AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Related Topics > Light Novels

Notices

Old 2006-08-13, 13:42   Link #121
Reil

Thanks for the summary Miles, I'd read all the spoilers, but I had been confused about their order.

P.S. Judging from how much I enjoy re-watching/reading all parts of this series, I'm not to worried about having it "Spoiled"
Reil is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-08-13, 13:50   Link #122
masterwok

wow thanks miles teg for the explanation and is this from the novels.
masterwok is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-08-13, 20:15   Link #123
Vanehei
Sousuke rules

Send a message via MSN to Vanehei
Thank you very much Miles Teg. I think that my confution start because the part 4th and 5th were explained almost together. So..now we sould wait another month to see what is nex..
Hey.. anybody has images for part 5th?
Vanehei is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-08-14, 11:05   Link #124
HunterSeeker
The Spirit of Steel

Location: HKSAR, PRC, Asia, The Earth, The Milky Way Galaxy, The Universe.
Send a message via MSN to HunterSeeker
[Introductory mode]
Greetings guys. I joined this forum just because of this sub-forum. :P
I live in Hong Kong so you guess, I watch the series with Chinese subtitles (produced from mainland). So there may be some differences in names.
[/Introductory mode]

Back to the topic. It's nice to see some information that I'm still unknown(eg. the brief summary of MMD episode 5). And after I read the entries in this thread I'll try to do some clear-ups. (You guess it, I've already gone through all the novels with major plots :P)
Spoiler:

Oh, sorry for the "somehow rude" introduction. Just like to share informations with each other. Sorry if you feel offended.
HunterSeeker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-08-14, 12:12   Link #125
Miles Teg

Quote:
Originally Posted by HunterSeeker
1. At the end of BOMF, the one who was contacting with Wraith is the fat dude representing the Intel Department of Mithril (forgot his name). They seemed to break apart from their heads' orders and try to complete ARX-8 on their own.
(Does it mean some Mithril officials survived the attack?)
The member of Mithril's Intelligence Department in Hong Kong is Gavin Hunter (seen in ODBD), I think you were speaking about him.

Quote:
5. It's uncommon in the FMP community around me suspects that Kalinin is a double-sided spy.
It's a popular theory, but I really don't know what to think about Kalinin at this stage. At the same time it's easy to label him a traitor with the way he has acted in COMO and the fact that he has meet Leonard at the end of DVMC.
Miles Teg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-08-14, 16:08   Link #126
masterwok

can anyone show me a picture of the arx-8
masterwok is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-08-14, 19:00   Link #127
fel1138

It's a "DUH" comment that some of Mithril's top brass survived. As noted on fmp.abstratica.org and in this forum's FAQ, Courtney is one of Mithril's five military heads.
I don't believe that DGSE is looking to choose sides. If anything, it's looking to exploit secrets. The same view was partly shared by the U.S. in the original FMP! anime, if the admiral's questions about the TDD mean anything.
And lastly, what's this about a new Behemoth?
fel1138 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-08-14, 20:30   Link #128
HunterSeeker
The Spirit of Steel

Quote:
Originally Posted by fel1138
I don't believe that DGSE is looking to choose sides. If anything, it's looking to exploit secrets. The same view was partly shared by the U.S. in the original FMP! anime, if the admiral's questions about the TDD mean anything.
And lastly, what's this about a new Behemoth?
In MMD03, there's a while for Lemon's head in DGSE spoke to him that "they haven't decided that they should become hostile with Amalgam".
As for the new Benemoth, it's just the model code of which is released at the end of BOMF.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Miles Teg
The member of Mithril's Intelligence Department in Hong Kong is Gavin Hunter (seen in ODBD), I think you were speaking about him.
Yes, that's him.
Old 2006-08-22, 00:57   Link #129
Killa_hurtz
THE SousukexKaname Fan

Hello, newcomer here

Hi, I just signed up to Anime Suki, the FMP novels being the main reason why.

Let me explain my recent past

In the course of the past one week, almost exactly, I have watched all of FMP, FUMOFFU, TSR subbed, and read DVMC and COMO (read them yesterday and today respectively) for the first time.

Needless to say, I'm a bit Full Metal-ed Out...and a bit restless after I finished reading COMO ( poor Kaname)

I glanced at some of summaries already for BOMF, but for the most part am trying to keep myself unspoiled until the translations come out...Even though I really want to know things for Sousuke and Kaname turn out for the better.

Anyway, as an introduction treat to this topic, allow me to post a personal favorite SousukexKaname AMV for you to enjoy. I feel it rings even more true after the events of COMO

Far Away for Far Too Long

I hope you like
Killa_hurtz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-08-22, 04:33   Link #130
HunterSeeker
The Spirit of Steel

News for MMD05 (from September Dragon Mag):
1. Sousuake received help from a Mithril officer (forget his name, appeared in a short story before) and Lemon, but he seemed can't recover for actions shortly.
2. Elsewhere, Chidori knew he was alive by hearing Lee's conversation with her maid, and decided to get rid of her dull behivavor before.......
3. The remainants of ARX-7 seemed to be chased by 3 Codarl-m, and will be captured if they got that.

In this Mag also described some data of ARX-8, in SRW style (A for Air, and have a MAP weapons, sort of), way to go, AL!
Old 2006-08-22, 09:26   Link #131
Sankari

Question and some spoilers can come here

So where is the serie at the moment regarding the novels? I haven't been checking out this sub-forum ever since 2nd season stopped airing. So I'd like to catch up because I'm really interested how its going to end!
Sankari is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-08-22, 12:26   Link #132
Generalgm
Eager Young Space Cadet

Quote:
News for MMD05 (from September Dragon Mag):
1. Sousuake received help from a Mithril officer (forget his name, appeared in a short story before) and Lemon, but he seemed can't recover for actions shortly.
2. Elsewhere, Chidori knew he was alive by hearing Lee's conversation with her maid, and decided to get rid of her dull behivavor before.......
3. The remainants of ARX-7 seemed to be chased by 3 Codarl-m, and will be captured if they got that.

In this Mag also described some data of ARX-8, in SRW style (A for Air, and have a MAP weapons, sort of), way to go, AL!
any pics of any sort?
Old 2006-08-22, 14:26   Link #133
Killa_hurtz
THE SousukexKaname Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sankari
So where is the serie at the moment regarding the novels? I haven't been checking out this sub-forum ever since 2nd season stopped airing. So I'd like to catch up because I'm really interested how its going to end!
The anime and manga are so far behind the novels it's not even funny, in fact...it's rather frustrating.

The novels are currently three 6-8 episode story arcs ahead of the anime, and the progression is picking up faster and faster
Old 2006-08-22, 19:54   Link #134
Reil

The anime is VERY behind granted, but so far the production values have been outstanding. It even seems like the animators/voice actors/directors have been giving better and better performances as the anime progresses.

Because of the success of the first three series, and the awesome developments taking place in the novels, I don't think a fourth season is too terribly far behind. Even if we have to wait till all the novels are finished I would be very interested in watching the anime. I enjoy both the novels and anime on different levels and have re-read/watched both many times. My only hope is that they can keep the outstanding production values in whatever future anime they decide to produce, that was one of my main initial attractions to the series.
Reil is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-08-23, 00:26   Link #135
HunterSeeker
The Spirit of Steel

Quote:
Originally Posted by Generalgm
any pics of any sort?
Spoiler:

And also, this DM also described some details for the newest novel (in the stickied thread).
Old 2006-08-23, 00:27   Link #136
Killa_hurtz
THE SousukexKaname Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Reil
The anime is VERY behind granted, but so far the production values have been outstanding. It even seems like the animators/voice actors/directors have been giving better and better performances as the anime progresses.
Not counting FUMOFFU, right?

Fumoffu LOOKED terrible I think, the character's always looked a little off from the first series, and all in all it didn't look clean at all, most likely due to switching to Kyoto animation. Thankfully they made up for that in TSR, which is the best looking of the three series, characters, scenery, action, the whole package looked phenominal
Old 2006-08-23, 00:59   Link #137
Generalgm
Eager Young Space Cadet

Quote:
Spoiler:

And also, this DM also described some details for the newest novel (in the stickied thread).
You are the MAN!!!! or lady... lol
Old 2006-08-23, 01:05   Link #138
HunterSeeker
The Spirit of Steel

Quote:
Originally Posted by Killa_hurtz
Not counting FUMOFFU, right?

Fumoffu LOOKED terrible I think, the character's always looked a little off from the first series, and all in all it didn't look clean at all, most likely due to switching to Kyoto animation. Thankfully they made up for that in TSR, which is the best looking of the three series, characters, scenery, action, the whole package looked phenominal
In fact Fumoffo are based on the short stories, which are basically humourous ones other than serious ones. IMO it's a nice break from the fighting in FMP and let us have something to laugh for.
Old 2006-08-23, 01:31   Link #139
Killa_hurtz
THE SousukexKaname Fan

I know Hunter, FUMOFFU was funny and great, but the animation production value was attrocious compared to the other two series

Allow me to explain:

Kaname Chidori - Full Metal Panic

Kaname Chidori - The Second Raid

Kaname Chidori - FUMOFFU

And while we are still on the subject of pictures again...

Niiiiiiiiiiiiice...

Last edited by Killa_hurtz; 2006-08-23 at 05:08.
Old 2006-08-23, 14:04   Link #140
Shivan

Send a message via MSN to Shivan
Hi everybody!
I'm from Italy, but i'm trying to follow the fantastic FMP's series with spoilers and reading books.
I've just finished reading COMO and i found this fantastic forum...
I've a question for the fantastic person who helps us to have many news from japan...

Quote:
Spoiler:
Is it possibile that
Spoiler:

Thank You very much! ^_^
Shivan is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
light novels, mecha, shounen