AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Current Series > One Piece

Notices

Closed Thread

Old 2014-02-12, 00:14   Link #61
grey_1960
Annie Leonhart

Armor Haki
Looking at chapter 716, 719, and 737. The clashes seem pretty standard. But Looking at Sabo and Burgess, did something different happen or is something being revealed to the readers for the first time? Right now I feel that armor haki still has some secrets that aren't revealed to the readers yet. Example Kizaru, Akoiji, Akainu deflected White Beard's powers preserving the gallows and leaving everything else destroyed. One would think they combined armor haki to do it. But what happens when Armor Haki is in conflict? Right now Sabo vs. Burgess armor haki looks different from, Luffy vs. Chinjao and Garp vs. Chinjao. What if the armor haki user (who is suprior or more educated) can corrupt the other persons haki armor. To me it looks like Burgess was reinforcing his armor with Haki Armor. Now when Sabo was touching it, it looked like something else was happening. Sabo did not make a fist like everyone else when they clash. It almost looked like he was weakening Burgess's armor haki by pushing it out. Now this may be over thought on my part but Oda showed Sabo touching Burgess armor specifically. Was Oda showing us something different?
Old 2014-02-12, 13:27   Link #62
paradox13
zzz

Send a message via MSN to paradox13
So anyone else suffering from One Piece withdrawal??

Last edited by paradox13; 2014-02-13 at 00:39.
Old 2014-02-12, 16:59   Link #63
marvelB

Quote:
Originally Posted by aohige View Post
I totally forgot Corazón was a vacant seat.

If Corazón was alive today, he/she would be one you'd assume.

Well.... I guess in a way, Law would count as an executive, wouldn't he? I mean, Dofla even said he had the heart seat reserved for him before he found out about his betrayal....

Also, about Burgess' technique: One thing I found interesting about it is that the name ("Hadou/Wave Motion Elbow") uses the exact same characters for "hadou" as the "Hadouken" from the Street Fighter series. That's why I'm actually more inclined to think that it's technically a haki-based move, heh.
Old 2014-02-12, 17:27   Link #64
Belise
Rokushiki User
*Artist

^ I don't even wanna imagine a "haki-ken" lol. One Piece would begin to resemble the earlier portion of dbz. It would be interesting though to find a chracter in the New World that can mold and shoot pure haki over space. If not scary anyway.
Old 2014-02-12, 23:59   Link #65
grey_1960
Annie Leonhart

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Small One View Post
I don't think that Burgess used Haki at all.
To me it looked like Sabo used his Haki to infuse Burgess' shield and destroy it from the inside.
Natural reaction
That what I thought at first but it would not make sense. Burgess got done seeing a fight with Luffy and Chinjao. He knows Luffy is capable of haki. It would not make any sense for him not to use haki in his clash with Sabo(who he thinks is Luffy). Especially given that Luffy is immune to any blunt force that is not reinforced with haki. Second when Burgess clashes with Sabo he looks like he already has his Haki Armor up already. Now if you look at Burgess face he looks like he is trying to resist Sabo's attack.

There is the other thinking that if the user's haki armor is only this strong and you infuse it with more then he can control then infusing it makes sense. So you may be right about the infusing part. Right now we need some explanation because this clash does not look like normal haki clash.

Last edited by grey_1960; 2014-02-13 at 00:13.
Old 2014-02-13, 10:58   Link #66
aohige
( ಠ_ಠ)

Quote:
Originally Posted by marvelB View Post
Well.... I guess in a way, Law would count as an executive, wouldn't he? I mean, Dofla even said he had the heart seat reserved for him before he found out about his betrayal....

Also, about Burgess' technique: One thing I found interesting about it is that the name ("Hadou/Wave Motion Elbow") uses the exact same characters for "hadou" as the "Hadouken" from the Street Fighter series. That's why I'm actually more inclined to think that it's technically a haki-based move, heh.
Well, it actually goes back to Space Cruiser Yamato's "Hadouhou" - the devastating wave-motion canon.
Old 2014-02-15, 16:02   Link #67
Slayerx

Quote:
Originally Posted by philip72 View Post
Probably this. Unusual and explicit instructions like this obviously have a bearing on the matter.

The toy house is probably a prison for their human forms rather than a workshop. It's disruptive to production and makes little logistical sense to have all the toys suddenly go work in just one location, when they're working so well everywhere else the rest of the time.
I don't know... i mean if that were the case then Doflamingo would be a taking a HUGE risk by taking the Colosseum fighters. I mean random Citizens and common soldiers are one thing, but imagine the difficulty involved in trying to keep the worst fighters from around the New World contained. Heck some of those guys aren't even devil fruit users and just have natural monstrous strength all their own. And if they break out, then they all break out.

Not to mention i wuld think that the Toy solider would have told the strawhats by now that the toys go back to normal when Sugar sleeps at night

I think the rule about the toys not being allowed to stay in the same house as humans is because they might be working underground all night in the toy house.
Old 2014-02-15, 19:20   Link #68
Slayerx

Quote:
But the devil fruit tournament fighters are a brand new development in response to the recent unprecedented situation. It's only right at this very moment that the tourney losers are becoming toys.

For years the citizens and common soldiers of Dressrosa have been the only ones enslaved as toys. Not the worst fighters from around the New World.

It's probably Doflamingo intention that the ultimate destination for most of the tournament fighters is Impel Down or the Scrap Heap, not the factory floor.
Doflamingo already has them working... if they turn back to normal when sugar sleeps, then tonight will be the night when they will make havoc.Why take that risk?

When it comes down to it, its a completely unnecessary risk because Doflamingo did not have a reason to turn them into toys in the first place. Most of those fighters only came for the fruit and would have just left when the tournament was over... only ones that would be worth turning into toys are those like Chinjao and his sons who came with the intention of targeting Doflamingo's underground operation.

Heck, putting aside the theories about Sugar, I would actually go so far say that this is sorta a flaw in the plot... I mean, Doflaimingo doesn't need them for the labor(he's got an entire country for that) and he also doesn't seem to have a reason to enslave the vast majority of these fighters. Seems like the only reason this is happening to them is so they can all take part in the chaos when we inevitable reach the point in the story when all the toys get turned back into humans... Having normal humans revolt against Doflamingo is not quite as exciting as all these high level fighters revolting
Old 2014-02-17, 18:46   Link #69
GreyZone
"Senior" "Member"

Ussop turning into pinocchio would be a "reversal" of the pinocchio story. Instead of a doll turning into a boy, the boy turns into a doll instead! Well with Ussop being there the possibility is set!

Quote:
Actually yes.

It is indeed a possibility that "anyone" could have been enslaved, but so far the only ones Oda's told us about are the good citizens and soldiers of Dressrosa (until the tourney). Anyone else is wild speculation.

Tell you guys what, just for fun let's make this sporting...
If I'm right and while Sugar's asleep the toys revert to humans, hence the toy house, you'll have to change your profile pic and tagline for one month, to whatever I choose. If I'm wrong I'll have to change my profile pic and tagline for one month, to whatever you choose. Within the bounds of decency and animesuki guidelines of course.
Slayerx, The Small One are you guys up for it?
*grabs popcorn*

and before anyone asks: No, I will not participate.

-Grey"Quotation_Mark"Zone
Old 2014-02-18, 02:05   Link #70
Slayerx

Quote:
Tell you guys what, just for fun let's make this sporting...
If I'm right and while Sugar's asleep the toys revert to humans, hence the toy house, you'll have to change your profile pic and tagline for one month, to whatever I choose. If I'm wrong I'll have to change my profile pic and tagline for one month, to whatever you choose. Within the bounds of decency and animesuki guidelines of course.
Slayerx, The Small One are you guys up for it?
Oh why the hell not.
A most dangerous game; placing Bets on trying to predict oda

I'll throw in one more detail...
That if sugar's powers turned off when she slept, then every night everyone in town would remember those lost. People may not be allowed to loiter at night, but that doesn't mean they all sleep.
Old 2014-02-18, 03:48   Link #71
marvelB

Oho....! Looks like some interesting developments took place here during my absence!

I'm afraid you can count me out of this wager, though. Mainly because I don't feel like being caught in a string of semantics arguments regarding Sugar's power, lol. But I will at least say this: Losing consciousness from a strong shock is not quite the same as sleeping (the latter is a case where a person can still respond to stimuli..... which can't be said for the former phenomenon). So I think Sugar's power would still remain in effect if she were simply asleep, which is why the dwarves went through so much trouble to come up with a method of knocking her out in the first place. So in a way, I guess it's sorta like the difference between putting a computer into sleep mode, or flat-out shutting it down, so to speak.

....Note that despite the above explanation, that does NOT mean I'm being pulled into plilip72's insidious plot! Honest!

BTW, while I already made the next chapter thread, there aren't any spoilers out just yet. Shouldn't be long, though.....
Old 2014-02-18, 11:27   Link #72
GreyZone
"Senior" "Member"

What will you do... when it is never even mentioned, i.e. unknown who won?