Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Code Geass

Notices

Old 2009-10-21, 02:51   Link #21861
bladeofdarkness
Um-Shmum

Location: at GNR, bringing you the truth, no matter how bad it hurts
at the start of the anime kallen was interested in him to some degree
her image of him suffered somewhat after turn 9 when he gave her the "as long as you lower your head everythings alright" talk
after she slapped him she admits that she thought he was better then this

her disinterest with lelouch the student is based on a facade that he actively coltivated for the PURPOSE of keeping her at bay
sheirly admited that she didnt like him all that much either before she saw a glimpse of his real self
kallen saw considerably MORE then a glimpse of his real self, but she also saw a considerable amount of dickishness on his part which he did in order to keep her away

she basiclly spends the entire second season trying to sort out the truth from the lies
which is, considering lelouch's character" a mighty task indeed
Old 2009-10-21, 03:10   Link #21862
SonOfHeaven
Metal Gear!?

Quote:
Originally Posted by HollowScar View Post
I wonder, if both Lelouch and Zero were two different entities, would she still have the same feelings for Lelouch?
That's an what-if scenario for an fanfic. In my eyes it ain't important. For example, If someone else was Zero and wasn't skilled in battle tactics and no geass. Would Kallen be alive? You can apply these things(what-ifs) to many people.

I just go with the series personally. Its not like she loved Lelouch at the beginning of R2 when he was Zero. She even left him at the end of S1. Kallen was trying and did separate Lelouch and Zero. She even wonder to herself at one point who was the real Lelouch at turn 17(Talks with Nunnally helped her out along with the picture book).

She later on was willing to forsake herself, her future with her mom, brother's dream just to get an answer from Lelouch(Later on not willing to move on from him without one). Kallen loved Lelouch for who he was. It was an part of her development in R2.
Old 2009-10-21, 04:30   Link #21863
Lolipopo
Srsly ?
*Artist

@Nobodyman : Simple. The fact she lived gave her plenty more time with Lelouch or involved in the romantic field.
And when I say 90% it would be more like 80%.
Yeah 10% Go to Shirley and 10 % to C.C..
Happy ?
She outrun your favorite anyway so I don't see the point in talking about the number of percent. Nipticking much ?

Quote:
I wonder, if both Lelouch and Zero were two different entities, would she still have the same feelings for Lelouch?

Also, Kallen was intellectually very smart. I wonder, why she lacked the capability to be a leader like Zero.
It doesn't really matter since in the end it's official she fell in love with the man behind the mask, aka Lelouch. Had Lelouch not been Zero, he wouldn't have been the hero so this question is kinda bull. He might as well not have existed at all, so the real question would be "Had Lelouch not existed, would she have the same feelings for M. Invisible ?'

So...yeah.

I'd say Kallen's feelings for Zero were her feelings for an idea. And the fact she had wet dreams about him...for a physic she pictured as handsome. Some might argue it's comparable to people's attraction to their idols or things like that. But In the end, you can only fall in love with the person behind all those parkles. So yeah, love, that is.

Lolipopo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-10-21, 05:41   Link #21864
Bonzo
I change anime endings.

Send a message via MSN to Bonzo
This is the last preview before next release, this time I made a good page, I know, Kallen seems totally mad.

Spoiler for Kallen/guren real power:
Bonzo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-10-21, 08:19   Link #21865
Paladinoras
Pancakes

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bonzo View Post
This is the last preview before next release, this time I made a good page, I know, Kallen seems totally mad.

Spoiler for Kallen/guren real power:
My god..the guren actually looks better than the actual anime. nice job, keep it up.

Credit to Godlike1889 for the sig!
Paladinoras is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-10-21, 13:49   Link #21866
Nobodyman9
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lolipopo View Post
@Nobodyman : Simple. The fact she lived gave her plenty more time with Lelouch or involved in the romantic field.
And when I say 90% it would be more like 80%.
Yeah 10% Go to Shirley and 10 % to C.C..
Happy ?
She outrun your favorite anyway so I don't see the point in talking about the number of percent. Nipticking much ?
Hey, I call 'em as I see 'em. 90% for Kalulu just seemed like an exaggeration to me, but this isn't the thread to be discussing what percentage of romantic development was made between Lelouch and each of the eligible bachelorettes (unless that bachelorette is Kallen) so I'll take it to the romance thread.
Nobodyman9 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-10-22, 00:45   Link #21867
HollowScar

Send a message via Yahoo to HollowScar
How about the tension between Kallen and C.C.? I notice, in the end C.C. went solo. They did have a sort of estranged relationship, and sort of gave the impression of disapproval of the other. What do you think?
HollowScar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-10-22, 01:55   Link #21868
Full Metal Coast
-Gantzer-

Location: Perth, Western Australia - Down Where The City Meets The Sea
Quote:
How about the tension between Kallen and C.C.? I notice, in the end C.C. went solo. They did have a sort of estranged relationship, and sort of gave the impression of disapproval of the other. What do you think?
yeah i also noticed that but always put it down to C.C. being jealous because of Kallen's position with Lelouch as his protector and love interest. while Kallen was jealous of C.C. because Lelouch would always first confide in C.C.
Old 2009-10-22, 02:12   Link #21869
Paladinoras
Pancakes

Quote:
Originally Posted by Full Metal Coast View Post
yeah i also noticed that but always put it down to C.C. being jealous because of Kallen's position with Lelouch as his protector and love interest. while Kallen was jealous of C.C. because Lelouch would always first confide in C.C.
Or maybe because C.C always strips to near nakedness in Lelouch's private chambers, and they spend hours together. And Kallen went in to hear C.C telling Lelouch to take off his clothes. So yeah.

Credit to Godlike1889 for the sig!
Paladinoras is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-10-22, 02:36   Link #21870
Rising Dragon
Goat Herder
*Author

Last I checked the two of them were friends, due to all the time they spent together between season 1 and R2.
Old 2009-10-22, 02:42   Link #21871
Knightrunner

I kind of feel like their dispute was already settled during there knightmare battle showing C2 that she had a competitive side.

Overall, I think there may be a few akward moments when talking about lelouch but when they meet again they would be in good terms.
Knightrunner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-10-22, 03:13   Link #21872
Full Metal Coast
-Gantzer-

Location: Perth, Western Australia - Down Where The City Meets The Sea
Quote:
Originally Posted by Paladinoras View Post
Or maybe because C.C always strips to near nakedness in Lelouch's private chambers, and they spend hours together. And Kallen went in to hear C.C telling Lelouch to take off his clothes. So yeah.
well i suppose i could see the misunderstanding there.
Old 2009-10-22, 14:14   Link #21873
yvj
U Mad?

Nothing special here: Tossing out some stuff to renew my Kalulu/Kallenfanboy membership card.

Spoiler for Membership dues:
Old 2009-10-22, 18:30   Link #21874
Knightrunner

Who thinks they can make a story where Kallen moves on from Lelouch and she doesn't have to use a knightmare anymore?
Old 2009-10-22, 18:38   Link #21875
yvj
U Mad?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Knightrunner View Post
Who thinks they can make a story where Kallen moves on from Lelouch and she doesn't have to use a knightmare anymore?
I am currently working on a story concerning part of that.
Old 2009-10-22, 19:40   Link #21876
Bonzo
I change anime endings.

Quote:
I did it already, but she married lelouch.
Old 2009-10-22, 20:00   Link #21877
Rising Dragon
Goat Herder
*Author

Then that's, uh, not doing it already. Kallen marrying Lelouch is about as far as you can be from Kallen moving on from Lelouch. O.o
Old 2009-10-22, 20:12   Link #21878
Bonzo
I change anime endings.

I know, in fact i written "but".

For the aspect she "doesn't have to use a knightmare anymore", that's present, the only knightmares she will touch...they will be gunpla.
Old 2009-10-22, 20:16   Link #21879
Knightrunner

Quote:
Originally Posted by yvj View Post
I am currently working on a story concerning part of that.
That is cool. Just trying to get the feel of her personality without the battles and moving on.
Old 2009-10-22, 21:01   Link #21880
SonOfHeaven
Metal Gear!?

Quote:
That is cool. Just trying to get the feel of her personality without the battles and moving on.
I guess for myself. Since R2 developed her toward Lelouch mostly. Would like to see her as an individual(maybe more info on her background/family) than trying to pursue an relationship with someone for no apparent reason. If I were to do an fanfic, I'll use her after series R2 character song(profile as well) as an base/starting point for her character after the ending.