AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Retired > Retired M-Z > Umineko

Notices

Closed Thread

Old 2010-12-10, 16:10   Link #1041
maximilianjenus
[E]

I have mixed info on that, apparently the sales of the bds are pretty low and they are teh deciding factor for it; yet they are preparing even more collector edition discs (though one might say that they will just repackage the regular unsold discsin a cheaper package, thus beign somethign negative rather than positive).
Old 2010-12-10, 21:37   Link #1042
Shin Kyo

I think they'll make an anime sequal anyway. They don't wanna disappoint those who do support them now do they? ^^
Old 2010-12-11, 10:26   Link #1043
GAtakito

I complety agree with you. I started umineko with the anime and then the VN..
I know that the anime skipped some awesome scenes but they did not have the enough time to put the whole VN (1-4) in just 26 episodes (considering the fact that every episode is just 22 minutes in lenght).

As many fans were pissed off when Higurashi (first season) was adapted for the same reasons, Deen improved in Kai and even better for Rei.

So I want Chiru anime so badly :P

Last edited by GAtakito; 2010-12-13 at 10:02.
Old 2010-12-11, 15:02   Link #1044
Klashikari
阿賀野型3番艦、矢矧 Lv180
*Graphic Designer

Quote:
Originally Posted by KanonTheFurniture View Post
A) Is the difference in spelling present in the Japanese version as well?
Yes. At some point, Maria even stated in Episode 4 that she dropped the う for さくたろう.
I can't exactly remember why she did that though, but the different spellings are definitely present in the original japanese version.
Old 2010-12-12, 03:41   Link #1045
sona-nyl
Actually an Alligator

Quote:
Originally Posted by GAtakito View Post
I'm complety agree with you. I started umineko with the anime and then the VN..
I know that the anime skipped some awesome scenes but they did not have the enough time to put the whole VN (1-4) in just 26 episodes (considering the fact that every episode is just 22 minutes in lenght).

As many fans were pissed off when Higurashi (first season) was adapted for the same reasons, Deen improved in Kai and even better for Rei.

So I want Chiru anime so badly :P
But DEEN won't have room to improve like that. The main reason that Kai was adapted so well was that the first season had six arcs and 26 episodes while kai had 2 arcs and 19 episodes.
Old 2010-12-14, 14:15   Link #1046
EndlessDestiny

Send a message via AIM to EndlessDestiny Send a message via MSN to EndlessDestiny Send a message via Yahoo to EndlessDestiny
Is Twilight of the Golden Witch the last of the VNs?

And what are the chances that we'll see a season 2 anytime soon?
Old 2010-12-14, 19:32   Link #1047
blaze0041
a.k.a. Flammenkrieg
*IT Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by EndlessDestiny View Post
And what are the chances that we'll see a season 2 anytime soon?
We most likely won't see an anime adaption of the Chiru VNs until at least late 2011, early 2012.
And even then, the certainty of the project going ahead is questionable at this stage. (Since there has been no word of it)
Old 2010-12-15, 15:24   Link #1048
KanonTheFurniture
Witch's Golden Breaker

Does anyone know if there are still places accepting preorders on EP8, shipping to the US? I'd love to get it for Christmas, but I'm guessing it's a little late to be that lucky
Old 2010-12-15, 16:09   Link #1049
sona-nyl
Actually an Alligator

AmiAmi hasn't closed their pre-orders yet so you could get it there.
Old 2010-12-20, 07:38   Link #1050
Myname

Some questions about Ange.

Ange in the real world where she's being chased by her aunt and the meta-world Ange helping Battler take place in different times right? Are they happening in parallel or what?

When Ange was first introduced, she was on top of a building talking to Bern, is that the meta-world Ange or the real one looking for clues?

And did the real Ange die when her aunt (and her guards) shot her?

And I'm kinda confused about the diary flashback Maria. If she hates her mom and already killed her back then (as well as being a witch), how does she go to the island acting like nothing has happened and gets killed? Shouldn't she be able to manifest in the meta-world with Beato and Battler?

Last edited by Myname; 2010-12-20 at 08:30.
Old 2010-12-21, 09:39   Link #1051
maximilianjenus
[E]

1. the metaworld is a completely different concept from the real world(s)
2. both, the scene happened in the real world as she tried to kill herself.
3. no and yes, it seems like the guards did not kill her but her bodyguard did.
4. as far as maria goes there are two rosas, her mom and the black witch, she only hates the black witch while she loves her mom.
Old 2010-12-21, 15:33   Link #1052
LyricalAura
Dea ex Kakera

1. According to Meta-Ange's personal timeline they're happening in parallel, but time in the meta world doesn't really have a strictly linear relationship with the game board.

3. Based on the EP4 endscroll and the screen going red after she was shot at, that's probably what happened. On the other hand, it's a catbox, so you can make other explanations like Amakusa sniping everybody.

4. The scene of Maria killing Rosa was implied to be a dream she had on October 4th, which is why she woke up giggling in a creepy way.
Old 2011-01-01, 07:26   Link #1053
Judoh
Mystery buff

This isn't really a story specific question, but I don't know where else to ask. I'm looking for a very specific Umineko theories web page. It has some really old theories on it. Like Maria being Autistic for example, I think there might have been a Rokkenjima syndrome theory on there, and there's also a theory on it saying that Umineko is a dream Satoshi from Higurashi is having while in an L5 Hinamizawa syndrome coma. (that was near the bottom of the page IIRC) I think somebody had it in their sig if that helps, but obviously I don't remember who it was or I'd have found it if I'm even remembering that right.

I'm mostly looking for it because it's nostalgic to me, and I like to joke about some of the older theories there were.

Does anybody know what I'm talking about?
Old 2011-01-01, 11:17   Link #1054
Bluemail
Zero of the roulette

http://tvtropes.org/pmwiki/pmwiki.ph...koNoNakuKoroNi
Maybe it is this page, Judoh? At least it's a page where I read some theories long ago, don't remember what it exactly had and I recall this page had a different structure back then. But by clicking on the links you do get to different theories. I have actually written one about EP4's final riddle being about a bomb and golden butterflies maybe being a lighted fuse.

I guess I'll stay away from these forums for a while, avoiding EP8 spoilers... Also, beware of Youtube comments, they can be fatal.
Old 2011-01-01, 21:09   Link #1055
Judoh
Mystery buff

Nope. I'm certain it wasn't TVtropes. But thanks for trying anyway.

I'm curious though. How did it look different back then?

Last edited by Judoh; 2011-01-01 at 22:25.
Old 2011-01-02, 00:22   Link #1056
LyricalAura
Dea ex Kakera

There used to only be two sections, for translated and untranslated episodes. Someone did a major reorganization recently.
Old 2011-01-02, 04:22   Link #1057
Gar Logan78

What exactly is Umineko no Naku Koro ni Tsubasa?
Old 2011-01-02, 04:24   Link #1058
Used Can

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gar Logan78 View Post
What exactly is Umineko no Naku Koro ni Tsubasa?
A collection of all the TIPs made into a game.
Old 2011-01-02, 04:30   Link #1059
Gar Logan78

Quote:
Originally Posted by Used Can View Post
A collection of all the TIPs made into a game.
So would that be something worth buying as well, or is it just as fruitful to skim the TIPS section of each game?

Are there all the "extra TIPS" as well. Like Lambda's Diary and Bern's letter and Witch's Tanabata?
Old 2011-01-02, 04:32   Link #1060
Used Can

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gar Logan78 View Post
Are there all the "extra TIPS" as well. Like Lambda's Diary and Bern's letter and Witch's Tanabata?
This is what I meant. All of these side stories made into a SN.

Tags
q&a