2
Day 6
Day 7
Day 11
Day 12
Day -17
Day 14
Day 18

This chapter turned fluffy somehow. Weird.

Spoiler for Day 22:

Spoiler for Notes:
Old 2010-10-10, 16:10   Link #342
OverMaster
Zok, Biff, Pow, Wham.

I realize I haven't updated in this thread lately, but the new chapter's been at FF.Net for a few days now.

Also, more dirty crack!
Old 2010-10-11, 14:00   Link #343
Kurush

Send a message via MSN to Kurush
Long spoiler this time!

Actually, Spoilers inside a spoiler. I don't wanna take up much space.

Spoiler for Chapter 3, Honeymoon:

Criticize me, review this, tell me your thoughts. I want to hear the truth, not some sugar-coating that it's "Okay." Please.

"The objective is not to win. It is to eliminate every option for the enemy except the one to lose."

Knowledge is power. It should be shared.
Old 2010-10-14, 13:28   Link #344
OverMaster
Zok, Biff, Pow, Wham.

The Visit to Ayaka's mansion, Revisited.
Old 2010-10-15, 13:01   Link #345
Sian
Kozukuri Shimasho

found an FanFiction i think people would find interesting

http://www.fanfiction.net/s/6385400/...tra_Nelly_Magi

Genderflip following the manga as loyaly as possable without plotholes
Old 2010-10-16, 13:18   Link #346
Kurush

Good one.

Spoiler for After the big battle:

Just couldn't resist this one.

"The objective is not to win. It is to eliminate every option for the enemy except the one to lose."

Old 2010-10-16, 14:46   Link #347
deathcurse
Queen of Tragedy

Location: Place of rocks and trees, and trees and rocks...and water.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Merctrin View Post
@deathcurse: Setsuna's nest is just a jumble of blankets. Any other kind of nest would have warranted multiple comments from Tsukuyomi.

@RadiantBeam: You should totally be rooting for them to work out their problems so they can really be together as a couple. Give in to the dark side!

Prequel
Prologue
Day 1
Day 2
Day 6
Day 7
Day 11
Day 12
Day -17
Day 14
Day 18

Spoiler for Day 22:

Spoiler for Notes:
LOL, that's what I expected, but I wanted to make sure .

Setsuna diving back into the room for her sword made me laugh . Big step forward in their relationship for the two of them here--you know, you are the only writer who's ever convinced me of a pairing that isn't KonoSetsu! The way you write Tsukuyomi and Setsuna's interaction actually does have me... *grumble grumble* rooting for Tsukuyomi x Setsuna as well.......

I like how you still put in lots of KonoSetsu moments though, since it adds to Setsuna's character .

Great update, sorry for reviewing so late ...
Old 2010-10-16, 14:53   Link #348
Kurush

Oh for-

What do I have to do to get some attention? Get back to writing that Nenoha fic I posted in the Nanoha fanfic discussion thread? *Note: muttering to self*

Old 2010-10-16, 18:18   Link #349
OverMaster
Zok, Biff, Pow, Wham.

... It was good. Satisfied?
Old 2010-10-17, 02:09   Link #350
Kurush

I guess.

It just annoys me that everybody else fawns over Yuri drama while I do my best at a crack pairing nobody else thought of for a fic. Some actual feedback would be appreciated on my part, instead of being ignored in favor of Setsuna/Tsukuyomi.

Old 2010-10-17, 09:02   Link #351
OverMaster
Zok, Biff, Pow, Wham.

Hey, I don't get that much in the way of reviews here either, and I'm dealing with a more popular main couple (with two much crackier secondary alternatives).

Part of the problem is, of course, it's hard to top the Setsuna Yuri juggernaut in popularity terms (just check FF.Net for proof), but it's also Theodora is... not exactly the most popular Negima character ever, and thus it isn't as much of a draw for the readership.
Old 2010-10-17, 10:46   Link #352
Kurush

You could say that was one of the reasons I did the whole marriage thing to the two. To elevate Theo's status as a fanfic character and explore how deep a character she is.

Don't get me started on how famous Setsuna is. She's as popular as Hades is misunderstood and hated by Disney. That's as far as I'm going on the subject.

Most authors get it so wrong with the characters it's almost sickening. The sheer number of fics out there is also proof of this. What Merctrin does? In character. I don't resent the fact that he (she?) is a good author by that and gets the spotlight for it. What I resent is that the spotlight focuses too much on hir, leaving me and OM behind and off-stage like some cheap, old-school thing that only the odd one likes.

I know that there aren't many readers out there who would understand it fully, but even if they did, how many would you suspect starting to read our stories out of respect rather than try the new thing that's got lesbians in it?

Good Lord, that came out wrong...

Anyway, that aside, Chapter 3 is up now. Please enjoy it.

Old 2010-10-17, 11:17   Link #353
OverMaster
Zok, Biff, Pow, Wham.

For what it counts, I think Merctrin's stuff is better written and does deserve more praise than mine.

And I'm going to have lesbians at some point, too. Now that'll give me a boost!
Old 2010-10-17, 14:16   Link #354
Merctrin
Immi

Huh. I think you both write better than I do.

...Er, in my own defense, I happen to be a really, really bad reviewer for the most part because the only thing I'm good for is ranting about yuri, and I think reviews should be helpful in some way, and just saying "Good job, update soon," isn't really helpful though it can be really nice sometimes, and ranting about yuri when there isn't any yuri is less than helpful and most certainly not nice, so as not to cause anyone any offense it's probably best if I just stay quiet and enjoy.

Um. So...

Facehuggers are probably going to be in my nightmares for multiple nights. I think I liked them better in the Nanoha fanfiction thread because at least then I didn't really get what they were. They sound unpleasant. The first part was inspired by The Dark Knight, right? I'd take the Joker over those things.

Negi and Theo aren't really having a relaxing honeymoon, are they?

Fun chapter, and an update is very much desired.

And thank you for saying I write in character. It means a lot.

Also, I like the way Disney did Hades' hair. It looks cool.
Old 2010-10-17, 14:52   Link #355
Kurush

Well, I could show you some reviews that I got from Chaos Productions. He's a great aid to my improvement as a writer. I even save his reviews on a document.

Spoiler for First review:

Here's one. I suppose I expected too much when I said I wanted reviews earlier up there, but no one's perfect. Mostly what I get are "cheerleaders" as he dubbed them, and that's enough for me to continue writing PotM.

To answer yours, Merctrin: Well, no. They won't have a relaxing honeymoon. It was supposed to be, but then this merc showed out of nowhere.

I'll admit that the Dark Knight was an inspiration to the introduction scene of Sukh and her band, but hey, she was at least pleasant at the start, then it went downhill from there.

You obviously haven't seen Alien. Good for you. It takes a lot of willpower in order to withstand the nightmares. Fortunately, I saw the sequel shortly afterwards, and that helped, greatly.

As for the Disney part on Hades, they're the reason the "Everybody hates Hades" trope exists. When in actuality, he was a saint in comparison to his brothers. They did make his hair look cool, but they just didn't care who he truly was. They just thought "He's God of the Underworld. He's the Death God. That means he's Evil. Period." I swear to all the gods above, Abrahamic, Pagan, or Hindu, I will get myself a minigun and shoot them all down for image-raping Hades. Apologies for offensive words. But I'm not taking them back.

Old 2010-10-17, 18:43   Link #356
deathcurse
Queen of Tragedy

Location: Place of rocks and trees, and trees and rocks...and water.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kurush View Post
I guess.

It just annoys me that everybody else fawns over Yuri drama while I do my best at a crack pairing nobody else thought of for a fic. Some actual feedback would be appreciated on my part, instead of being ignored in favor of Setsuna/Tsukuyomi.
Really, I just think that it depends on what people happen to like on this site . It's not a question of who is a better/worse writer, it's just reader preference. I'm a yuri fangirl, and frankly, the whole Negima world doesn't really interest me beyond a few girls in the main cast--so while there may be excellent Negima fanfics out there, I'm not going to read them because I just don't care. Sorry to all those great writers, but that's just my preference.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kurush View Post
Most authors get it so wrong with the characters it's almost sickening. The sheer number of fics out there is also proof of this. What Merctrin does? In character. I don't resent the fact that he (she?) is a good author by that and gets the spotlight for it. What I resent is that the spotlight focuses too much on hir, leaving me and OM behind and off-stage like some cheap, old-school thing that only the odd one likes.

I know that there aren't many readers out there who would understand it fully, but even if they did, how many would you suspect starting to read our stories out of respect rather than try the new thing that's got lesbians in it?
LOL, I'm probably one of those authors who gets the characters wrong . And look, I'm sure that both of you do fantastic work, and it's probably shame on me that I don't read it. But like I said, just not my cup of tea.

I respect your frustration, it's always tough to spend a lot of time and effort on something and have no one comment. I've got a few of my own, and it breaks my heart to see no one comment on them and help me improve. And hey, lots of authors first get read only due to the shiny, mass-appeal thing they write, and are lucky enough that a few interested fans continue on to their more unique stories . The only readers/reviewers worth gold are the ones who continue on to your other works and like them for their depth and quality--who cares about the ones who only like it for the lesbians?
Old 2010-10-17, 18:51   Link #357
RadiantBeam
Test Drive
*Author

Send a message via AIM to RadiantBeam
@Kurush: Well shit, now I feel bad. I'm sorry. It's just, I don't tend to be a good reviewer unless I've followed someone's work for a long while. That's part of why I only review DC's stuff or Merc's stuff. It's stuff I've been following for awhile. I'm still really, really sorry, though.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Merctrin View Post

Prequel
Prologue
Day 1
Day 2
Day 6
Day 7
Day 11
Day 12
Day -17
Day 14
Day 18

Spoiler for Day 22:

Spoiler for Notes:

You just made me cry.

For Tsukuyomi.

What.
Old 2010-10-21, 17:00   Link #358
Merctrin
Immi

So I'm somewhat stuck on my next chapter. And, um, I was a little bored. I've mentioned that I shouldn't be bored, haven't I?

Anyway, not much creativity went into this. Obviously.

Spoiler for Konoka Dies:

Ahem. Well, thanks for reading.
Old 2010-10-22, 03:09   Link #359
Kurush

Maybe that should be made as a dream for Tsuku-chan. I just can't buy character deaths like that. Just my opinion, really.

Old 2010-10-22, 03:50   Link #360
Merctrin
Immi

Yeah, I probably should have just gone ahead and named it Tsukuyomi Plays With Corpse . It really doesn't work as a proper character death piece.
Closed Thread