AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Retired > Retired A-L > Lucky Star

Notices

View Poll Results: Lucky Star - Episode 19 Rating
Perfect 10 27 32.93%
9 out of 10 : Excellent 29 35.37%
8 out of 10 : Very Good 17 20.73%
7 out of 10 : Good 5 6.10%
6 out of 10 : Average 1 1.22%
5 out of 10 : Below Average 0 0%
4 out of 10 : Poor 1 1.22%
3 out of 10 : Bad 1 1.22%
2 out of 10 : Very Bad 0 0%
1 out of 10 : Painful 1 1.22%
Voters: 82. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread

Old 2007-08-12, 17:00   Link #21
Shana

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kaioshin_Sama View Post
With Aya Hirano
Win, win, win, win, win, WIN!
Old 2007-08-12, 18:17   Link #22
dkellis
illusion control
*Author

Send a message via ICQ to dkellis Send a message via AIM to dkellis Send a message via MSN to dkellis
Spoiler for Hiyori's bishounen sketches:
Old 2007-08-12, 19:23   Link #23
CrowKenobi
One PUNCH!
*Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Meophist View Post
Spoiler:
Spoiler for answer:
Old 2007-08-12, 20:16   Link #24
Meophist

Quote:
Originally Posted by CrowKenobi View Post
Spoiler for answer:
It was a little surprise. I didn't realize it at first.
Old 2007-08-12, 21:15   Link #25
krln99

I saw those pics. I've seen quite a few anime that put in easter eggs like those when a character gets smacked in the head and sees stars.
Old 2007-08-12, 21:51   Link #26
Kaioshin Sama
Banned

Send a message via MSN to Kaioshin Sama
Quote:
Originally Posted by ~Shana View Post
Win, win, win, win, win, WIN!
Easy, easy, easy, easy, easy, EASY! Give it time.

Oh God! What have I done! If this doesn't pan out they're going to find me tarred and feathered....
Old 2007-08-12, 22:02   Link #27
Alesiopdv
True Believer of Haruhi

Maybe because I still didnt watch the raw but...

Spoiler for confused scene:
Old 2007-08-12, 22:29   Link #28
takumi2k4

Woah, that's a really hawt pic of Kanata right there! Can I say M**F? Hehe.

Anyway, great ep today. I loved how Hiyorin is such a fujoshi, but at the same time rejecting that. It makes for great comedy. But where's my favorite gaijin?? Patty and Hiyorin have really great chemistry as fujoshi's, they rival the manzai of Konata and Kagami. (not sure if I worded that right...)

Is it just me or does Yuu-chan going 50 foot tall remind you of EVA? I can't remember exactly, but I seem to remember Ayanami turning white as hell and starts destroying the Earth or something like that.

Lol at waitress Kagami! For those who haven't noticed yet, the waitress uniform Kagami is wearing is the same one that Tessa of FMP:F was wearing when she was in Japan. I don't have the exact shot as I can't find my copy of Fumoffu anywhere, but I'm sure as hell that it happens before they go to the hot springs.

I found Shiraishi's ED pretty lame this time, as far as I know he was screaming "suppon" or naked in English in the whole song. I demand moar of seriousness.

Anyway, great ep great ep. Now if the subs can come out much sooner, it'll be a greater ep.
Old 2007-08-12, 23:20   Link #29
dahl_moon
Apathy moe~
*Scanlator

Finally caught up; was backlogged a few episodes.

I think I can elect one VERY memorable scene of this episode; on par of Kagami's fall from grace,
Spoiler:

Hiyori is also a very interesting character, and I am enjoying every moment of her appearance. As the others have said, the freshmen are really standing out, but the old ones are also given much love (Kuroi, Miwiki). L*S has been quite stellar recently.

Also, I loved how they use audio in this series. The variety of sounds that is played when Konata and Izumi-chichi's lines are bleeped out was very effective.

The ending, the scrolling lines at the bottom gave me niconico comment vibes^^;;;;; Was alarmed for a moment
Old 2007-08-13, 00:38   Link #30
Kang Seung Jae
神聖カルル帝国の 皇帝

I can't understand that joke about the dog... "Chin Chin?"
Old 2007-08-13, 00:43   Link #31
Alesiopdv
True Believer of Haruhi

Chin Chin seems to be a slang word for penis. Or something like that.
Old 2007-08-13, 00:48   Link #32
Kang Seung Jae
神聖カルル帝国の 皇帝

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alesiopdv View Post
Chin Chin seems to be a slang word for penis. Or something like that.
Just looked up the dictionary >_>
Old 2007-08-13, 08:48   Link #33
Kinny Riddle
Gone for Good

First some references:

Yui-nee is seen reading Fate/Zero, the prequel novel for Fate/stay night

Hiyorin is seen munching on a gigantic Shana-sized melon-bread

Hiyorin falling down animation sequence seems to be referring to JoJo's Bizarre Adventure

I'm sure everyone saw the Edward Elric (and Roy Mustang?) cosplayers

The SOS Brigade going bowling. Heh, I can so imagine them doing that. It makes for a great chapter, in which the bowling rounds never ends until Haruhi wins them all.

Quote:
Originally Posted by kj1980 View Post
The bowling score made me laugh. Haruhi is winning, Mikuru's obviously losing, Kyon and Koizumi in between. But what made me smile was Nagato's score as it resembles how she would bowl in real life; a gutter ball on the first throw and then gradually tweaking herself into perfect strikes and splits wwwwww.
And here's a screenshot:

From top down, the names are: Haruhi, Kyou, Yuki, Mikuru and Itsuki.

Anyway:

- Tsukasa-chan not realizing she just said something obscene by accident +1

- Soujirou watches everything Gundam, simply because it's Gundam. I reckon he'll still watch Gundam 00 even if it has more yaoi-fodder than Gundam Wing. +1

- Nanako-sensei sleeping through the whole weekend. Man, I wish I could do that and just waste my weekend away. +1

- Poor Kona-chan and Yui-nee. After hearing Minami tell her that she would ask Miyuki for any problems with her homework, Yu-chan simply assumes Kona-chan and Yui-nee would be able to do the same. (While poor Soujirou got ignored completely, lol ) +1

- Poor Nanako-sensei. She's no longer being treated as a teacher but as an expert fellow MMORPGamer. lol +1

- Kona-chan doesn't realize she just made a silly pun out of typhoons. (It's hard to explain in English. ) However, Tsukasa-chan caps it off by revealing she didn't get the joke either. +1

- Don't you just hate it when the doorbell rings whenever you're taking a crap, shower or brushing your teeth? +1

- Waitress Kagamin~~!!! +5

- Hiyorin in all sorts of emotions when drawing her yaoi doujins +1

- Hiyorin at a lost to explain to Yu-chan what kind of manga she draws. (Because it's full of yaoi. ) +2

- Minami x Yu-chan FTW, in Hiyorin's imagination anyway. BTW, a grown up Yu-chan sure is hot as well. But poor Minami would be dwarfed by her as a result. +1

- Yu-chan asking Hiyorin: What's yaoi? +5

No comment on Lucky Channel today.

The ED is fine, since Kyo-Ani says it's OK for me to turn off the volume.

Total points 21/10

Last edited by Kinny Riddle; 2007-08-13 at 10:18.
Old 2007-08-13, 11:32   Link #34
kenjiharima
Mizore-chan

chin chin...omg!!! --- I didn't realised that since it's raw, they got away with a bad language or was it just unintentional. YAOI?!! WTF?! Seems the girls are fond of Yaoi rather than Yuri...

Seems like their adopting the old movies from westren. Funny when I first saw that. Waiting again for the subs...
Old 2007-08-13, 11:40   Link #35
Fat Cat Lim

I'm quite tempted to loop Tsukasa's "chin chin" clip and make it my new mobile ringtone. XD
Old 2007-08-13, 12:19   Link #36
Kaioshin Sama
Banned

Send a message via MSN to Kaioshin Sama
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kinny Riddle View Post
First some references:

Yui-nee is seen reading Fate/Zero, the prequel novel for Fate/stay night

Hiyorin is seen munching on a gigantic Shana-sized melon-bread

Hiyorin falling down animation sequence seems to be referring to JoJo's Bizarre Adventure

I'm sure everyone saw the Edward Elric (and Roy Mustang?) cosplayers

The SOS Brigade going bowling. Heh, I can so imagine them doing that. It makes for a great chapter, in which the bowling rounds never ends until Haruhi wins them all.

And here's a screenshot:

From top down, the names are: Haruhi, Kyou, Yuki, Mikuru and Itsuki.

Anyway:

- Tsukasa-chan not realizing she just said something obscene by accident +1

- Soujirou watches everything Gundam, simply because it's Gundam. I reckon he'll still watch Gundam 00 even if it has more yaoi-fodder than Gundam Wing. +1

- Nanako-sensei sleeping through the whole weekend. Man, I wish I could do that and just waste my weekend away. +1

- Poor Kona-chan and Yui-nee. After hearing Minami tell her that she would ask Miyuki for any problems with her homework, Yu-chan simply assumes Kona-chan and Yui-nee would be able to do the same. (While poor Soujirou got ignored completely, lol ) +1

- Poor Nanako-sensei. She's no longer being treated as a teacher but as an expert fellow MMORPGamer. lol +1

- Kona-chan doesn't realize she just made a silly pun out of typhoons. (It's hard to explain in English. ) However, Tsukasa-chan caps it off by revealing she didn't get the joke either. +1

- Don't you just hate it when the doorbell rings whenever you're taking a crap, shower or brushing your teeth? +1

- Waitress Kagamin~~!!! +5

- Hiyorin in all sorts of emotions when drawing her yaoi doujins +1

- Hiyorin at a lost to explain to Yu-chan what kind of manga she draws. (Because it's full of yaoi. ) +2

- Minami x Yu-chan FTW, in Hiyorin's imagination anyway. BTW, a grown up Yu-chan sure is hot as well. But poor Minami would be dwarfed by her as a result. +1

- Yu-chan asking Hiyorin: What's yaoi? +5

No comment on Lucky Channel today.

The ED is fine, since Kyo-Ani says it's OK for me to turn off the volume.

Total points 21/10
Not quite as high a score as my evil twin gave Episode 16. You aren't the Super Fan quite yet.
Old 2007-08-13, 12:27   Link #37
ReddyRedWolf

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kang Seung Jae View Post
I can't understand that joke about the dog... "Chin Chin?"
If you're a girl.

Spoiler for Response to question:
Old 2007-08-13, 13:03   Link #38
Kinny Riddle
Gone for Good

An English equivalent to Tsukasa's unintentional pun would be "The pen is mightier than the sword."
Old 2007-08-13, 13:14   Link #39
kenjiharima
Mizore-chan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fat Cat Lim View Post
I'm quite tempted to loop Tsukasa's "chin chin" clip and make it my new mobile ringtone. XD
konata's TiMOEte is still the best ringtone.

btw that's my ringtone for the past month
Old 2007-08-13, 13:43   Link #40
Kaoru Chujo
Yuuki Aoi

Guerrand sub is out.
YUUKI Aoi 悠木碧. b92.03.27 (age 29). 2008 Kurenai (Murasaki). 2009 Yumeiro Pâtissière (Ichigo), Kiruminzuu (Riko), Yutori-chan (Yutori-chan). 2010 Vampire Bund (Mina Tepeş), Shiki (Sunako), Samurai Girls (Juubee), Pokémon: Black and White (Iris). 2011 Madoka Magica (Madoka), Gosick (Victorique), A-Channel (Tooru). 2012 Symphogear (Hibiki). 2014 Pilot's Love Song (Claire/Nina), Nanatsu no Taizai (Diane). 2015 Owari no Seraph (Krul Tepes), Rokka no Yuusha (Fremy). 2016 Boku no Hero Academia (Tsuyu, Froppy). 2017 Kino no Tabi (Kino). 2021 Kumo desu ga (watashi), Kaizoku Oujo (Karin), Heike Monogatari (Biwa), etc., etc. Total of 513 roles in anime and games.
Closed Thread