AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Muv-Luv Franchise > Total Eclipse

Notices

View Poll Results: Total Eclipse - Episode 13 Rating
Perfect 10 28 42.42%
9 out of 10 : Excellent 16 24.24%
8 out of 10 : Very Good 11 16.67%
7 out of 10 : Good 8 12.12%
6 out of 10 : Average 3 4.55%
5 out of 10 : Below Average 0 0%
4 out of 10 : Poor 0 0%
3 out of 10 : Bad 0 0%
2 out of 10 : Very Bad 0 0%
1 out of 10 : Painful 0 0%
Voters: 66. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread

Old 2012-09-23, 18:39   Link #41
Dauerlutscher
Marauder Shields

Quote:
Originally Posted by SoldierOfDarkness View Post
No Stella simply stated that she didn't want to waste fuel and ammo which brings to my first point in that Yuuya wasted a lot of time having the heart to heart chat with Yui. In a scenario like that you need to GET OUT OF THERE ASAP. The second he destroyed the gun, he should've grabbed the module and ran the hell out of there rather than acting cool in front of Yui which gave the BETA time to close in on him.

Plus it didn't sound like they were critical on fuel. She simply stated "yo, let's use this taxiway so we can save some fuel." It wasn't, "We're low on fuel, if we use the taxiway we'll be able to get out"

You mean each and every Special Forces that exists in the world's primary rule is to NEVER waste time.
It was stated a couple of episodes ago that they didn't have enought fuel and ammo and the rest of the Unit stayd behind and gave them the rest of it to give them the chance to go and rescue Yui.
We also saw in this episod that Yuuya had no more ammo and was forced to fight only with a knife or blade or whateve that thing was.
Besides, a statemant like "yo, let's use this taxiway so we can save some fuel." only confirmes again that they were low on fuel and they need to save energy, otherwise that statement would have been pointless and they would have done why you guys are wanting, take of like a helicopter.
And as far as i remember this whole rescue mission was about to happen in 15 minutes. Going there, resucue and defend and treat her wound. Sure he wasted a couple of minuts with arguing with Yui about how to handle the situation with the weapon but no one of them expected so much BETA to be there and Stella was giving them rear cover. After they realized that a huge amount of Beta was heading to their direction, they imeadly tried to retreat but it was already too late.
Old 2012-09-23, 18:43   Link #42
SoldierOfDarkness
The Dark Knight

Location: From the deepest abyss in the world, where you think?
Whatever, this is almost like the part arguing in regards to the Soviet Union's mentality.

Regardless of the fuel, the fact is is that they took way too long for the rescue.

The number one rule in military operations is that NOTHING EVER GOES TO PLAN. My rule of thumb is to always have a plan B and C whenever I'm dealing with certain situations.

If he had used those precious minutes to high tail it out of there they could've been long gone from the base.

As they say in battles, a second hesitation can cost you a lot.

I also find it ridiculous to say, "sure they wasted a couple of minutes arguing and then having a heart to heart chat but no one expected so much Beta to be there..." when they've been fighting this enemy for so long they should know that you should never underestimate your opponent. That and to say "waste a few minutes" so casually is just mind boggling. Time is never on your side.

They knew the BETA were closing in and they were the only ones there. Therefore priority should've been saved Yui, retrieve/destroy the gun, and then high tail it out of there. Not take your time and have a lover's quarrel in the meantime.
Old 2012-09-23, 18:48   Link #43
Methuselah
Payback is a b*t#8, huh?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Silvance View Post
Spoilers
Spoiler for Response regarding the Takemikazuchi with slight spoilers
Sorry; dynamic content not loaded. Reload?

So what exactly happen in the novel of this episode?

**I guess the Fort Class would have gotten Yuuya if he were to lift out of the hanger slowly or the Beta would have climbed on top of the roof and pounce him.

But yea... The whole situation was stupidly executed. Less talking more treating her wound than lifting her out of here, please? Damn animes.
Old 2012-09-23, 18:57   Link #44
erakk
Damned Basterd

I was referencing episode 11-12 (when they decided to go) they mentioned about ammo and fuel.

Although it may seem stupid in a military point of view, i guess he was just trying to keep his promise to Yui in keeping both the weapon (the core now) and Shiranui safe (bring them back), so i think he was buying time (while escaping when Fort-san showed up) thinking of a strategy to go back to pick the core up.

But yeah, that chit that took too long.
And i guess he did make up(showed his GAR side for us) for the fact that he made the wrong choice...

Woah, let's not forget the name of the epicosde people: "The price of a choice".
Old 2012-09-23, 19:01   Link #45
Dauerlutscher
Marauder Shields

Quote:
Whatever, this is almost like the part arguing in regards to the Soviet Union's mentality.

Regardless of the fuel, the fact is is that they took way too long for the rescue.

The number one rule in military operations is that NOTHING EVER GOES TO PLAN. My rule of thumb is to always have a plan B and C whenever I'm dealing with certain situations.

If he had used those precious minutes to high tail it out of there they could've been long gone from the base.

As they say in battles, a second hesitation can cost you a lot.

I also find it ridiculous to say, "sure they wasted a couple of minutes arguing and then having a heart to heart chat but no one expected so much Beta to be there..." when they've been fighting this enemy for so long they should know that you should never underestimate your opponent. That and to say "waste a few minutes" so casually is just mind boggling. Time is never on your side.

They knew the BETA were closing in and they were the only ones there. Therefore priority should've been saved Yui, retrieve/destroy the gun, and then high tail it out of there. Not take your time and have a lover's quarrel in the meantime.
Oh com on. Complaining for complainings sake?
I think you are exaggeration.
That what you call top priority is exactly what they did.
Facts:
-No one of them expected this amount of BETA there and they had Stella watch over them.
-Not enought fuel and ammo. Thats is the reason why this helicopter move didn't happen.
-Yui was injured and treating that wound was important. Her wound and that she didn't had one of this suit was also the reason who he could not fight and move how he wanted.
-Deciding how to handle the situation with that weapon was important too. Leawing it there, or destroy it, or take it with them?
-Not enought ammo. That is the reason why he was forced to fight with a knife.

The only thing you could blame them for is that they wasted a couple of minutes with their lover's quarrel. Wrong choice, shitt happens, and now he has to take the consequences for that. Are you happy now?
Old 2012-09-23, 19:13   Link #46
zRichard

Quote:
Images

They looked fine too me. You probably mixed up the Zuikaku and the Type-00s.
My mistake.

White Fang unit = Zuikaku, Hydra unit = Takemis.
Old 2012-09-23, 19:16   Link #47
Aravilar

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dauerlutscher View Post
Facts:
-No one of them expected this amount of BETA there and they had Stella watch over them.
-Not enought fuel and ammo. Thats is the reason why this helicopter move didn't happen.
-Yui was injured and treating that wound was important. Her wound and that she didn't had one of this suit was also the reason who he could not fight and move how he wanted.
-Deciding how to handle the situation with that weapon was important too. Leawing it there, or destroy it, or take it with them?

The only thing you could blame them for is that they wasted a couple of minutes with their lover's quarrel. Wrong choice, shitt happens, and now he has to take the consequences for that. Are you happy now?
After Yuuya secured the area ,the only person that should have been using their weapons was Stella, logically when they were escaping they should have been shedding excess weight for fuel economy.

The amount of time they had actually was what Stella was giving them in the form of area denial via firepower, in the previous episode she said I can't hold, then they decided to waste another 3 minutes.

Yuuya is a horrible team mate. Stella did a superb job.
Old 2012-09-23, 19:18   Link #48
yankky5

The ending sounded like mother russia is gonna die.... Nooooo!!!! Dont let latrova die!!
Old 2012-09-23, 20:05   Link #49
zRichard

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aravilar View Post
After Yuuya secured the area ,the only person that should have been using their weapons was Stella, logically when they were escaping they should have been shedding excess weight for fuel economy.

The amount of time they had actually was what Stella was giving them in the form of area denial via firepower, in the previous episode she said I can't hold, then they decided to waste another 3 minutes.

Events of the narrative aren't necessarily shown in chronological sequence. Stella saw the incoming BETA at the start of the episode and we hear her warning a few moments after Yuuya missed his shots. This means that the first scene happened AFTER Yui got inside the Shiranui.

Also, lack of time wasn't the reason why the situation is where it is. Yuuya was left in the base is because how damaged his TSF got. And it got damaged because he wanted to keep his promise.

Things are simply not going according to plan.
Old 2012-09-23, 20:05   Link #50
rafael1932
claymores pimp

I said last episode that they were taking too much time talking about nothing. Glad to see that, this time, I am not the only one here.

What is bad is that they are soldiers to start with. If they were normal civilians i could forget them but this way is like stupid 2 times.

another bad thing is that yuuya is a main character and so will never die witch is unfair since more smart people died before ( especially in the 2 episode). This is also why I like second characters so much – you never know what is going to happen to them.

The episode was moderate.
Old 2012-09-23, 20:33   Link #51
playmaker2k
Nishikino Maki (* ̄▽ ̄*)

Like what zRichard said, the narrative isn't in order which leads to some jumping the gun on the delayed escape route. I understand the mistakes that he must of made in here, but it's something that he could learn from if he survives this. He's still green to fighting real life BETAs so it's a given, but we'll see what happens in the next episode.

There still wasn't any guarantee that he would not be swat down by that Fort Class so whose to say the situation wouldn't have been any different.

He was on the way out, but he had to look away from the screen to analyze Yui's condition and noticed that she was unconscious after taking a blow from the left side and losing the Core Module to the BETA. When Yuuya was climbing, he had to slowed down his boosters to keep her from further injury due to her lack of a combat suit.

Last edited by playmaker2k; 2012-09-23 at 20:46.
Old 2012-09-23, 20:43   Link #52
SoldierOfDarkness
The Dark Knight

Location: From the deepest abyss in the world, where you think?
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dauerlutscher View Post
There's only so much one can take without ignoring how stupid it is. I mean it's like having a giant nuclear sub navigating through the canals of Venice. It just doesn't make any sense

Quote:
Facts:
Oh come on. They knew that the BETA's main force was enroute. The size would be irrelevant, the fact is the enemy was literally upon them. Stella said that the main force would be on them soon yet Yuuya decides to take the time to chat with Yui about

Quote:
I hardly doubt that a US marine platoon in a combat situation where they have hostiles closing in on them would take the time to sit down, bandage her up, chat for a bit, then remove the weapon, and then initiate a lover's quarrel. She wasn't exactly in a paralyzed state.

Quote:
I never complained anything about that.

That and Yui was pretty set on destroying the weapon to begin with.

Quote:
Wasn't even talking about ammo.

Quote:
Um that's what I was complaining about so I don't know why your bringing up the previous points.

I was pointing out that because Yuuya was trying to act cool in front of Yui he put both him, his teammate, and her's life in danger by making it much harder to escape.

He's a freaking soldier for crying out loud, not some hot-shot rookie, he should know better.

Quote:
Events of the narrative aren't necessarily shown in chronological sequence. Stella saw the incoming BETA at the start of the episode and we hear her warning a few moments after Yuuya missed his shots. This means that the first scene happened AFTER Yui got inside the Shiranui.

Also, lack of time wasn't the reason why the situation is where it is. Yuuya was left in the base is because how damaged his TSF got. And it got damaged because he wanted to keep his promise.
Except I'm talking about the part where he destroys the weapon. Right after blowing it up he puts up his "I'm so cool" attitude and for a few minutes chats with Yui.

That's all I'm ranting about but I'll leave it at that.
Old 2012-09-23, 20:46   Link #53
HowlingTorment

Quote:
Well, if it's just simply going by your priority list: Saved Yui - Check, Retrieve/Destroy the Gun - Check, High Tail it out of there - While it certainly could have been executed with much more urgency and efficiency, the bottom line is that the unit with Stella and Yui was able to escape.

Taking into consideration that the CO (in this case, Yui) was able to make it out alive, and in any military, the CO is always top priority, I'd say that it ends up working out, given the circumstances (low fuel and ammo, a damaged unit, being surrounded, etc.).

And while the dialogue seemed frivolous, given the life or death situation they were in, if anything, all the dialogue served to build up character and the relationship between Yui and Yuuya, and amplified the drama of Yuuya being left behind to serve as a rearguard/decoy of sorts, more or less doomed to the horde BETA. (Though we all know that this isn't happening.)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aravilar View Post

So you're going to argue that after the hangar was secure and Stella took up a watch post, that Yuuya should have stopped using his weapon altogether, much less just dropped it? Really? In what is still a hostile environment? That's just asking for death.

And I'd argue that Stella wasn't much better in regards to leaving the area with urgency either; case in point - while Yui was being exchanged to Stella's TSF, she didn't really attempt to hasten the process, and simply allowed them to take their sweet time.

Also, can you really say that Yuuya is a horrible teammate? As far as I can tell, the only bad decision he made was not putting more urgency into escaping, a problem that Yui and Stella only exacerbated by failing to be more urgent as well with escaping from the base. Although, perhaps due to the communications issues between them, that could have played a factor in how things played out.

Besides, it seemed that once Yuuya realized that his unit was failing him during the take-off sequence, he decided to lay down some fire to give Stella the room to launch safely. I certainly can't fault him for that; he allowed them to escape, something he certainly couldn't have done if he abandoned his weapon.

*shrug* In the end, this whole episode just seemed to serve one purpose, and that was to build up the drama.
Old 2012-09-23, 20:48   Link #54
LystAP

Quote:
Spoilers
Spoiler for Response regarding the Takemikazuchi with slight spoilers
There's a profound difference however, between the Takemikazuchi we see in this episode (which probably around it was first introduced)
Spoiler for Response to Spoilers (Spoilers):
Old 2012-09-23, 21:37   Link #55
Methuselah
Payback is a b*t#8, huh?

Someone needs to make a large gif image of Yui crying next to Stella. :O I love scene - the realization before she panically begs her to turn around to save him.
Old 2012-09-23, 21:50   Link #56
Silvance
Storm Vanguard
*Graphic Designer

Quote:
Originally Posted by LystAP View Post
There's a profound difference however, between the Takemikazuchi we see in this episode (which probably around it was first introduced)
Spoiler for Response to Spoilers (Spoilers):
Spoilers
Spoiler for Response to the flashback regarding Hydra squad and their performance

Last edited by Silvance; 2012-09-23 at 22:20.
Old 2012-09-23, 21:58   Link #57
grevierr
The Lovable SuBiTA

I think what we have here again is Director Fail... Its better than the first arc, but could still use the touch of SOMEONE WHO ACTUALLY KNOWS HOW WAR DRAMA IS SUPPOSED TO WORK!!...

And yes, that Type-00s squad went down way too fast... they are yellow and blues, so should be on the level of the 3 bakas at least.

When in deadly danger, when beset by doubt. Run in little circles, wave your arms and shout.
Old 2012-09-23, 22:12   Link #58
erakk
Damned Basterd

Quote:
Except I'm talking about the part where he destroys the weapon. Right after blowing it up he puts up his "I'm so cool" attitude and for a few minutes chats with Yui.

That's all I'm ranting about but I'll leave it at that.
I might agree with you, i never done any kind of military activity nor i have military knowledge, but this is anime:

- Where dying characters get a full hour speech on before dying;
- Heroes fight talking and screaming their abilities names;
- Villains reveal their plans too easily ("Now im gonna take the control and explode the city!!!")
- Some REALLY fast scenes happens while the characters give an explanation/talk back on the enemy.

TL;DR: time in anime is inconstant.

But if the production were aiming for a realistic portrait (wich i bet it isnt the caase, at least NOT THAT realistic) that would be overkill and Yuuya would be a bad solider for doing what he did.

And if this were real life... i guess he would go to prision/punished even if he came back alive? (bad decisions, put their life in danger)...

I think that was the focus of this episode, as i said, the bad choice.
Old 2012-09-23, 22:45   Link #59
black knight iust
spirit 1
*IT Support

if yui would have gone in the 94 second and endded up thrashing around and adding more stress to hes body then she would have added almost bead out to hes resume for her next assignment and got broken glass in her body that may shatter and cause the blood stream to have glass flowing with the blood

and in a battle your suppost to know where everyone is so i beleave he knew that stella was acting like a gaurdian angel

Quote:
I hardly doubt that a US marine platoon in a combat situation where they have hostiles closing in on them would take the time to sit down, bandage her up, chat for a bit, then remove the weapon, and then initiate a lover's quarrel. She wasn't exactly in a paralyzed state.
thier not marines or pilots their eishi with midsets of 60s and 70s soldiers customized for an alternate universe think about it the dont have the same training as soldiers from this world
Old 2012-09-23, 23:53   Link #60
yankky5

Alright lets leave that mentality talk lets just say Its not anime's fault but the guy who directed this!! period . Now can we move on to somthing more interesting please

@silvance just for reference where do you know those characters anyway only half assed answers from muv luv wiki