Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series

Notices

Old 2011-09-18, 13:02   Link #1701
LuxorMG
ItadakiMAKO

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jeffry2009 View Post
Someone in a thread said that you can see the Ouroboros symbol on the Sternbild Dollar?

We were absolutely right!! And it finally happened!
Not only that, but look what I found somewhere else:

Spoiler for tall pic:

You can all probably guess that the dollar's hidden watermark (LOL watermark) and the city layout have something to do with Ouroburos, which would mean Maverick was NOT the top dog. And when one of the heroes asked if he were the boss, he didn't reply. The search for Ouroburos will probably be season 2's premise.
LuxorMG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-09-18, 13:12   Link #1702
Kaioshin Sama
Banned

Send a message via MSN to Kaioshin Sama
Okay my final and only word on the T&B demographics topic. If people REALLY want to get an idea of which demographics support the show and what their overall makeup is, just try to find out who attends the Tiger & Bunny Super Event in November. It's an actual gathering of fans as opposed to an anonymous internet gathering so you can get actual hard data on the demographic breakdown of the fandom that way and who the shows biggest supporters are just by who shows up.
Kaioshin Sama is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-09-18, 13:15   Link #1703
fertygo
Hyakko Fanboy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dean_the_Young View Post
There's also the difference between the consumer base and the consumer base that bothers to draw up fan-art (and then post it on a certain board). The pixiv ratios are only concretely demonstrative of the fanart that gets put up on pixiv. Even ignoring how even that ratio of artist support could be skewed by yaoi-fans possibly publishing more art per artist than non-yaoi fans, pixiv doesn't have a direct correlation by default to all Tiber and Bunny fan-artists, and fan-artists don't have a direct correleation to fans.
L.O.L

Bake and Madoka setting record in pixiv, the result? two of most prolific seller in anime-tv industry.

And most (if not ALL) of anime hits that gaining profit is doing well in fan-art, you may don't know but more "fan"-art is means = more request (more doujin sell in comiket too) = more fan = its implying the theory's correct.

If you want counter me, find a anime "bust" in term of profit that doing well in fanart or vice versa.

Why the feck some of you butt hurt with the statement (or fact) the majority fan of T&B is fujoushi anyway?

Its a well-known fact most of 2ch poster or blogger in japan that watching T&B is women that posting thing like "Barnaby kyaaaaaaaaa" or (Barnaby & Kotetsu kyun" (or something like that. I don't understand the memes) all the time, that's also reflected in yaoi fanart.

Even if we're wrong its mean they're homos not women.
Old 2011-09-18, 13:57   Link #1704
~BC~

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kaioshin Sama View Post
Okay my final and only word on the T&B demographics topic. If people REALLY want to get an idea of which demographics support the show and what their overall makeup is, just try to find out who attends the Tiger & Bunny Super Event in November. It's an actual gathering of fans as opposed to an anonymous internet gathering so you can get actual hard data on the demographic breakdown of the fandom that way and who the shows biggest supporters are just by who shows up.
That wouldn't really tell us anything either. People might not attend for any number of reasons (the theater event, for example, only had 400 seats available). Doesn't mean they don't count.

What I don't get is this idea that Sunrise has to go out of it's way to please fujoshi in the first place. It's not like having the protagonists in straight romances has ever stopped the fandom from buying products anyway. SEED comes to mind.
~BC~ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-09-18, 14:03   Link #1705
ookamigirl

Maverick sure is a special kind of villain.
Heroes vs androids. They were no match. The close call barely avoided.
That Maverick sure was persistent till the end. Using his power on himself...
I'm glad Kotetsu was ok.
Both tiger & bunny retiring.. or are they really? LOL
Nice final episode.

My Blog --> ookami
ookamigirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-09-18, 14:42   Link #1706
Kaioshin Sama
Banned

Send a message via MSN to Kaioshin Sama
Quote:
Originally Posted by ~BC~ View Post
That wouldn't really tell us anything either. People might not attend for any number of reasons (the theater event, for example, only had 400 seats available). Doesn't mean they don't count.

What I don't get is this idea that Sunrise has to go out of it's way to please fujoshi in the first place. It's not like having the protagonists in straight romances has ever stopped the fandom from buying products anyway. SEED comes to mind.
Depending on the show and the type of fans it attracts character pairings can mean everything. If you've ever heard of what I like to call the Kannagi Incident you'll know what I mean. Somehow I don't think T&B is one of these shows nor has those types of fans though.

And honestly I don't really care if Tiger and Bunny has fujoshi fans, looking at Barnaby's design I already knew he'd attract that demographic and that's fine really. All I know is that I'm not the one that brought it up and I don't really understand why it was brought up, but it sure made the thread get kind of silly really fast and bring on a really pointless debate in the wake of a really great finale.

I liked how Maverick was ultimately his own undoing in the long run. Every time he tried to wriggle himself out of the hole he created going back to Barnaby's parents deaths he only managed to dig himself even deeper in and lose another ally. It was also fitting that he should be the one to put an end to himself and that Lunatic should finish the job like he promised.

I'm kind of hoping for the second season to introduce some new heroes from the secondary leagure to go with the now legendary ones from this season. It could go something like each of the legendary heroes mentoring and partnering up with a newbie to fight Ouroboros and each of them complimenting each other the same way Tiger and Bunny did. We can learn about the new heroes stories as we go along as well as get some further time to spend with the legends. Personally I still feel like I want to know a bit more about Sky High. He was easily my favorite outside of Tiger and Bunny. Also wouldn't hurt to find out a little bit more about Dragon Kid and Nathan's backstory. I'm sure we'll get all this, but the wait will definitely be tough.
Kaioshin Sama is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-09-18, 14:45   Link #1707
Guardian Enzo
Seishu's Ace
*Author

Series and finale review:

I liked this show a lot, and I loved Kotetsu. I just wish the show had taken then hard path rather than the easy one a little more often in the final arc.
Guardian Enzo is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-09-18, 15:16   Link #1708
Laevatein

Came to the party late, but glad I got into this show. It's my favourite superhero TV show/movie (Japanese or western) since The Incredibles.
Laevatein is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-09-18, 17:11   Link #1709
Bri

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kaioshin Sama View Post
, looking at Barnaby's design I already knew he'd attract that demographic and that's fine really.
Just like every other Char-clone
Bri is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-09-18, 17:38   Link #1710
KRegnard

Quote:
Originally Posted by fertygo View Post
L.O.L

Bake and Madoka setting record in pixiv, the result? two of most prolific seller in anime-tv industry.

And most (if not ALL) of anime hits that gaining profit is doing well in fan-art, you may don't know but more "fan"-art is means = more request (more doujin sell in comiket too) = more fan = its implying the theory's correct.

If you want counter me, find a anime "bust" in term of profit that doing well in fanart or vice versa.

Why the feck some of you butt hurt with the statement (or fact) the majority fan of T&B is fujoushi anyway?

Its a well-known fact most of 2ch poster or blogger in japan that watching T&B is women that posting thing like "Barnaby kyaaaaaaaaa" or (Barnaby & Kotetsu kyun" (or something like that. I don't understand the memes) all the time, that's also reflected in yaoi fanart.

Even if we're wrong its mean they're homos not women.
Fail. Correlation does not necessarily equate to causation, neither does correlation always exist between volume of fanart and sales.
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Correla...mply_causation
Also, how is Bakemonogatari "setting record[s]" on pixiv? I don't see it having as much fanart critically rated (>1000 users) as Madoka (Another series you claim is popular on pixiv).

An alternate suggestion:
The fanart fanbase has little to do with buying dvds, but a separate group of fans for titles like bakemonogatari and madoka. While it's farfetched to believe so, it's certainly less of a leap of logic than what you suggest.

Last edited by KRegnard; 2011-09-18 at 18:01. Reason: link
KRegnard is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-09-18, 18:07   Link #1711
Master Chibi
.: A bad doggy :.

Am I the only one who kept thinking of The Incredibles every time they played that certain song in the background? It reeks of the Incredibles.

Updated once a week - http://pishi.wordpress.com/
Last updated - 5/30/10 - Random Manga Roulette!
Master Chibi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-09-18, 18:08   Link #1712
Archon_Wing
On a mission
*Author

Send a message via MSN to Archon_Wing
To defeat corruption, it means more than to just kill the person. Tiger and Bunny reveals the best way to fight corruption... with ideas.

Yea, Maverick was right; he had everyone's trust, and killing would do nothing. It would take a public revealing of the sham he had created and the revelation that the whole system was corrupt.

That is power stronger than any NEXT could provide.

My only complaint was that they were kinda lax at chasing him down. Sure, he's a NEXT too, but hey, he can't run that fast can he? Anyhow, they are slow enough to take Kaede hostage, but fortunately Tiger has returned; it will take more than that to kill him, after all, his lone trait is his determination right?

But Maverick, being the cowardly villain he is, brainwashes himself, and the ouroboros are still unresolved. But he got the worst punishment of all soon afterwards.

And Tiger finally retires due to impotence powers causing him to last only one minute, but Barnaby's like hey, "If you haven't quit, why should I?" Even if the inital drive for him to become a hero was corrupted, that doesn't matter. And so they head on, with a rebranded Tiger.

I was a bit disappointed with the Lunatic plotline, but that's why they have a second season.

Easily one of the top 5 anime I've seen this year. If it hadn't been for 2 other anime earlier this year, this would have been a no-brainer for top one. 9/10 for this series. The amount of brilliance and thoughts that went into making this show is quite amazing. It'll make the AS awards this year interesting, as this show provided not 1 but 2 excellent male characters. And those can be hard to come by in anime.

Avatar/Sig courtesy of TheEroKing
Guild Wars 2 SN: ArchonWing.9480
MyAnimeList || Reviews
Archon_Wing is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-09-18, 18:42   Link #1713
playmaker2k
Nishikino Maki (* ̄▽ ̄*)

I like the subtle little smirk that Lunatic had after seeing Tiger return to duty. I think it was a meaningful scene for him since his pops completely gave up being a hero and went on a downward spiral. Seeing Kotetsu like this and knowing that he doesn't have his powers anymore says a lot about his heroism.
playmaker2k is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-09-18, 18:50   Link #1714
Anh_Minh
I disagree with you all.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ~BC~ View Post
Because the obvious lesson of the power decline storyline was that heroes aren't determined by their superpowers.

Also Kotetsu likes being a part of the action and is still physically fit enough to fight crime. I don't see why he'd want to limit himself with a classroom position. Being the most experienced on the second league also probably means he'll be mentoring them to some extent.
Heroism may not depend on superpowers, but neither does it depend on being an officially sanctioned superhero with a colorful costume and sponsors. I wish Tiger'd remembered that.

And being a professional superhero in a reality TV show, facing off against Next criminals does depend on powers a bit...

Mostly, though, I feel he's underemployed, chasing purse snatchers like that. It's beneath him.

For a second season, I'd have preferred him to lose his powers completely, left the superheroing to the younger generation. Until a great peril cornered the heroes and forced him out of retirement, and made everyone remember he was a hero, with or without powers.

Instead of that, we see him at his worst as an irresponsible, clumsy thiefcatcher, where it'd be cheaper to just let the bastard go.
Anh_Minh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-09-18, 19:46   Link #1715
saravis

Great last episode, I just have one complaint, the punch happened too fast. I had to go back and watch it in slow-mo a few times to feel satisfied by it.
Old 2011-09-18, 22:11   Link #1716
Jeffry2009
Banned

Send a message via MSN to Jeffry2009 Send a message via Yahoo to Jeffry2009
I'm gonna attempt to post some of my final thoughts about this anime:-

- Why is this show taking so long to see some actual plot twist goin on around here?

- Some scenes are quite anti-climatic like the other show did.

- The cast of T&B are just 'unfamiliar'. Except the cast that I know was Hirata Hiroaki who did Sanji (One Piece), Gojyo (Saiyuki) & most of the dubbing on any hollywood movies. Masakazu Morita who also did Tidus (FFX) & well known as Ichigo (Bleach). Kotobuki Minako who also voiced as Tsumugi (K-ON! ) & Baby doll (Emily Browning 'sucker punch'). And last but not least is Okamoto Nobuhiko who done Accelerator (To aru Majutsu no index) & Okumura Rin (Blue Exorcist).
Jeffry2009 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-09-18, 22:50   Link #1717
Aesthetic Shampoo

Quote:
Originally Posted by Master Chibi View Post
Am I the only one who kept thinking of The Incredibles every time they played that certain song in the background? It reeks of the Incredibles.
THANK YOU, i thought i was the only one that noticed that.
Aesthetic Shampoo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-09-19, 00:03   Link #1718
~BC~

Quote:
Originally Posted by Anh_Minh View Post
Heroism may not depend on superpowers, but neither does it depend on being an officially sanctioned superhero with a colorful costume and sponsors. I wish Tiger'd remembered that.
True but I see it as him wanting to help inspire the next generation of heroes the same way Legend did for him. Probably doesn't hurt knowing Kaede is cheering for him as well.

He also strikes me as far too young to retire. Perhaps that's just my western viewpoint where people 'retire' around 50, relax for several years, and then get another job. Don't know what it's like in Japan.

As for things being beneath him. I don't know...Kotetsu has never really been that sort of person. As long as he's helping people he's good.

Admittedly, I also would've preferred him not returning to HeroTV but only because I'd rather see him attempt other jobs instead. Would've loved to see him trying to be a cop. I always wondered what the SBPD was like and how they viewed the whole HeroTV thing. They're pretty much reduced to being cannon fodder or lackeys. Would've also been a nice way to seek out info on Ouroboros.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Master Chibi View Post
Oh snap! I was wondering why that sounded familiar...
~BC~ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-09-19, 00:58   Link #1719
Master Chibi
.: A bad doggy :.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2teiU8zT4IQ <~~~~ This exact song.
^ Shit even the youtube comments for it point it out.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=W5kubcu_ORE <~~ Sounds quite like this.

Updated once a week - http://pishi.wordpress.com/
Last updated - 5/30/10 - Random Manga Roulette!
Master Chibi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-09-19, 01:50   Link #1720
fertygo
Hyakko Fanboy

Quote:
Originally Posted by KRegnard View Post
Fail. Correlation does not necessarily equate to causation, neither does correlation always exist between volume of fanart and sales.
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Correla...mply_causation
Also, how is Bakemonogatari "setting record[s]" on pixiv? I don't see it having as much fanart critically rated (>1000 users) as Madoka (Another series you claim is popular on pixiv).

An alternate suggestion:
The fanart fanbase has little to do with buying dvds, but a separate group of fans for titles like bakemonogatari and madoka. While it's farfetched to believe so, it's certainly less of a leap of logic than what you suggest.
Its setting record in Booru, sorry I got more mixed...

And again its lame to butthurt over fujoshi became the motor of sales, they're arguably the most "powerful" among in otaku circle, they're more enthusiast n loyal (and royal) than normal otaku even over the high spender one... Thanks god because they're exist quality title like Monokoke, Natsume Yuujinchou, DRRR!, and T&B not flopping and gaining profit. Male's otaku won't give a damn about it, and (almost) neither of you here gonna help the regional disc sales anyway.. so stop arguing over this, there's more proof about its true than not anyway (the board in japan, blog, yaoi stuff that even some mangaka like Lily Hoshino make it)

be thankful those fujoshi helping the title that you like to get money they deserved.

Tags
mecha, sunrise, tiger & bunny, tsundere