AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Related Topics > Light Novels

Notices

Old 2013-06-21, 15:06   Link #7361
Miraluka
Banned

If the author doesn't has a big power output like Kamachi then its a bad idea to have him writing a new series... unles he plans on ending the series in the next 3 or 4 volumes.
Miraluka is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-06-21, 19:14   Link #7362
Avrorrange
Basileus Basileōn

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kadi View Post
Why spoil it in the first place if the translation will get there in no time anyway~~ But it's your thing. If you want to spoil and if people want spoilers, just ignore me.

And didn't I already write a post about the age? Yes, it's probably on me. No, I didn't know it better back then. No, I don't know what led me to believe it in the first place. But due to my no-important-spoiler policy (and the no-intentional-lying policy) for series I care about, I couldn't tell you when it came up again, even after I had found out the truth a few weeks ago.

And I'll have another look at Melqart's dialogue. I feel something doesn't add up.
That's the whole point! I wanna annoy you Kadi! you lied to me!
Avrorrange is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-06-21, 19:22   Link #7363
Kadi
知識の探求者

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wilfriback View Post
If the author doesn't has a big power output like Kamachi then its a bad idea to have him writing a new series... unles he plans on ending the series in the next 3 or 4 volumes.
The new series will be at vol 3 next month and there's no end in sight. So, the Campione release speed will slow down, or rather, it already has, but it's okay, I think, as long as the quality is right. Too bad I don't like the whole time-traveling plot. Oh, well~~

Quote:
Originally Posted by darthfanta View Post
That's the whole point! I wanna annoy you Kadi! you lied to me!
Damn you for figuring out how to deal with me!
Kadi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-06-21, 19:33   Link #7364
bludvein

As long as he doesn't go IDY on us and start 5+ series that never get finished its fine. Granted i'd like to see more Campione too, but at least the author won't get burned out as easily. Plus, it gives him more time to plan the plot. If he hits a rut he can just work on that other novel.

Speaking of which, is it any good?
bludvein is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-06-21, 19:59   Link #7365
Kadi
知識の探求者

It's not as good as Campione, in my opinion, but it's far from bad. Overall, the dialogue is actually better, but you cannot easily replace a unique character like Erica. And if I recall how I didn't like the first volumes of Campione a lot, either...

I translated a bit of its first chapter over on the BT forums, in the thread in the "Future Project Suggestions" subforum. Give it a try if you like.
Kadi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-06-21, 20:58   Link #7366
bludvein

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kadi View Post
It's not as good as Campione, in my opinion, but it's far from bad. Overall, the dialogue is actually better, but you cannot easily replace a unique character like Erica. And if I recall how I didn't like the first volumes of Campione a lot, either...

I translated a bit of its first chapter over on the BT forums, in the thread in the "Future Project Suggestions" subforum. Give it a try if you like.
I just went and did. I liked it, but I'll have to wait to read more before I can make any real opinion.

Spoiler for question:
Old 2013-06-21, 21:52   Link #7367
blackwhite67
Banned

Part 2 is out! Intel was right on the money. Aisha can't control [Fairy Corridor]. Well, it looks like we won't be seeing any changes in the present seeing as there's a "corrective force." Aisha's personality is just as her appearance suggests. She should be easy addition to his harem. Wonder what she'll think of his perfect activities?

Last edited by blackwhite67; 2013-06-21 at 22:12.
blackwhite67 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-06-21, 22:07   Link #7368
Chris38

Yeah, she can't ... although Godou seemed to have realized something about her authority, that even the original owner hadn't achieved.

And regarding to the discussion about Aisha's age ... I think she might have an age that crosses the 1000 thousand limit, even if her birth date is the one that was spoiled a few pages ago.

Think about it, she is transported to the past, whenever she doesn't think about her authority and was never sent to the future (at least, she said that it never happened before), which means that each time she was sent to the past, she had to live a few hundred or maybe even more years, before she managed to return to the present era.

Depending on how many of those jumps occurred, I would say that she already has spent quite a large amount of time in the past.

Furthermore, after this chapter I'm quite certain that using Aisha's authority to return to the present, is a pretty bad idea and that Godou, Erica and Ena, would have to find another way to travel back to the present.

And I guess this part of chapter 5 explains why we haven't heard anything about Doni's exploits.
Chris38 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-06-21, 22:08   Link #7369
ReaperxKingx
Emperor of the Expected

I don't know why, but the phrase "helpful, but doesn't know any better lost country bumpkin" just run into my mind. Anyone got a similar feeling.
ReaperxKingx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-06-21, 22:08   Link #7370
Trung-t-rung

Damn, I wonder what is Aisha's incident with Frederick the Great ? Maybe they are ex-lovers.
Trung-t-rung is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-06-21, 22:13   Link #7371
bludvein

She is sort of similar to Godou in that they both cause trouble unintentionally and then try to pretend it didn't happen afterwards.

Anyway, thanks zzhk.
Old 2013-06-21, 22:14   Link #7372
blackwhite67
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by ReaperxKingx View Post
I don't know why, but the phrase "helpful, but doesn't know any better lost country bumpkin" just run into my mind. Anyone got a similar feeling.
I'm sure there's a better phrase for it. Maybe even a trope.
Old 2013-06-21, 22:15   Link #7373
Chris38

Quote:
Originally Posted by ReaperxKingx View Post
Yeah, I also got a similar feeling, although let's not forget that she also is one of the Kings, while her "usual" personality might be like this, in the middle of a battle, her personality might undergo some slight changes - in other words, something similar as what occurs with Godou's personality, when he actually starts getting serious in a fight (and has to face the destruction of another precious monument).
Old 2013-06-21, 22:30   Link #7374
blackwhite67
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chris38 View Post
Yeah, I also got a similar feeling, although let's not forget that she also is one of the Kings, while her "usual" personality might be like this, in the middle of a battle, her personality might undergo some slight changes - in other words, something similar as what occurs with Godou's personality, when he actually starts getting serious in a fight (and has to face the destruction of another precious monument).
That applies to all campione. Ah! Lady Aisha is a kind and gentle person. She can't turn away from people in need. She is so kind and sincere that it has become her troublemaking trait.

Last edited by blackwhite67; 2013-06-22 at 11:16.
Old 2013-06-21, 22:45   Link #7375
OverNOut
The Obsever

I wonder if the Doni will arrive at the end of the novel when Godou and Uldin finished their duel.
OverNOut is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-06-21, 23:33   Link #7376
Gore17

Is it just me, or does Aisha remind you of Asia from Highschool DxD?
Gore17 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-06-21, 23:35   Link #7377
bludvein

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gore17 View Post
Is it just me, or does Aisha remind you of Asia from Highschool DxD?
Not at all. The only thing they really have in common is healing.
Old 2013-06-21, 23:41   Link #7378
bakapervert
A pervert

Some aspect of here personality is quite similar with Asia. Though I'm curious how Aisha fight as godslayer. She said that all her authority exist only for helping people, wonder if she has an authority for fighting, or she somehow manage to use her harmless authority creatively to kill god. Or maybe she just chuck all her opponent into her corridor, LOL.
bakapervert is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-06-21, 23:52   Link #7379
Chris38

^

Aisha couldn't have killed a god, if she hasn't got any offensive abilities. I mean all of us witnessed how difficult it is to actually become a Campione - you definitely need luck to achieve that, but you also need some offensive abilities as well.

Since, Aisha is a god slayer, I'm pretty sure that she has some offensive abilities, it's just that ... like Godou, she probably doesn't want to use them, unless she has no other choice.

I also wonder how many authorities Aisha actually has ... after all, considering how her "time travel" authority works, she had the misfortune of encountering a lot more Heretic Gods compared to the other 6 Campione's from her era ... and if she wouldn't be capable of defeating them, in some way,I doubt that she would be capable of speaking and interacting with Godou at the current moment in the story.
Old 2013-06-21, 23:52   Link #7380
ReaperxKingx
Emperor of the Expected

Quote:
Originally Posted by bakapervert View Post
Some aspect of here personality is quite similar with Asia. Though I'm curious how Aisha fight as godslayer. She said that all her authority exist only for helping people, wonder if she has an authority for fighting, or she somehow manage to use her harmless authority creatively to kill god. Or maybe she just chuck all her opponent into her corridor, LOL.
The thing is, a Campione can only gain more authorities if they kill a God within the standard of a certain loli mother. So when Aisha says her powers only exist to help people, well killing Gods also falls into that category. She must possess some offensive authorities, she has more than 2 counting so far.
ReaperxKingx is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
action, campione, ecchi, godslayer, harem, light novel, myth, romance, sd bunko, shounen, supernatural, time travel, true harem