AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Retired > Retired A-L > Haruhi Suzumiya

Notices

Old 2011-12-12, 03:44   Link #3261
Tyabann
Homo Ludens

Quote:
Originally Posted by ijuinkun View Post
I don't know--isn't Snow Mountain more pages than Lone Island? I would think it would take up two episodes by itself.
They COULD simply cut out Where Did the Cat Go entirely (and deservedly so, it's a horrible story), but as I recall a considerable chunk of SMS is taken up by Koizumi's explanation of the door puzzle.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Solachinx View Post
*snip*
Have you read Surprise? Dissociation and it would need to air in the same season... they're a trilogy.
Tyabann is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-12-12, 04:22   Link #3262
Solachinx
is a myth

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kaisos Erranon View Post
Have you read Surprise? Dissociation and it would need to air in the same season... they're a trilogy.
No, it's true that I haven't, but I do know that they're a part of the same story arc. I was just thinking that there might not be enough room in a standard anime season's length for all three novels (then again, maybe a lot of the novels could be filler text that looks longer than is for all I know).
Old 2011-12-12, 08:55   Link #3263
ultimatemegax
Nyahahahaha♥

Send a message via MSN to ultimatemegax Send a message via Yahoo to ultimatemegax
Quote:
No, it's true that I haven't, but I do know that they're a part of the same story arc. I was just thinking that there might not be enough room in a standard anime season's length for all three novels (then again, maybe a lot of the novels could be filler text that looks longer than is for all I know).
It's not so much that they're part of the same arc, but rather there's something unique to those three novels that would make it incredibly difficult to separate them. I've seen people say that part of the novels is filler, and there are parts that feel that way, but they're needed for the effect of the resolution. On the other hand, there's a lot of Kyon monologue scenes that could be condensed to 5/4/5 episodes for each novel.

(Truthfully, I just want to see the Final Chapter of Astonishment (It is not the final chapter of the overall story.) animated. That was amazing in so many ways.)

“Nyahaha! Then we move to round two, Hero! ★”
Chuunibyou translation: 1st novel - OUT/ 2nd novel - OUT
ultimatemegax is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-12-20, 17:48   Link #3264
got-pwned

what do you think of http://www.haruhi.tv/
got-pwned is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-12-20, 18:46   Link #3265
Ithekro
Gamilas Falls

Unless I missed something, it seems to be blank presently. Though they have done odd things before.
Old 2011-12-20, 23:58   Link #3266
CrowKenobi
One PUNCH!
*Administrator

Let's look at the date and remember what happened in the fourth book (and movie).
CrowKenobi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-12-21, 00:08   Link #3267
Solachinx
is a myth

Is it Disappearing again? The tab says "SOS D s" at the top for me.

Spoiler for Semi-Baseless Speculation:
Old 2011-12-21, 00:15   Link #3268
ultimatemegax
Nyahahahaha♥

Send a message via MSN to ultimatemegax Send a message via Yahoo to ultimatemegax
Quote:
Is it Disappearing again? The tab says "SOS D s" at the top for me.

Spoiler for Semi-Baseless Speculation:
Website has "disappeared." The events started 3 days ago and will be concluding in just over two hours as Kyon will wake up at 16:30 JST.

Having checked TV schedules, there's no planned showings of the movie right now. The only scheduled broadcast is a re-broadcast of the 2009 run starting on Jan 3rd on AT-X where they'll air two episodes a week.

Also, if you check the source code, you'll see that your browser is condensing the header. It should say "SOS D s " with the letters missing from "SOS Dan Website," which is what is normally the title of that page.

Old 2011-12-21, 08:00   Link #3269
brocko

It's just their usual viral marketing gimmick they do every year and a rather old attempt at trying to be meta with the franchise. I can see why they continue to keep on doing it though, it's almost become like a tradition of sorts.

If there's anything you should watch out for, I'd guess you should watch out for any of the important dates in the later novels that've yet to be animated (havn't read past Live A Live so I wouldn't even know if there are any notable dates tbh). Even with that said though I think it's best not to get your hopes up by paying too much attention to their website shenanigans.

http://www.freerice.com/ - For each word you get right, 10 grains of rice is donated through the UN to help end world hunger.
brocko is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-12-21, 08:39   Link #3270
Solachinx
is a myth

Quote:
Originally Posted by brocko View Post
It's just their usual viral marketing gimmick they do every year and a rather old attempt at trying to be meta with the franchise. I can see why they continue to keep on doing it though, it's almost become like a tradition of sorts.

If there's anything you should watch out for, I'd guess you should watch out for any of the important dates in the later novels that've yet to be animated (havn't read past Live A Live so I wouldn't even know if there are any notable dates tbh). Even with that said though I think it's best not to get your hopes up by paying too much attention to their website shenanigans.
Well, IIRC, Kyon goes back in time to fix Disappearance's bad end in January, and then the meat of Intrigues takes place during February. So probably around then if they have announcements for a new season some time soon (since, if they do another season, they'd have to animate Intrigues if they're doing the rest chronologically)
Old 2011-12-22, 03:49   Link #3271
Pinwheel10
WHOOSH!

KyoAni and Kadokawa would be fools not to make more from this franchise after all the attention Disappearance got.

That's the only fact that gets my hopes going.
Pinwheel10 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-01-06, 12:48   Link #3272
GDB

Wasn't sure if it was best to ask this here or in one of the other topics, so I defaulted to this one. Got two questions in total:

So, I just got a copy of Bandai's season two, and I'm not entirely sure how to get the discs out. The case uses these weird tri-pronged holders, and unlike a normal dvd case I can't seem to push them down to get the disc to pop out. I can't merely pull the disc out, and I'm afraid to try this method too hard and risk shattering the disc. Anyone care to shed some insight as to how to go about this?

As for my second question, does anyone have or know where to get high quality scans of the Noizi Ito covers for the second season and the movie? I'd like to mock up my own english covers to stay consistent with the limited edition volumes for season one that I bought (though this is obviously more of an issue with season two than the movie, I still vastly prefer the Ito cover to the movie poster cover).
GDB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-01-06, 13:54   Link #3273
ultimatemegax
Nyahahahaha♥

Quote:
Originally Posted by GDB View Post
Wasn't sure if it was best to ask this here or in one of the other topics, so I defaulted to this one. Got two questions in total:

So, I just got a copy of Bandai's season two, and I'm not entirely sure how to get the discs out. The case uses these weird tri-pronged holders, and unlike a normal dvd case I can't seem to push them down to get the disc to pop out. I can't merely pull the disc out, and I'm afraid to try this method too hard and risk shattering the disc. Anyone care to shed some insight as to how to go about this?
I had an issue with this as well. The only way that I found to remove the discs was to pull the disc out. While it does bend slightly, none of the discs broke for me. I was more peeved at their disc art selection than the packaging, though it wasn't something I cared for either.

Quote:
Originally Posted by GDB View Post
As for my second question, does anyone have or know where to get high quality scans of the Noizi Ito covers for the second season and the movie? I'd like to mock up my own english covers to stay consistent with the limited edition volumes for season one that I bought (though this is obviously more of an issue with season two than the movie, I still vastly prefer the Ito cover to the movie poster cover).
In 2009, a Noizi Itou Haruhi artbook was released that had the LE DVD covers in it and that is most likely where the scans originate from. I personally have tried many methods to obtain high quality scans from the postcards that came packaged with the DVDs/BD, but to no avail. There has not been a second artbook (the first one only covered the first five novels, leaving plenty of room for a second one) announced. I've debated asking Itou on Twitter about plans for such a release, and will do so later this morning in Japan. If I get a response, I shall post it.

Old 2012-01-11, 03:05   Link #3274
Ithekro
Gamilas Falls

There seems to be some of Kyonko based manga coming out of late. Something about a Kyon that gets genderbent by Haruhi's wishes...then managed to break Haruhi via "John Smith" only for an alternate Kyon to arrive to fill in as "John"...and now Kyonko herself has somehow arrived (one that was always a girl). So Haruhi now has, effectively, three Kyons! One male an two female...only it is one of the females that was the original (male) Kyon. There is other stuff but there seems to be gaps in the translations.

I've not seen one were they add a fourth Kyon...one that was female but changed to male by either Haruhi or Haruki. Since that is about the only one left out. But then...how would a female Kyon act in a male body?

Last edited by Ithekro; 2012-01-11 at 03:36. Reason: I hit the wrong thread....
Ithekro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-01-11, 03:27   Link #3275
Sumeragi
Banned

My mind is not ready for Rokudena-shi's madness.
Sumeragi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-01-12, 09:20   Link #3276
brocko

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ithekro View Post
There seems to be some of Kyonko based manga coming out of late. Something about a Kyon that gets genderbent by Haruhi's wishes...then managed to break Haruhi via "John Smith" only for an alternate Kyon to arrive to fill in as "John"...and now Kyonko herself has somehow arrived (one that was always a girl). So Haruhi now has, effectively, three Kyons! One male an two female...only it is one of the females that was the original (male) Kyon. There is other stuff but there seems to be gaps in the translations.

I've not seen one were they add a fourth Kyon...one that was female but changed to male by either Haruhi or Haruki. Since that is about the only one left out. But then...how would a female Kyon act in a male body?
Is this an official work? Or another fan-made thing?

I'd be pretty surprised if they actually took and embraced the whole genderbending thing to be honest.

http://www.freerice.com/ - For each word you get right, 10 grains of rice is donated through the UN to help end world hunger.
brocko is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-01-13, 03:01   Link #3277
Ithekro
Gamilas Falls

Still fan made.
Old 2012-01-14, 05:21   Link #3278
Pinwheel10
WHOOSH!

Where can you read it? (The genderbending fan-made manga?)
Pinwheel10 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-01-14, 05:36   Link #3279
Sumeragi
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pinwheel10 View Post
Where can you read it? (The genderbending fan-made manga?)
You might try here.
Sumeragi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-05-09, 10:20   Link #3280
mystogan
The Lost Lamb

ok,through out the entire series the events that take place and things that happening around haruhi of which she is unknown, for these things Koizumi,Nagato and Asahina all have different explanations , and even after listening to everyone kyon does not understands everything

And similar to kyon i also did not understand everything, i only understod those parts which kyon seems to understand

Is there anyone who understood this series completely

Tags
comedy, kadokawa, school life, science fiction, shounen