AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Retired > Retired A-L > Horizon

Notices

View Poll Results: Horizon S2 - Episode 03 Rating
Perfect 10 20 50.00%
9 out of 10 : Excellent 11 27.50%
8 out of 10 : Very Good 6 15.00%
7 out of 10 : Good 1 2.50%
6 out of 10 : Average 0 0%
5 out of 10 : Below Average 1 2.50%
4 out of 10 : Poor 1 2.50%
3 out of 10 : Bad 0 0%
2 out of 10 : Very Bad 0 0%
1 out of 10 : Painful 0 0%
Voters: 40. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread

Old 2012-07-22, 14:22   Link #21
Kunagisa

Quote:
Originally Posted by Xellos-_^ View Post
I don't see any reason why Sunrise wouldn't continue making more Horizon. Series that avg 20k don't fall form trees. Besides BR and Novels, there are other merchandise Sunrise and the publisher can cash in on, Figures, Mech Model Kits and a soon to be release video game.

IIRC, all the good models are custom crafted, I'm not sure Bandai actually invested in mass producing kits for this series. As for figures, I don't think that's a huge revenue generator. I know nothing about the game so I won't comment on that. Side note, the crafter said it is a miracle that Byakko can stand on its own without a support stand unlike the El Azul, supposedly the Byakko's gianormous chest has something to do with the balance.

Also, I burst out laughing, haha anonnnnnn!!
Old 2012-07-22, 17:43   Link #22
Cosmic Eagle
今宵の虎徹は血に飢えている

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kunagisa View Post
But ... but Howard dogeza'd!!!! Hahaha, but I do agree with you.
Tripel Axel no less.....has he been...ice skating!?

Quote:
Yup, Nana Mizuki. I wouldn't mind having the entire Dog Days cast in here actually (and it's slowly looking like that way); it is definitely possible to get S4, but Bandai and ASCII Media Works are definitely not giving this as much money as Gundam or Accel world for obvious reasons (merchandise + anniversary). The revenue generated from late night anime is not really a main source for Sunrise (I mean Phi Brain got season 2 because it was pretty popular with kids and that was cheaper to produce and they get way better ads revenue because of the time slot). The fact that one twitter comment said Horizon ended up with the newbie key animators and Accel have the veteran ones show the lower budget.

In retrospective, 2 seasons are likely planned from the beginning, so I'm not sure how willing they'll continue to animate this because for one Kawakami's novels aren't exactly getting HUGEEE boosts in sales (though there is that one ad that showed the total shipment figure doubled or tripled I forget which one) compare to say Hyouka and Durarara etc. Unless the sales end up higher than season 1, which has nearly 25k vol1 and an average of 21k, I don't see why they would want to continue making this besides that they LOVE this series (which is also true).

TL;DR: Yeah they can but I'm not holding my breath.

Also, apparently those twitter comments are on the Q+A and they have been since season 1, I totally forgot about them being there. http://www18.atwiki.jp/senesis/pages/80.html <--- episode 3's Q+A's updated and I lol'ed like crazy at how long it is. Have fun translating Zero! (just translate the 一行で and be done with it (Ő‿Ő✿))
And yet Horizon consistenly hits higher quality than AW despite the lower budget.....

It's sad really if they stopped. I won't be surprised if Horizon tops the sales rankings again this season.
Old 2012-07-22, 18:20   Link #23
Xacual

Yeah it's sad that subsanon has decided to stop, but he wasn't originally going to do anything for S2 to begin with so I appreciate that he did the first two episodes anyway.

Waiting until Tuesday will be hard though.

I was influenced by a certain group overflowing with madness and started trying to write a story. Please give it a try. Crashed into Fantasy
Old 2012-07-23, 04:46   Link #24
Cosmic Eagle
今宵の虎徹は血に飢えている

No...I mean if Sunrise stops making Horizon....

Why Tuesday...Horizon is Sunday?

Quote:
Oh, mfw Kyon only has to grunt in this episode and gets paid the same as the other VAs; being Muneshige isn't so bad afterall hahahhaa.
You forget about whoever voices Hassan...

Last edited by Cosmic Eagle; 2012-07-23 at 04:57.
Old 2012-07-23, 04:57   Link #25
Rovert10

Funny thing is that barely anyone in the US cares for this series compared to its popularity in Japan.
Old 2012-07-23, 05:00   Link #26
Cosmic Eagle
今宵の虎徹は血に飢えている

It's not exactly accessible for non Japanese-capable fans....

I mean, apart from CR official subs which is unavailable to us outside the US, the rest are raws...
Old 2012-07-23, 05:06   Link #27
Xacual

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cosmic Eagle View Post
No...I mean if Sunrise stops making Horizon....

Why Tuesday...Horizon is Sunday?
CR doesn't stream Horizon until Tuesday.

I was influenced by a certain group overflowing with madness and started trying to write a story. Please give it a try. Crashed into Fantasy
Old 2012-07-23, 05:07   Link #28
Rovert10

Quote:

I mean, apart from CR official subs which is unavailable to us outside the US, the rest are raws...
Even then I think most just saw at it as a blantant fanservice anime with no real plot behind it.

Didn't even bother to care after the first few episodes.
Old 2012-07-23, 05:07   Link #29
Cosmic Eagle
今宵の虎徹は血に飢えている

Quote:
Originally Posted by Xacual View Post
CR doesn't stream Horizon until Tuesday.
Oh? Didn't know...I just watch it when it comes out on sunday....

CR actually region blocks me for some reason...

Thought CR was usually the fastest to air...

BTW it seems so fated that Musashi Ariadust and Tres Espania are going to clash again right when Muneshige is about to be stripped of his title...

Last edited by Cosmic Eagle; 2012-07-23 at 05:22.
Old 2012-07-23, 06:46   Link #30
sento

Quote:

Even if they are CR edits, Commie and Horriblesubs are doing it too.

And Horizon got a decent (not enormous of course, its not for everyone) sizeable and dedicated fanbase in the west too.
Old 2012-07-23, 07:55   Link #31
Zeroblade
エロ大魔王

Quote:
http://www18.atwiki.jp/senesis/pages/80.html <--- episode 3's Q+A's updated and I lol'ed like crazy at how long it is. Have fun translating Zero! (just translate the 一行で and be done with it (Ő‿Ő✿))
AHHHHHHH yeah I was basically working on this the entire time during classes at school. And since subanon kind of quit, I'm even more of in a loss since I didn't get a lot of the dialogue in the negotiations scene OTL.
Probably up by late Tuesday/Wednesday or so if I decide to not prepare for my group's thesis defense this Wednesday night ww
Old 2012-07-23, 11:14   Link #32
Cosmic Eagle
今宵の虎徹は血に飢えている

Boils down to essentially the English wanting meat within a stipulated time before the Armada battle.

Then Shiro pwning them in negotiations with his Triple Axel Dogeza....since apparently the dogeza is a sign of status and power and is a special skill amongst merchants in GENESIS-verse...

When Howard sprayed blood from his ears, it was because the meat would last only one week while making it would take two. Receiveing the meat three days before the Armada Battle, (two weeks from now) means that there will be massive food wastage.
Old 2012-07-23, 15:56   Link #33
Kunagisa

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rovert10 View Post
Funny thing is that barely anyone in the US cares for this series compared to its popularity in Japan.
I blame that on the author's ... weird interest. I'm glad they axed out a lot of the random crap in Vol2 in the anime, cause there are some really stupid things in there. Vol1's LN sales is average, but Vol2's super low iirc. I think like Cosmic Eagle mentioned, it's not exactly normal writing, and all the sudden it just gets REALLY good. Sometimes I do think his "plot" is complete shit, "why am I reading this?" etc., and the next minute I'm crying my eyes out. He's literally just writing whatever the hell he wants ...

Quote:
Originally Posted by sento View Post
And Horizon got a decent (not enormous of course, its not for everyone) sizeable and dedicated fanbase in the west too.
Biggest fanbase is on 4chan, no joke (even then it's small there), outside of 4chan you can almost, literally count the number of people who follows .

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zeroblade View Post
AHHHHHHH yeah I was basically working on this the entire time during classes at school. And since subanon kind of quit, I'm even more of in a loss since I didn't get a lot of the dialogue in the negotiations scene OTL.
Probably up by late Tuesday/Wednesday or so if I decide to not prepare for my group's thesis defense this Wednesday night ww
Should just delay this until you're done with thesis! Do it like Friday night or something.

Quote:
When Howard sprayed blood from his ears, it was because the meat would last only one week while making it would take two. Receiveing the meat three days before the Armada Battle, (two weeks from now) means that there will be massive food wastage.
I don't think that's it, I got really confused too. England needs 1 week to finish processing all the meat and the meat itself would expire in two weeks. England also have their own reasons for wanting to start the Battle 2 weeks later, the time overlap's what made this negotiation "easier" to understand and to write about. It's pretty cool that they script it so that every line's important.

Oh man, that reminds me, the BGM for this episode is just so good. I really want that OST from the negotiation battle already.
Old 2012-07-23, 17:07   Link #34
sento

Quote:
Biggest fanbase is on 4chan, no joke (even then it's small there), outside of 4chan you can almost, literally count the number of people who follows .
In 4chan is big enough (trolls aside) to have one or two completed general threads daily, and that's not really bad at all (far better than a lot of other shows disregarding the uberpopular ones).

You're exaggerating quite a bit, as it was generally liked by most of the blogs who actually cared about and finished it. It's not really for everyone at all, but is more of a niche fanbase than a nonexistent one as you seem to want to make it. 21,000 views on MAL (even with 7.30 average score) is not a bad number (to draw a comparision, Fate Zero S2 is 33,000).

Quote:
I'm glad they axed out a lot of the random crap in Vol2 in the anime, cause there are some really stupid things in there.
Like stoned Tenzou's Father and his ninja friends anecdote? Hahahahaha.

Last edited by sento; 2012-07-23 at 17:31.
Old 2012-07-23, 18:00   Link #35
Cosmic Eagle
今宵の虎徹は血に飢えている

Quote:

I don't think that's it, I got really confused too. England needs 1 week to finish processing all the meat and the meat itself would expire in two weeks. England also have their own reasons for wanting to start the Battle 2 weeks later, the time overlap's what made this negotiation "easier" to understand and to write about. It's pretty cool that they script it so that every line's important.

Oh man, that reminds me, the BGM for this episode is just so good. I really want that OST from the negotiation battle already.
Ah yeah, it's the other way round....meat has to be consumed by two weeks and it takes one week to prepare.

But even then doesn't that still mean that the meat will all be wasted once the battle starts? So they need to get the meat in time before that...

Seriously....all this talk about meat and fat lady Cecil is absent from the metting...

Last edited by Cosmic Eagle; 2012-07-23 at 18:26.
Old 2012-07-23, 19:48   Link #36
Kunagisa

Quote:
Originally Posted by sento View Post
You're exaggerating quite a bit, as it was generally liked by most of the blogs who actually cared about and finished it. It's not really for everyone at all, but is more of a niche fanbase than a nonexistent one as you seem to want to make it. 21,000 views on MAL (even with 7.30 average score) is not a bad number (to draw a comparision, Fate Zero S2 is 33,000).
Maa~~ I usually just go by different posters than views because views could be from the same IP address (correct me if I'm wrong) or just people stumbling by the page by following seiyuus etc., so it's not as reliable. I really don't think the Horizon fanbase is ~66%ish of F/Z. I only visit /a/ and AS for the English community, so you very, very well may have a better grasp of the general size of the fanbase than me!

Quote:
But even then doesn't that still mean that the meat will all be wasted once the battle starts? So they need to get the meat in time before that...

Seriously....all this talk about meat and fat lady Cecil is absent from the metting...
IIRC, Far East isn't allow to process the meat for long term storage because :Testament says so:, but England can. MFW people actually made charts to try to explain this part.
Old 2012-07-23, 19:50   Link #37
sento

Quote:
I really don't think the Horizon fanbase is ~66%ish of F/Z.
Of course not, TYPE-MOON fanbase is actually pretty big.
Old 2012-07-23, 22:56   Link #38
Cosmic Eagle
今宵の虎徹は血に飢えている

Quote:

IIRC, Far East isn't allow to process the meat for long term storage because :Testament says so:, but England can. MFW people actually made charts to try to explain this part.
Wow....what's the historical basis for that?
Old 2012-07-24, 08:30   Link #39
kemal_1915

Another interesting negotiation battle
kawakami never ceases to amaze me
and I want this one!
Old 2012-07-24, 12:02   Link #40
ars89
One-Eyed Dragon

Tenzou-sama hit the jackpot. Oh man a triple axel dogeza! Masazumi's aim was awesome. Like how they were able to lengthen out the number of days.