Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > General > Video Games

Notices

Old 2013-02-22, 15:48   Link #3161
LoweGear
Secret Society BLANKET
*Graphic Designer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kimidori View Post
but have a huge weak point on top that is the commader cupola.
Do note that even though the commander's copula is considered a weak spot, it will still bounce high tier guns at times due to its angle being close to the autobounce angle. Hell, I've bounced my 120mm M58 gun off it at times (This is also true of the T29 and T30).

On the other hand, the US tank with a very vulnerable CC is the M103, since the design of the copula is such that it doesn't quite bounce as much shots as the T29/T30/T34 copula does. It has the most vulnerable commander's copula of any US Heavy from my experience. Incredibly enough, the T110E5, despite having a much larger commander's copula, actually has less to worry about than the M103, since said copula is well armored due to its gun mantle. You'll need to hit the space between the curvy gun mantle and the turret hull to damage the thing from the front, and that's a very small space that you won't hit without an accurate gun or getting close.

Against all the evil that hell can conjure, all wickedness that mankind can produce... We will send unto them, only you.
LoweGear is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-02-22, 16:03   Link #3162
Endless Soul
Megane girl fan

Sometimes, I wish I could reach out and strangle some of these players.

Just had a game at Fisherman's Bay where a bunch of heavies were chit chatting among themselves in Russian, about 5 total. Me in KV-1S-chan and three mediums head towards the city, the Russians head to the west. Sure enough, the entire red team shows up in the city. KV-1S-chan and the mediums try to hold them as long as possible and kill a number of them, but were eventually overwhelmed. I don't know what happened to the rest of the team, but they weren't in the city. Meanwhile, the Russians seemed to be picking flowers around D2, while the red blob on the minimap drifted towards our base.

Despite our cries to come defend the base (there were 4 reds left and were about to take our base) the 5 Russians continued to drift north, even though they were close enough to come defend the base in time, and had numbers on their side. Of course, it was a loss.

Endless "Urge to kill...RISING!" Soul
Old 2013-02-22, 16:10   Link #3163
Kamijou_Touma
Imagine Breaker

only reason I got premium is what Q said about credits, and Free XP..... thank goodness for 5x xp this weekend, i'm sure to take advantage of it and get my tier X.

but I think Ascaloth told me the T34 used to be the US main heavy before they swapped it to the inferior T32. which kinda sux, the 34's 120mm gun feels like i'm playing a tier 8 version of the M103 with a thinner hull. but 34 makes a good hull down tank. I have a diffculties pening the turret with the 29 or 32 with the 105 on gold. thats only becuz the turret is like the 29's turret where all you need to do is stick it out and not really worry of being penned.

It seems there are some players than know that they need to hit the hull instead of the turret while i was playing the 29, but still worth it to charge it in, when players are zoomed in on snipe mode it makes it hard to shoot the hull becuz ur ramming or gonna give them wit a hug in a heavy the size of a mobile home.

If we ever do a 29 plat, i'm gonna call it the mobile home plat. TOG plat is called Subway Eat Fresh in my dictionary. M7 Priest is now called the healer who can't heal. What other tanks can i make fun off...

Well in 1942 they had zones where you sit your tank in a garage or slot, then it slowly get repaired. although i never used it becuz i cheat with god mode, of course on single play, becuz it was a cracked game... although i have a free version of it on my Origin account, so i could play MP now. but mods don't work on it, like desert storm, also have the BF2 collection on Origin.

Anyways Q, yeah it would be funny to see someone play halftrack full engies (engineer crew) in WoT. But I doubt they will do it, cuz its a TMD type of MMO.
Old 2013-02-22, 16:16   Link #3164
Kamijou_Touma
Imagine Breaker

Quote:
Originally Posted by Endless Soul View Post
Sometimes, I wish I could reach out and strangle some of these players.

Just had a game at Fisherman's Bay where a bunch of heavies were chit chatting among themselves in Russian, about 5 total. Me in KV-1S-chan and three mediums head towards the city, the Russians head to the west. Sure enough, the entire red team shows up in the city. KV-1S-chan and the mediums try to hold them as long as possible and kill a number of them, but were eventually overwhelmed. I don't know what happened to the rest of the team, but they weren't in the city. Meanwhile, the Russians seemed to be picking flowers around D2, while the red blob on the minimap drifted towards our base.

Despite our cries to come defend the base (there were 4 reds left and were about to take our base) the 5 Russians continued to drift north, even though they were close enough to come defend the base in time, and had numbers on their side. Of course, it was a loss.

Endless "Urge to kill...RISING!" Soul
do have some sort of curse of loosing all the time ES, it seems most of the time you complaining than tell us some good story..
Old 2013-02-22, 16:29   Link #3165
Kamijou_Touma
Imagine Breaker

Quote:
Originally Posted by LeoXiao View Post
You're not a noob, if you were you'd have died much faster in those games with me and Sumeragi. Admittedly I wasn't really paying attention to you were playing, but I remember seeing in the battle reports that you got plenty of damages most of the time.

The biggest traits of noobs is that they either rush forward and forget to take cover or retreat when needed, or that they sit around "guarding" something that doesn't need to be guarded, like arty, and do not support their team. They don't consider which friendly tanks can support them if they suddenly decide to rush across that field or drive down that street, and they don't stop to think about what enemy tanks are awaiting them if they move.

RE: T34 premium tank: I have one on another account, and I don't like it. However that's probably me just not being accustomed to how it ought to be played, as well as a lack of crew skill and equipment.
Thx Leo, your gratitude is most appreciated unlike the certain female that grped with us and dies before us all the time, then complain y u no cover me..... then I start laugh so hard I forget to breathe. ah reminds me of BF3 all over again in the Metro map where they charge up the stairs only to get suppressed and die like nubs then it turns into a frag fest.

I don't usually solo charge unless I know I can do it. While, in the mean time, I always look at the mini map, unlike the certain woman we grped with... then make my plan, I've learned this while watch SideStrafe's videos... yeah he got some complaints about his play style of being a bot, but even tho he loses a game he got a kill or 3. But the reason I like his Utube is becuz he's not a total deushbag... which some of the WoT community has.

I rather take my chances with Teru, although I do intend to avoid platting with either of them, no offense Teru, but ur terrorist kamikazi style doesn't suit my platoon playing style. Talk about impatience... play some arty, maybe u'll learn the technique of patience can save ur a**.

Nice Kimi, yeah I've watched some of his 7/1 vids also, but sometimes he doesn't get the best roll off the dice and ends up being a bad game for him, but I like his attitude, its someone that I would love to platoon with, now he knows how to play, I would support him with any of my tanks.

In his latest video, he's got 22 empty slots, compared to my 13. But apparently he doesn't do platoon vids, which I think would be nice to have one or two every now and then, heck I'd random platoon with him if he let me.
Old 2013-02-22, 17:11   Link #3166
Sumeragi
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kamijou_Touma View Post
then complain y u no cover me.....
Yes, like I complained about YOU not covering me. I complain about the general lack of strategic sight on part of our team (like when everyone was bunched up near the spawn in Mountain Pass, forcing two E-50's to start the movement).
Sumeragi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-02-22, 17:24   Link #3167
LoweGear
Secret Society BLANKET
*Graphic Designer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kamijou_Touma View Post

but I think Ascaloth told me the T34 used to be the US main heavy before they swapped it to the inferior T32.
Actually, the T32 has always been the US Heavy line's Tier 8 tank. The T34 and T30 used to be the Tier 9 and Tier 10 tanks respectively.

The problem of course was that despite playing at higher tiers, the T34 and T30 were pretty much just upgunned T29's with the same weak hull. The T34 also suffered from having crappy module progression that required you to get both the tracks and the 2nd turret in order to mount its mainstay gun, the 120mm T53. Considering the amount of exp necessary to unlock said modules, it essentially meant that for the first couple of hundred battles or so you were playing a Tier 9 T29 using the 105mm T5E1.

The T34 and T30 were finally removed from the Heavy line and then replaced by the M103 and T110E5 in Patch 7.2.

Against all the evil that hell can conjure, all wickedness that mankind can produce... We will send unto them, only you.
Old 2013-02-22, 17:32   Link #3168
Kamijou_Touma
Imagine Breaker

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sumeragi View Post
Yes, like I complained about YOU not covering me. I complain about the general lack of strategic sight on part of our team (like when everyone was bunched up near the spawn in Mountain Pass, forcing two E-50's to start the movement).
Hey at least I admit going up that hill was my mistake, becuz i was thinking we should stick together as a platoon and we can cover each other's six, but still... complaining about a nub mistake. Leo said we're undergunned in that match, my M103 isn't a hacking tank where i can bounce shots like I could back in the 29 matches.

Meh, either way I still would have like it more if you two didn't rush in all the time without proper support. Yeah I would have loved to support u, but u always want to end the game 1 min in.....

I'm not the only that would say this, their other that cower in fear about u gettin heated in an arguement so they avoid it if possible. Me, I tell it straight face, u can hate me or not, ur choice, but i'm still gonna tell it how it is.
Old 2013-02-22, 17:34   Link #3169
Kamijou_Touma
Imagine Breaker

Quote:
Originally Posted by LoweGear View Post
Actually, the T32 has always been the US Heavy line's Tier 8 tank. The T34 and T30 used to be the Tier 9 and Tier 10 tanks respectively.

The problem of course was that despite playing at higher tiers, the T34 and T30 were pretty much just upgunned T29's with the same weak hull. The T34 also suffered from having crappy module progression that required you to get both the tracks and the 2nd turret in order to mount its mainstay gun, the 120mm T53. Considering the amount of exp necessary to unlock said modules, it essentially meant that for the first couple of hundred battles or so you were playing a Tier 9 T29 using the 105mm T5E1.

The T34 and T30 were finally removed from the Heavy line and then replaced by the M103 and T110E5 in Patch 7.2.
I see, see I didn't know that becuz I came in late 8.2 patch. Thats why I call myself the WoT nub compared to you veterans.
Old 2013-02-22, 17:42   Link #3170
Sumeragi
Banned

So, is the premium shell discount only for gold, or does it include credit discounts?
Old 2013-02-22, 17:43   Link #3171
willx
Nyaaan~~

Quote:
So, is the premium shell discount only for gold, or does it include credit discounts?
It's gold only. I initially thought it was a continuation of the super derp week..
Old 2013-02-22, 17:44   Link #3172
Kamijou_Touma
Imagine Breaker

i'm gonna lol @ everyone using gold to pay for premium rounds.
Old 2013-02-22, 17:44   Link #3173
Tak
Catholic = Cat addiction?

Quote:
I don't think so. This morning when I checked, I still had to pay 2k per round of premium for the E-75.

Then again, I do keep a few for emergency uses.

- Tak

Remember, the toes you step on today may be connected to the @ss you have to kiss tomorrow.
Tak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-02-22, 17:49   Link #3174
Sumeragi
Banned

So, nothing new except grinding towards the E-50 Ausf. M.
Old 2013-02-22, 17:54   Link #3175
Kamijou_Touma
Imagine Breaker

I made profits on pure gold on the M103, I posted the pics earlier in the posts.
Old 2013-02-22, 18:09   Link #3176
LoweGear
Secret Society BLANKET
*Graphic Designer

Quote:
It includes credit discounts.

Images
My M103 Premium Rounds Credit Comparison
Sorry; dynamic content not loaded. Reload?

Old 2013-02-22, 18:10   Link #3177
Sumeragi
Banned

Okay then, I'll have to buy around 2000 or so HEAT.
Old 2013-02-22, 18:13   Link #3178
LoweGear
Secret Society BLANKET
*Graphic Designer

Quote:
Okay then, I'll have to buy around 2000 or so HEAT.
... How much credits do you have anyway?

*is struggling with his credits slowly rising from 1,500,000*

Old 2013-02-22, 18:13   Link #3179
Tak
Catholic = Cat addiction?

Quote:

Images
Oh, thank you for that revelation.

I am about to go broke!

- Tak

Remember, the toes you step on today may be connected to the @ss you have to kiss tomorrow.
Tak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-02-22, 18:14   Link #3180
willx
Nyaaan~~

Quote:

Images
Oh my goodness ..

Tags
mmo games, war game, wargaming.net, world of tanks