Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series

Notices

Old 2010-11-29, 18:20   Link #281
Hooves
~Official Slacker~
*Author

Quote:
Originally Posted by kitten320 View Post
I myself prefer when plot goes slowly not in a rush. However, it is bad when showdrags as well. Bakuman would be one of those examples.

I thing that this show would do better if it had more than 13 episodes, thay could actually build up things then.
That is true, this show is one of those types that people would rather have it go on like Shiki with 22 episodes, so that the plot can go by quite lovely, rather then going by so fast that people can miss many things on the first go. Since things go by so fast, its hard for the anime to develop that sensational, dark feeling its supposed to give.
Old 2010-11-29, 18:56   Link #282
shichi-chan
Mippa~

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hooves View Post
Since things go by so fast, its hard for the anime to develop that sensational, dark feeling its supposed to give.
I agree lol, I mean not that exactly that it's moving so fast I kinda feel the lack of the "dark" feeling it might supposed to be giving off, However I don't feel at all bored of the show. Every episode entertains me in a way.
Old 2010-11-29, 18:58   Link #283
kitten320

Exactly, because I seriously miss the dark feeling in the show what makes me sad

That's what I was mainly looking for when I started the show.
Old 2010-11-29, 19:40   Link #284
ars89
One-Eyed Dragon

Spoiler for my take on ep 9:
Old 2010-11-30, 01:24   Link #285
karice67
さっく♥ゆうきゃん♥ほそやん

Spoiler for episode 9:

How Suetsugu Yuki drew the cover for Chihayafuru volume 34

Interview translations etc

You must free yourself from that illusion,
from the illusion that a story must have a beginning and an end.

"No, you are not entitled to your opinion... You are only entitled to what you can argue for.”
- Patrick Stokes

karice67 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-11-30, 14:59   Link #286
Haak
Me, An Intellectual

"You never listen to reason when you've made up your mind."

If anything, this episode convinced me that's definitely a bad thing, rather than a good thing...

Everything about this was stupid really. The glasses guy somehow managing to find out everything so easily. Haruka showing all the intelligence of a door post. The cheesy reunion. The bitch deciding to gloat instead of getting on with it. Yakumo's mom managing to come out from nowhere to save everyone. Everyone deciding to stop what they're doing so they can listen to Gotou explain why Yakumo's mom tried to kill him. Yakumo's mom not even having a good fecking reason. An explosion like that not even injuring anyone.

Rubbish...

Quote:
Originally Posted by kitten320 View Post
But Yakumo's father deserves to die -_-
What? I thought it was revealed he didn't actually kill anyone.

Last edited by Haak; 2010-11-30 at 16:19.
Haak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-12-01, 23:15   Link #287
shichi-chan
Mippa~

People complain too much lol. I found the episode much better than the rest, However I am a bit off track now with that chick who had the Crossbow, and that she isn't Yakumo mum. (Which I thought she was) So basically she is just some hyped up psycho that wants to kill Yakumo?
A bit of an explanation of her would help.
Old 2010-12-02, 00:05   Link #288
fukarming

Quote:
Originally Posted by ars89 View Post
Spoiler for my take on ep 9:
Spoiler for do i still need to use spoiler tag?:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Haak View Post
"You never listen to reason when you've made up your mind."

If anything, this episode convinced me that's definitely a bad thing, rather than a good thing...

Everything about this was stupid really. The glasses guy somehow managing to find out everything so easily. Haruka showing all the intelligence of a door post. The cheesy reunion. The bitch deciding to gloat instead of getting on with it. Yakumo's mom managing to come out from nowhere to save everyone. Everyone deciding to stop what they're doing so they can listen to Gotou explain why Yakumo's mom tried to kill him. Yakumo's mom not even having a good fecking reason. An explosion like that not even injuring anyone.

Rubbish...

If you still think Shinrei Tantei Yakumo is a detective show, then there is nothing much I can say. Yakumo's father is a wicked person. His goal is not to kill Yakumo or Haruka, but to break Yakumo's mind ( to bring him to the dark side). That's why he let Gotoh to finish the story. Besides he hopes Yakumo would "break" knowing her mother tried to kill him under her own free will. Attacking Haruka at that time (or doing anything else) is contradictory to his goal. Yakumo's mother is afraid of Yakumo's father and is guilt ridden by her attempt to kill Yakumo so she is hiding. But when Yakumo/ Haruka is life threatening, her desire to protect trumps everything else so she "come out". I think it is pretty standard drama stuff and don't know what you are complaining about. If anything it is too cheesy and straight forward. The explosion at the end is a minor one, aiming for the villains to escape, not to cause harm. Yakumo's father would not want to hurt Haruka like that.

Yakumo's father is way more wicked than someone who actually kill people. I think the show had been screaming for that for a while now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by shichi-chan View Post
People complain too much lol. I found the episode much better than the rest, However I am a bit off track now with that chick who had the Crossbow, and that she isn't Yakumo mum. (Which I thought she was) So basically she is just some hyped up psycho that wants to kill Yakumo?
A bit of an explanation of her would help.
She is Nanase, the little girl whose the entire family is murdered. In fact she is the one who murder the whole family with Yakumo's father leading her. After that it is assumed that she travels with Yakumo's father and become his pawn. My theory is that Yakumo's father want to turn Yakumo into someone like her.
Then they came for me and force me to be a vegan by that time no one was left to speak up.
fukarming is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-12-02, 03:41   Link #289
AnnaM

Ok so I wasn't that into the show but was bored so watched episodes 6-9. Officially I think the show got better. But I have to agree with the people who said it felt rushed. I mean animes tend to take like 10 episodes to finish one conversation, but this time these three could have really been like 5 or 6.
And yes parts of it were pretty over played and cheesy but whatever I am a sucker for stupid romance side stories lol.
AnnaM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-12-02, 03:47   Link #290
Haak
Me, An Intellectual

Quote:
Originally Posted by fukarming View Post
If you still think Shinrei Tantei Yakumo is a detective show, then there is nothing much I can say.
It's called Psychic Detective Yakumo and is about solving murder cases and the like.

Quote:
Yakumo's father is a wicked person. His goal is not to kill Yakumo or Haruka, but to break Yakumo's mind ( to bring him to the dark side). That's why he let Gotoh to finish the story. Besides he hopes Yakumo would "break" knowing her mother tried to kill him under her own free will. Attacking Haruka at that time (or doing anything else) is contradictory to his goal. Yakumo's mother is afraid of Yakumo's father and is guilt ridden by her attempt to kill Yakumo so she is hiding. But when Yakumo/ Haruka is life threatening, her desire to protect trumps everything else so she "come out". I think it is pretty standard drama stuff and don't know what you are complaining about. If anything it is too cheesy and straight forward. The explosion at the end is a minor one, aiming for the villains to escape, not to cause harm. Yakumo's father would not want to hurt Haruka like that.

Yakumo's father is way more wicked than someone who actually kill people. I think the show had been screaming for that for a while now.
Oh the evil guy that raped Yakumo's mom. I thought kitten320 was talking about Takeda.

Anyway, the evil guy's plan was to break Yakumo by killing Haruka. I'm fairly certain that was mentioned specifically. And even if it wasn't, the evil guy also blatantly ordered the blond bitch to shoot Haruka in the leg and was about to do so. And even if his goal wasn't attacking Haruka then it still wouldn't have been contradictory.

And even if that explosion was aimed for an escape, blowing up a gas tank does not cause a minor explosion.
Old 2010-12-02, 03:57   Link #291
fukarming

Quote:
It's called Psychic Detective Yakumo and is about solving murder cases and the like.
Fair enough. Now I can see where all your comments coming from. I agree with you that if this is treated as a detective show, it is horrible. There are no case, no mystery and no evidence presenting. But then I think most people here who like the show consider this a drama show rather than a detective show.

Quote:
Oh the evil guy that raped Yakumo's mom. I thought kitten320 was talking about Takeda.

Anyway, the evil guy's plan was to break Yakumo by killing Haruka. I'm fairly certain that was mentioned specifically. And even if it wasn't, the evil guy also blatantly ordered the blond bitch to shoot Haruka in the leg and was about to do so. And even if his goal wasn't attacking Haruka then it still wouldn't have been contradictory.

And even if that explosion was aimed for an escape, blowing up a gas tank does not cause a minor explosion.
The evil guy is not JUST going to kill Haruka. That won't bring enough impact to break Yakumo. He is going to capture her, bring her in front of Yakumo, torture her and kill her slowly in front of Yakumo.
Then they came for me and force me to be a vegan by that time no one was left to speak up.
fukarming is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-12-02, 11:40   Link #292
kitten320

Quote:

Oh wow! It makes him such a good person *.*
Are you for real?

1) He raped Yakumo's mother
2) Even if he didn't kill anyone with his own hands, he was the mastermind behind all the kills. He was in control of everything what means he is at fault as much as those actual killers.
Old 2010-12-02, 12:00   Link #293
Haak
Me, An Intellectual

Hurr Durr!!!!

Quote:
Old 2010-12-02, 13:53   Link #294
kitten320

Takeda was never Yakumo's father to start with, duno how you could confuse them 0_o
Old 2010-12-02, 13:54   Link #295
Haak
Me, An Intellectual

Shut up, I thought they married.

Uguu....
Old 2010-12-02, 13:56   Link #296
kitten320

They did get married, but Yakumo was long time born by then
Old 2010-12-02, 16:17   Link #297
LKK

Did they get married? I know they were engaged, but I thought that Takeda's murder accusations happened before they were able to get married.

Avatar: Hazuki of Natsuyuki Rendezvous / Signature: flowers from Natsuyuki Rendezvous
LKK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-12-03, 03:46   Link #298
PreSage
Strangely dependable...

Finally got caught up with the last 3 episodes and...wow, I really love this show now. I knew the story has a lot of potential and the last 3 episodes really proved it...the bad side, is that it had to be rushed because of the length of the series. I wish they had lengthened it to 26 episodes, would really give enough time to develop all this better and at a better (slower) pace.

Ep. 9 is really sad. I felt so sorry for Yakumo's mom and Takeda. They were really kind people who just got entangled with the wrong fates. I guess Yakumo's mom also was killed by those villains and hidden there. I didn't even realize that Takeda was a ghost until he vanished after talking to Haruka.

That scene with the little girl killing her family and singing that song...freaked me out. Why is it always the scariest with little kids singing in that deranged voice? >_<

Haruka proved herself to be quite on par with Yakumo when she solved the film/location fake. Thumbs up for her.

That part where Gotou hit Ishii and then got hit by his boss in return was hilarious!

You know...Makoto (the journalist) and Ishii would make a really nice couple.

And I guess Yakumo knows that Haruka is in love with him now...since he obviously heard her confession while tied up. XD (...and that camera angle shot...erm...*pulls mind out of the gutter* ...okay, need sleep...my mind is heading waaay in the wrong direction.

Quote:
Originally Posted by LKK View Post
Did they get married? I know they were engaged, but I thought that Takeda's murder accusations happened before they were able to get married.
I thought they only got engaged before Takeda was charged with murder, etc.

[/TH][/TR][/table]
PreSage is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-12-03, 18:14   Link #299
kitten320

Doesn't really matter now anyway, they are both dead.
Old 2010-12-03, 18:20   Link #300
Hooves
~Official Slacker~
*Author

Quote:
Originally Posted by PreSage View Post
Ep. 9 is really sad. I felt so sorry for Yakumo's mom and Takeda. They were really kind people who just got entangled with the wrong fates. I guess Yakumo's mom also was killed by those villains and hidden there. I didn't even realize that Takeda was a ghost until he vanished after talking to Haruka.
I would have expected Takeda to be a ghost from his first appearance, since he was in the same situation as Yakumo's mother, he would eventually have been killed either way. But I do agree that its such a sad for both of them... I give my prayers to them.

Quote:
That scene with the little girl killing her family and singing that song...freaked me out. Why is it always the scariest with little kids singing in that deranged voice? >_<
You must know by now that little girl's singing a song when a really dark scene appears is always meant to just scare the audience (reminds me of F.E.A.R for some reason...)

Quote:
Haruka proved herself to be quite on par with Yakumo when she solved the film/location fake. Thumbs up for her.
Haruka seems to have picked up Yakumo's detective skills

Quote:
That part where Gotou hit Ishii and then got hit by his boss in return was hilarious!
Gotou gets what he delivered

Quote:
You know...Makoto (the journalist) and Ishii would make a really nice couple.
I agree with this idea also they just seem to fit together for me strangely.

[QUOTE]And I guess Yakumo knows that Haruka is in love with him now...since he obviously heard her confession while tied up. XD (...and that camera angle shot...erm...*pulls mind out of the gutter* ...okay, need sleep...my mind is heading waaay in the wrong direction. [/QUPTE]

I suppose it is, the series has not ended for it to truly be applied yet

Tags
drama, seinen, supernatural