Notices

Old 2012-01-15, 06:50   Link #4721
elleinad00

Wow that's really hard.......
so Takahashi-san still didn't end it in a "happy ending"
elleinad00 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-01-15, 10:52   Link #4722
Senshigeia

But he is with Shana, fighting for this perfect world to work out. For me that is a good ending!
No one has happy endings in real life: when we are able to be happy there is always something to fight for, so I am happy with this ending

Sig credit to Bila / Avatar credit to SweetHoney

Check out my anime and manga lists!
Senshigeia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-01-15, 11:31   Link #4723
Hell_ping
一刀繚乱

Well, love hurts after all.

Anyway, I hope to finish Shana Chp 3 by 27. There's like 130 pages in there...
Hell_ping is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-01-15, 12:13   Link #4724
Senshigeia

That would be great Teh Ping! One day after I'll have [hopefully] completed my college degree I can't wait to read the grand finale!!

Old 2012-01-15, 17:53   Link #4725
Mad_Scientist

Quote:
Originally Posted by Senshigeia View Post
But he is with Shana, fighting for this perfect world to work out. For me that is a good ending!
No one has happy endings in real life: when we are able to be happy there is always something to fight for, so I am happy with this ending
It makes sense that people would hate Yuji. While his motives were good, he did play a big part in a war that that cost many lives and killed who knows how many Flame Hazes. Maybe there was no other way to accomplish what he did, but not everyone is going to be forgiving despite that, especially considering how most Flame Hazes were at least partially driven by hatred of Crimson Denizens.
Mad_Scientist is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-01-15, 18:05   Link #4726
Ec1ge
A true 灼眼のシャナ Shanite. :D

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mad_Scientist View Post
It makes sense that people would hate Yuji. While his motives were good, he did play a big part in a war that that cost many lives and killed who knows how many Flame Hazes. Maybe there was no other way to accomplish what he did, but not everyone is going to be forgiving despite that, especially considering how most Flame Hazes were at least partially driven by hatred of Crimson Denizens.
You can't force people to agree with your ideas/beliefs, but you can persuade them.
And like in the ending and what other people on this thread said about tomogara and flame hazes, not every1 likes Xanadu.
Ec1ge is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-01-16, 09:49   Link #4727
elleinad00

yeah....... Ok I change my words I change my words........ This is not a Disney show....... It's not a " and they lived happily ever after....." but if Shana and the others are happy then I'm relieved now...

But I just realized after reading the epilogue my brain was shouting "I WANT MORE!!" but oh well....
elleinad00 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-01-17, 04:38   Link #4728
Mad_Scientist

I'm confused from what I've seen of the final Light Novel's translation. Only the early parts of Chapter 2 and 3 are translated right now, which is why I am scratching my head. Chapter 2 has Alastor and Shana say they don't intend to stop Yuji/Snake, they just intend to write a new law into existence in the world they are creating, and it seems like they succeed... yet the following chapter they are acting like they failed in their plan, whatever it was. Obviously there is a big chunk of the story I am missing, and perhaps I should just be patient... but if someone feels like explaining now, I certainly won't object.
Old 2012-01-18, 08:42   Link #4729
Cosmic Eagle
今宵の虎徹は血に飢えている

Snake is using his Shini Shoukan (IE, his power as a God) to override the code Shana and co forced in.
Old 2012-01-18, 16:37   Link #4730
Mad_Scientist

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cosmic Eagle View Post
Snake is using his Shini Shoukan (IE, his power as a God) to override the code Shana and co forced in.
Interesting. That brings up another question, why was he so freaked out by the code? If there is unlimited Power of Existence in the new world and the Denizens don't need to eat humans, why would he care that much if the law was altered to make it literally impossible to eat humans? Too many questions lol.
Old 2012-01-19, 00:56   Link #4731
Cosmic Eagle
今宵の虎徹は血に飢えている

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mad_Scientist View Post
Interesting. That brings up another question, why was he so freaked out by the code? If there is unlimited Power of Existence in the new world and the Denizens don't need to eat humans, why would he care that much if the law was altered to make it literally impossible to eat humans? Too many questions lol.
Because it's simply someone trying to impose their will on your creation and ruin your paradise. For the Tomogara for whose sake he's doing this, that's the worst thing ever...

Would you want it if someone tried to impose laws and retribution on you if you were in what was to be your eternal paradise when you can run free and happy?

In the end he just decided to let things be so it isn't as if it was a fatal blow to his Creation...
Old 2012-01-22, 02:18   Link #4732
edgelesspigeon

Just a quick question teh_ping. You said that, "Of course, Shana thrashed Yuji after all the Tomogara left in a lol fashion, since Yuji lost all his powers except for the Blutsauger." Later, however, when asked if Yuji still has his powers, you said "All I can say is that Yuji still has them (and more)." Can you explain this? By still has them, are you referring to Yuji's old pre-SotF powers, or is there another explanation? If you want me to wait for your translation, I can, but I'm just a little curious.
edgelesspigeon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-01-23, 22:32   Link #4733
Game8910
Shanacon/Ariafag

I have a question regarding Synoday vs Centerhill, I know the anime omitted their final battle but I was wondering if anyone here could give me more details as to HOW that fight actually went on?
Spring 2011 Impressions (part2)
Game8910 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-01-23, 22:59   Link #4734
Cosmic Eagle
今宵の虎徹は血に飢えている

Quote:
Originally Posted by Game8910 View Post
I have a question regarding Synoday vs Centerhill, I know the anime omitted their final battle but I was wondering if anyone here could give me more details as to HOW that fight actually went on?
It went like that too....the last line in that paragraph is basically, Shin Tetsu Nyoi flashed down.

Then we cut to Samuel's death scene and the epilogue after that.
Old 2012-01-23, 23:42   Link #4735
Elf song

After Samuel's death scene, it states that rain stays for another ten minutes and then ceased. Centerhill loses an arm and uses lot of his power already retaining the Tlalocan I can't blame him though.
Elf song is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-01-23, 23:55   Link #4736
Cosmic Eagle
今宵の虎徹は血に飢えている

Well he's a god of the Land....I see that just as Tlaloc's final mourning to him...

He's really much weaker compared to the other 3...
Old 2012-01-24, 05:25   Link #4737
Senshigeia

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cosmic Eagle View Post
Well he's a god of the Land....I see that just as Tlaloc's final mourning to him...

He's really much weaker compared to the other 3...
He looked more like a strategist to me, other than a fighter.

Old 2012-01-24, 08:01   Link #4738
AlaAlba

lol, after so many years maybe I should pick up the novel again, but seems unlikely so too lazy to speed up 6 vols.
dropped the novel on 16 I think and lost my interest since then. I remembered I lost it when I saw those so many random new characters pictured on the illustration of volume 17. felt so meh and so lazy to start reading
or did I make a mistake here? is it worth to read?
AlaAlba is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-01-24, 09:31   Link #4739
Cosmic Eagle
今宵の虎徹は血に飢えている

Well it's worth it to me.....the anime is very very condensed
Old 2012-01-25, 09:54   Link #4740
Kochiya
Lv.6 Railgun and violin

Send a message via MSN to Kochiya
The novels have fantastic details. Especially with that torrent of new characters, it gets you excited to want to know more about them, no? XD
Kochiya is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
dengeki bunko, fantasy, light novels, romance, seinen, shounen