AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Retired > Retired A-L > Lucky Star

Notices

View Poll Results: Lucky Star - Episode 5 Rating
Perfect 10 33 25.98%
9 out of 10 : Excellent 48 37.80%
8 out of 10 : Very Good 30 23.62%
7 out of 10 : Good 9 7.09%
6 out of 10 : Average 2 1.57%
5 out of 10 : Below Average 0 0%
4 out of 10 : Poor 0 0%
3 out of 10 : Bad 1 0.79%
2 out of 10 : Very Bad 0 0%
1 out of 10 : Painful 4 3.15%
Voters: 127. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread

Old 2007-05-06, 14:37   Link #21
lyric

Quote:
Originally Posted by Meophist View Post
I don't know why, but I didn't really like this episode. It just seemed wierd. The jokes were still there but the execution…
I think most of lucky star's jokes are related to Japanese culture including "OTAKU" culture. Sometimes, we cannot make fun because we have no experience of their lives. In short, we dont have sympathetic response.
I also read the manga of lucky star before, each time when konata was talking baseball program with kagami, it's really boring for me. Anyway, as long as the characters are cute, it's enough.
Old 2007-05-06, 14:47   Link #22
Meophist

That's not it, I understood the jokes. I believe they were simply executed badly. I didn't like how the characters moved around so much. I didn't think the focus on Tsukasa during the little section worked too well. I didn't think the fish moving away from Kagami was done well.

There was just a bunch of little things that simply annoyed me in this episode. As I said, the jokes were there, but I really did not enjoy its execution.
Old 2007-05-06, 15:42   Link #23
Kaoru Chujo
Yuuki Aoi

Quote:
Originally Posted by Meophist View Post
That's not it, I understood the jokes. I believe they were simply executed badly. I didn't like how the characters moved around so much. I didn't think the focus on Tsukasa during the little section worked too well. I didn't think the fish moving away from Kagami was done well. There was just a bunch of little things that simply annoyed me in this episode. As I said, the jokes were there, but I really did not enjoy its execution.
Oh, well, we may agree a bit, but I thought the fish moving away was done particularly nicely. Did you think the comic execution was better in previous episodes? And which "little section" with Tsukasa wasn't good?

EDIT: Between midnight Sunday night, when the broadcast started, and 6 am Monday morning, there have been approximately 2000 posts in the main Lucky Star thread on 2channel. Phenomenal. The three most posted-about shows are Gurren-Laggen with 52 threads, Lucky Star with 62...and Nanoha Strikers with 92.
YUUKI Aoi 悠木碧. b92.03.27 (age 29). 2008 Kurenai (Murasaki). 2009 Yumeiro Pâtissière (Ichigo), Kiruminzuu (Riko), Yutori-chan (Yutori-chan). 2010 Vampire Bund (Mina Tepeş), Shiki (Sunako), Samurai Girls (Juubee), Pokémon: Black and White (Iris). 2011 Madoka Magica (Madoka), Gosick (Victorique), A-Channel (Tooru). 2012 Symphogear (Hibiki). 2014 Pilot's Love Song (Claire/Nina), Nanatsu no Taizai (Diane). 2015 Owari no Seraph (Krul Tepes), Rokka no Yuusha (Fremy). 2016 Boku no Hero Academia (Tsuyu, Froppy). 2017 Kino no Tabi (Kino). 2021 Kumo desu ga (watashi), Kaizoku Oujo (Karin), Heike Monogatari (Biwa), etc., etc. Total of 513 roles in anime and games.

Last edited by Kaoru Chujo; 2007-05-06 at 16:18.
Old 2007-05-06, 16:17   Link #24
Nemo_N
Anime Leecher

There is something unsettling about a law enforcement agent with the Izumi genes . Yui's gun handling certainly got some Trigun vibes .

The DBZ theme brought back memories...

(I'm getting old.)
Old 2007-05-06, 16:18   Link #25
Meophist

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kaoru Chujo View Post
Oh, well, we may agree a bit, but I thought the fish moving away was done particularly nicely.
Ok, I admit, I just didn't like that joke.
Quote:
Did you think the comic execution was better in previous episodes?
Yes.
Quote:
And which "little section" with Tsukasa wasn't good?
Tsukasa's raburabu section with the phone + the little bit after.
Old 2007-05-06, 16:28   Link #26
Konata-chan
Wannabe Konata Izumi

Send a message via AIM to Konata-chan Send a message via MSN to Konata-chan
Spoiler for Konata and Nanako-sensei:

Spoiler for Episode 5 thoughts:

Another thought regarding the ED karaokes. Why is it that Aya Hirano sang in her "natural" voice for "Sore ga Ai Deshou", yet sang "in character" for "Cha-La Head-Cha La"?

Last edited by Konata-chan; 2007-05-06 at 21:46.
Old 2007-05-06, 16:42   Link #27
QBnoYouko
Twilight Breaker

Send a message via MSN to QBnoYouko
Nice episode. Was the scene with Kagami catching a fish supposed to be Pokémon?
Spoiler:
Old 2007-05-06, 16:54   Link #28
krln99

The best part for me was the "electric fan voice" gag. I always do that. I noticed in this ep and next one Konata isn't as un-stylish as I thought. She has a fairly cute blouse when she visits the Hiiragis' house in this one. And in the next ep, she wears something pretty cool-looking.

I was surprised we saw Yui in this one. I hope they show Yutaka (Yui's younger sister, the red haired small girl in the intro) soon.

Did anyone notice Kona humming "Bouken Deshou" when she was playing the net game in the last scene? More of KyoAni poking fun at itself.

As for the ED, Kona is simply imitating the original style of the songs. The first 2 songs and "HEAD CHA LA" are sung by men and meant to be loud. "Sore ga Ai Dehsou" isn't.
Old 2007-05-06, 20:32   Link #29
dahl_moon
Apathy moe~
*Scanlator

Not as burstingly funny as episode 4 (SOS-dan and 2 Heart was over the roof LOL), it was still a good episode. Rather dialog heavy, so I'll need to wait for the subs to properly enjoy it.

@Konata-chan: Thanks for the translation! Have a cookie. Does anyone find it interesting that Konata speaks in regular Japanese, while Nanako-sensei goes full chat-mode? Not just with Nanako-sensei, but with other games as well.

@krln99: Yeah, the electric fan was really funny here. Kagami's dad saying "Kagami also did it this morning" was a LOL moment.
Old 2007-05-06, 21:19   Link #30
WanderingKnight
Gregory House
*IT Support

Send a message via MSN to WanderingKnight
Gotta wait for translation for full thoughts on this one, but it had its funny moments nonetheless. One of the best parts were Kona-chan singing Bouken Desho!? Desho!? while playing and her meeting with Nanako on-line.

And I can finally identify an ending song! (I guess anyone over here can anyways...). What's best is that, just yesterday, I was at a friend's house and we were remembering old times by watching our childhood series' openings and endings, and of course, Chala-Head-Chala was in them.

Time to look for a youtube version of the ED to send it to my friends...

Place them in a box until a quieter time | Lights down, you up and die.
Old 2007-05-06, 21:36   Link #31
Konata-chan
Wannabe Konata Izumi

Send a message via AIM to Konata-chan Send a message via MSN to Konata-chan
Quote:
Originally Posted by dahl_moon View Post

@Konata-chan: Thanks for the translation! Have a cookie. Does anyone find it interesting that Konata speaks in regular Japanese, while Nanako-sensei goes full chat-mode? Not just with Nanako-sensei, but with other games as well.
No problem, I wish my Japanese was better. Since I'm no longer taking Japanese past the 2nd year, I want as much exposure to the language as possible. I guess it's good enough to understand like 10% of what's being said, but since much of the humor largely relies on the speaking bits... I'm fresh out of luck...

Even though Nanako is in the same party as Konata, Nanako is still Konata's teacher. When talking to her either offline or online, she uses the polite form (called desu/masu form, since the polite forms of verbs end in -masu and desu is the polite form of "to be"). Oddly enough, she doesn't use keigo (the form one is supposed to use when talking to someone socially superior to you), but Nanako is either a young enough person in that Konata doesn't necessarily need to use that form, or keigo is only used at business-like settings, and not at school. I guess Konata does type in regular Japanese in games, but when she isn't talking to her teacher she doesn't type in the polite form.

Looking back at some parts of the episode again, I forgot to mention more LOL moments.
Spoiler for More episode 5 thoughts:

To WanderingKnight: Cha-La Head-Cha-La Konata ED karaoke. I'm surprised that they uploaded the karaoke that fast.

Last edited by Konata-chan; 2007-05-06 at 22:46.
Old 2007-05-06, 23:01   Link #32
The Sphinx

Quote:
Originally Posted by QBnoYouko View Post
Nice episode. Was the scene with Kagami catching a fish supposed to be Pokémon?
Spoiler:
Nope, that's kingyo-sukui, the goldfish catching game. Basically try to catch a goldfish with a thin paper net. It's common at summer festivals.
Old 2007-05-07, 01:18   Link #33
kron

o god. hirano aya singing dbz, totally unexpected.
Old 2007-05-07, 01:36   Link #34
Kaioshin Sama
Banned

Send a message via MSN to Kaioshin Sama
Quote:
Originally Posted by kron View Post
o god. hirano aya singing dbz, totally unexpected.
Not really if you see my explanation. She's a fan of his music.
Old 2007-05-07, 01:41   Link #35
kron

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kaioshin_Sama View Post
Not really if you see my explanation. She's a fan of his music.
well i wouldn't of thought that the ed choice to be up to her to start with but yea. i think he sang along side with hirano aya some time ago. think it was bouken desho desho and it's somewhere on youtube.
Old 2007-05-07, 01:46   Link #36
Mirrinus
Bemused Scholar

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Sphinx View Post
Nope, that's kingyo-sukui, the goldfish catching game. Basically try to catch a goldfish with a thin paper net. It's common at summer festivals.
I think QBnoYouko was referring to what Konata was saying. I think it was something along the lines of "Getto daze!", which is the Japanese equivalent of "Gotta catch 'em all!"
Old 2007-05-07, 01:54   Link #37
whitepearl
Dietrich fan #681675

Send a message via AIM to whitepearl Send a message via MSN to whitepearl
Quote:
Originally Posted by WanderingKnight View Post
Gotta wait for translation for full thoughts on this one, but it had its funny moments nonetheless. One of the best parts were Kona-chan singing Bouken Desho!? Desho!? while playing and her meeting with Nanako on-line.

And I can finally identify an ending song! (I guess anyone over here can anyways...). What's best is that, just yesterday, I was at a friend's house and we were remembering old times by watching our childhood series' openings and endings, and of course, Chala-Head-Chala was in them.

Time to look for a youtube version of the ED to send it to my friends...
The ED for Episode 5 is on Stage6
Old 2007-05-07, 01:57   Link #38
Kaioshin Sama
Banned

Send a message via MSN to Kaioshin Sama
Quote:
Originally Posted by kron View Post
well i wouldn't of thought that the ed choice to be up to her to start with but yea. i think he sang along side with hirano aya some time ago. think it was bouken desho desho and it's somewhere on youtube.
Sometimes stuff seems to just fall into place. Maybe it was a coincidence that the episode Konata seems to end back in the Karaoke seat happens to be Chala-Head-Chala. Then again it might also be a vanity thing. It's possibly that the Seiyuu get to choose some of their own songs as well.

What just occured to me and is kind of interesting to ponder is if Konata being back as the singer is some sort of internal veto of the studios. Maybe they figure that since Aya Hirano is the bee's knees it would be best to get her in as many Karaoke roles as possible. When you think about it, and I know I should probably be mentioning this is the merchandise topic, but this is pure speculation and not confirmed merchandise anyway, what's going to sell more, Aya Hirano ED Singles or the Seiyuu who did Kagami? (Who's name I honestly can't even remember and that might be proof enough of her lack of name recognition). I also know there are a lot of Kagami fan's so I wonder how the sudden "YOU'RE TOO SLOW!" Bright Noah quote thing that Konata seems to have pulled on Kagami will play out across the net? So two things I'm interested to see in the next episode. I also wonder if they deliberately leave us with things to ponder for next time that are unrelated to the episodes content as a way of stirring up interest. We've had "Will the next episode be different" for 1-2, the shift from Konata to Kagami singing from 3-4 the Director Shift from 4-5 and now a sudden shift back to Konata singing for 5-6. The only time there hasn't been a huge bit of speculation after an episode has aired is in the 2-3 transition. Three things to think about now.
Old 2007-05-07, 06:43   Link #39
Aaluaine
lookie the GOLDEN COOKIE

Send a message via MSN to Aaluaine
ok ok ok ..... just one straight foward questions

-> did they officially change the director or not ?
Old 2007-05-07, 07:18   Link #40
krln99

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aaluaine View Post
ok ok ok ..... just one straight foward questions

-> did they officially change the director or not ?
Yes, it's in the OP scene. After the cheerleader dance, and the pom-poms fall, you get to the falling stars at 1:16-1:19, in big bold kanji it now says:

Director - Takemoto Yasuhiro
Closed Thread