AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Retired > Retired A-L > Hayate no Gotoku

Notices

View Poll Results: Hayate no Gotoku!! (2nd Season) - Episode 11 Rating
Perfect 10 16 43.24%
9 out of 10 : Excellent 10 27.03%
8 out of 10 : Very Good 5 13.51%
7 out of 10 : Good 5 13.51%
6 out of 10 : Average 1 2.70%
5 out of 10 : Below Average 0 0%
4 out of 10 : Poor 0 0%
3 out of 10 : Bad 0 0%
2 out of 10 : Very Bad 0 0%
1 out of 10 : Painful 0 0%
Voters: 37. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread

Old 2009-06-12, 02:10   Link #1
Pellissier
♪~ Daydreaming ~♪
*Graphic Designer
*Administrator

Hayate no Gotoku!! (2nd Season) - Episode 11 Discussion / Poll

Welcome to the discussion thread for Hayate no Gotoku!! (2nd Season), Episode 11.

Thread Guidelines
  • Raw requests and offers are not permitted anywhere on this forum.
  • Spoilers about future events must not be posted in this thread.
    If you need to reference something that would spoil a future event, reply directly with a private message.
  • Discuss your expectations of the episode if it has not aired yet.
  • Be polite to your fellow forum members.
  • Please try to keep the discussion on topic.
Spoiler Policy
  • Any spoiler that reveals future events, even under a spoiler tag, will be deleted.
    Spoiler tags should still be used where appropriate.
  • Adding a Spoiler tag:
    Just highlight your spoiler and click the button found
    on the "Quick Reply" and "Reply to Thread" forms.
    Make sure that you include a title for the spoiler!
  • Please use the Report button if you see any spoilers:
    Click the button found to the left of the post, just under the poster's avatar.
    Using the Report button is anonymous and helps the Moderators
    to locate and deal with problems quickly.
  • Posting prohibited spoilers may result in a ban.
    Note: Reporting a post does not mean the poster will be banned instantly.
    The Moderators will use bans if warnings are repeatedly ignored.
Old 2009-06-12, 14:04   Link #2
alamarco
Why hello there!

Loved this episode. Everyone was so cute when they were thinking about Hayate in his maid uniform. Saku was hilarious trying to see what was under their, kind of got me curious too!

This anime keeps setting the standard episode after episode.
Old 2009-06-12, 14:47   Link #3
serenade_beta
そのおっぱいで13才

Mmm~... I was expecting something good since it seemed to have been a Hinagiku episode, but it turned out rather dull...

The parts with Hinagiku just had her worrying over her "love" the entire time and ends with her deciding to finish her match with Hayate (-_-).
Every night, huh...? Hmm~~~~~....... Guess it can't be helped. Hmm...

Hayate... He's so boring, I've lost interest in him... So whether he acts cute or whatsoever, it really isn't as entertaining as it once was.
But, that shot of Hermione after the homo bumped into him was... GOOD! Black kneesocks, baaaaan~zaaaaaaaaaaaai! Ufu...fuu... *mumble mumble*

The part from Izumi until the end was the only great part of the episode. Izumi's ⊂二二(^ω^)二二⊃ was hilarious, and so was that guy who falls in love with Hermione.

Preview: And so the match begins?

-Blog --> http://tdnshumi.blogspot.com/ (Mainly about video games)
-R.I.P. Hiroshi Yamauchi, Gaming wouldn't have been the same without you (9/19/13)
Old 2009-06-12, 15:37   Link #4
Tom Bombadil

Well, they did copy all the events and dialogues from the manga. For manga readers, the episode somewhat lacks originality or surprises. But "rather dull" are too strong words. I still think it is still quite enjoyable with Hina's "soul searching", and Hayate's transforming( I suddenly wish they did a Mahou Shoujo transformation of Hayate, together with some dramatic music). Sakuya has been awesome as usual. If you look back, everything in this episode is necessary to set up the story and no major scene is wasted. Admittedly, they did not take the extra step and make it wacky. But that has been expected since the earlier episodes. J.C Staff just want to be LAZY and play it safe.

Last edited by Tom Bombadil; 2009-06-14 at 23:01.
Old 2009-06-12, 16:55   Link #5
Mentar
Banned

Exactly what Tom Bombadil said, even though I understand where s_b is coming from.

This was the classic example of a setup episode. It didn't contain tons of laughter and surprises, but it fleshed out what will be the turning point in Hina's relationship with Hayate (and Ayumu). She's still confused about her feelings, but she's too smart to deny the obvious: Hayate has a profound effect on her. She still struggles, particularly since she's painfully aware that she promised Ayumu to cheer her on, and she jumps to one more wrong conclusion - but it's already a losing battle.

So, while I do understand that it may seem "dull", I consider it a necessary part of the exposition to ensure MY lasting enjoyment. And any minute with Hina is a minute well-spent ^_^ ... the awesome stuff will happen next ep (or - if they do decide to stretch things - in ep13)

PS: I'm glad that J.C.Staff managed to properly handle Hina's outburst of anger towards Hayate (that Shizuka-sama would be able to was never in question). This will become extremely important later.
Old 2009-06-12, 22:51   Link #6
xellos2099

I am glad they didn't tone down Hina's anger like before.

Last edited by xellos2099; 2009-06-13 at 00:49.
Old 2009-06-13, 16:43   Link #7
Mecha_Trueno
餓鬼に興味ない、俺の好みは年上の美女だ

Location: Shitty old London. They must've been on drugs when they built this place, WTF were they smoking!!!
lol thought it was funny how Hayate came to the conclusion:
Spoiler for ep11:

禁則事項です

Last edited by Mecha_Trueno; 2009-06-15 at 22:28.
Old 2009-06-14, 19:05   Link #8
qwertyman
Izumi is the best!

This episode gets a 10/10 for my long-awaited Segawa Izumi and Sakuya goodness.

Also, this episode conveyed all the content from the manga well enough that I'm not too worried about the scene in the next episode.
Old 2009-06-14, 22:59   Link #9
puretsundere
Tachibana Isana

A nice set-up for episode 12. I still enjoy Hinagiku's search for why Hayate has such a huge impact in her life right now. Also nice to see Sakuya, Isumi, and Izumi involved in the episode. And Hayate crossdressing is a win for me. I don't know if it's a parody from something, but I just loved Hayate's (Hermione's) "white mage"-type cape. So, yeah another enjoyable episode.
Old 2009-06-14, 23:41   Link #10
kk2extreme
Your wife is hot...

Spoiler for when hayate standing on top of the hill:

anyone catch that
Old 2009-06-14, 23:52   Link #11
qwertyman
Izumi is the best!

Nope, but then again, I haven't played an FF since one of the SNES ones...

Forgot to ask this though:

Spoiler for next episode/episode title:
Old 2009-06-15, 00:32   Link #12
Forever
Revealing the truth

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mentar View Post
Exactly what Tom Bombadil said, even though I understand where s_b is coming from.

This was the classic example of a setup episode. It didn't contain tons of laughter and surprises, but it fleshed out what will be the turning point in Hina's relationship with Hayate (and Ayumu). She's still confused about her feelings, but she's too smart to deny the obvious: Hayate has a profound effect on her. She still struggles, particularly since she's painfully aware that she promised Ayumu to cheer her on, and she jumps to one more wrong conclusion - but it's already a losing battle.

So, while I do understand that it may seem "dull", I consider it a necessary part of the exposition to ensure MY lasting enjoyment. And any minute with Hina is a minute well-spent ^_^ ... the awesome stuff will happen next ep (or - if they do decide to stretch things - in ep13)

PS: I'm glad that J.C.Staff managed to properly handle Hina's outburst of anger towards Hayate (that Shizuka-sama would be able to was never in question). This will become extremely important later.
For some reason I cant feel the buildup. I have been hearing great things to come for hina's arc but I yet to feel it... Hope I wont be disappointed next ep...
Old 2009-06-15, 01:29   Link #13
Master Chibi
.: A bad doggy :.

I can't really figure out why, but I'm totally in love with Izumi right now, girls is adorable as hell.

Updated once a week - http://pishi.wordpress.com/
Last updated - 5/30/10 - Random Manga Roulette!
Old 2009-06-15, 07:11   Link #14
SaintessHeart
NYAAAAHAAANNNNN~

Quote:
Originally Posted by Master Chibi View Post
I can't really figure out why, but I'm totally in love with Izumi right now, girls is adorable as hell.
You little pervert. Bad doggie!

Now that I have stopped laughing at this episode and hyperventilated enough, it is time to talk about how moe Hayate looks in that meido outfit.

When three puppygirls named after pastries are on top of each other, it is called Eclair a'la menthe et Biscotti aux fraises avec beaucoup de Ricotta sur le dessus.
Most of all, you have to be disciplined and you have to save, even if you hate our current financial system. Because if you don't save, then you're guaranteed to end up with nothing.
Old 2009-06-15, 15:39   Link #15
CynicalDurian

very good episode even if it is just copy pasta from the manga. i for one am glad to see a bit of stability in the adaptation, ive high hopes for the next episode
Old 2009-06-15, 20:59   Link #16
Master Chibi
.: A bad doggy :.

Quote:
Originally Posted by SaintessHeart View Post
You little pervert. Bad doggie!
*naws at your ankles*

I can't help it, she's been increasingly adorable since the beach episode at the start of this season.

Quote:
Now that I have stopped laughing at this episode and hyperventilated enough, it is time to talk about how moe Hayate looks in that meido outfit.
And I'm the pervert?

Updated once a week - http://pishi.wordpress.com/
Last updated - 5/30/10 - Random Manga Roulette!
Old 2009-06-16, 00:20   Link #17
qwertyman
Izumi is the best!

She's always been adorable.

She's never had the screentime to show it, though.

Hopefully this season will rectify this!
Old 2009-06-16, 09:52   Link #18
OceanBlue
Not an expert on things

qwertyman, even if the episode title is based off of the chapter title of the manga, it's probably still a parody of it.

Yay for minor-character exposure! That is, I'm glad we got to see Isumi, Izumi, Wataru, and Sakuya. And cute Hinagiku was nice to see too.
Old 2009-06-16, 18:35   Link #19
Ashlotte
Clockwork

Quote:
Originally Posted by Master Chibi View Post
She practically hemorrhages MOE every time she so much as moves an inch, which spikes to dangerous levels anytime she speaks...so...yea.

Episode was ok I guess...Crossdress Hayate is always nice, but the story felt slightly sluggish overall. Ofcourse I'm not really a Hina fan *dodges rotten vegetables* so that probably contributed to me spacing out during parts.

No matter what enemy. No matter what ally. Mowing everything down with maximum destructive power.

That is...

"The White Devil of the Administration Bureau"
Old 2009-06-17, 02:43   Link #20
Dr. Casey

- I was surprised that Hayate is doing so poorly for the school year. He's a bright kid and the ultimate example of a hard worker, so I'm not sure what's giving him so much trouble. Oh Hayate, maybe you're a bigger dumbass than we ever imagined. Maria's obviously too intelligent for you; she graduated Hakuo at 13, you're failing the first or second year at 16.

- I always enjoy the parts where Hayate and Nagi hang out without any sort of romantic antics involved, such as this episode or the beginning of the previous season's 28. I'm not sure about whether they'd do well in a relationship, but they certainly have great chemistry as friends. I'm starting to miss Nagi. The extra Hinagiku coverage is nice and everything - I've come to understand and appreciate her much more than I ever did during the first season - but Nagi's easily my favorite female. I've always wondered why so many people don't like her. I guess it's because she's the main heroine, which in any sort of fandom is like a big target sign saying "Hate me." Main characters are the worst, they're nothing compared to those totally awesome secondary characters who I probably wouldn't like as much if they got more screentime and stopped being underground. Also, 'Hayate is saying a really lame thing with a really cool look!' might be my favorite quote of the episode.

- The similarities between Hinagiku and Hayate are very interesting. Hope to see them expounded on soon; it's the thing I'm looking forward to most aside from the Athena backstory (Which I don't know much about except that it's supposed to be one of the high points of the manga). There's some great music and camera work whenever Hina asks 'Did you ever think there might have been a reason?' That's one part where I'm guessing the anime really comes to life compared to the manga.

- The difference between dolphins and whales is only in their size? That sounds more like a joke than trivia. They're completely different species. No wonder you're failing school, Hayate.

- Isumi's "Mouuu!" was nice, as was the "Eh" of agreement. She was on a roll this episode.

- I thought that costume looked like the traditional White Mage outfit, but I wasn't sure. Glad to see that confirmed. Speaking of which, qwerty is missing out. I'm a big fan of the Super Nintendo Final Fantasies, but I always considered the PlayStation generation to be the series' prime.

- I have a very good feeling about episode twelve. The shot of Nagi being kidnapped by whoever and Maria calling after her is one of the most genuinely dramatic shots in the anime, and I love the whole night life thing the episode has going on, with Nagi, Hinagiku, Wataru, and Sakuya being half-shaded with all those artificial lights. I'm always up for a good old-fashioned kidnapping plot, too - Nagi talking to that one guy around 24:20 reminds me of the Pantyhose Taro arc from Ranma. I have no doubt the next episode is going to be a classic, one of the top episodes in all Hayate no Gotoku.

- Mentar told me to watch out for when Hinagiku begins calling Hayate 'Hayate-kun' again (In spoken dialogue, that is - she continues to use Hayate-kun in her internal). I'm going to predict that will happen in the next episode. That father guy (I forget his name) got her to acknowledge the problem, so I figure dealing with it comes next. Don't tell me if I'm wrong.

- I'm with Chibi, qwerty, and Ash. Izumi's great. Riza was my favorite of the trio at first thanks to that joke about her being that Japanese singer, but Izumi overtook her soon after. I was completely indifferent to Miki for the longest time, but she's starting to grow on me very slightly. She's certainly ahead of a few characters, like those two butlers that appear so rarely they don't even feel like part of the series sometimes.
Closed Thread