AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > General > Video Games

Notices

Old 2011-09-16, 06:13   Link #1
Zexas

Ni no kuni: Shiroki Seihai no Joou North America early 2012 (Level 5 & Studio Ghibli)

Ninokuni to be released in North America "early 2012"

Quote:
While Japan will be getting the PS3 version of the Level-5 and Studio Ghibli RPG collaboration known as Ninokuni on November 17, no one knew whether an English version would be made. RPG fans and Studio Ghibli enthusiasts can now rejoice as Ninokuni: Shiroki Seihai no Joou (subtitled "Queen of the White Ashes") for the PS3 will be out in North America in early 2012.

English-speaking players will get their fantasy RPG fix next year.
During the Sony Computer Entertainment Asia press conference on September 16 held near Tokyo Game Show 2011's venue, Level-5 president Akihiro Hino mentioned during an interview panel that an English version of the game is in production right now as well as announced the above release window of the title. This PS3 version of the game starts off the same as the DS version, but the story is told differently after the game's midpoint. According to Hino, the PS3 will have additional story content that will pick off where the DS version ended.

The game will also be launched in Asian markets in Japanese. Level-5 hasn't made plans for a Chinese text version, but Hino said that if there is a huge demand for it, his company will consider it. The game will also feature downloadable content post-release, but Hino can't make an official announcement about it until a later date.

In the game, players control Oliver, a 13-year old boy who is transported into the world called Ninokuni which is a parallel reality of his own world. He is on a quest to revive his recently-deceased mother and is accompanied first by a male fairy called Shizuku. The game is an RPG, in which combat is settled in turn-based format.
Rejoice people!

What about other region? ................ oh wait it's PS3

The world map,The City, The environment........
Old 2011-09-16, 06:18   Link #2
Laith
Even if it just for a bit
*Author

We are getting Ni no Kuni?

We are getting ni no Kuni...

Loving Yes, there is an JRPG deity and it has not forsaken us completely.
Laith is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-09-16, 06:31   Link #3
Alexus_Z3
new to gunpla

YES YES YES!

Man I truly hope they bundle it with that PS3 limited edition. I mean come on why only the Japs get all the good stuff.
Alexus_Z3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-09-19, 08:21   Link #4
Undertaker

Ni no Kuni: Shiroki Seihai no Joō

Can't seem to find a related thread through search, so I decided to make one.

Just finished with all the coverage on TGS, other than FFXIII-2 and new Suikoden game, this was the most impressive JRPG I've seem.

IGN confirm that the game will be localized to U.S. for 2012. Despise the same title name as it's DS counterpart release earlier, the game was worked simultaneously and separately from it from ground up (hence the different subtitle), and is independent from DS with has different story element, graphic, play mechanics and art direction, (other then the main premises) which make it an PS3 exclusive.

Ni no Kuni: Shiroki Seihai no Joō [二ノ国 白き聖灰の女王]. A join colaberation between Level 5 and Ghibli Studio, the anime cut scene is incredible, so is the character design and art direction.

When it was announced last year, I wasn't too impressed with it and the trailer for the DS version didn't really do anything for me. But this ear's TGS show the near finished product that shocked me and now I really can't wait for this game to arrive next year.

Heck, I might even import it just to get a head start...

The new PV from TGS:

TGS demo from Ruliweb:

Last edited by Undertaker; 2011-09-19 at 08:49.
Undertaker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-09-19, 08:47   Link #5
Alexus_Z3
new to gunpla

There's already a thread about it

Ninokuni: Shiroki Seihai no Joou North America early 2012 (Level 5 & Studio Ghibli)
Alexus_Z3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-09-19, 08:53   Link #6
Undertaker

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alexus_Z3 View Post
damn it, I searched Ni no Kuni instead Ninokuni, forget it then....

But why is the title all mengled together? that does not make any sense as Ninokuni is not a word.
Old 2011-09-22, 09:11   Link #7
RRW
Unspecified
*Scanlator

http://gamingeverything.com/?p=9550

RRW is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-09-22, 13:21   Link #8
Tyabann
Homo Ludens

This game looks AMAZING, holy shit. SNES-era design aesthetics, but modernized. Beautiful.
Tyabann is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-09-27, 05:48   Link #9
AnimeFangirl

I'm bitter that they never released it in English on the DS.
Old 2011-10-15, 03:29   Link #10
Sides

I am shocked, game will be published by Namco-Bandai in the west, NA and EU. Not sure what the reason behind it is, since level-5 said in the past that they will be publishing themselves in the future, aka nowadays, but hey there you go.
Source: Level-5 IA twitt

Scheduled for 2012, btw.

Last edited by Sides; 2011-10-15 at 03:45.
Sides is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-10-22, 23:57   Link #11
Undertaker

Yeah, I was puzzled by this since it was confirm in TGS that the come would be translated, so I assume Level 5 is publishing it themselves or maybe SCEA or Atlus are doing it.

Nothing against Namco-Bandai since I really like their games, but I really hope for a duo-audio release on this one.
Old 2011-10-23, 08:38   Link #12
RRW
Unspecified
*Scanlator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Undertaker View Post
Yeah, I was puzzled by this since it was confirm in TGS that the come would be translated, so I assume Level 5 is publishing it themselves or maybe SCEA or Atlus are doing it.

Nothing against Namco-Bandai since I really like their games, but I really hope for a duo-audio release on this one.
well i hoping it will have same treatment with tales

RRW is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-11-08, 14:24   Link #13
LostSome

The game certainly has a certain charm.
I`ll definitely be on the look out for it.
LostSome is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-11-08, 14:35   Link #14
Kaioshin Sama
Banned

Send a message via MSN to Kaioshin Sama
Oh boy it's just so kiddy looking, how could something that looks like this ever be good?
Kaioshin Sama is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-11-20, 22:26   Link #15
Undertaker

Another Japanses PV that I found on Youtube.

I really can't wait for this game to get here, the production value seems to be through the roof on this one. I also just noticed that it even got a legit orchestra in Tokyo Philharmonic Orchestra to perform the soundtrack for it.

Went to it's character page in Japanese site and realizes that they didn't just get VA to do the voiceover, they actually got real actor and actresses to them. I'm kind of shocked that I recognizes 9 of 10 actors/actresses (plus 2 manzai comedians) they've listed and they all appears in drama/movies fairly often.

Damn, the RPG fanboy in me is pretty fired up about this. I really hope Namco would keep the Japanese voice in tact, otherwise I'll need to import the game or wait for potential International Asian version.....

It was release in Japan and Asian territory on the 17th, I'm really interested to see the sales on that.

Official Japanese Site
Old 2011-11-21, 00:54   Link #16
kuroishinigami
Ava courtesy of patchy

Ghibli always do that though. I think miyazaki-sensei has a problem with anime seiyuu or something since he always use real japanese actors to voice over his anime.

Anway, I'm really tempted to buy this, but ay mre than 100$? i think I'll look for an used copy instead lol.
kuroishinigami is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-11-21, 05:56   Link #17
Undertaker

Well, that's mainly because Ghibli film are all huge budgeted film and it's releases are always an event in Asia, therefore they can afford to have actors/actresses do voice-over and it's really not too surprising. I mean as big as seiyuu industry is in Japan they still have less draw power than actual actors/actresses. I mean high budget anime film always features some actors/actresses voices, heck One Piece movies have tons of celebrity voice-overs in its movies. But that's what I'm getting at, I haven't seen this type of voice-over cast + soundtrack team in a game since say Kingdom Heart 1&2 more closely Sakura Taisen series . While as legendary as the voice-over cast in Sakura Taisen Series, it was more of a seiyuu all-star cast and who's who. While as good as Kingdom Heart 1&2, the game is known more for the theme songs by Utada Hikaru. Other big budget games with great voice-over like MGS and FF series are still more seiyuu than celebrities, this is the first time I've seem that many known actor/actress in a game, heck I don't even think I've seem that many of them in usual Ghibli films.

Anyway, I went to a few Japanese and Chinese gaming forum just now. The overwhelming responses were that this is a beast of a game and general consensus is that this is the best JRPG by far in the past decade if not ever.

I also found a Chinese gameplay coverage video that is about 18 minutes long which I'm going to watch it in a bit....
Old 2011-11-23, 10:44   Link #18
Sides

I am actually shocked that Ni no kuni only manage to shift 67000 copies in the first week and CoD:MW3 180000 (ps3 only). Looks like having SE as a publisher is still relevant in japan.
Sides is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-11-23, 21:14   Link #19
kuroishinigami
Ava courtesy of patchy

Big name producer's game is usually early bloomer though sales wise, as in they sell a lot during first few weeks then died down. Ni no kuni, being bcked up by Ghibli's big name and positive review might pick up its sales after a few weeks instead
kuroishinigami is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-11-23, 22:05   Link #20
Undertaker

I'm hope that the pedestrian 1st week sale is mainly due to the initial appearance that the games it a bit kiddy-looking even by Japanese standard and I agree that the sale for next 2 week might be more telling of how this game will receive in general.

Although with that being said, I'm still a bit surprise by the figure, While I didn't expect the initial sale to top Xillia being an unknown franchise and potential misconception of it being a DS port, I did expect it to break 100K if not 150K.