AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > General > Video Games

Notices

Old 2013-07-12, 10:28   Link #21
Chaos2Frozen
We're Back

Chaos2Frozen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-08-05, 19:00   Link #22
Chaos2Frozen
We're Back

Old 2013-08-22, 18:18   Link #23
Chaos2Frozen
We're Back

Video Documentary

Old 2013-09-04, 22:16   Link #24
Firefly00

Send a message via ICQ to Firefly00 Send a message via AIM to Firefly00 Send a message via Yahoo to Firefly00
Bungie says 'mille grazie' to its fans...

...with a new video (GameInformer article) showing off new content... just be careful when you blink.
Firefly00 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-09-30, 23:51   Link #25
Chaos2Frozen
We're Back

Destiny box art revealed, new trailer tomorrow

Quote:
The box art reveal is just the start of what promises to be an “exciting week,” according to Bungie community manager DeeJ. A new gameplay trailer, “set in a destination a lot of fans have been asking to see for the first time,” will debut tomorrow.

“We’ll also have some exciting announcements if you’re looking to suit up and explore our new frontier,” DeeJ teased.
Old 2013-10-01, 14:40   Link #26
Chaos2Frozen
We're Back

New Destiny Trailer - The Moon.

Showing off the "Hive" enemy I believe.

Old 2013-10-01, 18:12   Link #27
Kyero Fox
Tastes Cloudy

Ugh I hate seeing that "and company that brought you a bunch copy paste games with the worst online community"
Old 2013-12-04, 06:29   Link #28
Chaos2Frozen
We're Back

A quick rundown of the new info from the latest edition of Game Informer,

Old 2013-12-04, 12:51   Link #29
ACertainStark
お姉さん☆

Additional info from Game Informer issue:

Quote:
While Destiny offers a robust multiplayer experience, everything branches out from the exploration, leveling, and shooting. Destiny encourages you to move in and out of interactions with other players at your leisure, but you can also spend entire sessions tackling story missions and side content without the aid of others.

Like a traditional single-player shooter, Destiny features a cinematic story with a clear conclusion.

"There is a very defined storyline, with a beginning, middle and end," says head of community Eric Osborne. "For those who want to binge and concentrate on story, you can have what feels like a very directed, cinematic experience."

Each location in Destiny is a grand open space for exploration, adventures, and discovery. These first 5 destinations (Mars, Venus, the Moon, Old Russia, and The Tower) are a sampling of what's to come; Destiny's fiction clearly establishes all the planets, moons, asteroids and other features of our solar system as fair game for exploration.

A tour through Old Russia offers a clear representation of free-roaming flow. Some may remember the E3 demo of Destiny. A scripted mission played out underneath a massive wall, ending in a larger public battle against a Fallen tank mech. However, turn a few different corners, and you emerge beyond the wall into a free-roaming countryside.

With a button press, you can hop on your personal vehicle and skim across the grasslands at high speed. Off to the side, a small sea gleams in the sunlight, with ancient rusted ship hulks jutting up from the shoals.

"We want people to come back to these places, explore, find new places to go, and have new reasons to come back."

Old Russia
Here players can explore the ruins of the Cosmodrome, a real location in Kazakhstan that serves as a launch site for the Russian space program. The Cosmodrome was humanity's bridge to outer space; it's now home to colony ships forgotten in the wake of its collapse

Venus
Once a scientific research settlement for humanity, it has now become engulfed in a jungle and a sulphuric storm rages. The buildings are being eroded away by the ocean but at its centre is the Vex citadel, a tower with an unknown purpose.

Mars
Formerly a thriving metropolis, it is now buried under a sand, with only the peaks of skyscrapers visible. It's home to the Cabal, who are clashing with the Vex.

The Tower
Home for the guardians, described as "Earth's Camelot". This is where players will be able to purchase items from vendors, turn in quest items, and interact with other players. It also has "class-focused areas" for Titans, Warlocks, and Hunters

Moon
Infested by the Hive, the moon's surface has splintered and spread around space. It once housed a human colony, but much of it has been buried in lunar soil.
http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showthread.php?t=728254
ACertainStark is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-12-04, 13:55   Link #30
Chaos2Frozen
We're Back

I'm not a fan of FPS combat, and I don't really expect big changes to the RPG elements from what already works.

That leaves the exploration/lore part of the game that is what I'm looking forward to the most. I know those don't make good trailer materials, but I sure hope they completely wow me with it in the full game
Old 2013-12-04, 14:18   Link #31
ACertainStark
お姉さん☆

The only type of FPS I look forward to playing is a Bungie FPS.

I really like the whole weapon system & variety they got going with the magic supers/focuses. It reminds me of an Insomniac Ratchet & Clank game. The leveling system sounds fun to mingle with and seems to have a lot of depth.

But yeah, my excitement also lies in exploring space. I notice them taking even rumours and adding it to the lore. For example, large structures on the moon, mining operations on it. Which is neat.

I hope they have Europa & Titan in this since they mention going to moons and such.
Old 2013-12-04, 14:28   Link #32
Chaos2Frozen
We're Back

Yeah, I know it's a Sci-fi fantasy but I hope they might them as scientifically accurate as possible for most of it...

...That means a mushy methane covered surface for Titan
Old 2013-12-04, 14:50   Link #33
ACertainStark
お姉さん☆

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chaos2Frozen View Post
Yeah, I know it's a Sci-fi fantasy but I hope they might them as scientifically accurate as possible for most of it...

...That means a mushy methane covered surface for Titan
Yes, indeed. And the possibility of Europa being habitable and with its icy waters has a lot of potential (as mentioned a lot in science news)

I wonder how they'll handle the gas giants like Jupiter and Saturn.
Old 2013-12-04, 15:56   Link #34
Chaos2Frozen
We're Back

Quote:
Originally Posted by ACertainStark View Post
I wonder how they'll handle the gas giants like Jupiter and Saturn.
Maybe floating ancient space station? But chances are it's their moons we'll go to rather than the planets themselves.

At least those have solid surfaces...
Old 2013-12-04, 20:18   Link #35
ACertainStark
お姉さん☆

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chaos2Frozen View Post
Maybe floating ancient space station? But chances are it's their moons we'll go to rather than the planets themselves.

At least those have solid surfaces...
Maybe! but these gas giants have major sky box possibilities from the inside. I hope they have some large space station ala Dead Space.
Old 2013-12-07, 02:27   Link #36
Chaos2Frozen
We're Back

Destiny release date announced

Quote:
Destiny, Bungie and Activision’s multiplayer online shooter, will launch for PlayStation 4, Xbox One, PlayStation 3, and Xbox 360 worldwide on September 9, Bungie announced.

Of course, one month before school starts =_=; But good news nonetheless
Old 2013-12-07, 02:34   Link #37
Ramero
7th Order Knight / Hermit

Ah bungie.. No wonder the graphics is more cooler than ever.. From the armaments and the structures of it, i didn't hate bungie for that. They make their best efforts for it, Halo basically is a first step for bungie to advance and for Destiny i think it's their challenge for how long they will upgrade the visual and the graphics.
Ramero is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-12-07, 09:11   Link #38
blakstealth
Les Pays Bass

Shit, I dunno if I should go next-gen for Destiny or stay with the 360/ps3.
blakstealth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-12-07, 10:29   Link #39
Chaos2Frozen
We're Back

I say wait for a few more gameplay videos if you're still not sure.

But I think being on that many platforms would mean that it's all probably going to look the same so perhaps the important thing is the online infrastructure.
Old 2013-12-07, 18:03   Link #40
Kyero Fox
Tastes Cloudy

Sept 9? Thats my Bday! WOO!