AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Sword Art Online > Past SAO Anime

Notices

View Poll Results: Sword Art Online - Episode 22 Rating
10 out of 10 : Near Perfect... 71 47.97%
9 out of 10 : Excellent... 39 26.35%
8 out of 10 : Very Good... 18 12.16%
7 out of 10 : Good... 9 6.08%
6 out of 10 : Average... 2 1.35%
5 out of 10 : Below Average... 1 0.68%
4 out of 10 : Poor... 3 2.03%
3 out of 10 : Bad... 2 1.35%
2 out of 10 : Very Bad... 1 0.68%
1 out of 10 : Torturous... 2 1.35%
Voters: 148. You may not vote on this poll

Old 2012-12-01, 23:54   Link #101
zecknor

Spoiler alert do not read if you havent read novel

I really wish they would make a visual novel for this story so we can pick the heroine we like the most
(still Asuna for me though )

He should've just dodged all their attacks and went straight for the gate like how Sugu did without getting hurt till she was running away xD

Spoiler for My thoughts on the relationships since i read the novel:

Spoiler for comparison to the novel:
zecknor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-12-02, 00:01   Link #102
GDB

Quote:
Originally Posted by zecknor View Post
He should've just dodged all their attacks and went straight for the gate like how Sugu did without getting hurt till she was running away xD
He didn't take that much more damage than she did up until that point. It was all the arrows that did him in, just like it almost did to Leafa.
GDB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-12-02, 00:11   Link #103
GoldenLand
Eaten by goats

I liked this episode! It had some flaws, like the way Kirito's fight dragged on and got repetitive, and Suguha's distressed discussion with Kirito in the real world (as the dialogue just didn't feel realistic to me) but overall it was nice. Maybe it's just that there was an actual quest and quest monster fight in this one. I love me a fight in SAO/ALO. And Leafa finally, finally got to do something in combat. Finally! Isn't she supposed to be one of the best fighters in the game or something? She seemed to be the fastest person there until Kirito's arrival. So I hated to see her standing around going (at best) "Ooh Kirito! You're wonderful, let me heal you and be your support" before.

Kirito does seem like a bit of a jerk for having been cold towards Suguha before he went into SAO. I think it would have been more interesting if that angle had been played up more - that is, if Sugu's problems with him this arc were more about the treatment he'd given his little sister and her reaction to that rather than her falling for him. Someone suggested that in an earlier thread, and I agree it would have been better than what we got.

Somehow I'd been expecting for Leafa to charge in to save Kirito along with a horde of allies, but it didn't happen. And now it looks as if Kirito is going right back in to the place he has no hope of defeating. That's just no good. He should know by now that he can't beat it alone, and can't beat it with Leafa's help either. The sensible thing would be to try to hurry up that arrangement from before.

The art seemed particularly nice this ep, I think.
GoldenLand is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-12-02, 00:43   Link #104
NoemiChan
Banned

Send a message via Yahoo to NoemiChan
Quote:
I really wish they would make a visual novel for this story so we can pick the heroine we like the most
(still Asuna for me though )
The visual novel will always end up with Asuna being dumped in the end of the SAO world except in her route... Kirito will always be with Asuna through the boss fights. It's more painful to see Asuna getting dump if you will not take her route.

Also I'll be glad to know that Yui-chan is the key to unlock Asuna's extra story in SAO: AfterStory (ALO)..
NoemiChan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-12-02, 00:58   Link #105
Insane
Banned

Quote:
Are you kidding me? she almost turned into a hedgehog by the rain of arrow if she were split seconds slower in rescuing him.

Even if Kirito tried to dodge all the storm of arrows, in the end that's virtually impossible anyway as they didn't give even a single gap for him to do that.
Insane is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-12-02, 01:01   Link #106
Kokukirin
Shadow of Effilisi

A very good episode overall. I like how Kirito becomes so desperate that he just mindlessly charge in, put up a very good fight with excellent animations, and lose. Leefa (whatever her spelling is now) finally gets a scene where she isn't just the sidekick behind Kirito.

I never liked how the anime forced Sugu's love in. Even now it doesn't seem real because it is so out of nowhere. But I really like how the final third of the episode is done here. Excellent voice acting. The title of for next episode suggests that they will find a way forward somehow, and I hope that is what will happen.
Kokukirin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-12-02, 01:09   Link #107
Somnus
Eh?

My biggest gripe with the episode was that it actually ended. I sat there for the entire ED and 5 minutes more refusing to believe 22 minutes had passed.

Fantastic episode.
Old 2012-12-02, 01:21   Link #108
Tsukiyomi
step closer to Amaterasu

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zodiamaster View Post
Am I the only one who thinks this episode sucked?
Kirito spent the first 15 minutes being an overly dramatic, cliched desperate hero, and in the last 5 minutes his conveniently unrelated-by-blood sister confesses her love for him.

This probably was the worst episode since the rushed declaration of love/sex/marriage of Kirito to Asuna back in episode 11(I think).
Yes...most definitely. Sugu's love for Kirito has been established since her character first got introduced. And if you were in Kirito's situation with the one you love being so close and yet so far, you would go berserk too. It is the first time he got a positive confirmation that Asuna really is there in this world right in trapped front of him.

Last edited by relentlessflame; 2012-12-02 at 02:23. Reason: Removed future episode speculation; please go to the speculation thread
Tsukiyomi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-12-02, 01:29   Link #109
Mazryonh

It was great to get this kind of performance out of Taketatsu Ayana. "My Little Sister Can't Be This . . . Frustrated?", maybe?
Mazryonh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-12-02, 01:29   Link #110
GundamZZ
残念美人

Not a bad episode, unless you are projecting yourself as Kirito. Kirito learns about defeat and lose. If he gets what he wants every time, some people will criticize this wish fulfilling element.

Spoiler:
天啓のシスティーナ Sistina of Apocalypse
愛憎のロクサーヌ Roxanne of distinguished love and hate
万有のルテーシア Lutécia of everything
塵喰いのカサンドラ Cassandra of eating dust
GundamZZ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-12-02, 01:32   Link #111
Malkuth
Banned

Send a message via MSN to Malkuth
The last scene was simply fantastic, it very well worth watching the rest of this arc.
Malkuth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-12-02, 01:46   Link #112
Crontica

Quote:
Originally Posted by kk2extreme View Post
Why does the battle reminds me of Kingdom Hearts in a strange way?
Nah it reminded me of final fantasy, the 2 hander and everything just matched.
Old 2012-12-02, 01:59   Link #113
y_uno21

[QUOTE=Divini;4458232]Watching this ep, I was thinking "Goooo Kirito, save your wife!" while at the same time "Let me punch your face in just this once, okay?"

i still laughing read this reply.

well i can say Kirito or kazuto, the cool man with super dual sword skill to crush monsters and girl heart too -__-

a great story with must have much great complications i think. in the end this ep make me really really want ep 23

-i'm new here with bad english soo i'm sorry-
y_uno21 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-12-02, 02:43   Link #114
Obelisk ze Tormentor
Black Steel Knight

Damn, watching people got executed slowly is much more painful than watching a quick death. That’s more or less what I felt when I watch Suguha’s “romance” since the start of the arc. She’s already boarding Titanic before she even realized it, and now the ship has sunk -_-.

Anyway, it’s a great episode. Nice battle animation, nice dramatic moment and nice voice acting. Like everybody else, I like it that the “doomed romance” subplot is finally over. Now, it’s up to Kazuto to make up with Sugu (by treating her something nice like he promised before ), log in together again, and do some Super-Mario-Bros or Contra on ALO.

Quote:
Originally Posted by kk2extreme View Post
Kirito is a natural online lady killer
Fixed it for you .
Old 2012-12-02, 03:06   Link #115
Raviel

Whoever Suguha's VA is should be given a massive bonus for this week's episode, I normally don't comment much about how the lines are delivered but dear god Suguha just sounded so hurt it was almost painful to watch.

Part of me just wants to give the poor girl a hug now.

On an unrelated note, after watching this and Horizon I can reasonably conclude that men become 3x stronger when saving their waifus.
Raviel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-12-02, 03:11   Link #116
Rising Dragon
Goat Herder
*Author

Well, she did have a lot of practice with the whole little sister with issues thing as Ore no Imouto's Kirino Kousaka. :V
Old 2012-12-02, 03:16   Link #117
Raviel

Oh, sorry didn't know about that.

So Sugu= Kirino huh........
Raviel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-12-02, 04:24   Link #118
Izayoi
I LOVE FLAN_CHAN
*Graphic Designer

Send a message via MSN to Izayoi
This is why you need to take initiative early for a healthy "incest" relationship. You have so many opportunities when you were young but now it is too late... I am a bad person.
Old 2012-12-02, 04:37   Link #119
Dr. Casey

Quote:
Originally Posted by Raviel View Post
Whoever Suguha's VA is should be given a massive bonus for this week's episode, I normally don't comment much about how the lines are delivered but dear god Suguha just sounded so hurt it was almost painful to watch.

Part of me just wants to give the poor girl a hug now.
I thought the exact same thing; Suguha's pitiful whimpering and crying afterwards was exceptionally authentic and well-performed. Beautiful, busty, charming, an RPG fangirl that enjoys romping around and having adventures in virtual reality worlds; Suguha would be a perfect girlfriend.
Dr. Casey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-12-02, 04:41   Link #120
Justice Knight
Haro Pwned U!!!!

i didnt expect Sugu NOT knowing Kirito is her bro in the virtual game,how did she NOT know???