AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > General > Video Games

Notices

Old 2008-08-10, 07:27   Link #121
Sety
Lost in your Eyes~~~

Oguma? Yes, hes still god in a can. However they nerfed Nabarhl, they gave Ulf/Zagarro FE6 Karel like growths and nerfed Maric. Other than that most of the other cast haven't changed. I suppose they made Sheeda stronger now, she has a really overpowered personal spear now. Its basically got the stats of a Silver Lance but gets a bonus against armours and cavalry.
Old 2008-08-11, 16:42   Link #122
Kaioshin Sama
Banned

Send a message via MSN to Kaioshin Sama
I think I'll always prefer the first remake in Fire Emblem 3 for the Super Famicom. Mostly because it has 2 games in one.
Kaioshin Sama is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-08-12, 05:34   Link #123
Sety
Lost in your Eyes~~~

This remake of FE really is far superior to the FE3 remake, for one thing they brought back all the chapters and characters which were removed from FE3 and it incorporates some of the better elements of the series. Not to mention half the characters are actually usuable.
Old 2008-08-12, 20:03   Link #124
Vivio Testarossa
I'm Back

I have played Fire Emblem 8 and 9, and FE is a pretty fun game... multiple chars, weapon/magic triangle, etc... The only thing that I don't like about FE would be the "no reviving" thing.

Thank for help with signature Evil Rick.
Vivio Testarossa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-08-13, 05:28   Link #125
Sety
Lost in your Eyes~~~

You might like FE4 then, its the only game which allows for reviving and has a english patch.
Old 2008-08-13, 19:37   Link #126
TurinTurambar200

Too bad the staff costs an arm and a leg to repair, haha.

You might want to look into FE10 and the one coming out for the DS as well. Both lets you save and reload from any point in the mission so losing a character won't force you to restart the mission, making it more manageable for people not too use to losing characters permanently.
TurinTurambar200 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-08-14, 04:56   Link #127
AnimeFangirl

FEDS doesn't let you save anywhere. Each map has one or two save points on it for you to use at your discretion. Once you use them they vanish.
Old 2008-08-14, 07:23   Link #128
Sety
Lost in your Eyes~~~

Or you could play Sacred Stones. That game is so stupidly easy you'd have to be brain dead to even have any deaths.
Old 2008-08-21, 20:49   Link #129
serenade_beta
そのおっぱいで13才

Thoughts after beating the DS game once:

-...Short... (o_o) Took around 15-17 hours to complete......
The difficulty level itself wasn't too easy (like the stage where you had to charge against a wall of Shooters), but it really didn't take long at all...

-The whole Class Change was useless... I'm sure there are people who used it, but I didn't end up using it even once...
And I laughed when a Pegasus turned into a dragon... and I lost RES...

-Besides for the Pegasus units (and magicians), everyone's RES are so low, it's not funny.

-TOO-MANY-UNITS... They all come in packs into my party, and they either get a second-long introduction, or none at all... And thanks to the lack of support conversations, when I ended the game, lots of characters felt pretty undeveloped, and I lacked any emotions towards most characters...

-The epilogue... Lots of the character epilogues are pretty dull, repeating the same thing over and over again... Oh well, considering the lack of personality/development in most characters anyways, I didn't expect much.

-The few moments that stays in my mind are:
Spoiler for little spoilers, really...:

-Where did a Commando come from...? ( -_-)
I was also pretty surprised the Ballistas in this game are not separate machines, but part of a unit called Shooter. Beck turned out very useful, fuhuhuhu.

-I'm surprised at how many Mamkutes appear in this game...

-As I thought, the art style for the character portraits are a big disappointment... It actually isn't all that bad, but many characters would have looked better in the GBA's style... Some of the possible cuteness goes to waste.
*thinks back to Nino, Neimi, Amelia, and a few others* Those were the good old 2-D days...
The battle animation... I actually liked this type of battle animation, even if the criticals have become much less impressive.

-The final boss was a big disappointment... Chiki could do 50 damage in one attack against him, and using some ranged weapon to do damage first, I took him out without any trouble...

-Armor Knights/Generals=Win, is what I discovered through my playthrough. Bring two of them, plug up a spot, and block all of the reinforcements.
My Roger became a monster...

-Hunter... Archer... *takes Hunter*

-Crap, the thieves are super weak in this game.

-One thing I realize is that most promoted units that join will be weaker than the units you raise from the start, so you might as well not use the promoted units. And in return, you continue to get weak units at the latter part of the game, which can be troublesome...

-I'm probably going to replay and go through the extra chapters, but I loathe the idea of killing my units... and Chiki...

-No Support Conversations (one of the things that game Fire Emblem replay value)...

-Jeigan... *laugh*

-Blog --> http://tdnshumi.blogspot.com/ (Mainly about video games)
-R.I.P. Hiroshi Yamauchi, Gaming wouldn't have been the same without you (9/19/13)
serenade_beta is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-02-08, 18:51   Link #130
serenade_beta
そのおっぱいで13才

I heard that in the Wii FE, the characters get three states (two promotions)?
About to start watching Goddess of Dawn play videos, so got interested and looked up videos...
I'm also interested in why people said this game was full of cheats and broken characters...

Also, can the Dawn Summoners summon pawns too?
Nn? The English version of the Wii FE gives the beginning three characters special weapons?

Oh~, Ikari (Anger/critical up) changed from 50% to 20%!

...Urgh... After watching all three GBA and GC FE games, I've been holding a bit of a grudge towards Nintendo's habit of changing names... Well, except maybe Stefan. His Japanese name is... long...

@Kaioshin Sama

Yah~ (laughing voice)
It took me a year to find your link towards the English voice acting of the Wii FE.
I gave up after Mikaya spoke two lines.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sety View Post
Or you could play Sacred Stones. That game is so stupidly easy you'd have to be brain dead to even have any deaths.
No, I don't think it is stupidly easy. Well, unless you use the tower to train. But in that case, instead of complaining it is easy, just don't use the tower...
I tried Hard, and stages like the mist stage at the beginning and Erika's route's stage where Pablo reappears tended to be somewhat problematic.
Sacred Stones tends to be cruel to first-time players... I feel, with enemies appearing suddenly at bad positions. Especially everyone's favorite monster Pablo...

Then again, what surprised me the most was that a lot of Bosses were weakened in the English version. Pablo wasn't a monster with impossible stats for a lv.5 Mage, the three evil generals didn't move (they did in the JP version...!), etc.
Yet in replacement, Fordes summons high-level monsters... In the JP version, it was a laugh where he summoned zombies and other low-classes...

I wonder if there will be another FE game released where one can choose between two promotions again...

Thread resurrection~
Just the other day, I learned about Jeigan's impossibly low growth rate...

-R.I.P. Hiroshi Yamauchi, Gaming wouldn't have been the same without you (9/19/13)
Old 2009-02-08, 19:37   Link #131
Benoit
Bishoujo Game Enthusiast

Three? Counting the ones that were localised, there are five of them, including the remake of the first Fire Emblem on the DS.

I'm playing through Fire Emblem: The Sacred Stones, and keeping everyone alive is not easy at all. It's not like the tower is available from the start, either. I've only used the tower twice so far, to level up characters that had lower levels than the others so everyone's at the same level.
Old 2009-02-08, 19:50   Link #132
serenade_beta
そのおっぱいで13才

Also, I really find it unfortunate that Nintendo's translation removed perverted jokes/material.
Myrrh's B conversation has her asking Ephraim (sp?) to sleep with her, which can be taken in a "worse" meaning (clearly the staff meant to do this), but the English translation has it changed so the audience clearly reads her as asking him to be near her/comfort her type of sleep...
And last time I checked, Ewan's B conversation with Amelia in the English version doesn't have him peeking at her panties as she showed him her spear techniques...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Benoit View Post
Three? Counting the ones that were localised, there are five of them, including the remake of the first Fire Emblem on the DS.
Ah, I mean the three GBA games. Plus the others. The three was not referring to the total of games, but just the three games existing for the GBA (Fuin, Rekka/no name, Seima/Sacred Stones).

Quote:
Originally Posted by Benoit View Post
I'm playing through Fire Emblem: The Sacred Stones, and keeping everyone alive is not easy at all. It's not like the tower is available from the start, either. I've only used the tower twice so far, to level up characters that had lower levels than the others so everyone's at the same level.
A good part of the tower/ruins. Especially helps towards raising the trainees, and you can take time to enjoy watching the characters grow.
I had fun using the ruins to turn Amelia into a general with all caps except RES... As expected of Amelia...

Old 2009-02-08, 20:12   Link #133
Kusa-San
I'll end it before April.

Fire Emblem : The Sacred Stone is, for me the worst, episode of the serie. Too many legendary weapon, The tower and the ruins well ruins the interrest of the game etc....The DS episode is partically in the same level Where are the support dialogue O_o Aand there is too many potential allies in the same map. I mean WTH we can recrut three characters in the same map O_o

The best for me is FE7 (i didn't do the episode on SuperNes) on GBA with Eliwood and Ninian ! Great character and story and the best support dialogue ! But i really like the GC episode too. Really good.
Old 2009-02-08, 23:44   Link #134
serenade_beta
そのおっぱいで13才

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kusa-San View Post
Fire Emblem : The Sacred Stone is, for me the worst, episode of the serie. Too many legendary weapon, The tower and the ruins well ruins the interrest of the game etc....The DS episode is partically in the same level Where are the support dialogue O_o Aand there is too many potential allies in the same map. I mean WTH we can recrut three characters in the same map O_o
To me, my first FE game and my favorite.
Story-wise, it's short, but at least the end was more emotional to me than the rest. In Rekka, it ends with the Prince into something , so more than emotional, it's more like it makes you want to see what's next, which I completely deny because Nino gets a bad end in Fuin. Ninian's
Spoiler:
was sad, but the game pulls a deux ex machina and
Spoiler:
Or that movie with pretty Ike in the GC game. Music-wise, the best (of the GBAs), especially Ryon's theme (seems that despite being considered a bad game by some people, the music is considered the best...). Branched classes are just too good. Character-wise, the best in the series for me too (there are plenty of good ones in others too though).
Also, at least unlike the previous two, the protagonist isn't ridiculed for being weak.
Though I do admit it is unfortunate that the battle sprites are reused from previous games...

Maa, indeed, the number of those weapons are large. Then again, it tries to give each weapon class an S weapon, so it can't be helped.
Like I said, if these weapons or added functions are so disappointing, just don't use them. And have fun trying to take down those 10 dragon zombies in the ruin without them.
The complaints I've see are usually around that area:

-Too easy.
Towers/Ruins <--then don't use them
Weapons too strong <--you haven't seen the cheats...
Character growths too high <--better than watching the character get nearly no growth... especially after playing with the DS one...
Too short <--Length doesn't mean it's gonna be good, like TOV
Compared to Fuin... <--I've seen what it was like, and Fuin hard seemed just evil... Rather, don't compare it.
Hmmm, that's about it, I think...?
Weakest last boss <--Rather, because Fordes moves, he's actually the strongest? I mean, Rekka's dragon just waits for you to use Luna on him until he pathetically dies...

Rather, you consider there too many weapons, but compared to Ike's infinite use+2 range+aether game...
And the towers/ruins actually provide something to do after the game. Unlike the rest, you can take time to level up everyone and see how they turn out.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kusa-San View Post
The DS episode is partically in the same level Where are the support dialogue O_o Aand there is too many potential allies in the same map. I mean WTH we can recrut three characters in the same map O_o
That can't be helped. In the original game the DS was made from, there was NO such thing as support conversations. Nintendo would have had to come up with new stories for every character, which would have been hard, since some characters just don't have personalities.
Yeah, lots of allies. Lots of useless ones...

Last edited by serenade_beta; 2009-02-09 at 00:06.
Old 2009-02-09, 06:07   Link #135
Sety
Lost in your Eyes~~~

Quote:
No, I don't think it is stupidly easy. Well, unless you use the tower to train. But in that case, instead of complaining it is easy, just don't use the tower...
Its nothing to do with that.

1) Legendary weapons come like a flash flood and early.
2) Trainee classes are stupidly broken once you get them upto lv10, the FE system was never capable of handling 3 tier promotions as FE10 showed as well.
3) Summoners, freakin broken. Powerful fighters, powerful decoys and LUNA.
4) No rankings, no reason to hurry up, no real chapter requirements outside of kill everything. No real replay value outside of powerleveling which is boring really.
5) 22 Chapters only.
6) Every character has godly growths in this game, everyone.
7) Support conversations were far too wordy really, lacked the clever scripting of FE7 or the story development of FE6. Well beyond the Amelia skirt scene.
8) Story and setting was abit plain and generic. Even more so than normal.
9) Final boss never even used his other attacks and was 3x weak to everything except the kitchen sink unlike Rekka's final boss.
10) Hard mode in FE8 wasn't much harder.

Quote:
Yeah, lots of allies. Lots of useless ones...
Surprisingly alot of them were quite powerful with the class switch, I was using alot of them in H5 Hard mode. They're just useless in the normal game because to begin with FE1 was a easy game.
Old 2009-02-09, 07:54   Link #136
Skyfall
Lost in my dreams...

Quote:
9) Final boss never even used his other attacks and was 3x weak to everything except the kitchen sink unlike Rekka's final boss.

Thank you for the good laugh, this one really made my day

Aye, i agree that Sacred Stones was just plain easy. I completed it a good while back, when i was "marathoning" three of the FE series - FE6, FE7 and FE8 (stones) ... and while the gameplay was as enjoyable as ever, it didn't really offer any challenge. The hard mode was easy, never mind normal. There was nothing remotely hard about it ... FE6 normal mode is more hard than FE8 hard mode. (Actually, FE6 hard mode made me quit out of frustration ... feel the pain of your characters not even matching up to enemy grunts!).

I believe out of those three, FE7 had the best difficulty balance. Normal was ... well ... "normal", albeit slightly easy easy towards the end when you have things like Hector and Florina mowing down everything in their sight, and it would take nothing short of an army to stop them .... oh, wait, that couldn't really stop them either (support bonus for the two on my side helped - just load up Hector and rush to the front lines ), and Hard mode provided a sufficient challenge. FE6 hard mode was a plain nightmare though.

But as far as FE8 goes ...the game was indeed easy. The hard mode felt like what normal should have been like to me. (I liked the branching promotion system though).
Old 2009-02-09, 08:12   Link #137
shinryou
--- semi-hikikomori ---

Sacred Stones was quite easy, simply cause you could level up at the tower, unlike many other FE's that had you playing through the story line with any area to level up... so you had to choose what units u wanted to build up as u couldn' have everyone extremely good.

I just finished Radient Dawn today after putting it off in favour of the other numerous games I newly bought over the holidays.... I found hard mode a little frustrating....

"can't get away... from the sound of life..." - shinryou
shinryou is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-02-09, 08:59   Link #138
Skyfall
Lost in my dreams...

Has very little to do with the tower really, only time i used it for anything other than a test drive the first time i unlocked it, was for catching up Amelia and Ewan. (And to see support conversations). The enemies are simply weak and you are strong. Abuse of the tower can only widen that already large gap i suppose, but there is literally no need. You could literally randomly assemble your group and it wouldn't matter much - you would only own less. Still own though. And that is hardly an exaggeration.
Old 2009-02-09, 10:22   Link #139
Sety
Lost in your Eyes~~~

Quote:
I just finished Radient Dawn today after putting it off in favour of the other numerous games I newly bought over the holidays.... I found hard mode a little frustrating....
I found Radiant Dawn frustrating for other reasons hard mode was one but not in the way you think.

It was the horrible pacing, first act was definitely frustrating no doubt. Second act was okay it actually seemed to have the nice balance of FE7 thats been missing for a while, third and final act were so silly you forgot you were in hard mode but not because the enemies were weak.

This actually leads on to my main complaint of RD. The entire PoR cast returning as demigods, if you had save data from PoR than they were true gods of destruction there was virtually no reason to use the new characters.

Lets not forget how Ike basically hijacked the story, I thought Sothe and Mikaya were supposed to be the leads. Then halfway through you forgot Sothe even existed and Mikaya's role was as a battery...

There was also the really bad story, how some characters were just comically lip licking moustache stroking evil. The random Black Knight 'plot twist' and the weak 'disney' ending as I like to call it. How it jumped everywhere and the lacklustre character development which squandered everything which could've been done back in PoR really.

Oh and the music was meh, it all sounded samey same same and the good tracks could be counted on one hand. Problem is one of them is reused from the previous game.

I mean obviously something is going on over at Intelligent Systems because they just seemed to stop innovating altogether after Shouzo Kaga left and FE6/7 were the last good attempts they made while FE9 was a decent attempt. Gameplay wise FE DS was a nice remake but remakes aren't going to get the series anywhere.
Old 2009-02-09, 10:43   Link #140
serenade_beta
そのおっぱいで13才

Quote:
Its nothing to do with that.

1) Legendary weapons come like a flash flood and early.
2) Trainee classes are stupidly broken once you get them upto lv10, the FE system was never capable of handling 3 tier promotions as FE10 showed as well.
3) Summoners, freakin broken. Powerful fighters, powerful decoys and LUNA.
4) No rankings, no reason to hurry up, no real chapter requirements outside of kill everything. No real replay value outside of powerleveling which is boring really.
5) 22 Chapters only.
6) Every character has godly growths in this game, everyone.
7) Support conversations were far too wordy really, lacked the clever scripting of FE7 or the story development of FE6. Well beyond the Amelia skirt scene.
8) Story and setting was abit plain and generic. Even more so than normal.
10) Hard mode in FE8 wasn't much harder.
1, 2, 4, 5, 7, 8, 10:
Maa... I already went over that, so opinions, I guess on there...

3. Well, at least Luna was weakened in Sacred Stones. It was too strong in the previous games.

Not really, I feel... like Rennac.
And in the end, it depends on luck, and even as a trainee, Ross really turns out to be useless if you don't get the speed and tech he needs...
And GC FE had some pretty nasty growth rates too, if I remember.

9. At least he did something. The dragon might have been stronger, but nothing is more boring than something that just sits there and waits for you to use Luna on it...

Quote:
Sothe
Well, that's why Sothe is used as joke material. Apparently, because he is weak and becomes air story-wise. Apparently because I'm only going by what I heard.