AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Related Topics > Light Novels

Notices

Old 2013-11-02, 16:57   Link #4541
ZeroXSEED
I am no one

Yeah, the earlier volume of I.S. is better than say, the clusterfuck that is Hidan no Aria

As of lately though....
Old 2013-11-02, 17:09   Link #4542
Flere821
Lurker

I came into IS anime looking for mech combat & dakka, now if I want that for this season's anime I'll go watch Arpeggio of Blue Steel (at least for the dakka). I'll go watch ep5 before I go to sleep tonight or something, when I need to turn off my brain.
Flere821 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-11-02, 19:48   Link #4543
Trung-t-rung

Quote:
Originally Posted by blitz1/2 View Post
Hidan is a BAD example, because of what a mess it became.
Sure after vol 2, it became a mess with all the supernatural thrown in. I expected a teen-spy(cops) novels with criminals, guns, tactics, terrorists,... and the like. And I got a mess with vampires, immortal Sherlock, clones,...
Still, it's excution of what a school of para-military school is what we need for IS. And it is still more entertained than IS.(Maybe I don't really like the SoL, romance, comedy that IS become, and at least the MC is useful)
Trung-t-rung is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-11-03, 13:02   Link #4544
Javiersansano

Quote:
Originally Posted by Trung-t-rung View Post
Sure after vol 2, it became a mess with all the supernatural thrown in. I expected a teen-spy(cops) novels with criminals, guns, tactics, terrorists,... and the like. And I got a mess with vampires, immortal Sherlock, clones,...
Still, it's excution of what a school of para-military school is what we need for IS. And it is still more entertained than IS.(Maybe I don't really like the SoL, romance, comedy that IS become, and at least the MC is useful)
Not wanting to be a d*ick, but please be careful of turning the subject of this thread into Hidan no Aria... just in case i'm saying
Javiersansano is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-11-03, 23:35   Link #4545
Trung-t-rung

Quote:
Originally Posted by Javiersansano View Post
Not wanting to be a d*ick, but please be careful of turning the subject of this thread into Hidan no Aria... just in case i'm saying
Sure, back to the topic. Personally, I think IS should do either a timeskip or something to abandoned the setting of the Academy. At least by doing that, it would broke out of the whole highschool, romance, action and actually focus on the serious plot more. What about you guys ?
Old 2013-11-03, 23:43   Link #4546
blitz1/2
Tenshi's Defense Squadron

Quote:
Originally Posted by Trung-t-rung View Post
Sure, back to the topic. Personally, I think IS should do either a timeskip or something to abandoned the setting of the Academy. At least by doing that, it would broke out of the whole highschool, romance, action and actually focus on the serious plot more. What about you guys ?
I just want people to die. With Phantom Task becoming more aggressive and how Tabane wants to shape the world. (by opening the Pandora box that is the IS)

hai, hai. Onii-chan has his work cut out for him.
blitz1/2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-11-04, 00:25   Link #4547
Javiersansano

Maybe Ichika becoming a rogue pilot, working by himself (but with a certain rabbit's suport) all for the ssae of dealing with Madoka
Old 2013-11-04, 00:56   Link #4548
Trung-t-rung

Quote:
Maybe Ichika becoming a rogue pilot, working by himself (but with a certain rabbit's suport) all for the ssae of dealing with Madoka
I seriously want to laugh now but I won't. Ichika isn't the type to go solo-ed a whole organization full of elite pilots when he can't even handle a representative cadet. Seriously, Izuru should just give him an actual power-up to make him less useless. He can remain dense like a brick til the end of the series for all I care. Just make him at least useful and don't need to get bailed out every single damn time he fights.
Old 2013-11-04, 02:31   Link #4549
mastafrooper

I think some people forget sometimes that Ichika only found out he could pilot an IS just before the story started. He had no experience prior to that as he couldn't have foreseen his ability to pilot the IS.

The representative candidates all had training prior to heading to the academy.

I'm not saying I don't want to see him start making some progress soon but people seem to want him too be awesome at it in a short period of time.
mastafrooper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-11-04, 03:58   Link #4550
ZeroXSEED
I am no one

His harem indirectly hinder his progress doesn't help

Oh, and lack of sister's support to.

With both deciding factor out, you simply don't expect him to be much more superior than mooks.
Old 2013-11-04, 04:56   Link #4551
Javiersansano

He needs to get out of his circle of safety So that he can start to act and train stupidly and recklessly.

But even before he does that, he nerds a more concrete goal (dealing wiith madoka for example) and to stop thinking "I can pilot an IS", and start thinking "I'm an IS pilot"
Old 2013-11-04, 05:26   Link #4552
Trung-t-rung

Well, his sister despite the first time pilot an IS, she has already made a name for herself as White Knight so at least we can hope that Ichika may still have some talent for it.
Old 2013-11-04, 06:00   Link #4553
neowind

Quote:
Originally Posted by blitz1/2 View Post
I just want people to die. With Phantom Task becoming more aggressive and how Tabane wants to shape the world. (by opening the Pandora box that is the IS)
Maybe he is working on that for the final volumes when it comes.. . i can see the final plan of task.leading to mass attacks every where... .then tabane finally doing what ever she has plan..but i dont see people dieing left or right.. it will be written in a way of . ..ok ok I get where you are going..you want the action.. yeah.. >.<

the problem..it's not that kind of novel..it will have them become aggressive but i cant picture it going into where people going to die left and right.. all out end of world stuff...

Quote:
I don't think he would want rabbit lady support..one bit... but damn..if this was more different type of story format novel..that would be pretty neat... ^^
Old 2013-11-04, 07:23   Link #4554
tuckersister

Ichika has to deal with Madoka one way or another.
tuckersister is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-11-04, 08:10   Link #4555
wavehawk
Some say I'm the Reverse

Quote:
Originally Posted by tuckersister View Post
Ichika has to deal with Madoka one way or another.
Ichika! Make her fall in love with you, you idiot! It worked for every other female character to date!

Last edited by wavehawk; 2013-11-04 at 17:51.
wavehawk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-11-04, 08:19   Link #4556
Fireminer
Lumine Passio
*Author

I must say, the idea of Incest - or Twincest in this case - never fail to charm people.
Fireminer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-11-04, 08:56   Link #4557
blitz1/2
Tenshi's Defense Squadron

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fireminer View Post
I must say, the idea of Incest - or Twincest in this case - never fail to charm people.
Why wouldn't it? Taboo relationships are always the best.

hai, hai. Onii-chan has his work cut out for him.
blitz1/2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-11-04, 09:02   Link #4558
ZeroXSEED
I am no one

Why else everyone is so keen on Chifuyu (aside from being hot of course)
Old 2013-11-04, 09:16   Link #4559
Trung-t-rung

And being a badass pilot.
Old 2013-11-04, 09:16   Link #4560
Fireminer
Lumine Passio
*Author

Because together, they are the Manifestation of Adam and Eva - of course with a bit of twisting.
Fireminer is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
blockhead protagonist, comparison, fanservice, harem, manga rebooted, mecha, not dense mc, seinen, shounen