AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Macross > Past Macross Series

Notices

Closed Thread

Old 2008-08-09, 01:45   Link #1221
Tak
Catholic = Cat addiction?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Westlo View Post
^ Don't bother, if you read his excuses for Gundam SEED's obvious faults it's obvious he doesn't want a logical discussion and just wants to continue pushing his agenda.
Does he even have an agenda?

- Tak

Remember, the toes you step on today may be connected to the @ss you have to kiss tomorrow.
Old 2008-08-09, 01:51   Link #1222
Ithekro
Gamilas Falls

Does there even need to be an agenda. This. Is. Macross.
Old 2008-08-09, 01:56   Link #1223
Westlo
Lets be reality

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tak View Post
Does he even have an agenda?

- Tak
To be a troll.

Edit - Wesley such testicular fortitude you have to turn on your rep, neg me and than turn it off again, isn't that against the rules anyway?

Last edited by Westlo; 2008-08-09 at 11:45.
Old 2008-08-09, 03:14   Link #1224
Sleepy100
*snore**snore* zzz.......

Quote:
Originally Posted by dodgethis_sg View Post
http://www.macrossf.com/story/story_list.html

So, who will take the bullet?

Ranshe Mei. The guy was going to assassinate Ranka by orders from NUNS' Leader on Earth. Obviously he failed since Ranka is still alive and well, ten years after the incident.

Was my initial impression.....

More than likely though, that sniper is probably a still image nearing the end of Episode 19 who's looking for a clear shot of Sheryl when she is next to Ranka. Most likely, it is to make Sheryl's assassination look like a botched one on Ranka.
Old 2008-08-09, 03:38   Link #1225
sailorsim

OOo! a sniper. what if it's Micheal's sis?
Old 2008-08-09, 03:40   Link #1226
Wesley84

Quote:
Originally Posted by jonli View Post
That's a bit unfair...

You quite like how Kira survived Athrun's battle? It was an incredible plot hole. And I really dont see how Andy survivng is considered a good move. He actually served no purpose, but just to be alive and say hi. He could've stayed dead and the plot wont change a bit.
The point was for the viewer to share in Kira's confusion. Last thing we (the viewers and Kira) knew, Aegis had blown up in his face. All of a sudden he finds himself in what's essentionally paradise with an enigmatic girl nursing him back to health? This is after at least several episodes of pretty much everyone believeing him to be dead, complete with a variety of reactions ranging from denial, shock, cold acceptance, grief, anger, followed by his seemingly miraculous return from the dead just in time to save everyone's lives.

I wish all plotholes created such drama.

Quote:
Altering the plot for model sales is also a sign for poor writing. The Buster Gundam was made into a good guy just so that they could sell more toys. Ridiculous.
It didn't alter the plot, and it provided a new perspective on the war, as well as showing another way of people finding common ground with one another. Making Deraka a "good guy" worked out fine, and he was giving a more significant role than he otherwise would have recieved, which is usually a good thing for secondary characters.

The way I see it, they got really lucky when they put Seed together. They dodged some crazy bullets (Flay's a bomb? ), and created a war story that flowed together. It wasn't perfect, especially in regards to how it treated technology (Phase-shift armor shouldn't have protected Genesis), but by that point, you didn't care. You liked the characters. Not as colorful a cast as most series, actually fairly humble and down to earth, but you liked what they were trying to do, and you hopefully feared for everyone's lives in what was an increasingly desperate situation.
Old 2008-08-09, 03:43   Link #1227
Tak
Catholic = Cat addiction?

Why would the sniper target Sheryl if she is confined in Alto's home? With Ranka nowhere beside her?

- Tak

Remember, the toes you step on today may be connected to the @ss you have to kiss tomorrow.
Old 2008-08-09, 06:21   Link #1228
linage
Addicted to Rice

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sleepy100 View Post
Ranshe Mei. The guy was going to assassinate Ranka by orders from NUNS' Leader on Earth. Obviously he failed since Ranka is still alive and well, ten years after the incident.

Was my initial impression.....

More than likely though, that sniper is probably a still image nearing the end of Episode 19 who's looking for a clear shot of Sheryl when she is next to Ranka. Most likely, it is to make Sheryl's assassination look like a botched one on Ranka.
In what bases you got all those *wild* ideas. NUNS' Leader on Earth? where did this came from and the incident 10yrs ago were caused by Vajra not a human.
Old 2008-08-09, 07:52   Link #1229
glyph

Quote:
Originally Posted by dodgethis_sg View Post
http://www.macrossf.com/story/story_list.html

So, who will take the bullet?
Mini lobster Ai-kun or one of his fellow critters?
Old 2008-08-09, 08:17   Link #1230
mike_s_6

Quote:
Originally Posted by glyph View Post
Mini lobster Ai-kun or one of his fellow critters?
http://img49.imageshack.us/img49/531...9065125ua3.jpg

Spoiler for :
Old 2008-08-09, 15:06   Link #1231
squaresphere
Macross Lifer!

obviously the sniper is Grace and she's gonna take out Pres Glass just cause she can or Leon asked nice.
Old 2008-08-09, 18:22   Link #1232
Prov1

Quote:
Originally Posted by squaresphere View Post
obviously the sniper is Grace and she's gonna take out Pres Glass just cause she can or Leon asked nice.
Nooooooo!!! They're going after Ai kun!!! They finally found him the special Vajra
Old 2008-08-09, 18:30   Link #1233
ZippyDSM
Incoherance is my friend!

So ranka is not a clone(do we know who her parents are yet?) and Sheryl is as good as one(orphan+infection), oh what fun this show is turning out to be :X
Old 2008-08-09, 18:37   Link #1234
Ithekro
Gamilas Falls

If either is a clone....a clone of who and why?

Sharon Apple made flesh (oh wait, no).

Their potental biologocal parents could be awesome enough without needing to be clones.
Old 2008-08-09, 18:42   Link #1235
ZippyDSM
Incoherance is my friend!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ithekro View Post
If either is a clone....a clone of who and why?

Sharon Apple made flesh (oh wait, no).

Their potental biologocal parents could be awesome enough without needing to be clones.
Clone=predictable cliche
:P

but Sheryl was an orphan(at what we know so far) and Ranka could be be DR Moa nomes kid or clone, in any case thins are getting good now that we have left SOLvil!
Old 2008-08-09, 19:44   Link #1236
Wesley84

Look out everyone! It's Lee Harvey Oswald the 4th!
Old 2008-08-09, 20:05   Link #1237
NaweG
Just some guy

I'd be more worried if it were Golgo 13...
Old 2008-08-09, 20:20   Link #1238
Wesley84

Anyway, my guess is it's Ranka they're going for. She's saved the fleet, but the fact is she also attracts the damn things. She's a liability now. That's my guess anyway.
Old 2008-08-09, 20:34   Link #1239
Westlo
Lets be reality

Why would Grace and faction try and kill Ranka?
Old 2008-08-09, 22:55   Link #1240
Sleepy100
*snore**snore* zzz.......

Quote:
Originally Posted by linage View Post
In what bases you got all those *wild* ideas. NUNS' Leader on Earth? where did this came from and the incident 10yrs ago were caused by Vajra not a human.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Darial View Post
Q10: Are we going to see more of the adult characters (Ozma and co.)?

Of course, they are in a different position then Alto's group by investigating the conspiracy behind the Vajra war. There are some surprising confrontations coming up. Please look forward to it.
For me to answer your question you must first know a few my other theories.

I'm of the opinion that Vajra is a victim of politics along with Frontier. The question then becomes who gains the most with the defeat of the Vajra? Seriously, Vajra is like a Ghost with unlimited ammunition. Plus they get stronger the more you injure them and cheaper in cost than a Ghost. Not to mention an internal fold device allowing them to fold almost anywhere. Who gains the most? NUNS on earth.

17 years ago, humanity met Vajra for the first time. At the same time, the V-virus started infecting people and animals alike. The leading team looking for the cure consists of three scientists: Ranshe Mei, Mao Nome, and Grace O'Connor of the 117th fleet. For them to even begin research, they need funding.

Theory of how they got funding: They submitted a thesis to the government stating a correlation between the V-virus and the Vajra corpse. Further more in the report, they sent all the data they have on the Vajra corpse they encountered. The data is the same exact data that Leon told Ozma and other survivors in episode 5. The three scientists are given funding to find a cure to the V-virus provided they also figure out a way to control the Vajra.

Theory of 117th Research Results: Data reveals correlation between the virus, Vajra and a control unit known as the Queen. Results causes dissent among the three scientists. At this time, NUNS request all data pertaining to the Vajra. Ranshe and Mao refuses. They put the result of their research into Q1 aka Ranka.

Theory of cause of 117th fleet destruction: Whoever can control the Vajra gains almost absolute power. NUNS finds out the existence of Q1 and orders her retrieval. If retrieval impossible, destroy her. Brera finds out and feels his powerlessness. He goes to the Vajra for help. The Vajra responds by sending out a fleet to retrieve Ranka. 117th fleet detects the Vajra. Orders to intercept Victor 3 given. Battle fought and 117th lost. NUNS thought Q1 destroyed along with 117th fleet.

That's what I think, though it's so far out I'm beginning to think I'm totally wrong. And why do I get the feeling that I'm on quite a few people's ignore list?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tak View Post
Why would the sniper target Sheryl if she is confined in Alto's home? With Ranka nowhere beside her?

- Tak
Episode 20 takes place at Mihoshi Academy. I did say that the image is taken near the end of episode 19, with the sniper looking into Mihoshi Academy.

Last edited by Sleepy100; 2008-08-09 at 23:06.
Closed Thread

Tags
speculation, spoilers