AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Retired > Retired A-L > Infinite Stratos

Notices

Closed Thread

Old 2011-01-16, 14:16   Link #1
relentlessflame

*Administrator

Infinite Stratos - Anime Spoilers & Speculation (for Light Novel readers only)

The purpose of this thread is to allow free discussion of theories and speculation of the Infinite Stratos anime series, but be warned since it may contain unmarked spoilers. Having a central location may help focus the discussion instead of spreading speculation over the various episode discussion threads.

Acceptable post topics
  • Personal theories, speculation, guesses and such. No spoiler tags required.
  • Posting magazine previews (such as from Animage). Spoiler tags required.
  • Any form of spoiler from the Infinite Stratos light novel or manga. Clearly marked Spoiler tags required.

Spoiler Policy
  • Any spoiler that reveals future events, even under a spoiler tag, will be deleted.
    Spoiler tags should still be used where appropriate.
  • Adding a Spoiler tag:
    Just highlight your spoiler and click the button found
    on the "Quick Reply" and "Reply to Thread" forms.
    Make sure that you include a title for the spoiler!
  • Please use the Report button if you see any spoilers:
    Click the button found to the left of the post, just under the poster's avatar.
    Using the Report button is anonymous and helps the Moderators
    to locate and deal with problems quickly.
  • Posting prohibited spoilers may result in a ban.
    Note: Reporting a post does not mean the poster will be banned instantly.
    The Moderators will use bans if warnings are repeatedly ignored.
Old 2011-01-16, 22:46   Link #2
ZeKeR
Superbad

WILL TEH OLDER SISTER UNLOCK BROCON?!

because somewhere in here, it was said that she challenged them to take him by force...
Old 2011-01-17, 00:11   Link #3
I_am_Kami
Disabled By Request

Quote:
Originally Posted by ZeKeR View Post
WILL TEH OLDER SISTER UNLOCK BROCON?!

because somewhere in here, it was said that she challenged them to take him by force...
I think it can be misinterpreted
Old 2011-01-17, 02:54   Link #4
hayate-sama
お姉さま、君はどこ

Quote:
Originally Posted by I_am_Kami View Post
I think it can be misinterpreted
more like, 6 of them fight to death and the winner can keep him
Old 2011-01-17, 03:03   Link #5
AlaAlba

She said to them "I won't give him to you all". but it's still unclear whether she had the brocon feeling.

I hope she'll join the group
Old 2011-01-17, 03:54   Link #6
SoFarGone
H.A.M.

its possible considering how popular incest is in anime/manga as of late.
Old 2011-01-29, 01:54   Link #7
n0m@n
C-Z

At volume 3 of the light novel the 1st Year goes for camp training at a beach. Ichika had to share the room with his sister because he was the only male so he wouldnt be allowed to share a room with the other students. His sister let the girls came into their room, and she was teasing them about the girls and Ichika. She asked them if they want him, and when 1 of them asked if she can. She replied, I wont give him morons, if you are girl take him by force.

But in later volumes it is hinted that they are not real siblings and that one of the terroist called M calls herself Orimura Madoka who looks the same is Chifuyu but much younger.
Old 2011-01-29, 02:35   Link #8
SoldierOfDarkness
The Dark Knight

Location: From the deepest abyss in the world, where you think?
Aiya so she's not really his true sister?
Old 2011-01-29, 02:55   Link #9
demonfang

Huh? I read thru the novels, never found anything to imply Ichika isn't blood related. Which volume and page did you get that information from?
Old 2011-01-29, 05:40   Link #10
n0m@n
C-Z

Sorry I said it wrong. That part was my specutalion, because M said that she is him to Ichika.
Old 2011-01-29, 09:30   Link #11
Athena
The Power of One

Well, I think that Orimura Madoka is Chifuyu's sister, but there's somewhere a mistake, and Ichika ends up with Chifuyu and Madoka's alone.
Old 2011-02-05, 09:17   Link #12
MeisterBabylon
~ Your Smile ~
*Author

Reposting for novel speculators:

I've been hunting high and low for a link between the country reps with personal units who appear in canon thus far. At first I thot it was Hetalia, or some WW2 fetish that Japan had been into lately, but no real definition existed.

It was during a discussion about how many IS cores are there left for the ISA to use, when I brought up the idea that IS cores would probably been entrusted to only those countries stable enough to prevent their cores from being stolen. This led me to wiki the NNPT:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wikipedia
The Treaty on the Non-Proliferation of Nuclear Weapons, also Nuclear Non-Proliferation Treaty (NPT or NNPT) is a treaty to limit the spread (proliferation) of nuclear weapons. The treaty came into force on 5 March 1970, and currently there are 189 states party to the treaty, five of which are recognized as nuclear weapon states: the United States, Russia, the United Kingdom, France, and China (also the five permanent members of the United Nations Security Council).
See something? I know I did. That would mean that we will very likely have a US rep and a Russian rep join Ichika's harem in future.

Which then takes us to...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wikipedia
Four non-parties to the treaty are known or believed to possess nuclear weapons: India, Pakistan and North Korea have openly tested and declared that they possess nuclear weapons, while Israel has had a policy of opacity regarding its own nuclear weapons program.
I seriously doubt the author, or Japan for that matter, is that progressive to consider featuring 2 dark-skinned nations, and hope to still sell. So that's Japan's ownership of IS, and their symbiotic (and often fetished about) cousin Germany covered. You could even argue flimsily I suppose that the troubled nature of Japan's and Germany's representatives history with IS was an allusion to turmultuous Indian and Pakistani experience with nuclear power. The German rep was even after Japan rep's life. Just like the two neighbours, don't you think?

So I won't be surprised if Israel's rep appears some time. Their personal IS program would be the worst kept secret in the world!

North Korea may or may not appear, but I reckon that the author has taken to use "rogue states" instead in this analogy. These states are represented by Phantom Task and/or the unmanned IS manufacturers who created the cores illegally, if they weren't the same party.

So there you go, if you wanted see if Infinite Stratos had something deep buried in cheap harem, here's a little something for you to think about.
Old 2011-02-06, 13:07   Link #13
Terminator98
Archangelic Demon Vampire
*Author

So woot is happening here...
Houki and Ichika fighting? O.o

Old 2011-02-07, 16:04   Link #14
Xacual

Quote:
Originally Posted by MeisterBabylon View Post
See something? I know I did. That would mean that we will very likely have a US rep and a Russian rep join Ichika's harem in future.
Spoiler for US and Russia:

Just remember that most of the representatives we see at the school are just candidates for the position. The official rep position is unlikely to be held by a student, I think there is only one student that holds the rep position instead of being a candidate.

I was influenced by a certain group overflowing with madness and started trying to write a story. Please give it a try. Crashed into Fantasy
Old 2011-02-07, 22:28   Link #15
ZeKeR
Superbad

MOAR nee-san characters for ichika....

inb4 russia rep has a thing for the guy
Old 2011-02-08, 02:18   Link #16
MeisterBabylon
~ Your Smile ~
*Author

Quote:
Originally Posted by Xacual View Post

Just remember that most of the representatives we see at the school are just candidates for the position. The official rep position is unlikely to be held by a student, I think there is only one student that holds the rep position instead of being a candidate.

As for the latter point, I've been wondering about it, then went to rewatch the subs just to be sure, and there it was, representative candidate. It does make your point stand. Looks like it is possible for multiple candidates from the same country to vy for a few slots.
Old 2011-02-08, 06:49   Link #17
kuroishinigami
Ava courtesy of patchy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Xacual View Post

No no no. US representative is only introduced in vol 6 named Elly. The IS she's piloting is based on Rin's Shenlong, although more advanced(forget the name. Check my summary for the IS name). Silver Gospel's pilot is not US representative, she's just part of the US army, and thinking that IS academy is the equivalent of high school, those students would most likely graduate around age 18 so already graduate from academy at age 20s is normal.
Old 2011-02-08, 15:06   Link #18
Xacual

Quote:
Originally Posted by kuroishinigami View Post
No no no. US representative is only introduced in vol 6 named Elly. The IS she's piloting is based on Rin's Shenlong, although more advanced(forget the name. Check my summary for the IS name). Silver Gospel's pilot is not US representative, she's just part of the US army, and thinking that IS academy is the equivalent of high school, those students would most likely graduate around age 18 so already graduate from academy at age 20s is normal.
Ahh ok thanks for the correction.

I was influenced by a certain group overflowing with madness and started trying to write a story. Please give it a try. Crashed into Fantasy
Old 2011-02-09, 01:41   Link #19
neowind

Quote:
Originally Posted by kira0802 View Post
Well, I think that Orimura Madoka is Chifuyu's sister, but there's somewhere a mistake, and Ichika ends up with Chifuyu and Madoka's alone.
interesting XD that can be true.; but also maybe he not even there sister also^_^ its all a wild guess. i havent read the novel. but i just get the feeling after reading these post..that their something about him. i dont think he is the brother but something else^_^
Old 2011-02-09, 09:00   Link #20
n0m@n
C-Z

In one of the novel, Rin comments on how Ichika has so many photo albums, but he does not have a single photo before he was 5 years old. Also he had a weird dream about a mysterious girl when was injured in volume 3, which might be related to the upcoming story.
Closed Thread