AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Retired > Retired M-Z > Shana

Notices

View Poll Results: Shakugan no Shana III - Episode 5 Rating
Perfect 10 7 12.73%
9 out of 10 : Excellent 10 18.18%
8 out of 10 : Very Good 17 30.91%
7 out of 10 : Good 12 21.82%
6 out of 10 : Average 5 9.09%
5 out of 10 : Below Average 3 5.45%
4 out of 10 : Poor 1 1.82%
3 out of 10 : Bad 0 0%
2 out of 10 : Very Bad 0 0%
1 out of 10 : Painful 0 0%
Voters: 55. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread

Old 2011-11-04, 22:19   Link #21
redflame

ahh then I apologize to anyone who has read my post and has spoiled it. D:
Old 2011-11-04, 22:29   Link #22
ars89
One-Eyed Dragon

Liked the flashbacks. Still have no idea what their plan is, but they even got Lamie now so it must be good.
Old 2011-11-04, 23:21   Link #23
lightbringer
M9000

Always thought Lamie if anyone would not be affiliated with a faction, who knew he'd be with Bal Masque. I'm glad that he's back on screen though, he's one of my favourite characters. Kind of sad that there aren't more Shana/Yuuji moments and I still can't figure out what's going on in Hecate's head even after rewatching the last two seasons, but her interaction with Sidonay was promising.
Old 2011-11-05, 00:04   Link #24
Chaos2Frozen
We're Back

There's a lot of stuff happening in this episode, but they don't really make any progress in the grand scheme of things. A surprising lack of Yoshida as well, given how they allocated time to show how every one was taking this shocking turn of events I thought they would spare 30 seconds on emo-Yoshida in a dark room

Also, this is the first time Yuuji lost his cool composure since this season started, I guess it only goes to show that you can't win a girl's heart with just fancy clothes, a castle with a view, and a really big sword
Old 2011-11-05, 00:11   Link #25
Rising Dragon
Goat Herder
*Author

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chaos2Frozen View Post
Also, this is the first time Yuuji lost his cool composure since this season started, I guess it only goes to show that you can't win a girl's heart with just fancy clothes, a castle with a view, and a really big sword
Shana: What the hell do you think this is? Final Fantasy?
Old 2011-11-05, 00:24   Link #26
Primary Consult

Quote:
Originally Posted by alvinkhorfire View Post
I really do not understand why Shana's capture by Yuji has caused Chigusa to lose all memory of Shana.
It's because Chigusa's memory of Shana is tied to Yukari (the girl Shana took over at the beginning of the series). The moment Shana's power was bound, Yukari ceased to exist (hopefully temporarily). Ogata, et al probably lost her as well.

Loving this season so far...
Old 2011-11-05, 00:35   Link #27
Chaos2Frozen
We're Back

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chaos2Frozen View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rising Dragon View Post
Shana: What the hell do you think this is? Final Fantasy?
AH! I got it!

He's missing the hair!
Old 2011-11-05, 00:39   Link #28
Om Nerabdator
~Maru~

god that was a slow episode 5/10
Old 2011-11-05, 00:59   Link #29
relentlessflame

*Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by alvinkhorfire View Post
Well, my guess is something likes this. Early posters, like us, would have watched the raw version of the episode, as we cannot bear the wait for the subbed version. On the other hand, others may choose to wait for the subbed version, in order to obtain the complete understanding of the episode.

The whole point of using spoiler tags is that we early viewers do not want to spoil those who choose to wait for the subbed version. Only after the subbed versions are readily available, we would stop using the spoiler tags.

relentlessflame, if you wish us to follow your suggestion, we would gladly do so. No spoiler tags will be used, other than when referencing the already shown novel content.
All of these principles make total sense for shows that don't have sub-forums, because everything's bunched up in one thread and you don't know on the way in if people are talking about last week's episode or the raws. But if you think about it, why would someone click on an Episode 5 thread if they didn't want to read about Episode 5 yet...?

So yeah, anytime on AnimeSuki that there's a sub-forum and episode threads, raw watchers can post about those episodes without spoiler tags. It's not necessary in that case. As was said, comparing to *already shown* source material is basically the only time you'd need spoiler tags.
Old 2011-11-05, 03:10   Link #30
~Yami~
a random Indonesian otaku

slow pace indeed.... too much emo scene but I'm okay with this...
so after Yuji left, now it's Shana's turn... we're advancing to more serious plot (Wilhelmina is alone while Margery is in sleeping beauty mode)

awww... Yuji got mindbreak after indirect rejection from Shana.... hahaha
Alastor doesn't do anything as well... if Rammie wasn't disturbing, we will got a 'huge' development in Yuji X Shana relationship... lol

yeah! we need more Yuji X Shana scene...
too bad that in next episode, Saitou will be the story's main focus....
Old 2011-11-05, 03:33   Link #31
Om Nerabdator
~Maru~

Quote:
Originally Posted by ~Yami~ View Post
yeah! we need more Yuji X Shana scene...
too bad that in next episode, Saitou will be the story's main focus....
i dont mind that, im looking forward to seeing other flame hazes apart from the main 3
Old 2011-11-05, 05:13   Link #32
ElricKeyblade

Rated 8/10 purely for not enough Shana/Yuji scenes...

Though I did enjoy the MAJOR one we got.
Old 2011-11-05, 08:09   Link #33
hyl
reading #hikaributts

After the second season i am not surprised anymore that Shana has too many slow epsiodes. There are some thing that lead to something in the future episodes, but i don't think that it will keep the attention of too many people.
Old 2011-11-05, 12:33   Link #34
Flawfinder
Loves the Experience

I'm starting to root for the bad guys as of now. Why? Because they're the only interesting characters in this show. This episode was so slow and the only times I wasn't bored was when the bad guys showed up and spoke their piece. It doesn't even have stuff I can make fun of, like Guilty Crown and Persona 4.

My Awesome Anime Blog: Standing On My Neck
Old 2011-11-05, 13:20   Link #35
Ec1ge
A true 灼眼のシャナ Shanite. :D

Episode was slow but kinda good. 7/10
Flashbacks were nice, but not neccessarily needed. :l
Old 2011-11-05, 14:21   Link #36
ookamigirl

Shana captured..
The flashback part was kinda nice ^^
I liked the childhood theme, it was sweet.

My Blog --> ookami
Old 2011-11-05, 14:37   Link #37
Ec1ge

Quote:
Originally Posted by ookamigirl View Post
Shana captured..
The flashback part was kinda nice ^^
I liked the childhood theme, it was sweet.
The childhood theme was nice and cute :'D
And the other flashback also symbolized [in a sense] what a Flame Haze's life would inevitably be like with the whole "Being alone for hundreds of years thing"
Old 2011-11-05, 15:11   Link #38
Archon_Wing
On a mission
*Author

Send a message via MSN to Archon_Wing
The episode starts with Shana thinking that Yuji's trying to grab her nonexistent breasts. Fortunately, it was a dream. The reality is much worse.

It was on the slow side, with some rather questionable editing near the end but it had good atmosphere, nice BGM, and that gag about Wilhelmina's fashion sense was funny.

I liked the flashback about loli(er) Shana, and that Council of Evil was fairly well done, instead of that stupid party of freaks which I could never take seriously.

And the episode wins the "This will inspire perverted fanfiction" award for that bed scene, even if Yuji wasn't meaning to do THAT. But still, the way it looks. >.>

I also thought Hecate was funny. She seemed to show more personality for quite a while and that face after asking what everyone was laughing about was priceless. Subtly dissing Sydonay was funny as well.

Also what the hell is Dantalion doing with Domino. Oh, I don't want to know.

I give this episode 7 +1 for the bed lulz for a total of 8/10. Yuji's other voice still sounds stupid on him though.

Avatar/Sig courtesy of TheEroKing
Guild Wars 2 SN: ArchonWing.9480
MyAnimeList || Reviews

Last edited by Archon_Wing; 2011-11-05 at 15:30.
Old 2011-11-05, 15:17   Link #39
Ec1ge

Quote:
Originally Posted by Archon_Wing View Post
The episode starts with Shana thinking that Yuji's trying to grab her nonexistent breasts. Fortunately, it was a dream. The reality is much worse.

It was on the slow side, with some rather questionable editing near the end but it had good atmosphere, nice BGM, and that gag about Wilhelmina's fashion sense was funny.

I liked the flashback about loli(er) Shana, and that Council of Evil was fairly well done, instead of that stupid party of freaks which I could never take seriously.

And the episode wins the "This will inspire perverted fanfiction" award for that bed scene, even if Yuji wasn't meaning to do THAT. But still, the way it looks. >.>

I also thought Hecate was funny. She seemed to show more personality as a while and that face after asking what everyone was laughing about was priceless. Subtly dissing Sydonay was funny as well.

I give this episode 7 +1 for the bed lulz for a total of 8/10. Yuji's other voice still sounds stupid on him though.
Harsh and too the point. DAMN. LOL
Old 2011-11-05, 18:44   Link #40
panpanpanpanmelonpan
Mikki

Mneh, it was okay. There wasn't enough explanation. It had its funny bits but most of it was just switching between people's POVs after the battle, as I was expecting. XD That one... er, awkward Shana and Yuji scene was my favourite in the episode, that and the one at the end with Hecate, Sydonay and Bel-Peol (and don't forget Dantalion and Domino! ). I gotta say, the Snake of Festival Yuji is starting to grow on me, I remember in the first season when Shana was training Yuji and he got moody with her, she sort of had a mini-breakdown when she was fighting a Rinne later in the city. I remember then that Yuji promised her to get stronger, and he did. XD I still can't take that hair though. ¬¬

Quote:

I also thought Hecate was funny. She seemed to show more personality for quite a while and that face after asking what everyone was laughing about was priceless. Subtly dissing Sydonay was funny as well.

I just love the comedic images yet rationality in that post y'got yourself there. XD
Closed Thread