Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Current Series > Gundam

Notices

Old 2004-01-30, 19:39   Link #21
Leo_Otaku
Rewrite of the Life

Send a message via AIM to Leo_Otaku Send a message via MSN to Leo_Otaku
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tabiree
I was directing it at annoying slobs who think they deserve fully uncut japanese animation for free.

Leo, we're ok now thought, right?

Yeppers ^-^ if u will forgive
Leo_Otaku is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-01-30, 20:58   Link #22
Panon

Quote:
Originally Posted by Leo_Otaku
Damn it now there r going to be a bunch of Noobits running around thinking they r the L337 Gundam SEED masters...well I know that loser guy who makes anime look bad in my school will and he will go up to me and say "Hey did u see the new gundan show" and I'll be ...ok u get the just
The only thing worse than a "newb" is an elitist.

But I mean really, everybody knows it's going to be edited on TV, and everybody knows the dub won't be as good as the original audio.

Who cares? TV screenings are not for viewers like us, they're for the casual anime fans. I won't watch a second of SEED on TV, but I'll be buying the dvds the second it's possible.
Panon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-01-31, 07:18   Link #23
microlith

Send a message via AIM to microlith
everybody knows the dub won't be as good as the original audio.

Elitist symptom #1: A dub is always worse than the Japanese audio, no matter who does it, when it was made, or whether the person making the claim even knows Japanese at all.
microlith is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-02-16, 10:10   Link #24
Silver_Scorcher

Speaking as a Canadian who doesn't get Cartoon Network, I'm praying that YTV (Our equivalent of Cartoon Network) doesn't show Gundam SEED because they'll probably edit the hell out of it. I'm more than prepared to buy it on DVD anyways. The DUB actors for the most part are pretty good but like a couple of other people out there, I'm worried what Kira will sound like in English. I can't remember the name of the actor, all I know is that he hasn't had a lot of lead roles or any roles for that matter, so it should be interesting as to how that'll work out. I'm also kind of interested as to how Cartoon Network or YTV (If they decide to show it), will handle the bedroom scene between Kira and Fllay. Should be interesting...
Silver_Scorcher is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-02-16, 11:57   Link #25
Shadow Hunter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Silver_Scorcher
Speaking as a Canadian who doesn't get Cartoon Network, I'm praying that YTV (Our equivalent of Cartoon Network) doesn't show Gundam SEED because they'll probably edit the hell out of it. I'm more than prepared to buy it on DVD anyways. The DUB actors for the most part are pretty good but like a couple of other people out there, I'm worried what Kira will sound like in English. I can't remember the name of the actor, all I know is that he hasn't had a lot of lead roles or any roles for that matter, so it should be interesting as to how that'll work out. I'm also kind of interested as to how Cartoon Network or YTV (If they decide to show it), will handle the bedroom scene between Kira and Fllay. Should be interesting...

Nothing is shown of that scence.. But then again its knowing what there doing that counts ~.~, I expect a fade out abit before.. Showing more of the romance part and less of the really more adultesh themed stuff, They have done so in the past. Some times in ruins it and some times its just fine. We shall have to wait in see mostly.

Also I expect he whont be telling his friend(I forget his name..),"Yea so what I slept with her!", I expect it shall be more on the lines of,"Yea, So im cheating on her?, Big deal?, What have you done for her". Around those lines.. I would like to see more opinion on it myself =).
Shadow Hunter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-02-17, 03:17   Link #26
Kaka
罪人クロノ

hey I live in canada too

but I am just so glad that I won't have a chance to see it on TV.........don't want my ears to get contaminated :P
Kaka is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-02-17, 11:24   Link #27
Silver_Scorcher

Now that I think of it, SEED won't be edited all that much, atleast on CN. It's supposed to be airing Saturday evenings on the adult swim block, which means pretty much everything will be left intact. As for the DUB itself, I'd say there really is nothin to worry about. The Ocean Group is doing it (They did the DUBS for Gundam Wing, Gundam 0079 & Inu-Yasha to name a few), and for the most part their DUBS are well done most of the time. Either way, I don't think the DUB will compare at all to the original Japanese acting. After seeing who would play each character in SEED, I'm a little surprised that Brad Swaile (Quatre in Gundam Wing), will play Dearka (or Deakka, I don't know how it's pronounced). He doesn't strike me as the bad-ass type, so it should be interesting to see how that turns out as well. I'm also interested in how Yzak & the Psycho Gundam pilots of the Earth Alliance will sound in English. How it shows on TV doesn't matter to me, cuz I have every intention of buying the DVD's when they finally come out in the fall.
Old 2004-02-19, 19:34   Link #28
brightman
Ancient Member

Quote:
After seeing who would play each character in SEED, I'm a little surprised that Brad Swaile (Quatre in Gundam Wing), will play Dearka (or Deakka, I don't know how it's pronounced). He doesn't strike me as the bad-ass type, so it should be interesting to see how that turns out as well.
Well, if you're familiar with Japanese voice actors, you'll see a lot of "bad ass" characters' seiyuus doing girly characters in other anime. For example, "crybaby" Kira Yamato's seiyuu, Souichiro Hoshi did the "badass" Kazuma in Scryed, and Athrun Zala's seiyuu Akira Ishida does people like Gaara in Naruto and Chrno in Chrno Crusade. So if the Japanese can do that level of acting I'm sure Americans could (though maybe I'm too optimistic )...
Old 2004-02-20, 23:23   Link #29
EliteJounin

Quote:
Damn it now there r going to be a bunch of Noobits running around thinking they r the L337 Gundam SEED masters...well I know that loser guy who makes anime look bad in my school will and he will go up to me and say "Hey did u see the new gundan show" and I'll be ...ok u get the just
First of all, how old are you?
Because to think that a person is able to damn others just because of a person watching a particular show that they like is kind of sad. So from the above post... it seems that you would think that those people dont deserve to watch it? Is that what you are saying.

Second of all, I assume that you dont like the "loser guy" just because he likes anime. Why should you hate someone just for liking an anime and that they like to express it? Does that seem stupid to you?
Face it, a lot of people are like that. The thing is..... they are anime fans too.
EliteJounin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-02-21, 23:00   Link #30
Silver_Scorcher

Quote:
Originally Posted by brightman
Well, if you're familiar with Japanese voice actors, you'll see a lot of "bad ass" characters' seiyuus doing girly characters in other anime. For example, "crybaby" Kira Yamato's seiyuu, Souichiro Hoshi did the "badass" Kazuma in Scryed, and Athrun Zala's seiyuu Akira Ishida does people like Gaara in Naruto and Chrno in Chrno Crusade. So if the Japanese can do that level of acting I'm sure Americans could (though maybe I'm too optimistic )...
Well, look at how the DUB for S-cry-ed turned out. Kazuma and Ryuho sound just crappy in the DUB. While the voices in that anime are done well on the parts of the sub-characters, the voices for Kazuma and Ryuho just don't sound right at all. Besides, while I love to watch dubbed anime, the bottom line is, when it comes to anime, Japanese VA's have what it take to take on different character traits. Some English VA's do as well, but most don't. Don't get me wrong though, Brad Swail is a great actor and one of my favourite VA's overall, I just don't picture him playing Deakka in Gundam Seed.
Old 2004-02-22, 03:20   Link #31
Fronzel
Schmuck

Quote:
Now that I think of it, SEED won't be edited all that much, atleast on CN. It's supposed to be airing Saturday evenings on the adult swim block, which means pretty much everything will be left intact.
Well, actually, it seems it will air on the "Saterday Action Block" which currently airs such things as Yugioh, Teen Titans, Justice League Cyborg 009 and .hack//SIGN. Adult Swim will absorb most of it farly soon, but some will remain and it seems SEED will air during this part and will thus, be held to more rigourus standards.

Quote:
As for the DUB itself, I'd say there really is nothin to worry about. The Ocean Group is doing it (They did the DUBS for Gundam Wing, Gundam 0079 & Inu-Yasha to name a few), and for the most part their DUBS are well done most of the time.
Gosh, I thought the 0079 dub was mostly terrible* and Inuyasha was blandly mediocre,** and have thought to myself a few time "Ocean Group is WEAK," so damn.

*Too bad it's the only thing available on the DVDs. Curse Sunrise!

**Or maybe that's just because the show itself is blandly mediocre. ZING!
Fronzel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-02-22, 10:12   Link #32
Ranko
Mech Engineer

Send a message via ICQ to Ranko Send a message via AIM to Ranko
well hope spring eturnal,
and the way i deal with otaku-in-training(in reply to leo's comment about noobs) is i simply humor them and then tell them that i saw the anime x many months ago, and then direct them to other animes that are good and should be viewed, remember we where all newbies once.
Ranko is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-02-22, 11:12   Link #33
andy

Well i hope bandai would have used better VA's , but i only watch subs anyway , any way i will get seed when comes out on dvd , but for right now the gundam for this year is not seed it's Zeta but hey you really can't tell the newbies to watch a show from 1985 lolol. Also some dubs are not that bad . Eg Hellsing had a pretty good dub.
andy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-02-25, 18:45   Link #34
method

CN has announced that Seed will be airing on Toonami which will be on Saturdays starting on April 17th.

http://www.animationinsider.net/arti...&topic_id=8478
method is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-02-25, 21:09   Link #35
Sabin

Send a message via ICQ to Sabin Send a message via AIM to Sabin
Quote:
In this scenario you tell him who dies, how and when as well as any other important spoiler material you can.
Sabin is offline   Reply With Quote