AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Related Topics > Manga

Notices

Old 2012-10-08, 12:55   Link #821
Master Chibi
.: A bad doggy :.

lol

Every time people on here manage to get angered or upset someone has to be utter shock or disbelief as to why they're feeling that way. Hell I'm not surprised Waven showed up here at all but really we all agree that this series is being predictable and that's a bad thing so there's no reason you should start questioning it.

If you know the outcome then the reaction to the outcome should be just as predictable, don't worry about whether or not its 'worth it' or having to wonder why we're bothering to get disappointed and all that, that's our little problem.

:S

Updated once a week - http://pishi.wordpress.com/
Last updated - 5/30/10 - Random Manga Roulette!
Master Chibi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-10-08, 15:17   Link #822
Dorsai

Every manga of this kind is predictable. Even Ichigo 100% ending was predictable somewhere after middle of manga (when Nishino started working or somewhere close to it)...

Being predictable is not problem here. We read manga like this because its simple stories. Problem is that author used cliche excuses to prolong manga too often... But still its just one chapter. Raku sleeping excuse was stupid, but its not really that big problem...

A lot more important was second half of chapter... Chitoge was really cute this time. Her tsundere attitude isnt problem. Really who could get angry with her "i hate you, i hate you" blabering? It was just silly. Only idiot would not realise that its not her real feelings... Raku ofc wasnt really hurt by it. A lot bigger problem is Raku not honest with his feelings. He really hurt her a lot. I hope he will start to act like man soon. It will be painfull to wait for it longer than 2, max 3 chapters...
Old 2012-10-08, 15:59   Link #823
Xaturas

Dunno about you people but I'm not mad at him.
It was obvious that he would sleep/dooze/dream or any other kind of *not listening to you now* state. If it wasn't then he would get to gether with Onodera and manga is over, we can't have that now can we?
Chitoge was also obvious, if she was more honest, then he wouldn't have to resort to such answer. He treated her once seriously, what did he get? Her laughing in his face to cover up her question.
Unless Chitoge starts waving her flag like she really mean it, or Onodera get past her *cockblocking happens*, there is no romance progress. Frankly the first time we will see Raku actually go out with someone serious, it will be the end of manga. This won't be the same shit as GE/KNIM where MC jumps around girls like bee on flowers (while staying chaste at the same time), this MC seems to be mentaly adult, once he goes out with some girl he will mean it.
Old 2012-10-08, 17:15   Link #824
Dorsai

No manga would not end in this case... This chapter show us that his feelings for Chitoge surpass already his childish crush on Onodera... If he would start dating Onodera after some time he would realize it. And it would be a lot better story development then what we have now. Harder and more complicated to do, but if done properly- amazing and touching...

Past is past, ok Chitoge run away one time when he treated her seriously, but it not means it will repeat all the time... I didnt saw even sign of Raku being afraid of it. Where did you saw that Raku didnt want to be fooled twice and is afraid that Chitoge isnt serious? Its obvious that he knew that Chitoge was serious this time. Question she asked and that kind of serious, honest face she maked is max for tsundere like her to do at this moment (though its still more then Onodera could do in all this years with Raku).

He knew that all exactly. And he still run away from answering to her honestly and hurt her in really painful way.

And why he did it? Because he WAS SCARED. Scared of his own feelings. He started to realize that he developed strong feelings for Chitoge and she is one he like the most right now. Deep in his heart he know it already, but mind still refuse to accept it.

Its a lot more serious case this time. Before both Chitoge and Raku screw sometimes, but still they feelings for each over was on early stage. Their being not serious about they feelings was more silly and funny then serious. But this time Chitoge was serious. And Raku felt that. Thats why damage he maked is on higher level. To repair it Raku need to act like a man. I hope author will not screw this and we will see really good, touching piece of writing here...
Old 2012-10-09, 15:56   Link #825
AcroDave
Go Chrome or Go Home

Quote:
Originally Posted by Xaturas View Post
It was obvious that he would sleep/dooze/dream or any other kind of *not listening to you now* state. If it wasn't then he would get together with Onodera and manga is over, we can't have that now can we?
As completely non-nonsensical as this is, I agree (he was so excited about going to the beach with Onodera that he couldn't sleep the night before... but then he falls asleep when she's sitting right next to him in a romantic setting?? Seriously??)

But whatever.. as you say, we all expected that. No the part that irritates me is the infamous 'double troll': that having Chitoge overhear her confession turned out to be nothing. I figured that was the whole point of this setup. To add some interesting new twists to the Onodera/Chitoge dynamic. Nope, it was all trolling.

Quote:
He treated her once seriously, what did he get? Her laughing in his face to cover up her question.
YES! Exactly this! Kudos to the author for setting this up earlier, but I think he should have shown a flash-back or something to make the connection more obvious.

Quote:
Unless Chitoge starts waving her flag like she really mean it, or Onodera get past her *cockblocking happens*, there is no romance progress.
And I actually have no problem with that. Between the great art, humor, and interesting plot, I've really been enjoying this manga. The whole thing is totally cliche, but somehow the author makes it feel fresh. It seems to be running out of steam a bit lately, but we'll see how it goes.... now if he could just cut back on the trolling...

@Xaturas: great post! summed up my thoughts exactly.
Old 2012-10-10, 09:12   Link #826
willx
Nyaaan~~

Well, like a lot of comments that I've read have said, I am now reading this ~90% for cute faces and reactions and ~5% for plot and ~5% for random miscellaneous other factors.
willx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-10-10, 13:02   Link #827
Dorsai

AcroDave kiss missunderstanding from Chitoge isnt that big problem. Because her conversation with Raku in second part of chapter was dramatic enough to move plot further. Kiss would make similar damage to Chitoge. Its even good that she missunderstand. Both situations would be too much for Chitoge to stand. She could even break down.

Quote:
He treated her once seriously, what did he get? Her laughing in his face to cover up her question.

YES! Exactly this! Kudos to the author for setting this up earlier, but I think he should have shown a flash-back or something to make the connection more obvious.

Omg not this again... I will ask last time- tell me where Raku showed in last chapter that he even remember this situation? He forgot it completely. Anyway one look at her face was enough for Raku to be 100% sure that this time Chitoge is COMPLETELY SERIOUS. Thats why he chicken out and run away from answering in really stupid way (his exc uses hurt Chitoge deeply)...
Old 2012-10-11, 10:00   Link #828
Kanon
Kana Hanazawa ♥

I'm a bit saddened that Marika has been used as little more than comic relief since her introduction.
Old 2012-10-11, 10:35   Link #829
bakAnki
あやせたんの剣

Chitoge really looks scary on that last spoiler image
Hope the fight won't be too prolonged.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dorsai View Post
Omg not this again... I will ask last time- tell me where Raku showed in last chapter that he even remember this situation? He forgot it completely. Anyway one look at her face was enough for Raku to be 100% sure that this time Chitoge is COMPLETELY SERIOUS. Thats why he chicken out and run away from answering in really stupid way (his exc uses hurt Chitoge deeply)...
Is it really hard for you if someone doesn't see things like you do? No one's trying to force our view to you anyway

I said I'm agree Raku shouldn't say what he said, and I know that he also noticed that something in Chitoge is really different when she asked the question, but to be fair Raku doesn't know what that "something" is. Just like most harem MC, he's too dense

And again, to be fair shortly before the question asked Chitoge said she really really hates her anyway even though it's treated as a joke (the translation is using the f word but I don't think the actual Japanese used is that rude ^^), so most probably Raku wouldn't guess Chitoge would be really angry at his mockery like that. And I don't know, but it seems Raku still doesn't finish what he's trying to say when Chitoge snapped. He said, quoting the translation, "Anyway, if you could be more graceful and more girly", who knows if he will continue it with something like, "... maybe it'll works"

I know it means Raku wants Chitoge to not to be herself, but Raku is a tsundere in front of Chitoge, after all. It kinda make sense (to me, at least ), and he's also blushing when he said that XD
Old 2012-10-11, 15:54   Link #830
RRW
Unspecified
*Scanlator

OK, that was quite a drama

RRW is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-10-11, 18:27   Link #831
~Yami~
a random Indonesian otaku

my response after reading chapter 46 : are we nearing the end?
at least Chitoge already realized her feelings.....
~Yami~ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-10-11, 19:19   Link #832
Waven
Itadaki-nyaaa !!

Quote:
Originally Posted by ~Yami~ View Post
my response after reading chapter 46 : are we nearing the end?
at least Chitoge already realized her feelings.....
My thoughts exactly. These character developments are going quite fast. Maybe the author is already preparing for a possible axe or has been already told by editors when his series is going to end so he can start to wrap things up more smoothly.
Waven is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-10-11, 19:36   Link #833
RRW
Unspecified
*Scanlator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Waven View Post
My thoughts exactly. These character developments are going quite fast. Maybe the author is already preparing for a possible axe or has been already told by editors when his series is going to end so he can start to wrap things up more smoothly.
i doubt that is the reason. Nisekoi done well in both ranking and vol sales. not to mention the pace is already very fast to begin with.

so i suspect author just want it to be short series

Old 2012-10-11, 20:42   Link #834
vansonbee
❤Ichigo 100%❤

Quote:
Originally Posted by RRW View Post
i doubt that is the reason. Nisekoi done well in both ranking and vol sales. not to mention the pace is already very fast to begin with.

so i suspect author just want it to be short series
or he's writing himself to a corner.

He could of expand on the other heroines character's a bit more, because they're pretty well like.
Old 2012-10-11, 20:50   Link #835
bakAnki
あやせたんの剣

So I guess, Chitoge will sounds her late disapproval or maybe at the actual play Onodera will gives the Juliet role to Chitoge (while we see Marika's raging at the backgroud)?
Old 2012-10-11, 21:01   Link #836
vansonbee
❤Ichigo 100%❤

Quote:
Originally Posted by bakAnki View Post
So I guess, Chitoge will sounds her late disapproval or maybe at the actual play Onodera will gives the Juliet role to Chitoge (while we see Marika's raging at the backgroud)?
You might think your comments are random, but it truth, you're supporting hungry manga writer's.

I also think that's gonna happen too.
Old 2012-10-11, 22:31   Link #837
aswad

i love how this romeo and juliet is gonna be a great bck drop for both the gangs to fight whilst covering it up as a play
aswad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-10-11, 22:35   Link #838
LeaD36
LeaDfactor

Send a message via MSN to LeaD36
why'd you guys think this series is ending? Afaik it's stable in the middle positions, so it should be an A Ok for the time being. Ch ~100 seems easily achievable. Besides, we didn't have like ~10 clichés that i could think of from the top of my head that will still occur
LeaD36 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-10-11, 22:52   Link #839
RRW
Unspecified
*Scanlator

Quote:
Originally Posted by LeaD36 View Post
why'd you guys think this series is ending? Afaik it's stable in the middle positions, so it should be an A Ok for the time being. Ch ~100 seems easily achievable. Besides, we didn't have like ~10 clichés that i could think of from the top of my head that will still occur
at current pace, i predict it will end around 80-100. so far we just pass summer holiday. so not surprised to end it around end of school year

Old 2012-10-11, 22:59   Link #840
catavecino

you can get more than that if the girl goes back to her country, just when they realizes their feelings
catavecino is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
harem, non-harem, romantic comedy, school life, shounen, slice of life